• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

PC Gamer interview with SEGA Europe:
- PCGamer: One thing that you haven't done yet is bring any Atlus games to PC—I was wondering what the nature of that relationship is and whether that is something we could possibly look at in the future?

- SEGA Europe: The great thing about being involved with Atlus and you see it through Sega America and Atlus—they're bringing out Persona 5, which is an Atlus title but they're bringing out new editions of the Yakuza titles, they're doing that together —and so it just makes sense that we all talk together about extending all of those, incredible IP, across to Steam and recognise the fact that the PC audience adds to those community and consumer experiences, it doesn't detract from it and it isn't anything that they need to be concerned about, so... those conversations definitely happen.

We see our role as educating our business about PC and Steam as well as driving our business forward in sort of retail and on console as well, and we're all aware of the opportunities that are across all platforms for the IP.
http://www.pcgamer.com/we-dont-feel-anything-is-off-the-table-says-sega-on-growing-its-pc-catalogue

Tonton

Feels like a fairly long non-answer
I really don't understand this need for "talks" to port their own games either is there someone that thinks Persona 5 wouldn't make the Investment back but Vanquish will?
Like I can understand Yakuza since that is something a lot more niche in the west but Persona? What kind of talks do they need?

Did they ever fix the Force Unleashed games on PC? I've never played them and want to but apparently they're both garbage ports. I'll be playing with a controller but apparently they've also got framerate and technical issues. They also apparently don't include the DLCs which make the game better?

The games on 360 are 20 dollars or more (plus 2 dlcs) so I really don't feel like shelling that out for mediocre hack and slashes.

ezodagrom

I really don't understand this need for "talks" to port their own games either is there someone that thinks Persona 5 wouldn't make the Investment back but Vanquish will?
Like I can understand Yakuza since that is something a lot more niche in the west but Persona? What kind of talks do they need?
Atlus can be pretty stubborn after all, so they gotta convince Atlus.

Ascheroth

Atlus make great games but they're a joke of a company.
And Sega Japan is probably the bigger joke because they actually own Atlus and let them continue being that joke.

Uzzy

They need to convince Sega Japan, who then need to convince Atlus. That's quite an ask really.

Tizoc

I only know the Ys for Vita. I bought every Steam game, should I start with 1 or Origin?

1 and 2 are rather old. I'd say start with Origin then go for Oath in Felghana.

Ys 1 and 2 are fine, but use a rather 'archaic' combat system that may not appeal to everyone, but most of who I spoke with in regards to Ys 1 and 2, still enjoyed it!
So start with Oath in Felghana, then dive into Ys 1 and 2, followed by Origin. This is a suggested play order IMHO.

Ok so between 1 and 2 which is the least tropey?

oh skip 2, the story in that one is basura; go with one. theres actually a demo for both so you could try em both out and see which cast interests you more. each game is standalone with newer entries containing some easter eggs to previous games.

Tonton

Atlus can be pretty stubborn after all, so they gotta convince Atlus.

Atlus make great games but they're a joke of a company.
And Sega Japan is probably the bigger joke because they actually own Atlus and let them continue being that joke.

They need to convince Sega Japan, who then need to convince Atlus. That's quite an ask really.
So I guess Sega of Japan thinks a Xbox One port of Valkyria Revolution will make them lotsa money while Persona 5 on PC won't

Makes sense

Rookhelm

so, why are there so many RPG Makers?

I have RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker VX Ace that i got from Humble bundles, but I noticed that the most recent one, RPG Maker VX is on sale for 7.99.

Any major differences between these various editions? Should I stick with XP/VX Ace, or is VX a considerable upgrade?

Thud

I only know the Ys for Vita. I bought every Steam game, should I start with 1 or Origin?

You could play by the original release order, so the gameplay keeps getting refined or what most do is pick Origin/Oath and start with that.

The only rule is play ys II after ys I. :p

Parsnip

The question is, do you plan to play them all?
If yes, gameplay progression makes most sense to me at least. Start from 1&2 Chronicles, then move on to Napishtim - Felghana - Origin. I've been told that Napishtim is the weakest of those three, so keep that in mind. I'm personally playing in that exact order so I can get the weaker games out of the way, and finish on the stronger ones.

Did they ever fix the Force Unleashed games on PC? I've never played them and want to but apparently they're both garbage ports. I'll be playing with a controller but apparently they've also got framerate and technical issues. They also apparently don't include the DLCs which make the game better?

The games on 360 are 20 dollars or more (plus 2 dlcs) so I really don't feel like shelling that out for mediocre hack and slashes.

I don't remember having any major technical issues with them but it has been a while since I played them. They are locked to 30 FPS (unless you use a mod that breaks some physics). The first one includes all the DLCs but the second one does not.

I might just get Van Helsing instead.

VH has excellent controller support.

GD, i imagine would take work.

for D3, i used to use Pinnacle profiler to set it up exactly the way i needed, but it's basically build dependent. I have GD, but havent tried to use it with pinnacle.

Nerazar

so, why are there so many RPG Makers?

I have RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker VX Ace that i got from Humble bundles, but I noticed that the most recent one, RPG Maker VX is on sale for 7.99.

Any major differences between these various editions? Should I stick with XP/VX Ace, or is VX a considerable upgrade?

RPG Maker MV is the newest one and you should get that one instead. However, things seem to have changed a bit since XP/VX Ace, so you might want to read the reviews on MV before upgrading.

Imur

Thank you all for your help with Ys. You all had good points but I guess I will play them in the original order.

Jadax

Can't seem to activate this because I own one of the games?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jadax:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Renegade Ops, SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics, Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-C12C56DC7C0A2E97

t1498765261z1.png

Rookhelm

RPG Maker MV is the newest one and you should get that one instead. However, things seem to have changed a bit since XP/VX Ace, so you might want to read the reviews on MV before upgrading.

Oh, so it is. The release date is earlier, but maybe it was in early access?

Whatever, I'll into it...thanks :)

If I had to choose only one, should I grab Shadow of Mordor or Mad Max?

I consistently hear that Mordor is a fantastic game but I'm not a fantasy fan and I particularly don't like Lord of the Rings.

I've heard very mixed things about Mad Max but I love post apocalyptic stuff, particularly Mad Max.

I consistently hear that Mordor is a fantastic game but I'm not a fantasy fan and I particularly don't like Lord of the Rings.

I've heard very mixed things about Mad Max but I love post apocalyptic stuff, particularly Mad Max.

Max. Mordor is a borefest.

Tizoc

Sleeping Dogs.
and Mad Max.

Dr.Acula

Banned

I haven'y played either, but Mordor has a luke-warm reception.

I really liked Mad Max, it was very repetitive but also very enjoyable. It played great too.

Mordor's Nemesis system is cool. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the game being played--it's just window dressing. And the game itself is just... kinda... any open world game.

c0Zm1c

I really liked both games but Mad Max seems the obvious choice for you.

Amzin

To me, Mordor was a great GAME but a terrible LOTR title - it really is LOTR fanfic at best. The gameplay is a mix of Batman Arkham City + Assassin's Creed so if either of those offended you gameplay wise, I'd avoid it. I happen to love Arkham combat so it was a great game for me.

Mad Max I have but haven't started yet. Both games seem to appeal to different people weirdly, but I expect I'll enjoy MM all the same.

I second the random Sleeping Dogs suggestion above, SD is my favorite open world game ever as far as I can recall. It's just brilliant.

WarRock

Alright, I corrected to Ys!:D But yes sounds like Oath might be more for me. It's so weird, I really like playing Falcom games but somehow I also can't fully get into them.

Trying to sell cards enough for Unexplored but considering a Ys game as a backup.
I feel like you want to play Ys 7, but I think it's PSP only. Maybe consider buying and emulating it?

Ventara

Can anyone recommend a good singleplayer collectible card game, kinda like MTG (but not MTG)? I'm looking at Eternal Destiny, but the story and card game seem shallow.

Can anyone recommend a good singleplayer collectible card game, kinda like MTG (but not MTG)? I'm looking at Eternal Destiny, but the story and card game seem shallow.

System Crash
Puzzle Strike (not cards but chips)
Shadowverse

Edit- though the focus is MP, check out Duelyst. You can do AI matches and there are SP challenges. It's a hybrid of CCG and Final Fantasy Tactics. Nice animations and fantastic music.

Bl@de

I love Mad Max. Sure, it's a classic open world mission design, but the car chases, combat and storms are amazing. And the atmosphere is 100% Mad Max. I loved it. It's basically a perfect Fury Road game.

Ventara

System Crash
Puzzle Strike (not cards but chips)
Shadowverse

Edit- though the focus is MP, check out Duelyst. You can do AI matches and there are SP challenges. It's a hybrid of CCG and Final Fantasy Tactics. Nice animations and fantastic music.

Thanks guys! Always assumed these free-to-play card games were more multiplayer oriented. Will definitely check them all out, and I'll wishlist Puzzle Strike and Shadowverse for now.

I only played a couple of hours of Mad Max but it was enough to see that's it's way better then Mordor.

That game was awful.

To me, Mordor was a great GAME but a terrible LOTR title - it really is LOTR fanfic at best. The gameplay is a mix of Batman Arkham City + Assassin's Creed so if either of those offended you gameplay wise, I'd avoid it. I happen to love Arkham combat so it was a great game for me.

It gets stale after a while, but the gameplay was super fun while it lasted. And the setting helped.

But you're right in that, as far as LOTR goes, the story was a loose, weak stretch of that.

Ascheroth

World End Econonomica - Episode 3 (This was the last one)

Episode 1
Episode 2

Well, that was a magnificent conclusion to this story about stock trading on the moon.
Overall, this had even higher production values than Episode 2 (I think there might be a pattern somewhere : P)
I particularly liked the use of illustrations to supplement the financial explanations.

So yeah, while I wouldn't put this among the greatest VNs (but then again my reference for that is House in Fata Morgana xD), I'd certainly call it a very good read overall, even with the admittedly weaker Episode 1. To give a sense of length, each episode is around 6-8 hours depending on your reading speed.
Do give it a try, especially if you have it from the bundle a few weeks ago.
Keep in mind that this is basically a Kinetic Novel, there are no choices or interaction at all, it's just reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom