• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Showtime -- MB-7C64893903C4C3A9 - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.

t1498769395z1.png

Kifimbo

From GMG:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ENERGY CYCLE -- MB-B853CFA4D9206AC8

jtb

Banned
Man, I was weak willed and caved and bought Mankind Divided.

Already regretting it. I thought I was buying a poor man's Deus Ex. But it's structured like a fucking Ubisoft game. Whoops.

(Also, the tone is all wrong. Whatever. Here we go.)

haikira

Pretty sure this is the bundle I'm going to nab tomorrow.

Sentinels of the Multiverse
Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming
Stories Untold
Split/Second
Mr Shifty
Blood Bowl 2

Total £25.76

Any warnings before I do?

I'm pretty darn sold on Mr Shifty already, and I'm getting Sentinels of the Multiverse, and Half Minute Hero to play with two other friends.

kcp12304

Banned

Already regretting it. I thought I was buying a poor man's Deus Ex. But it's structured like a fucking Ubisoft game. Whoops.

Oh I wouldn't say Mankind Divided is a Ubisoft style game with objective marker barf all over the map. I had fun exploring Prague and the gameplay is as good as Human Revolution (which I enjoyed more). The story is weak sauce and the "magic" of Human Revolution isn't there but the game is pretty good overall.

Shantom

Stories Untold
Split/Second
Mr Shifty
Blood Bowl 2

Total £25.76

I'm pretty darn sold on Mr Shifty already, and I'm getting Sentinels of the Multiverse, and Half Minute Hero to play with two other friends.
Split/Second is a terrible port AFAIK.

Endruen

I've been playing Hollow Knight today and I feel like the controls are irresponsive, I may press jump and my character will just not do it and fall off the cliff or not attack when I want him to and receive a hit as consequence.
It might be me, but is there some type of delay like in the souls games? Because I can't replicate them when standing still, but it happens sometimes on critical moments.

The story is weak, sure. But some of the best hub design and exploration in any game, period.

Got a foil summer sale card.

Tried to put it up for sale.

It'll be held for 15 days because I can't mobile authenticate.

Realized that 15 days from now the price will be vastly different.

Pretty much have no choice but to let it expire. Feels good, man.

derFeef

Can someone explain the Dying Light situation to me?
I have Dying Light, which is now named "Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition" but just Dying Light in the Steam Library. Then there is The Following as DLC - which is not included in "Dying Light: The Following" ?

I've pretty much given up trying to sell anything since they have added that restriction.

Can someone explain the Dying Light situation to me?
I have Dying Light, which is now named "Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition" but just Dying Light in the Steam Library. Then there is The Following as DLC - which is not included in "Dying Light: The Following" ?

The Following is additional dlc you need to purchase since you got the original game. Newcomers get the lot.

bbd23

I've been playing Hollow Knight today and I feel like the controls are irresponsive, I may press jump and my character will just not do it and fall off the cliff or not attack when I want him to and receive a hit as consequence.
It might be me, but is there some type of delay like in the souls games? Because I can't replicate them when standing still, but it happens sometimes on critical moments.

this happens to me at times too and im not sure if its the game or my controller.

its super annoying

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so somehow my steam app got uninstalled on my phone, which led to a bunch of shenanigans with me having to turn steam guard off and on again, and now I won't have time to sell my trading cards to fund my sale purchases

feels bad

Nabs

The controls should be very responsive. I've heard of problems with certain controllers (like the X1) and HK, so I'd recommend giving Steam's controller support a shot for this one game.

Stories Untold
Split/Second
Mr Shifty
Blood Bowl 2

Total £25.76

blood bowl 2 is supposed to get a legendary edition soon but you will have the option to upgrade.

lmimmfn

Setup authentication on your mobile and you're done, there's a great reason behind the hassle

So.. I get home from work today to load up Hollow Knight, which I played last night and it is uninstalled...? I hope it uses Steam Cloud. (I live alone)

Edit. Okay i reinstalled and the save is still there.

Just realized that ESO Morrowind is kinda bombed with only 40k owners so far (though the steamspy page seems quite weird to me). It's also on sale for 25% off already. The base ESO has 1,2m owners in comparison, such a staggering difference.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just realized that ESO Morrowind is kinda bombed with only 40k owners so far (though the steamspy page seems quite weird to me). It's also on sale for 25% off already. The base ESO has 1,2m owners in comparison, such a staggering difference.

Keep in mind that this will be difficult to pin down, as (I believe) people can purchase off-site keys to unlock the Morrowind expansion for their Steam copy of the game without it showing up as "owned" on Steam.

So the 40k owners is literally just the people who have purchased it directly on Steam.

EDIT: just double-checked and yes you can purchase the non-Steam version of Morrowind to upgrade the Steam version of ESO

Endruen

this happens to me at times too and im not sure if its the game or my controller.

its super annoying
I guess I might lose a bit of connection since I'm playing wirelessly, but damn, it's really annoying indeed. It's happened me with other games too, so maybe I don't have fast enough reflexes.

The controls should be very responsive. I've heard of problems with certain controllers (like the X1) and HK, so I'd recommend giving Steam's controller support a shot for this one game.

I am using a Steam Controller, though.

BasilZero

It means you should play Lords of Shadow first

It's a good, albeit very flawed game.

LoS 1 is definitely better, though.

Oh I will, planning to play LoS before this one lol

Hit me up for one of those 25% off PUBG codes if you're interested. I have 3 left

Really, just play Super Castlevania IV for the perfection in classic Castlevania gameplay and then play Symphony of the Night for the evolution of it.

Lords of Shadow was something for sure. Not a bad game really, but I don't remember it being super Castlevania. If you're looking into getting into Castlevania stay away from anything 3D for sure though.

Fun fact, the first game I bought after getting my first job was Lords of Shadow. I never ended up beating it but I remember having a good time with it.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out!

Keep in mind that this will be difficult to pin down, as (I believe) people can purchase off-site keys to unlock the Morrowind expansion for their Steam copy of the game without it showing up as "owned" on Steam.

So the 40k owners is literally just the people who have purchased it directly on Steam.

EDIT: just double-checked and yes you can purchase the non-Steam version of Morrowind to upgrade the Steam version of ESO

Well, yeah. But even though we're being generous by counting those non-Steam purchase at the same Steam attach rate, it'll only be 80k owners in total. Still pretty low compared to the total ESO owners. Though I'm still suspect on the steamspy numbers anyway. It's showing a huge decline after June 13th which doesn't make any sense at all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, yeah. But even though we're being generous by counting those non-Steam purchase at the same Steam attach rate, it'll only be 80k owners in total. Still pretty low compared to the total ESO owners. Though I'm still suspect on the steamspy numbers anyway. It's showing a huge decline after June 13th which doesn't make any sense at all.

Yes true their stats are a bit suspect, but I would also say that non-Steam purchases are probably several factors higher than Steam purchases especially considering the discounts it's been receiving basically since day one on other (non-Steam, questionably legal) sites. Since the retail keys are redeemable for any account and it doesn't appear there is any region-locking in place, the grey market is pretty flush with retail keys for cheap.

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't think it's bombed as hard as the SteamSpy numbers would lead people to believe.

Tizoc

Oh I will, planning to play LoS before this one lol

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out!
Play lords of shadow 1 the. 2, they are both flawed but u can see the good gameplay ideas in them
I wouldnt recommend mirror of fate mainly because it's prety boring

Nabs

I guess I might lose a bit of connection since I'm playing wirelessly, but damn, it's really annoying indeed. It's happened me with other games too, so maybe I don't have fast enough reflexes.

I am using a Steam Controller, though.

interesting. i wonder what's going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom