• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

croten

Agree to disagree.

The show makes a point of showing cruel and vile they were. The infamous bath scene alone shows what kind of monster Ragyo is.

Also Mako is great

A good villain is one that you can understand and possibly sympathize with, one who motivations are clear and understood.
Ragyo
is just a bitch

Tako

But the upside is you can eat as much as you want without people bitching because you're the chef and what you say goes.

I just wanted to play some Naruto amd Dark Souls. But no, I'm making chili, potato wedges, hamburger sliders, jalapeño poppers and fruit salad.

A good villain is one that you can understand and possibly sympathize with, one who motivations are clear and understood.
Ragyo
is just a bitch

As much as I hate to admit it

Nagato was a damn good villain, back in the day when I watched naruto that backstory honestly made me feel bad for him and I knew where he was coming from and how he got the way he did.

If Shippuden did one thing right, it was Nagato.

I just wanted to play some Naruto amd Dark Souls. But no, I'm making chili, potato wedges, hamburger sliders, jalapeño poppers and fruit salad.
I did all that this morning, except it was Sushi,fried rice, and I made some Tonkatsu ramen.

Agree to disagree.

The show makes a point of showing cruel and vile they were. The infamous bath scene alone shows what kind of monster Ragyo is.

Also Mako is great
That makes them easy to hate, but their motivations are nonexistent. Without a believable villainous intent, they appear as weak villains.

Ragyo
is just a bitch

Well she and most of her family were "tasked" with spreading the life fibers. It was her life's ambition. She would do anything to achieve it

Also that line of thinking falls apart considering that The Joker's (and in no way in hell am I comparing KLK to Batman) motivations and why does the shit he does are unclear. Their are however interpretations

For what Kill La Kill was, the villains did their jobs well

It's ok, the last film will probably explain everything...I hope

The why do you have her as an avatar with the eyepatch on :p?

Because I love the shit out of her in that sweater and Obe added knee highs. I like the eye patch anyway, that's not what I hate about the remake series.

I hate that they took a classic anime and re made it just for the sake of remaking it. It's sad but most of the older animes from the 90's have aged well outside of most Shounen, there was no need to remake this series. They did it to make more fucking money and it pisses me off, but not nearly as much as it pisses me off knowing that the shit remake movies are more well known then the actual episodic series at this point.

You guys like Queen?

Well imagine if Nicki Minaj remade Bohemian Rhapsody.

That's the best way I can describe how I feel about those movies.

croten

No, that's a good anti-hero.

No? I never said they weren't evil just that you get thir motivations. For example in Gurren Lagann, the easiest comparison to KLK,
Lordgenome
and the
Anti-spiral's
motivations make sense.
Lordgenome wants humanity to live a shit life so that they can live at all and the anti-spiral want to prevent the end of the universe.
Neither of these things I would ever condemn but I can still understand it.

360pages

Yea I know it does, that's just my favorite anime I'd like to think it doesn't.

Fucking shit I'm taking this harder then I have when some girls have dumped me.

Yuyu is by far my favorite Shonen, and when you say Dragonball, are speaking of both that and Z or just the original?

Just Dragon Ball, I like Z as well, but the writing was pretty poor compared to Dragon Balls.

croten

Well she and most of her family were "tasked" with spreading the life fibers. It was her life's ambition. She would do anything to achieve it

Also that line of thinking falls apart considering that The Joker's (and in no way in hell am I comparing KLK to Batman) motivations and why does the shit he does are unclear. Their are however interpretations

For what Kill La Kill was, the villains did their jobs well

That's still no good.
The joker wants to watch the world burn because he gets off on it but Ragyo wants the life fibers to take over the world because...?

Alfebit

Banned
Because I love the shit out of her in that sweater and Obe added knee highs. I like the eye patch anyway, that's not what I hate about the remake series.

Oberon added those in?

4G86MSl.jpg

Happy New years Europeans...

She's the best written character in Eva...

Oh dear lord don't you be talkin shit about Asuka.

How is Asuka a flaw, when her character purpose is fulfilled perfectly?

SPOILERS for.....I think the lastest film 3.33 or somthing
http://media.giphy.com/media/mGU3IXBNZEHxC/giphy.gif

What was their motivation again?
I reaaaaaaaally hate Asuka.

Rei for life.

That's still no good.
The joker wants to watch the world burn because he gets off on it but Ragyo wants the life fibers to take over the world because...?

They explained that.

They would convert humans into life fibers and then destroy the planet. The explosion would send the life fibers far into the universe to other worlds where they can repeat the process. Also the life fibers are fucking Aliens.

Just Dragon Ball, I like Z as well, but the writing was pretty poor compared to Dragon Balls.
Alright Z is okay at best..most of it is nostalgia to some people.

Ugh I wish we could cook together and make some badass food
I would be down for that if I'm ever in your neighborhood.

Oberon added those in?
Yea I asked in here if someone could make it transparent and gave me a late christmas gift in the form of my waifu in my favorite outfit.

Rei for life.
YOU GO TO HELL! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

That's still no good.
Didn't they explain that
Life fibers were the basis of evolution? I think they were trying to make her reasoning to be that we would be better beings?

Rei for life.
Rei is my favorite, but Asuka is still a good character and easy to sympathize.

They explained that.

They would convert humans into life fibers and then destroy the planet. The explosion would send the life fibers far into the universe to other worlds where they can repeat the process.
but why does RAGYO want to do this. Thats what the life fibers want, but why does Ragyo want to help them, its never explained.

croten

They explained that.

They would convert humans into life fibers and then destroy the planet. The explosion would send the life fibers far into the universe to other worlds where they can repeat the process. Also the life fibers are fucking Aliens.

But why did
Ragyo
want that?

but why does RAGYO want to do this. Thats what the life fibers want, but why does Ragyo want to help them, its never explained.

Because they converted her as they did her family for many many generations. They brainwashed her into doing this. She hated humanity as well after being brainwashed. She started the "pigs in clothes"

She resented that she had to work with a species she found distgusting

Alright Z is okay at best..most of it is nostalgia to some people.

I would be down for that if I'm ever in your neighborhood.

Yea I asked in here if someone could make it transparent and gave me a late christmas gift in the form of my waifu in my favorite outfit.

YOU GO TO HELL! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!
AHAHAHAA
tumblr_mjtgxkPNk61rdutw3o1_400.gif

999 update: so.. captain quarters.. i feel like i'm getting the true route.

Well.. he's popular but not that popular. It's not surprising. It's kinda like not everyone knows who tbf is.

Yea you are, you may also have missed some back story for certain characters

You're getting the coffin route, you need to get the safe ending before you can get the true route
He already got the safe ending

You must have a garbage fetish, first you like the pile of garbage that lives at the inn, now you like the garbage that's
]just floating around in tanks in the basement of NERV.

Jk you're great <3
Tsunderes are the fucking worst, and I hate you.
joking <3
Also spoiler

Its mainly because of the episodes where she was introduced, I gradually warmed up to her near the end of the series but those episode introducing her were just....gah worst part of the series. I hate her and her constant need for attention.
That's the point. She craved attention because she was replaced by a doll by her mother. She wanted to look like a mature woman. She wanted to feel important to others, as the only thing she was her piloting.

Oberon

Banned

I hate that they took a classic anime and re made it just for the sake of remaking it. It's sad but most of the older animes from the 90's have aged well outside of most Shounen, there was no need to remake this series. They did it to make more fucking money and it pisses me off, but not nearly as much as it pisses me off knowing that the shit remake movies are more well known then the actual episodic series at this point.

You guys like Queen?

Well imagine if Nicki Minaj remade Bohemian Rhapsody.

That's the best way I can describe how I feel about those movies.

Well, I made this eyepatch less avatar anyway
wi74fmV.png

I love the orginal series, but the films have some really sick fights!

Oberon added those in?

Oh, havent's seen this one for a while
I could do the same with korra if you want

Rei for life.

Actually, Rei is pretty great

That's the point. She craved attention because she was replaced by a doll by her mother. She wanted to look like a mature woman. She wanted to feel important to others, as the only thing she was her piloting.
i get that and like i said i warmed up to her as the series went on but im still not a fan of her. I hate how shes the only one who came back at the end and not Misato or Rei

Tsunderes are garbage. One of the most overused tropes in anime. I hate almost all of them. The only ones I think are okay are Asuka and Yukari and that's because they're both well written.

Let me rephrase what I said..

Well written tsunderes are amazing. Poorly written ones are garbage.

I definitely found her creepy

I found her creepy at the end of EoE, but throughout the whole series she just reminded me of a shy quiet girl.

I would say that is a flaw of Eva, Rei needed to be more creepy.

Oberon

Banned
Tsunderes are garbage. One of the most overused tropes in anime. I hate almost all of them. The only ones I think are okay are Asuka and Yukari and that's because they're both well written.

Tsundere are the worst in the real life too

Thanks dude <3

You're welcome
Rei's pretty cool, it's just that her character purpose failed, because too many people found her cute, rather than creepy.
They should have hired the poeple who wrote Yukikos character amarite?

Top Bottom