• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Xiraiya

Matt:whats the name of the game from Kingdom hearts with the white hair whos name is like Rikku from ffX?
Liam:Riku?
Matt: no thats not it...

I'm really surprised Liam didn't seem to know either, I have barely Played Kingdom Hearts and still know most of the characters names.
Matt is slowly going the way of Giant Bomb.

skipped the hardboiled arc, i fell asleep lol
Yeah I don't remember enjoying that one a whole lot, nothing particularly significant happens, it's just a random 2/3 episode story.

Forgetting the answer exists is also a viable option
No but I need to know now. My crazy tells me to.
Yeah, if you want challenge you're going to have to look into other MegaTen games. By the way, I highly suggest you play P3 FES first. It's the proper way to experience P3 on your first playthrough. After that there's really no need.
I'm definitely going to look into SMT3 and 4, idk about FES though. That no control over party actions shit will bug me really hard. I'll think it over.
I did what matt did with onimusha and got to the final dungeon and just stopped. I really hated the random battle rate.
Yeah it didn't bother me at first, but it's like they turn that shit up the longer you play

croten

I'm really surprised Liam didn't seem to know either, I have barely Played Kingdom Hearts and still know most of the characters names.

As far as I know Matt really dislikes the games so his ignorance isn't unexpected and I assume Liam just went with it for comedies sake.

That's a bit much, Matt is passionate about a lot of gaming stuff, which is more than what I can say about the entire GB crew.

I'm definitely going to look into SMT3 and 4, idk about FES though. That no control over party actions shit will bug me really hard. I'll think it over.

It's going to be weird and probably frustrating, but I think it's worth it. Some of the scenes in P3P really suffer because they don't have in-game/animated cutscenes. Also, not being able to walk around the city sucks.

Not yet, but soon.. i suppose we arent going to do anything special for the count down.

It doesn't really work when we're all in different time zones.

Go play SMT1 tho... That opening scene somehow stunned me the first time I saw it. FES is the definitive version of the game because its super balanced both in terms of balancing out your days and combat.
Basically what PG said. There really isn't much to it

But at the end of P3 there's no question that needs to be answered
I dunno tho. PersonaGAF seems to say the Answer explains it more in depth. Why can't
Itkuski and Mitsuru's dad summon personas tho!?!

Holy shit I passed out for the entirety of this family party.
FES is balanced around you only having control of the protag.

OH SHIT CROTEN THANKS ILL TRY AND TAKE A SCREENSHOT ON MOBILE

It's going to be weird and probably frustrating, but I think it's worth it. Some of the scenes in P3P really suffer because they don't have in-game/animated cutscenes. Also, not being able to walk around the city sucks.
While I found the cursor to be a little finicky at times I much preferred it to walking around places like the school. They are big places and there is not a whole lot going on in them. The fast travel is a huge plus for me as well. I'm still with you on saying FES is the best way to experience it for the first time

Ha ha glad you like it, Imma pass out now.
0Vu1Ofu.jpg

Thanks man!
It's a good thing I haven't started a figurine collection. I don't know if my wallet could handle that shit.
I have a wishlist on MFC that just immediately puts me in like $300 deep.

I'd have bought it if the life was a litte bigger but I think I can hold back

I'm too cheap for that shit lol I've pretty much changed my buying habits to whenever it's on sale..hence waiting for the steam sale

everybody post lewd pictures until New Years
I agree with Lelouch, let's usher in the New Year the only way we know how.

The Lewd Way

0Vu1Ofu.jpg

Thanks man!

I have a wishlist on MFC that just immediately puts me in like $300 deep.

Geez..and here I am with my one Spawn figurine.

Happy new year Best Friends!
Yo CB! Happy New Years
Ah jeez alright, I might. I'm a sucker for presentation
Go play SMT1 tho... That opening scene somehow stunned me the first time I saw it. FES is the definitive version of the game because its super balanced both in terms of balancing out your days and combat.
Aren't those on the NES though OH SHIT THEY'RE ON THE WII VC AND OTHER STUFF okay I'll check them out eventually. It's going to be so back going from P4G back to SMT1 though, I guess I'll just take a break in between
But at the end of P3 there's no question that needs to be answered
No but I need it tho. Also you missed the part where I said I'm crazy

Holy shit I passed out for the entirety of this family party.

Basically, there's going to be a few fights in which your teammates will infuriate you and a few bossfights that become pretty hard because you have no control(though I think some of them are just supposed to be that hard). Everything can be solved by grinding though.

While I found the cursor to be a little finicky at times I much preferred it to walking around places like the school. They are big places and there is not a whole lot going on in them. The fast travel is a huge plus for me as well. I'm still with you on saying FES is the best way to experience it for the first time

Being able to walk around is a really minor thing, but I think it added a lot. Just made the world feel more alive. Also, being able to run around with your hands in your pockets is great.

360pages

Honestly, that Real Steel game looks hype as shit...

I also have a feeling hey are going to play Ippo game at the end of all of this.

Basically, there's going to be a few fights in which your teammates will infuriate you and a few bossfights that become pretty hard because you have no control(though I think some of them are just supposed to be that hard). Everything can be solved by grinding though.
I'm blaming you all once I get salt for party members being dumb
being able to run around with your hands in your pockets is great.
I can dig that

It kinda becomes protag vs enemy with assists, not party vs monster.
Ah jeez alright, I might. I'm a sucker for presentation
Then you probably do wanna play FES, the difference is kinda stunning. P3P feels kinda claustrophobic and shoddy by comparison, mostly cause they got the game running on a goddamn PSP.
Persona 3?
Yes.

It kinda becomes protag vs enemy with assists, not party vs monster.

Which is why fusing the right monsters and skills is even more important than in P4, because you can only rely on those. Which reminds me of the total crap that is the fusing system, I kind of don't want to replay P3 until they maybe remake it(I can dream).

edit: DROP MITSURU?? Sure she could be annoying with her Marin Karin but she still did by far the highest amount of damage of the whole crew. My team in the end was Yukari, Mitsuru and Aigis. Akihiko was good too. There were 2 characters I refused to use
Ken because lol no, and doggy because personas that rely on instant kill skills suck

I did too..I had to google MFC to make sure it wasn't what I thought it was.
Microsoft Foundation Classes
I had to look that up, never heard of mildly fat chick.
Which is why fusing the right monsters and skills is even more important than in P4, because you can only rely on those. Which reminds me of the total crap that is the fusing system, I kind of don't want to replay P3 until they maybe remake it(I can dream).
I was never bothered by the random fusions in any of the Nocturne onwards games. The game isn't so difficult that you ever needed more than maybe one or two skills to transfer. Nocturne is probably the one game where it matters most.

Also it's all about Aki, Yukari, Aigis.

I got so much alcohol. I'm so excited! Happy New Year Frienders! Truly this is the best holiday. Instead of family, friends and presents, it's a holiday based around getting drunk and having sex with strangers.

Top Bottom