• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Xiraiya

I thought Ornstein and Smough were a little underwhelming, but still cool.

I would have rather fought Ornstein by himself but at like twice the speed, THAT would be a hype fight.

I thought Ornstein and Smough were a little underwhelming.

I would have rather fought Ornstein by himself but at like twice the speed, THAT would be a hype fight.

Pretty much.

I can understand why it's a good fight but it didn't stick out to me as this amazing thing that so many claim it to be. I didn't even know about the hype surrounding the fight until long after I'd beaten it.

tumblr_nhhjzajA6O1shevqao1_1280.png

I...I'd play it.

Mmmmm..... Pizza

Also, just woke up after sleeping 15 hours. My head is heavy as lead

Xiraiya

Pretty much.
I can understand why it's a good fight but it didn't stick out to me as this amazing thing that so many claim it to be. I didn't even know about the hype surrounding the fight until long after I'd beaten it.

Kalameet and Artorias were easily my favorite fights of Dark Souls I think, I actually loved fighting Gwyn too actually.

Especially since I was able to summon Solaire for it, felt really good, easy but good.

Xiraiya

Play Dark Souls 2, where you fight just Ornstein... again... oh wait that's garbage.
I've done that fight, I thought it was fine for the 3rd boss fight in the game, my biggest issue is the lore behind it, gameplay wise though I enjoyed it well enough.

I've done that fight, I thought it was fine for the 3rd boss fight in the game, my biggest issue is the lore behind it, gameplay wise though I enjoyed it well enough.

I just find it excessively lazy at the very least, and just fucking nothing at best. He's fun, but copy pasting bosses from the previous game is garbage. Gargoyles are absolutely horrid.

I'll be kind of disappointed if there isn't a Maneaters fight in Bloodborne. It's become something of a tradition at this point, and they already threw out Patches.

Some series have moogles or cute slimes. Souls games have gargoyle tag-team title matches.

I'll be kind of disappointed if there isn't a Maneaters fight in Bloodborne. It's become something of a tradition at this point, and they already threw out Patches.

Some series have moogles or cute slimes. Souls games have gargoyle tag-team title matches.
Don't worry, you can still count on the Moonlight Sword still being in there.

Though this time make it like how it was in Otogi and Armored Core where it's OP as fuck.

Don't worry, you can still count on the Moonlight Sword still being in there.

Though this time make it like how it was in Otogi and Armored Core where it's OP as fuck.

Moonlight Greatsword probably is pretty broken in DS1 if your tumblebuff it with Crystal Magic Weapon. I should try that this weekend, while I have some time.

FAP Ring is probably the best ring in the game, but it can be annoying in certain (spoilery) areas of the game where using another ring is extremely helpful or outright required, because it basically means you end up with no second ring slot. That can be a big problem if your build is heavily reliant on a certain ring (Red Tearstone, Bellowing Dragoncrest, etc.)

For a general build, though? There's not much better.

FAP Ring is probably the best ring in the game, but it can be annoying in certain (spoilery) areas of the game where using another ring is extremely helpful or outright required, because it basically means you end up with no second ring slot. That can be a big problem if your build is heavily reliant on a certain ring (Red Tearstone, Bellowing Dragoncrest, etc.)

For a general build, though? There's not much better.

I will never look at that ring the same way again after that.

Oberon

Banned
Sounds like a good day to me. :p

Don't worry, I feel the same way. I kind of finished a chapter, but I legit don't think it's actually that great since it was kind of short.

Mhmm, I still have some work to for school left to do, I hope that would keep me busy.
I just don't want to go sleeping, but I must because school start monday, and I have get used to it go to bed early. At least I will have some social interraction again.

I've been alternating between my. Uchi and my Raw battle Axe.

I could always put on Havel's armor and become a cool guy.

Usually it's less for wearing superheavy armor (though it certainly helps with that), and more for actually staying under 25% equipment load with even just basic armor and weapons on. Especially for STR weapons, since most of them are very heavy.

Oh yeah, and the +20% HP is pretty nice.

Usually it's less for wearing superheavy armor (though it certainly helps with that), and more for actually staying under 25% equipment load with even just basic armor and weapons on. Especially for STR weapons, since most of them are very heavy.

Oh yeah, and the +20% HP is pretty nice.
Im running a bass cannon build but with mask of the mother and eastern armour.

Top Bottom