• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I don't really think it's creepy to follow their Tumblr's if you enjoy the stuff they post because that's what Tumblr is for, but if people stalk those pages just because their these guys's girlfriends then that's a little suspect.

I feel bad for her. A ton of her questions that she answers are about Pat, but she's a cool lady. She's linked some pretty funny stuff.
tumblr_nhcpewT9pk1twcyzfo1_1280.png

I found her tumblr way before, when I think Archgan brought it up offhand.
I'm not creepy

I found her Instagram awhile ago and then random pictures of Pat started showing up. It was fucking wierd. I didnt even realize for the longest time.

Edit: also what episode with the Satsuki walk are you hlguys talking about? I want to check it out.

Zenfalcia

Pretty sure she was joking. Still hilarious, though.

She probably was, but it'll be so much better if she wasn't.
Hey guys what's going on oh shit Zen's avatar.

Anyways DMC4 has the best QTEs

You love it.
Nothing wrong with a little curiosity. I've popped over to Matt's fiance's Tumblr a few times because she posted something that he reblogged and I thought it was cool.

I used to use tumblr a lot, but then things happened and I stopped caring.
I'm so far behind on Best Friends videos thanks to the holidays that I think I'm just going to wait for the new playthroughs to start. Trying to catch up now would be a nightmare.

Same.. but somehow i'll do it.

Hey guys what's going on oh shit Zen's avatar.

Anyways DMC4 has the best QTEs

I don't know, man. D4 has some pretty good QTEs

I found her Instagram awhile ago and then random pictures of Pat started showing up. It was fucking wierd. I didnt even realize for the longest time.

Edit: also what episode with the Satsuki walk are you hlguys talking about? I want to check it out.

satsuki-walking-up-walls.gif

You mean stuff with the Devil Bringer?

Eh, I'd argue the Obliteration Techniques in Ninja Gaiden 2 are better, if only because of the multiple animations they can have for a single enemy.

Yeah, cause there's no prompts but you know, they make you know. Also I haven't played the NG games so I can't argue on that
You love it.
I found it funny yeah
I don't know, man. D4 has some pretty good QTEs
That too
I don't think UT count as QTEs, and I can't actually remember any QTEs in DMC4 either.
No but they're there though, trust me.

Alfebit

Banned
I don't really think it's creepy to follow their Tumblr's if you enjoy the stuff they post because that's what Tumblr is for. However, if people stalk those pages just because they're these guys's girlfriends then that's a little suspect.

Yeah. I think Lulu was way out of line posting that for even lurkers to see. I think the link is still in his post even after myself and croten asked him to remove it because that's just not cool.

Sorry if I sound like I'm being an asshole Lulu but that's just my opinion. I had a really hard time deciding if I should post this because I really dislike any form of confrontation but I just felt the need to say what's on my mind.

I don't think UT count as QTEs, and I can't actually remember any QTEs in DMC4 either.
Obliteration, not Ultimate, there's a difference.

UT is just a charge attack with special animations and properties depending on the level, and can be performed on an enemy in any state.

OT can be done with a heavy attack when an enemy is missing a limb, either an arm, leg, or even the head, and the animation is different for each limb missing. It's contextual while feeling very natural. Puts the idea of QTE finishers in the God of War games with their on screen button prompts to fucking shame.

SA2's writing is do dumb.
I love it.

Yeah. I think Lulu was way out of line posting that for even lurkers to see. I think the link is still in his post even after myself and croten asked him to remove it because that's just not cool.

Sorry if I sound like I'm being an asshole Lulu but that's just my opinion. I had a really hard time deciding if I should post this because I really dislike any form of confrontation but I just felt the need to say what's on my mind.

Wait, Lulu actually posted the image in the thread? Damn.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nah. I think I'll go save up for a new Kamen Rider fighting game. The guys back at TokuGAF hyped me up on it. The old one looks pretty good, so hopefully they make a new one.

Honestly you'd be better off just getting Super Climax Heroes. They're clearly done with the series, as they didn't release one for Gaim, and most certainly aren't releasing one for Drive either (if anything we'll get Battride War III). And SCH is really quite good.

demidar

Obliteration, not Ultimate, there's a difference.

UT is just a charge attack with special animations and properties depending on the level, and can be performed on an enemy in any state.

OT can be done with a heavy attack when an enemy is missing a limb, either an arm, leg, or even the head, and the animation is different for each limb missing. It's contextual while feeling very natural. Puts the idea of QTE finishers in the God of War games with their on screen button prompts to fucking shame.

Oh right now I remember. Yeah that totally counts.

Edit: This Ippo game looks really cool.

Archgan

I don't know, tumblr is a basically a public blog and she wasn't hiding the fact she was Pat's girlfriend. I don't think it was over the line. Some people, like myself, like the other things she posts.

Honestly you'd be better off just getting Super Climax Heroes. They're clearly done with the series, as they didn't release one for Gaim, and most certainly aren't releasing one for Drive either (if anything we'll get Battride War III). And SCH is really quite good.
I guess I should have looked up their previous releases. I didn't think they had yearly releases back then. I'll go pick it up when I get the chance.

Alfebit

Banned
I don't know, tumblr is a basically a public blog and she wasn't hiding the fact she was Pat's girlfriend. I don't think it was over the line. Some people, like myself, like the other things she posts.

I just think it's weird to post Pat's girlfriend's tumblr just because she's his girlfriend.

Archgan

I just think it's weird to post Pat's girlfriend's tumblr just because she's his girlfriend.

I think it is related to the thread because she does answer questions about Pat. Besides, other than make anonymous asks, there isn't much creepy things you could do with a tumblr.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I guess I should have looked up their previous releases. I didn't think they had yearly releases back then. I'll go pick it up when I get the chance.

Yeah. Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, and Wizard all had Climax Heroes games. And honestly they were all really bad up until Fourze, which was the first one to feel like a complete game (the previous games all had characters that were unfinished and lacked full move sets). Then Super (which was the Wizard entry) came along and was actually just a straight up great fighting game. But the series' sales were the inverse of its quality progression, getting worse and worse with every iteration (maybe you shouldn't have released three unfinished games, idiots) so they killed it off in favor of Battride War. Which is also seemingly following the same quality to sales pattern as Climax Heroes, with Battride II selling half of what the first game did. I figure we'll get at least a third Battride before they kill this one off, though, since SummonRide (the Skylanders ripoff) bombed so hard it didn't even rank on the Top 50 the week it came out (maybe don't release your dumb figure game the same week as Amiibos).

Zenfalcia

RIP
He really is I just wished they did the
death scene
better even if it was a homage.

I agree. They were running low on the budget, so i'm not surprised it ended up like that.
Spoilers for the show.

I kinda teared up at the end when he died and he gave his last words to Ryuko. Same with the OVA. Senketsu was a bro.

Don't judge me...

It was ok.
No feels, because he was just a pair clothes. :p

Too late.

Top Bottom