• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

croten

When you idolize? I only played like 7 hours of that game on a binge when I first got it and never really went back.

Well all the main girls have tons of unlockable costumes. Idolizing is one way to get them but I think I have like 4 or 5 different versions of Eli

Recording more footage for AC Project Phantasma. including the arena matches just because. The game let's you watch a replay of each match from different angles, though given the map and how the camera focuses mainly on the player AC, it gets weird when you're just standing in place firing at a moving target offscreen. Though the replay I got for Rank 30's match was pretty damn good. Guy charged right at me and a well timed sword slash ended the battle. One on one AC combat, AI or human, is so damn exhilarating. And better than Souls PVP.

Still, even with the actual match footage and replays, I'm still not sure whether to implement it into my eventual LP because of it being the same set up over and over for 49 battles. I've 100% completed these PS1 Armored Core games before (well, not disc 2 of MoA, though), and I want to show everything I do in them.

Any suggestions? I've still got time to think about format and shit while I'm still recording.

That's pretty much the only thing keeping me going, but even I feel that the events aren't keeping me getting back in, I've missed enough days to not get the umi card in the current event, though all I really need is Nico. I would gladly play more if it were the multiplayer event

yeah I really like that event more than the original one they are doing now. The random song thing is a great way to keep interest instead of playing the same song 12 times a day

Zenfalcia

Here's the link of the first custom map we'll be playing. Assuming cthulu is still playing, the list is cthulu, me, and misses bull. We could play versus but ehh.. it'll make everyone wait, again.

You can start without me while I'm figuring all this Workshop stuff out.

Or if you want me to just play right now I can, with filthy vanilla assets.

Up to you, only you can see your mods, no one else can. So is this a yes or no. Since i don't want a rehash of last time and waiting for everyone.

Anung

Un Rama
Recording more footage for AC Project Phantasma. including the arena matches just because. The game let's you watch a replay of each match from different angles, though given the map and how the camera focuses mainly on the player AC, it gets weird when you're just standing in place firing at a moving target offscreen. Though the replay I got for Rank 30's match was pretty damn good. Guy charged right at me and a well timed sword slash ended the battle. One on one AC combat, AI or human, is so damn exhilarating. And better than Souls PVP.

Still, even with the actual match footage and replays, I'm still not sure whether to implement it into my eventual LP because of it being the same set up over and over for 49 battles. I've 100% completed these PS1 Armored Core games before (well, not disc 2 of MoA, though), and I want to show everything I do in them.

Any suggestions? I've still got time to think about format and shit while I'm still recording.

Why not make some test footage first to see how it pans out before settling on a format? or have summaries of the watches in quick edits to make it watchable without being super time consuming to watch.

Sounds good though :D I love me some Armored Core.

Well all the main girls have tons of unlockable costumes. Idolizing is one way to get them but I think I have like 4 or 5 different versions of Eli
Oh, huh. That's pretty cool then.

Also holy shit I just booted up Project Diva on a whim and cleared a song on Extreme. I guess I did git gud.

croten

Oh, huh. That's pretty cool then.

Also holy shit I just booted up Project Diva on a whim and cleared a song on Extreme. I guess I did git gud.

It's also got the addictiveness of trading cards where you have a chance to get a rare Idol. I managed to get an Ultra Rare, it was awesome.

demidar

Here's the link of the first custom map we'll be playing. Assuming cthulu is still playing, the list is cthulu, me, and misses bull. We could play versus but ehh.. it'll make everyone wait, again.

Up to you, only you can see your mods, no one else can. So is this a yes or no. Since i don't want a rehash of last time and waiting for everyone.

Fair enough. I only have a Dio voice pack changer for the Tank.

Downloading the map now, won't take too long.

K. I just wanted to make sure who'll willing or busy. I'll do the rest in steam chat now.
I didn't mean to sound complainy actually, just figured it'd help.
It's also got the addictiveness of trading cards where you have a chance to get a rare Idol. I managed to get an Ultra Rare, it was awesome.
Ah that never really pulled me in. Same with daily rewards that's crack for some people, just doesn't snag me.

Xiraiya

I'm like a rare pokemon in the Friender/Gaf world.
220px-BrawlPokeTrainer.png

Why not make some test footage first to see how it pans out before settling on a format? or have summaries of the watches in quick edits to make it watchable without being super time consuming to watch.

Sounds good though :D I love me some Armored Core.
Well, it's following up on my Armored Core LP I did on Something Awful this summer, which was videos showing the missions in full, but the actual content was a screenshot LP, with images and text commentary. There's really not much unique things I can say for every arena match which is the problem.

I think I might just show portions of the match, like the last moments of each one to cut down on time and have videos that cover batches of them at once. The way I'm playing through the game right now is doing about 5 matches after each mission in the campaign, so as to not save it all for the end of the game.

yeah I really like that event more than the original one they are doing now. The random song thing is a great way to keep interest instead of playing the same song 12 times a day
I have to thank them for putting in the X4 event songs, makes using those event points so much more faster, are you free 2 play or do you buy gems?

WHAAAAAT!?

Ranger747

Neo Member
I'm done with Angel Densetsu and I don't know what to do with myself. Can you dorks recommend something silly for me? I'm too scared to jump back into JoJo.

Xiraiya

I'm done with Angel Densetsu and I don't know what to do with myself. Can you dorks recommend something silly for me? I'm too scared to jump back into JoJo.

Gintama, it's basically Joseph Joestar adventures with Samurai, police, prostitutes and kids.

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys would be a good option too.

Zenfalcia

Daily lives of highschool boys, gintama, and gekkan shoujo. There's more but i can't think of any right now.

Ranger747

Neo Member
Thanks for the recommendations. By the wat, if you haven't already done it, read Angel Densetsu. It's sweet. I think I got so into into because of the art style. The clean, 90's, thing was really nice. Also good Bass High-esque shenanigans.

Top Bottom