• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Zenfalcia

Kinda sad, kinda meh ending, but hey, le vie est drole, amirite?

What a cocktease story, it almost went somewhere just like one of my japanese animes. It's fine, maybe you'll meet her again or someone else.
My Story Club is decent at giving good feedback, the main problem with them so far is the fact that it's hard to get picked due to the point system.

points huh.. why points?
Well, I only started going there earlier this month, but haven't been as frequent as the price for games I want to play are a bit pricey.

I have no desire to drink alcohol, but I can see how it could be enjoyable just being around guys that are drinking if they don't become horrible upon being wasted.

And you don't have the luxury to go there everyday and spend on multiple plays.

Eh, depends on the group i suppose, some people drink to get wasted.
I did care but things happened which totally changed my whole attitude and I just can't get back to where I was with her after it all happened. Part of me stays knowing I should give her another chance/I won't find someone who puts up with me so much but the other half is just bitter and cold.

And if I can find a girl who actually is in to the whole Al Capone thing and that special...

up to you, will your shadow win and show your trueself that you kinda care or will you disregard it and fight your inner boss demons.

You never know till you try. Maybe they'll learn to enjoy it more or have a secret facination that you don't know of.

hindenburg.gif

360pages

What a cocktease story, it almost went somewhere just like one of my japanese anjmes. It's fine, maybe you'll meet her again or someone else.

points huh.. why points?

up to you, will your shadow win and show your trueself that you kinda care or will you disregard it and fight your inner boss demons.

You never know till you try. Maybe they'll learn to enjoy it more or have a secret facination that you don't know of.

The system is, when someone is selected for a week in Story Club, People get points for writing reviews and answering questions. The more points you have the higher the chance you get that you'll be selected. (It's a lottery)

It took me about 9 months to get selected, which was last week.

360pages

Also, my story was compared to To Aru Majutsu no Index, but with less Agency...I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing...

Zenfalcia

The system is, when someone is selected for a week in Story Club, People get points for writing reviews and answering questions. The more points you have the higher the chance you get that you'll be selected. (It's a lottery)

It took me about 9 months to get selected, which was last week.

Eh.. i guess it's set up to make sure the community participates. If you really want more criticism you could just be shameless and post the story in writergaf or whatever it's called.

No kidding, I have to take the Sound Transit into Seattle from Redmond which takes about 30 to 45 minutes or so, and that's more money being put toward bus fare. It's definitely made me have to plan out the time I spend there so not a single credit feels wasted.

Anyway, I need to go to bed now before this RealGAF vortex completely consumes me. Later.

360pages

Eh.. i guess it's set up to make sure the community participates. If you really want more criticism you could just be shameless and post the story in writergaf or whatever it's called.

Yeah, no. I have way too much respect for those guys to post something I wrote there. I mean some of those guys legit got published. I would look like a real asshole if I posted my lame ass stories there. I at least want to make sure I have perfect grammar before I even think about putting something there.

Zenfalcia

Also, my story was compared to To Aru Majutsu no Index, but with less Agency...I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing...

To be fair, your story has been done before by many people. It's really hard to not have similarities unless you really break out of the mold or work within the trope but do it really well.

I guess it could be good if the person likes to aru majutsu no index.. everyone's opinions are different, it could be good or bad, who knows.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
And with that story and this avatar, my work here for today is done.

Pardon me, I have to get up in 4 1/2 hours. Nighty night.

360pages

To be fair, your story has been done before by many people. It's really hard to not have similarities unless you really break out of the mold or work within the trope but do it really well.

I guess it could be good if the person likes to aru majutsu no index.. everyone's opinions are different, it could be good or bad, who knows.

Well, it actually wasn't the story that you read Zen...it was the story for Writing month.

360pages

What do you mean by Agency?

Something to drive the plot. Push it forward and make our heroes do something.

Take P4, a killer was running around killing people, so them finding the killer was important. My main plot is described as just kind of there. Just something for the characters to remember that is happening an why they are there.

Zenfalcia

Time for some real gaf that no one will give a damn. I've never kissed a girl, never even asked out/confessed to any girls, and turned down an offer from a kiss from a girl i had a crush on in middle school, due to embarassment.

No kidding, I have to take the Sound Transit into Seattle from Redmond which takes about 30 to 45 minutes or so, and that's more money being put toward bus fare. It's definitely made me have to plan out the time I spend there so not a single credit feels wasted.

Anyway, I need to go to bed now before this RealGAF vortex completely consumes me. Later.

Well, what else can you do? Buy a car or something to drive there? Or move closer?

Sure, night.

Yeah, no. I have way too much respect for those guys to post something I wrote there. I mean some of those guys legit got published. I would look like a real asshole if I posted my lame ass stories there. I at least want to make sure I have perfect grammar before I even think about putting something there.

Just say, you are just starting and would love to have pointers. It's just asking some fairly professional opinions. It's the same as asking a professor or teacher who specializes in a topic for help instead of asking some random student who kinda knows the topic.

Time for some real gaf that no one will give a damn. I've never kissed a girl, never even asked out/confessed to any girls, and turned down an offer from a kiss from a girl i had a crush on in middle school, due to embarassment.

Well, what else can you do? Buy a car or something to drive there? Or move closer?

Sure, night.

Just say, you are just starting and would love to have pointers. It's just asking some fairly professional opinions. It's the same as asking a professor or teacher who specializes in a topic for help instead of asking some random student who kinda knows the topic.
Nah I care. Embarrassment is just something you gotta get over and realize that if you fuck up..then you fucked up and that it isn't that big of a deal. You'll get a kiss soon enough dude. Don't lose your way <3

360pages

Sure, night.

Legit, I wanted to ask a girl out from my collage, it was the end of the semester so I have to hope I run into her this go around, but I slyly mentioned that I was single and she said she was single as well.

Of course, I just need to talk to he a few more times and I might ask her out. Or I'll get too scared and tap out.

Zenfalcia

Well, it actually wasn't the story that you read Zen...it was the story for Writing month.

Oh, i know. But from what i gathered from the comparison and you talking about it in the past OT, it's a group of friends with super powers and an "agency" is related somehow either by serving as the antagonist or the organization the friends work for. Stuff happens and the agency is the cause or sends out the friends to deal with it. Is that somewhat close to the story?

360pages

Oh, i know. But from what i gathered from the comparison and you talking about it in the past OT, it's a group of friends with super powers and an "agency" is related somehow either by serving as the antagonist or the organization the friends work for. Stuff happens and the agency is the cause or sends out the friends to deal with it. Is that somewhat close to the story?

Well, the story is actually about a half-demon guy meeting with a demon chick and trying to stop a vampire from murdering people in town. You'd think that would have some drive to it, but it's mostly just the two going out at night trying to catch the killer/ Find clues where a few fights take place here or there.

Top Bottom