• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I'll admit, the thought of watching a new Dragon Ball series is tempting.

But then I remind myself that anything following the Frieza saga is irrelevant to me (barring a few moments).

Anung

Un Rama
Best Friends Play Bloodborne (Part 22)
Website
Youtube

Awwww yis! Just walked through my front door to this waiting for me. Perfect.

The guys Podcast game has been so strong lately. Great discussions and loads of laughs. I was grinning and laughing like an idiot when I was on the flight back from Norway. Must have looked crazy.

Man Woolie should play a real dungeon crawler like SMT1 and Strange Journey.
/s

He really shouldn't dismiss other dungeon crawlers because he doesn't like Persona Q. Hopefully he would play others on the future.

Skrams

Outdated to the Gaffer, but relevant to the people who listen to the podcast.

They're not a news agency. They can't be updating live.

I've yet to listen to the discussion, but not sure how relevant it is when they did a 180 turn on it already. I can only imagine a person listening to them discussing it, getting mad, talking to some other guy about it, and then the other guy tells him they already rolled back on it. Then the guy feels like an idiot for being mad over a thing already over.

Of course I'm going to love listening to this conversation with the same tone of listening to them talking up Kojima in the ZoE video, but that's kind of it for me.

I also wonder if the news was out while they were recording. They've done it in the past where they've looked at GAF on their phones while recording. I wouldn't be opposed if they got in the habit of checking it during the news segment in the background just so they don't accidentally miss an important thing that happens. If the podcast is already recorded and a thing comes out 45 minutes later then yeah, just put it on next weeks agenda.

I believe the valve thing came out kinda late, and it's always been my impression that they do these podcasts sometime in the early afternoon.

It came out at like 7 PM EST I think. Pat remarked last podcast that he walked in the door with an energy drink at 6 PM or something. It seems like it's a toss up for when they record. I always figured 2-9 PM EST were the estimated hours usually.

I am a bit amused that when Valve rolls back a poor decision, using language that very strongly implies they plan to do the same thing again in the future, even discussing the fact that they did it was futile.

Meanwhile, when Microsoft discusses making a poor decision and has to roll it back before they even get around to doing it, the fact they considered it is cause for continued grief basically forever.

Honestly, their podcast conversation is still very relevant. The Valve mess still did considerable damage to the Skyrim modding community and the reputations of the companies and even many modders involved, and may have changed the way people look at modding in general to some degree. That's even ignoring the fact that Valve probably intends to attempt something very similar again with a different game, so the conversation may soon be directly applicable again.

Ploribus

Banned
Oh, small reminder for people who enjoyed VGCW, the mid season starts in like....17 minutes

Have TBFP ever brought this up a lot? The original thread like 2 or 3 years ago was the whole initial reason I kept visiting GAF... I stopped watching it a long time ago, are there any current good arcs?
I stopped watching for a few months and then came back and I was soooo lost so I dropped it

Have TBFP ever brought this up a lot? The original thread like 2 or 3 years ago was the whole initial reason I kept visiting GAF... I stopped watching it a long time ago, are there any current good arcs?
I stopped watching for a few months and then came back and I was soooo lost so I dropped it
Zubaz was on, semi-recently, so it came up a good amount, and they talked about meeting some dudes who run it.

320swyu40407.gif

Subbed.

Skrams

Why is this a single frame at 34 seconds.

Edit- Oh God, there's more. Why bob?

I am a bit amused that when Valve rolls back a poor decision, using language that very strongly implies they plan to do the same thing again in the future, even discussing the fact that they did it was futile.

Meanwhile, when Microsoft discusses making a poor decision and has to roll it back before they even get around to doing it, the fact they considered it is cause for continued grief basically forever.

Honestly, their podcast conversation is still very relevant. The Valve mess still did considerable damage to the Skyrim modding community and the reputations of the companies and even many modders involved, and may have changed the way people look at modding in general to some degree. That's even ignoring the fact that Valve probably intends to attempt something very similar again with a different game, so the conversation may soon be directly applicable again.

I don't think paying for Skyrim mods on Steam is at all on the same level of the infrastructure of a console. I see your point though and it's swayed me. If it damaged the ecosystem already in place then that's fucked. If they try to roll it out again and it's not in perfect condition forever then that's still fucked. I'll have to listen to the discussion to see if any other points are brought up that change how I view this problem. I'm also close to zero percent effected by the paying of mods so maybe that's why I barely care.

Ploribus

Banned
I've been waiting for someone to do something with that Sonic Berserk bit for a long, long time. Sonic's struggle is nothing but divine.

When does anybody even say that line in Berserk? They reference that line all the time but I don't remember it.
Is it during the Eclipse or later in the manga stuff?

Ugh, I know this is super unrelated to everything, but watching Woolie sit back and spam missiles in the Melee Fisticuffs is the exact reason why I call her Spamus.

Laputa_94

When does anybody even say that line in Berserk? They reference that line all the time but I don't remember it.
Is it during the Eclipse or later in the manga stuff?
I'm pretty sure
Slan says it during the eclipse. I don't know if its in both the anime or manga.

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 22- For being a game tester and all his bullshit about exterior collisions you'd think Woolie would have a better sense of direction. Him accidentally wanting to go backwards and having to rely on the moon was the weirdest. I can only imagine this is because he isn't playing so it's harder to absorb.

I also half agree with them being unable to go on to a new souls game without regain. Half because now I want the mobility of being naked forever. Regain I can take or leave. Just give me the mobility.

Also axe guy running up the hill was weird and them not noticing him running away was weirder.

And thank you redditman KevWasHere.

Nordicus

I've yet to listen to the discussion, but not sure how relevant it is when they did a 180 turn on it already. I can only imagine a person listening to them discussing it, getting mad, talking to some other guy about it, and then the other guy tells him they already rolled back on it. Then the guy feels like an idiot for being mad over a thing already over.
Imperfected explains pretty well how it's still relevant.

It was absolutely idiotic to go for Bethesda games first, old game or not. These mods aren't just a list of cosmetic stuff, these mods aren't complete separate game modes that could potentially be sold as stand-alone, these mods are content of different sizes, script extenders, engine tweaks and system overhauls and additions that are piled on top of each other by the dozen.

Valve is all "we wanted allow modders to work full-time, we were inspired by games X and Y becoming stand-alone products", but it doesn't apply to Skyrim! Bethesda games are far too easily modded!

You could maybe, I dunno, have Firaxis and 2K negotiate with the Long War mod maker for XCOM and have them develop a new and improved monetized version?

Liam is best Rabu Raibu.
Riamu

AggroWill

Neo Member
I see the MK gif has already been done here, but I just put my own in the Reddit, so here are alternates. And one I really hope will catch on, but was not my idea.

Hqn2r52.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom