• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy42

I mean transparency isn't a bad thing. Everyone knows what being sponsored by something means. Every commercial on tv is basically the station shilling to the people who pay them

Skrams

Listened to the podcast and was enlightened a bit on how much paid mods fucked the ecosystem already sort of set. The fact some mods might just be dead forever now because people are afraid of people stealing their mods or the system going back up soon is a scary thought. For this thing that was alive barely a week it did a lot of damage and was horrible while it lasted. I'm sad that this seems to be just the thing Valve does now. They implement something without thinking it fully through and then maybe fix it later. There's this, the dota 2 shit where you were locked into non traditional game types, and some other TF2 shenanigans over the years. It's just sad to see their personalities become more typical when it comes to this kind of business. I'm glad the guys echoed my thoughts I already had where they should of just collaborated with certain people like they already did with TF2/DOTA 2 or should of made a good tip jar system. They wanted to implement this shit so modders could start doing this for a living, but I just don't see it as a real possibility except for the cream of the crop which seems like it would be veryveryvery few. I'm still not sure if the overall thing is super relevant now because there's still some bullshit, but also it seems like it's just teetering on the edge of coming back or not. It's a really wait and see approach to see if Valve can actually somehow undo their mistakes on fucking over the modding community.

Also I totally get where Matt's coming from with movies/shows versus games. I've constantly done the look over at PS4 that I could turn on in a second and be playing a game except ehhh, time. Handhelds make getting over that hump a lot easier, but I still get it. I could be playing Type 0 that I bought day one, but instead I keep doing the safe thing by just browsing gaf or watching shows since it requires less commitment. I even guffawed at them bringing up backloggery since I got into that a little while back and then immediately dropped it because there's just too much. I'm going to die before I finish all of the dumb games I have sitting on my shelf or digital shelf.

Bloodborne Part 23- Not surprising they died to that boss when they accidentally got corner trapped or stunned 3 times. Cool that Pat noticed the eye shit, but I have no idea if he's right about the boss stealing eyeballs as some weird lore thing. I just assumed the eyeball shit was weird frenzy disease thing.

They also got super hyped over that hunter battle which is what I was hoping for. Dodging through the bullets and learning how to get a handle of the guy's movements is great. Much better fighting him there instead of upstairs in the tight corridor. Also glad they had fun with that ending segment.

Bloodborne Part 24- Didn't know about Eileen standing there. I still was able to finish her story still though. Also the mystery of Gasquack is finally solved.

They also figured out handkerchief door too. Too bad Pat got the insight thing spoiled for himself outside of the LP. I would of loved to see that reaction in this.

I wonder how Woolie telling the lying guy about the clinic as his final decision will go. He goes to opposite place I've heard, so I'm surprised Woolie just happened to select clinic last since he was trying out all the options. Also holy shit at that baby dialogue. I never talked to her when it was night time or I don't remember her dialogue. She give birth to a shit tier elder god thing like Arianna?

I enjoy Pat being the voice of direction because hearing the gears turning in Woolie's head outloud of needing to go back because of another path while I say "No," outloud and then Pat echoing my "No." There's also a bucketload of passive aggressiveness entwined with that and "Did you forget how to play?" It's delicious. Glad that Woolie is handling it calmly and just patting the Pat on the head while he carries on.

Plague is also a poop because even besides that shortcut they found there's been hidden items behind shit before. Does he honestly expect me to not roll into every barrel or book I see?

Revelaitons Part 21- That good ending was hype and I guess I'll be buying the disc release now to actually support Capcpoms good efforts. Also cool that they're doing the extra episodes.

RainSD

Neo Member
I enjoy Pat being the voice of direction because hearing the gears turning in Woolie's head outloud of needing to go back because of another path while I say "No," outloud and then Pat echoing my "No." There's also a bucketload of passive aggressiveness entwined with that and "Did you forget how to play?" It's delicious. Glad that Woolie is handling it calmly and just patting the Pat on the head while he carries on.

Pat is echoing the voice of thousands when he corrects Woolie on where to go.

Listened to the podcast and was enlightened a bit on how much paid mods fucked the ecosystem already sort of set. The fact some mods might just be dead forever now because people are afraid of people stealing their mods or the system going back up soon is a scary thought.

I actually didn't realize how interconnected the mod structure of Skyrim is, and how damaging this could be.

Cool that Pat noticed the eye shit, but I have no idea if he's right about the boss stealing eyeballs as some weird lore thing. I just assumed the eyeball shit was weird frenzy disease thing.

It is a lore thing. Eyes are a massive part of the lore, they're blatantly all over the place now.

Skrams

everyone who said theyd never find the
forest
has to eat crow tomorrow
I don't know who ever said that. They would of had to find it eventually since it's required to, you know, beat the game.
I actually didn't realize how interconnected the mod structure of Skyrim is, and how damaging this could be.

It is a lore thing. Eyes are a massive part of the lore, they're blatantly all over the place now.
Yeah, I didn't especially know about mods needing other mods to work. A mod having to rely off another crucial mod made by another person makes the broken system even more broken. No matter who gets the money for a mods sale, it's always going to feel like it's going to the wrong person.

I also get that it's a lore thing obviously. I just don't know if his guess about the boss stealing eyeballs is right. I can see how he easily came to that conclusion, but I just assumed she was covered with them like how other enemies get covered in them later on which I assumed tied into the weird frenzy disease shit somehow.
My GTO talk with him was fun.

Yeah, Pat can be a blast at times. I remember that one time he told me to fucking shut up and then that other time he made that joke about my mom as if she was a whore. Good times.
Those things happened, but I put them out of context on purpose. I'm not actually saying Pat's a poop or anything guys.

everyone who said theyd never find the
forest
has to eat crow tomorrow

I mean, you can't not find the forest, they would have had to just look it up if they couldn't find it themselves. They nearly ran out of all optional content to do before finding it.

More surprising that Woolie somehow managed to avoid aggroing
Eileen
. I think they might have changed her in that regard in the patches, because it looked like he caught her a good four or five times on his backswing.

More surprising that Woolie somehow managed to avoid aggroing
Eileen
. I think they might have changed her in that regard in the patches, because it looked like he caught her a good four or five times on his backswing.
This is the first-first patch, but I dunno.

I will *love* to see how everyone reacts to how long the LP is gonna go before 1.03 hits. People gonna be like "dayum they recorded the whole game".

I'm wondering if the Zaibatsu would do a quick look of Chroma Squad now that it's finally released. While there wasn't much in the way of saying it exists, Woolie seems like he wanted to shill for it more.

joe2187

Banned
You guys remember the turkish mayor that they discussed on the podcast who got shit for building a giant Zaku robot statue in his city?

yeah he took it down....

and replaced it with a T-rex

_82676585_dino.png

You guys remember the turkish mayor that they discussed on the podcast who got shit for building a giant Zaku robot statue in his city?

yeah he took it down....

and replaced it with a T-rex

_82676585_dino.png
You know what...I'm okay with this. I'm sure it's pissing off a lot of the same people, but it's clear he's just doing what he likes and gives no fucks.

VariantX

I'll be honest, MKX ending is super hype.
Evil Raiden was right the Elder Gods suck shit!

They really do, the second that Shao Khan started pulling his shenanigans in MK9 they should have came down and turned his asshole inside out. Then basically everyone, excluding Kung Lao, would still be alive and not be zombie jerk versions of themselves.

FireCloud

Stumbled upon Woolie in a YouTube video he did on his trip to Japan. Was in a GAF thread talking about gross foods and the topic of Natto came up. His video was given as an example of just how nasty Natto is. Anyway, I ended up watching all of those videos. Quite entertaining.

That led me to trying to figure out who this Woolie character is. In his Japan videos, he seemed quite into the fighting game scene so I figured he'd be active in gaming circles. That led me to Super Best Friends....wow. I didn't know of them before.

I've been playing Bloodborne myself and watching Woolie and Pat's let's play of it. It is such a great game but watching them play it and listening to them go at it in regards to how to proceed has made me appreciate it all the more.

Anyway, that's all I had to say...just that I'm pleased to have happened upon them.

Stumbled upon Woolie in a YouTube video he did on his trip to Japan. Was in a GAF thread talking about gross foods and the topic of Natto came up. His video was given as an example of just how nasty Natto is. Anyway, I ended up watching all of those videos. Quite entertaining.

That led me to trying to figure out who this Woolie character is. In his Japan videos, he seemed quite into the fighting game scene so I figured he'd be active in gaming circles. That led me to Super Best Friends....wow. I didn't know of them before.

I've been playing Bloodborne myself and watching Woolie and Pat's let's play of it. It is such a great game but watching them play it and listening to them go at it in regards to how to proceed has made me appreciate it all the more.

Anyway, that's all I had to say...just that I'm pleased to have happened upon them.

A perfect example of GAF > Internet > GAF. Welcome.

You have a lot of content to browse through. Enjoy it.

I'd start with the Machinima stuff and familiarize yourself with Matt and Pat. They began this crazy thing.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Welcome new friender.

FireCloud

You got plenty of rad content to work back through if you ever have time to kill. Lots of the LPs are fantastic enough that I go back to them.

A perfect example of GAF > Internet > GAF. Welcome.

You have a lot of content to browse through. Enjoy it.

I'd start with the Machinima stuff and familiarize yourself with Matt and Pat. They began this crazy thing.

Welcome new friender.

Thanks guys. I will definitely check out their archives.

Do you know if they are active on GAF? Just wondered if I may have interacted with them in the past without knowing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom