• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a fucked up way of spelling garnet man

Garnet is cheating because
because of the whole fusion thing. you should pick one gem.

But trying to get this back on topic. Considering how the other members have reacted to other cartoons, who else do you think will start watching Steven Universe.

Just finished listening to the podcast, I think I laughed harder then I should have at the whole cookie discussion.

Youtube sucks when it comes to playing videos in succession. I'm moving along nicely and suddenly I get to #6 of Sonic Adventure and I hadn't even started #1. Skipped a bunch of Mystery Box's so I had to go back more and find them.

Also, this happened...

Skrams

Really enjoyed this podcast a lot more than usual. They had some great stuff to talk about with all the con stuff and takahata had some great shit to talk about with the Attack on Titan bit and other voice acting shenanigans. Wish he was in the character action and Persona hole so he could be fully integrated, but eh, it's fine.

I think I've now been listening to the podcast for a full year, wow

A whole year and they still haven't fixed the player on the website
It's been almost 2 years for a few of us. It's still kind of nuts to me that it's already been almost 2 years since this shitshow kicked off.

Also the podcast or video player? Podcast player is weird in that you drag the tab away and it fixes itself. Video player remains to be fucked for most people though.
"back in my day the podcast was only an hour long and they talked about the W101 demo"
That lasted all of no time since we hit 2 hours by episode 5.
One of my friends made that, and he was rather surprised to find that it was used here when people started commenting on the YouTube vid.

he doesn't mind, tho

Tell your friend he's a cool guy.

Garnet is cheating because
because of the whole fusion thing. you should pick one gem.

I'd argue that she is one gem. Garnet repeatedly emphasizes that she's really not Ruby or Sapphire, but both at the same time. Their "conversation" as she says in the song. Plus you sort of get that perspective with Stevonni, who at first acts as though he/she is two different people, but starts to come around to being their own individual rather than being Steven and Connie separately after talking to Garnet.

Skrams

I hope the joke was clear there

I went back and listened to the first podcasts though, they're awkward in an endearing way. Around 6 or 7 it gets into the rhythm.

As if the quotes weren't a hint enough. I just went back to check since I could of sworn the hour long stuff could of only been the first few episodes.

I assume Woolie or someone eventually realized they're just going to become a bombcast that goes on forever with tangents. I should probably relisten to those early podcasts to remember if they tried to be concise or not. It was probably just shorter due to their squeamishness.

There is an unusual amount of editing in this...could they actually be putting work into these?
kidding

Also my family has had a beaver problem on our property before, I'm glad they're dead. They suck

Didja blow 'em up wit that there Dynamite?

duck-dynasty-phil-burning-down-beaver-dam.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Terminator week has so much potential. I hope they do Robocop v. TERMINATOR for the Genesis. I loved that game as a kid.

CBABBABBCBBCCBBCBCACCAAABBBACA.

I actually remember that cheat code to unlock the blood and babes. It's ingrained in my muscle memory.

Order of the Storm Feelers, on Ultros I think. They might be full by now.

If I try to join, I'll be preemptively kicked.

I wonder how many people still want Ultimax for FNF in the SBF fanbase? I expect the Persona fan base crossover is pretty salt at that Driving all afternoon video.

Super Best Friends Play Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Part Final)
Youtube

Website

I wonder how many people still want Ultimax for FNF in the SBF fanbase? I expect the Persona fan base crossover is pretty salt at that Driving all afternoon video.

Super Best Friends Play Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Part Final)
Youtube

Considering Matt and Liam would be there, it definitely wouldn't degrade to waifu talk. Besides, there's much more to ultimax in content and mechanics compared to a fan made kart racer.

I wondering if anyone besides myself sees the similarities between Steven Universe and the Gem Story line from Legend of Mana.

You are not. They even have the whole healing tears thing going on. I would not be surprised if Sugar(or Lord Sucrose as my friend likes to call her) played it at some point, especially after hearing storys of her writhing Invader Zim fanfics and Ed, Edd and Eddy... 'fan art'.

SU is stuffed to the brim with references, it's even been sorta shown that there are designs for characters based on Utena.

wait woolie actually did the hipster "glasses rims only" thing?

Man, that Shattered Memories finale...so impressive. I feel like I need to get the game now and try playing it myself, especially with all the different endings and approaches.

Also, I fucking hope the psychiatrist's VA got an award or something, because fuck his performance was excellent all throughout.

Great LP, though. Was surprised by how short it was, but Matt and Pat's analysis/banter with Liam on controls was a good combo.

RainSD

Neo Member
I'm considering going back and watching some of their older playthrough. I've only seen up to where Nuzlocke started and everything so fourth. Any top LPs before that time that should be prioritized?

I'm considering going back and watching some of their older playthrough. I've only seen up to where Nuzlocke started and everything so fourth. Any top LPs before that time that should be prioritized?

Yakuza, Sadness trilogy, Metroid Fusion to see the introduction of senpai, Super Best Friends Brawl.

Anung

Un Rama

Resident Evil 2 is GOAT.

I didn't realise Shattered Memories was so short D:

Archgan

Downpour, Man vs. Wild, and Chrono Trigger if you're okay with a long series.

Wow what a great LP SM was! I really didn't see the connection to
SH1's bad ending
when Pat pointed it out. The
"I love my daddy"
at the end was a perfect.

RainSD

Neo Member
Thanks for all the recommendations, I'll start with Chrono Trigger since I've never played it nor see what's so great about it like everyone goes out to say it is.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thanks for all the recommendations, I'll start with Chrono Trigger since I've never played it nor see what's so great about it like everyone goes out to say it is.

In addition to those mentioned, I'd highly recommend Metal Gear Rising and Walking Dead Season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom