• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering going back and watching some of their older playthrough. I've only seen up to where Nuzlocke started and everything so fourth. Any top LPs before that time that should be prioritized?

Downcoming (Downpour and Homecoming) just to see how bad Silent Hill can get.

Also, Downpour is SUPER early Matt and Pat so its cool to see how far they've come since then.

convo

Resident Evil 2 is GOAT.

I didn't realise Shattered Memories was so short D:

Going for the replay value is not a thing they can do now. I am fine with moving on.
Also i am half-way through the Beyond 2 souls play through and i don't know when the shit they talk about is going to happen.

convo

The game is short for one playthrough maybe but it has enough variety in the variables you give it to make playing through it more than once desirable. It's my defense for the games' length. Are people irritated that this playthrough was short? That's the impression i'm getting here.

The game is short for one playthrough maybe but it has enough variety in the variables you give it to make playing through it more than once desirable. It's my defense for the games' length. Are people irritated that this playthrough was short? That's the impression i'm getting here.

No... No one is saying that.

Well I guess Dok was. But that's not the thread.

The game's short, but considering the mechanics, any longer and it'd definitely start to drag. Its a nice package, and like other SH games, there's motivation for more than one playthrough, if only for the unique endings.

Woolie kinda pushed it on the podcast, Her Story is made by the same guy who wrote Shattered Memories. So maybe it is worth checking out if you've got the spare $5.

Skrams

Terminator Week Part #3 - Robocop vs Terminator

Site Link

Youtube Link

I'm currently playing through Silent Hill 1 and yeah, this remake was embarrassingly short.

Liam played the game pretty well and there just isn't much combat or puzzles going on to pad the game like the others. For a normal playthrough it's shorter than the others, but it's pretty on par if you know what you're doing in the other games. A speedrun of any of the others is shorter than SM even.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Site Link

Youtube Link

Hey, I totally called it!

Terminator week has so much potential. I hope they do Robocop v. TERMINATOR for the Genesis. I loved that game as a kid.

CBABBABBCBBCCBBCBCACCAAABBBACA.

I actually remember that cheat code to unlock the blood and babes. It's ingrained in my muscle memory.

Awesome!

EDIT: Aw, they didn't use the cheat code.

I've always been interested in The Room, personally, mainly because I always hear about SH1-3 so much.
I kinda want to see it as well, especially since I get the impression whenever The Room is brought up it's usually in comparison to the first three games and how it's not as good as those. Would probably lead to some interesting analytical discussion from Matt and Pat.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Site Link

Youtube Link

Liam played the game pretty well and there just isn't much combat or puzzles going on to pad the game like the others. For a normal playthrough it's shorter than the others, but it's pretty on par if you know what you're doing in the other games. A speedrun of any of the others is shorter than SM even.
Honestly, what is gaming in the Clinton era?

Agent York

Neo Member
Fun Fact, the UFO ending art for Shattered Memories is drawn by Mariel Cartwright (aka Kinuko), one of the lead animators for Skullgirls.

Fun Fact, the UFO ending art for Shattered Memories is drawn by Mariel Cartwright (aka Kinuko), one of the lead animators for Skullgirls.

I knew I had seen
cheryl's eyes
somewhere. Also, compared to Liam's ending
can cheryl have a different hair colour? Seeing as it's black in the joke ending

Skrams

Another fun fact, Tom Hulett voices
James
in that ending. Tom Hulett also known as a factor in helping kill Silent Hill to most people.

I've heard a lot of comments of Shattered Memories over the years, now personally after this playthrough, I think it's one of the best version of a Silent Hill STORY I've experienced, I put it with the original 4. I think it nails the setting, atmosphere, symbolism and story almost perfectly.

And I love these kinds of plot twist far better than the SH2 kind of plot twist.

Whatever Silent Hill game they choose next, it's all uphill from here XD

(Please be SH4)

Honestly, what is gaming in the Clinton era?

picture-3.png

Navigatr, hosted by George Wood

I LOVE the RPs on these videos.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, what's up with the site. First Part 7 and 8 of Silent Hill are the same video (both are Part 7) and now Terminator Week Part 3 still isn't on the site. Geez.

Skrams

Man, Pat's salt is really shining in Ride to Hell constantly. Ragging on Woolie and Liam for disagreeing with him on the podcast about Superman and MMOs. He loves to carry that baggage around.

Man, what's up with the site. First Part 7 and 8 of Silent Hill are the same video (both are Part 7) and now Terminator Week Part 3 still isn't on the site. Geez.

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/terminator-week-part-3-robocop-vs-terminator/

It doesn't show in the All Videos tab, but it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom