• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

Alright, so this may be completely off topic, but a while back I noticed some of you guys talking about some kind of cataclysmic event that took place in this thread where the mods did something to make some serious changes. I'm super curious since I quit this OT at around OT2 or OT3 and only somewhat recently came back, so can someone explain what happened?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So i decided to watch some super best friends today, see that they're playing a game called "Her Story", after watching the first part, im really intrigued and liking it so far, so i read the comments........................what is going on? What happened to the fanbase?
After reading a few more comments, apparently this is one of those games that has a unique idea based on a very simple(and also unique) structure that people instantly hate because its popular. And people are saying they're bored which is fine I guess but fuck, they say it in a way that makes me hate them!

Archgan

Alright, so this may be completely off topic, but a while back I noticed some of you guys talking about some kind of cataclysmic event that took place in this thread where the mods did something to make some serious changes. I'm super curious since I quit this OT at around OT2 or OT3 and only somewhat recently came back, so can someone explain what happened?
People got out of hand with the stuff they were posting. It was completely off-topic to the point of being more like a chat room than a thread. It was also moving incredibly fast where there was 3 or 4 posts a minute every minute for most of the day even though there were about the sane number of active posters as there are now. There was also a problem with lewd things being posted. If you want an idea of what was being posted, you can look through any of the threads from 4 to about 3/4 of the way into this one. Eventually, somewhere between pages 160-175 (100 ppp), the mods (rightfully) stepped in and basically said to knock all that shit off or everyone was going to get banned.

cavefishes

Neo Member
So i decided to watch some super best friends today, see that they're playing a game called "Her Story", after watching the first part, im really intrigued and liking it so far, so i read the comments........................what is going on? What happened to the fanbase?
After reading a few more comments, apparently this is one of those games that has a unique idea based on a very simple(and also unique) structure that people instantly hate because its popular. And people are saying they're bored which is fine I guess but fuck, they say it in a way that makes me hate them!

Pro tip: never read YouTube comments. It's almost universally a waste of time.

Most of the non-shitty part of the fanbase has moved on to the website, so the youtube comments are even more toxic than they were before.

joe2187

Banned

1) it's youtube.

2) It's called HER story. So it automatically sets off a flag with those type of assholes

Zenfalcia

Welcome back to the Best Gaf 14, please ignore the previous iteration Best Gaf 11
and my bad "jokes".
You don't remember the DS2/BB youtube comments? I do. However this is different. I think people just don't like the game, or the fact that the best friends are playing it? Who knows,

Anyone got any good recommendations for movies in the vein of Payback and John Wick? I'm in the mood to watch an action movie revenge epic and I've seen the core episodes of Cowboy Bebop too recently to rewatch them.

Anyone got any good recommendations for movies in the vein of Payback and John Wick? I'm in the mood to watch an action movie revenge epic and I've seen the core episodes of Cowboy Bebop too recently to rewatch them.

A Bittersweet Life, and I Saw the Devil are amazing, if you don't mind Korean films.

In that case I want to say, you are in for a nice ride. For my money, I think Korean cinema has firmly stomped hollywood when it comes to revenge flicks.

I'm kind of surprised I missed them, because I did really love Old Boy, but I guess a lot of the media in Korea was above my level linguistically, so I didn't really "get" a lot of the movie advertising.

I'm pretty much sold in the Godzilla game now. But how inferior is the PS3 version? I may just wait until I get a PS4 further down the line.

Edzi

People got out of hand with the stuff they were posting. It was completely off-topic to the point of being more like a chat room than a thread. It was also moving incredibly fast where there was 3 or 4 posts a minute every minute for most of the day even though there were about the sane number of active posters as there are now. There was also a problem with lewd things being posted. If you want an idea of what was being posted, you can look through any of the threads from 4 to about 3/4 of the way into this one. Eventually, somewhere between pages 160-175 (100 ppp), the mods (rightfully) stepped in and basically said to knock all that shit off or everyone was going to get banned.

Ha, that was actually the reason I stopped coming to the OT to begin with so it's good to know it was officially addressed.

HAVIK136

Neo Member
Basically just framerate/resolution (aka the stuff you'd expect) and the lack of multiplayer. It's not a bad version.
Is it also true that Godzilla is the only playable character? That's what I was told and I don't own a PS4 yet. I really want to buy this game but I don't want to if I can only play as Godzooky and no one else.

Skrams

Surprised the Godzilla framerate still seems to be kind of poor on PS4. It seems better than PS3 at least. Also hella hitstop on every fucking thing you did.

Seems to just be another game that doesn't seem much like a video game to most people. It's also centered around a woman, so that take that for what you will. I don't pay much attention to youtube comments, but I kind of doubt the fanbase has changed as a whole. I'd like to imagine it's just people being loud about their opinions. It's been the same old same old on here or the reddit as far as I've seen. Although I haven't looked at the Her Story reddit posts so those might be kind of shitty too. Not entirely sure.
I don't know if that means guns are required, but I'll recommend Oldboy anyway. Regular-ass Oldboy and not newer Oldboy.

Oops. Didn't notice you already saw Oldboy.

I liked the little twist in the second episode...

It's a mechanically lame videogames, but I like its method of storytelling. Apparently the fanbases only want them to play shit like Ride to Hell or Metal Gear Rising.

God forbid they actually play and interest people in non-traditional video games. I honestly wouldn't have touched a game like Life Is Strange until Matt and Liam decided to LP it or touched Deadly Premonition until their LP.

Is it also true that Godzilla is the only playable character? That's what I was told and I don't own a PS4 yet. I really want to buy this game but I don't want to if I can only play as Godzooky and no one else.

I just looked it up and that is apparently the case? I'm unsure because my google searching skills aren't great when it comes to niche kaiju related games.

If so then I'm definitely waiting until I get a PS4.

HAVIK136

Neo Member
I just looked it up and that is apparently the case? I'm unsure because my google searching skills aren't great when it comes to niche kaiju related games.

If so then I'm definitely waiting until I get a PS4.
Same here it seems, the wait's really going to suck because I really want this damn game!

hughesta

Banned
Alright guys I'm about to start P3FES. Best Friends got me hooked and I loved P4 so so much. Anything I should know about P3FES before I start?

Also yeah, guess I have to go see Ant Man now.

Edzi

oh man Woolies hyping up Antman super hard
going to go see it this Friday

Yeah, I'm considering going too based on their reactions. Then again, they got really hyped up for Guardians of the Galaxy, and I thought that movie was just okay. I've gotten pretty tired of the stale same-y marvel formula, but it'll probably still be worth watching.

Alright guys I'm about to start P3FES. Best Friends got me hooked and I loved P4 so so much. Anything I should know about P3FES before I start?

Also yeah, guess I have to go see Ant Man now.

Might be tough going back to the old gameplay (you can only control the MC) after P4, but it's not too bad once you get used to managing the (sometimes infuriating) AI. Just make sure your MC can heal, since relying completely on the AI to take care of you can get you killed sometimes. Also expect a much darker story than P4. I like P3 a lot more than P4 when it comes to the overall atmosphere and story, though P4 has slightly more fleshed out characters and social links.

Oh, don't be afraid to hook up with all the girls, there are no repercussions. Also, make sure you do the Sun social link to completion. Also don't be discouraged when the Tartarus bosses are absolutely wrecking you, since they're supposed to be way harder than the story bosses. Just make sure you do as much of Tartarus as the game allows for each moon cycle, otherwise you'll have to do a lot of grinding at the end of the game. Oh, and once you beat the game, I recommend you just skip The Answer and watch a story recap on youtube instead. It's really grindy and difficult, and just not very fun.

so future Devils Third LP for the channel is all but confirmed
we have found a game worse than Ride to Hell
look at this shit
w81CsBh.png
LOOK AT IT
it looks like its made of legos
no wait that would be an insult to legos

Squishy3

Yeah, I'm considering going too based on their reactions. Then again, they got really hyped up for Guardians of the Galaxy, and I thought that movie was just okay. I've gotten pretty tired of the stale same-y marvel formula, but it'll probably still be worth watching.
Well, Woolie was easily the most pessimistic going in because he wanted the Edgar Wright Ant-Man, so if he thinks it's really good I'm probably going to go. I have no reason to never go to movies not on $5 day because it's literally $5 for every movie, regardless of what screen it's showing on. So I'll be seeing it on the Ultrascreen.

In P3P she's a beast and has devastating magic. Just one of the many reasons I always push P3P over FES.

She's still a beast in P3FES, you just need to figure out how to get the max out of her(and your other teammates). Ideally you can get her to do 9/10 turns the way you want her to do them, especially in boss fights it's fine.

The most annoying thing is that if all enemies are weak to one element, teammates will use a single target spell*5 instead of using a "ma" spell once, depleting their entire mana pool and wasting your time, there was no way around that.

That Her Story ending was pretty neat. Weird that the video didn't say part final though, was almost expecting an extra video (maybe they will, given they mention the end game bonus stuff and want to show it).

So that's two LPs done with a third one part away. The month is still halfway from being done, so I'm curious what they've got line up next before Rustlemania II starts.

Jeez I'm really conflicted about Her Story. I want to wait until I can be bothered to play it but I could just watch the LP...

I presume tonight will be another Ride to Hell. There's the mystery box coming up soon with totally-not-Cranky. Either we're gonna get a ton of Mystery Box (which is cool anyway) or another small LP before Rustlemania. And probably another longer LP which will run along side Rustlemania
pls nier

So, I tried Woolie's anime list. I find I mostly mirror his opinions.
Gangsta is fantastic
Garo is decent
Gate is super interesting, but is probably going to become crap once it gets around to giving the mc his harem.
Anyone remember or seen the anime from the Trigun creator he mentioned last week?

Excellent movies. Bittersweet Life is definitely in my top 10 films of all time.

It's really good, I should watch it again, honestly.

Skrams

Anyone remember or seen the anime from the Trigun creator he mentioned last week?

Yeah, Kekkai Sensen aka Blood Blockade Battlefront. He described it as a big guys punching shit anime which I found to be a shit description. I recommend it as it's a well animated, fun ride with some rad music. Only problem right now is the last episode has been delayed for a few weeks now since it's going to run over the 30 minute length. No idea when it's supposed to hit.

Yeah, Kekkai Sensen aka Blood Blockade Battlefront. He described it as a big guys punching shit anime which I found to be a shit description. I recommend it as it's a well animated, fun ride with some rad music. Only problem right now is the last episode has been delayed for a few weeks now since it's going to run over the 30 minute length. No idea when it's supposed to hit.
It's based on a manga that Dark Horse apparently has licensed, although they haven't been releasing new volumes lately for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom