• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Strange how that's a Mystery Box game. I always thought the point was to attract viewers to games that knowing the name of would push them away. But I feel
Banjo-Kazooie
is popular enough to bring people in.

I'm fully expecting a Plague Mystery Box now. Just as soon as Plague finishes building that fence.

I mean, it would have to be (something Plague considers to be) an actual good game. If you tried to make Plague play some of this Mystery Box hot garbage he would literally just tell you to fuck off and refuse to participate.

Edit: Though you could probably convince him to just watch and laugh maniacally while Woolie and Pat suffer through some piss-poor game.

Skrams

Starting this with a bang by shitting on
Nuts and Bolts
again. Matt constantly exuding salt always. Hopefully this doesn't keep up for 45 minutes.

Yes it's
Cranky and Banjo
!!
Uh, thanks for that.
Strange how that's a Mystery Box game. I always thought the point was to attract viewers to games that knowing the name of would push them away. But I feel
Banjo-Kazooie
is popular enough to bring people in.

They said the need to toss in good games every now and again to keep people on their toes. It's the weird thing of mystery box where the view numbers will always be kind of weird. You could say it's throwing money in the toilet, but eh, welcome to the best friends empire.

I really like this Mystery Box.
The joke about Donkey Kong 64 and Cranky's adorable goofy laugh <3

WE NEED TO PUSH CRANKY FOR RUSTLEMANIA.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Well i never played the first game i had tooie. And im referring to the silhouette.
51778.jpg

Ehh, Mario 64 made 3D platforming work after multiple dismal failures from other developers in the field. 90% of Banjo was just copying Mario 64's success. Not particularly impressed, personally.

I mean, most 3D platformers are still being made with a huge amount of inspiration from Mario 64, and it basically spawned an entire decade worth of almost total imitations, of which Banjo just happens to be one of the best-made ones.

There wasn't really much advancement in 3D movement in general until people started playing around with things like extremely advanced IK/contextual motion for "parkour" type movement nearly two generations later, I can't think of many games outside of Street Fighter and Wolfenstein 3D that have a similarly enduring legacy in game design.

Ehh, Mario 64 made 3D platforming work after multiple dismal failures from other developers in the field. 90% of Banjo was just copying Mario 64's success. Not particularly impressed, personally.

I mean, most 3D platformers are still being made with a huge amount of inspiration from Mario 64, and it basically spawned an entire decade worth of almost total imitations, of which Banjo just happens to be one of the best-made ones.

There wasn't really much advancement in 3D movement in general until people started playing around with things like extremely advanced IK/contextual motion for "parkour" type movement nearly two generations later, I can't think of many games outside of Street Fighter and Wolfenstein 3D that have a similarly enduring legacy in game design.

Well sure, Mario 64 is the classic, no question. Just saying, if you ask me, I enjoyed playing Banjo back then more.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just finished the her story lets play, I really liked it, for some reason i havent even knew this game existed until i went to their channel yesterday, ive seen like zero threads on gaf of it altho im sure I'd find one if I searched for it but apparently its getting alot of praise and even winning awards and such

Just finished the her story lets play, I really liked it, for some reason i havent even knew this game existed until i went to their channel yesterday, ive seen like zero threads on gaf of it altho im sure I'd find one if I searched for it but apparently its getting alot of praise and even winning awards and such
There was a spoiler thread on GAF before they mentioned it on the podcast, but yeah its weirdly quiet about it on GAF. Apparently other Youtube people before Matt and Woolie's LP did LPs on it.

Moaradin

With Woolie watching some of the current season anime, how the fuck has he not checked out the best one? Ushio and Tora is 90s as fuck and seems right up their alley.

Moaradin

The trashiest trash.

BTW, just saw the first 2 eps of Blood Blockade Battlefront, and gotta say... I think Woolie undersold the shit out of it. Right now I feel it's the best of his recommends.
Gangsta's OP is untouchable though.

BBB is fantastic. I always appreciate a show that doesn't treat you like a moron and beat you over the head with exposition. Only thing that sucks is that the last episode was delayed to who knows when.

BBB is fantastic. I always appreciate a show that doesn't treat you like a moron and beat you over the head with exposition. Only thing that sucks is that the last episode was delayed to who knows when.

Exposition is the worst, when overused. But mostly the great soundtrack and humor are what's reeling me in. Zapp, is the best.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
With Woolie watching some of the current season anime, how the fuck has he not checked out the best one? Ushio and Tora is 90s as fuck and seems right up their alley.

They dont talk a lot about anime because they feel like it will annoy people (go figure).

Blame this guy:
ea5.png

They dont talk a lot about anime because they feel like it will annoy people (go figure).

Blame this guy:
ea5.png

I think a lot of it has to do with Liam (and to a lesser extent, Pat) having pretty heavily different taste in anime than the rest of them. Like, to some extent it's not even "Liam talking about moe anime will annoy fans", it's "Liam talking about moe anime will annoy Pat, Woolie, and Matt."

I think a lot of it has to do with Liam (and to a lesser extent, Pat) having pretty heavily different taste in anime than the rest of them. Like, to some extent it's not even "Liam talking about moe anime will annoy fans", it's "Liam talking about moe anime will annoy Pat, Woolie, and Matt."

I don't think that's fair. I'm pretty sure on more than one podcast Liam said he stopped because fans were just laying into him left and right, and he didn't want to put up with it anymore. It had nothing to do with the other guys. I mean hell, they let him have his own 'anime review' section in the earlier eps, I feel they were supportive of him in that regard.
That said, trying to review the whole season was probably a bad idea in and of itself. But I miss the guys mentioning what they like, they haven't done it in a looong time previous to this.

Skrams

They didn't seem to watch that much. Just a few bits and pieces. Ushio and Tora has been quiet to the mainstream people like me as far as I've noticed so I'm not surprised Woolie didn't notice it either. There's also only 2 episodes out so eh.

I will give it that it strikes the late 80s/early 90s tone 100%. I felt like I was watching a manga from 20-30 years ago that had a short OVA made in the 90s, but now was finally being remade correctly.

And I was right. I'm also surprised I've never heard Tora and Blanka comparisons ever. Same design going on and lightning out the ass. Apparently this shit is supposed to last 39 episodes according to wikipedia too. I'm unfamiliar with the manga until 2 weeks ago, so I hope it does some crazy shit to last that long.
BTW, just saw the first 2 eps of Blood Blockade Battlefront, and gotta say... I think Woolie undersold the shit out of it. Right now I feel it's the best of his recommends.
Gangsta's OP is untouchable though.
Good man. Shit's pretty good.

It seems more like it was just Liam getting shat on for not watching Ping Pong The Animation or whatever other cool show was on. Also for liking thing or hating thing. I blame 4chan or tumblr or some source of anonymous people on the internet.

I feel for some reason the people who complain about Liam's anime taste are also the people who complain about Her Story and Life is Strange LPs.

Though I'm interested in Gangsta or whatever Woolie is talking out. I saw a couple of volumes in a book store and it's called fucking Gangsta. That's enough to make me interested because whyyyyyy is it called Gangsta.

I found the summary of Ciel nosurge and apparently he's not taking it down.
Take-Down Rescinded
It's the Internet. I forgot how it works, I guess, and realized that for all the complaints, there's been quite a few people that enjoyed this stinky pile of manure despite it's flaws, and wanted to keep it around for others that might feel the same as them.

I think the thing about the Surge Concerto story is that, for the people who truly consume it, it consumes them right back, and seeing as how the mirrors have already started to go up, if I want to have any control over this manure pile and perhaps clean it up, then I should keep this shit with-in arm's reach rather than let it fly off on it's own into the webs.

That and deal with my own personal crap on my own time and not take it out on a bunch of anonymous people on the internet that don't really matter to my daily life one way or the other (a select few excluded).

So yeah. This is the "look at blackraen the clown" moment. I'm a fucking idiot.
I wonder if Liam will address it in the next podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom