• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

Any of you guys gonna buy USF4 on steam during this weekends sale? It's currently free to play through the weekend, and on sale for $10. I caved and bought my third copy of the game so that I could finally play with some PC peeps...

Could you ever beat those button bashing minigames and 100% it?

Of course not because your not Dio.

Mudomudomudomudo!
You get a trailer for Banjo Tooie for 100%-ing the game I believe, and I definitely unlocked that.

Though I'm interested in Gangsta or whatever Woolie is talking out. I saw a couple of volumes in a book store and it's called fucking Gangsta. That's enough to make me interested because whyyyyyy is it called Gangsta.

It's technically about Gangsters, but not really. But it is awesome, in an old school kind of way. Do yourself a favor and look up the OP, it's glorious.

They didn't seem to watch that much. Just a few bits and pieces. Ushio and Tora has been quiet to the mainstream people like me as far as I've noticed so I'm not surprised Woolie didn't notice it either. There's also only 2 episodes out so eh.

I will give it that it strikes the late 80s/early 90s tone 100%. I felt like I was watching a manga from 20-30 years ago that had a short OVA made in the 90s, but now was finally being remade correctly.

And I was right. I'm also surprised I've never heard Tora and Blanka comparisons ever. Same design going on and lightning out the ass. Apparently this shit is supposed to last 39 episodes according to wikipedia too. I'm unfamiliar with the manga until 2 weeks ago, so I hope it does some crazy shit to last that long.

Good man. Shit's pretty good.

I might have to try Ushio to Tora... Whenever I get off the BBB hype train.
That shit is legit good guys. I'm officially pushing it for summer slam. It's reminding me of Hunter x Hunter, in that it's from a brilliant creator, but it's completely different from their old hit, and it's still awesome.

Mudomudomudomudo!

*Muda. Mudo's a different thing. (And you only need to cast it once, silly.)

That shit is legit good guys. I'm officially pushing it for summer slam. It's reminding me of Hunter x Hunter, in that it's from a brilliant creator, but it's completely different from their old hit, and it's still awesome.

C'mon guys, isn't anyone hype for Dragon Ball Super? Goku's gonna fight a scrawny, decrepit-looking cat!

Zenfalcia

I found the summary of Ciel nosurge and apparently he's not taking it down.

I wonder if Liam will address it in the next podcast.
That's good news. Liam probably will, knowing him.
With Woolie watching some of the current season anime, how the fuck has he not checked out the best one? Ushio and Tora is 90s as fuck and seems right up their alley.
My guess is the only reason he watched the ones he brought up was because of people, like mike0dude, recommending it to him/watching it with him. Speaking of which, i want to bet he won't finish Gate due to "waifus" shenanigans, but i hope he proves me wrong and continues to watch it.
C'mon guys, isn't anyone hype for Dragon Ball Super? Goku's gonna fight a scrawny, decrepit-looking cat!
Is it shin big the cat?!?!

Mudomudomudomudo!
You get a trailer for Banjo Tooie for 100%-ing the game I believe, and I definitely unlocked that.

It's technically about Gangsters, but not really. But it is awesome, in an old school kind of way. Do yourself a favor and look up the OP, it's glorious.

I'd say Ushio and Tora is my favorite anime this season hands down. And I agree with BBB (Blood blockade battlefront I presume?) is fricken awesome too!

I was kinda let down by Gangsta the way Woolie spoke about it, it was fine, nothing amazing really. The OP does remind of Psycho Passes second OP.

New guy here, been watching TBF since 2013 so I'll definitely sub to this thread.
Welcome to the thread! What's your...

Favorite LP:
Favorite long running joke:
(Optional) Favorite SBF LP combo:
---
Mines

Favorite LP:A tie between Downcoming and Aria of Sorrow
Favorite long running joke:"Parfekt" when its really not
(Optional) Favorite SBF LP combo:pat and Liam

CKFDGgBUMAA5NF_.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/LordBBH/status/621852003166097408

Oh wow! (Not sure how to embed tweets like the cool guys)

Zenfalcia

I'd say Ushio and Tora is my favorite anime this season hands down. And I agree with BBB (Blood blockade battlefront I presume?) is fricken awesome too!

I was kinda let down by Gangsta the way Woolie spoke about it, it was fine, nothing amazing really. The OP does remind of Psycho Passes second OP.
It'll be a nice change of pace from the "normal" animes that usually air.

The OP was hyped up too much by woolie, it's not as good as he says it is.
New guy here, been watching TBF since 2013 so I'll definitely sub to this thread.
Welcome to the thread. So, how'd you learn of the gaf thread? The podcast? Word of mouth? Reddit?
Believing that he is might make the arc almost tolerable.
Even with that, do you really think it would make it any better?
CKFDGgBUMAA5NF_.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/LordBBH/status/621852003166097408

There's no embeded tweets only a picture of the tweet with a link to it iirc. It's fine, don't worry about it.

Even with that, do you really think it would make it any better?

Big the Cat could reveal his plan to rescue Hitler from Hell/HFIL, and then do the standard "we're not so different, you and I" when Goku turns into the ubermensch. And then get brutally vaporized for my viewing enjoyment.

Froggy could join the Defenders of Earth, having finally been freed from the yoke of his terrible master.

3/10, could watch when I have an empty hour because I forgot Daylight Savings Time or something.

Welcome to the thread! What's your...

Favorite LP:
Favorite long running joke:
(Optional) Favorite SBF LP combo:
---
Mines

Favorite LP:A tie between Downcoming and Aria of Sorrow
Favorite long running joke:"Parfekt" when its really not
(Optional) Favorite SBF LP combo:pat and Liam

Favorite LP: Tie between Yakuza 4 and Barkley
Favorite long running joke: Woolie's salt towards Biker mice from Mars
Favorite SBF LP combo: Matt&Pat or Matt&Liam

Zenfalcia

Big the Cat could reveal his plan to rescue Hitler from Hell/HFIL, and then do the standard "we're not so different, you and I" when Goku turns into the ubermensch. And then get brutally vaporized for my viewing enjoyment.

Froggy could join the Defenders of Earth, having finally been freed from the yoke of his terrible master.

3/10, could watch when I have an empty hour because I forgot Daylight Savings Time or something.
Stop doing such a good job at selling this amazing hype idea! Although, it is only good until the plot twist was that Goku was holding back the whole time. 0/10 Too much water.

*Muda. Mudo's a different thing. (And you only need to cast it once, silly.)

Oro oro oro?

I am super hype for it actually. Just, I'm not really into japanese grandma goku. Waiting for the dub.
Also, Beerus is GOAT DBZ villain.

I feel that, but... Come on, Gangsta's still setting stuff up, it's way too early to judge it. It's original at least, and there's plenty of room for it to git gud.

Zenfalcia

Favorite LP: Tie between Yakuza 4 and Barkley
Favorite long running joke: Woolie's salt towards Biker mice from Mars
Favorite SBF LP combo: Matt&Pat or Matt&Liam
No love for Grandma Swamp? Shame.
Ahh I see, I don't post that often (it's amazing how I even have member status) so I never thought about how others posts tweets without actually having to go on Twitter.
The more you know~
Man, if Woolie can't even beat Aigo than how is he even going to compete with Daigo. smh
When's rematch with Aigo?
The podcast, and seeing the thread on gaming many months ago before I signed up.
Nice. Well, it's good you can join us now in Best Gaf's new form.

Skrams

Oh my god, that whole Caesar battle. I can't. Everything was breaking everywhere and his body did the death noise while limping over after the QTE. Then he was fine in the cutscene after it. I can't. Why. Then Ellie is just sitting there after eating shit at 60 MPH?

You know Ellie, we really are oh god end my life.

My guess is the only reason he watched the ones he brought up was because of people, like mike0dude, recommending it to him/watching it with him. Speaking of which, i want to bet he won't finish Gate due to "waifus" shenanigans, but i hope he proves me wrong and continues to watch it.
Yeah, it felt like he mostly just watched stuff because Cranky and Mike. I honestly don't expect him to finish Gate or watch another episode, but I could eat shit since I haven't listened to this weeks podcast yet so dunno.

Glad Kekkai Sensen is getting some love. Kind of surprised there's this much Ushio and Tora love though since I'm finding it to be kind of typical. I feel like I need that next layer of hype or objective to be invested to care more I guess. Or I'm just getting desensitized or something. That's always a fear ever since I started watching like 10+ shows on a weeklyish basis. I also don't think the OP for Gangsta is that amazing either. I watched it prior to Woolie's recommendation so I don't feel like I'm being bias that much either. Waiting for the show to pick up a little more since it has a good setting, atmosphere, and characters, but it's mostly just really good brick laying right now to me at least. Always a bit afraid too after hearing them praise something after I've already played/watched it and thinking huh, I thought it was just alright. I start to think I'm crazy for having a middling opinion, but eh, I should probably just get over that since different things groove with different people more and all that.
Yo. Always good to see new people getting into the thread.
It'll be a nice change of pace from the "normal" animes that usually air.
Yeah, it's definitely a fine change of pace compared to what one might consider the usual. OP's song isn't really a big deal to me either, but the visuals are nice.
I'm very confused right now. Woolie's not going to EVO right. That's not a thing. I'm not sure what I'm looking at because I don't want to believe the prior is actually true.
I must be suffering from Stockholm syndrome or something, because the more Matt suffers, the more I want to find, purchase, and play the game to completion...

What in the fuck is wrong with me? :/
Yeah, I'm not sure what's wrong with you. There's nothing to gain from playing the game yourself. There's nothing else to discover or do. There's no other side missions or any shit they didn't touch as far as I know. It's just a straight shot. If a person was interested in playing a good game like Freedom Planet or Deadly Premonition after seeing their LP then yeah, of course. There's more to those games than what you see. Freedom Planet has great gameplay and multiple paths with a whole other untouched character. Deadly Premonition has hella sidequests which are super neat and add to the already weird world. Ride to Hell has paint cans and cards.

Zenfalcia

Not liking Ride to hell being grouped with Tormentum.
Both fun LPs in the opposite ways.
You could say, both are ride to hell.
Yeah, it felt like he mostly just watched stuff because Cranky and Mike. I honestly don't expect him to finish Gate or watch another episode, but I could eat shit since I haven't listened to this weeks podcast yet so dunno.

Yeah, it's definitely a fine change of pace compared to what one might consider the usual. OP's song isn't really a big deal to me either, but the visuals are nice.
I agree. I feel like he'll give it till episode 3 and then stop. Mostly due to some new characters being introduced, but man.. Gate is purty gud. There's other good stuff, but woolie will never ever watch them, which is a shame.

Visuals seem like updated old manga art, which is nice.

Skrams

I agree. I feel like he'll give it till episode 3 and then stop. Mostly due to some new characters being introduced, but man.. Gate is purty gud. There's other good stuff, but woolie will never ever watch them, which is a shame.

I'm hesitant to believe you about GATE. My gut is screaming hot SAO garbage is on the horizon with all the waifu or otaku bullshit that looks to be in the show. I'll keep watching because I can't stop, but it might become a hate watch for me.

And that's just what's going to happen every season since Matt, Pat, and Woolie just aren't into anime as much. They sacrificed anime for more time on the clock for games and other bullshit. We'll get it every now and again, but I never expect them to get super back into to where anyone besides Liam is giving something like a breakdown for what they watched this season.

Dis season all about dat Prison School and Monster Musume hype tho. Super glad Liam's in the Monster Musume hole.

I feel that, but... Come on, Gangsta's still setting stuff up, it's way too early to judge it. It's original at least, and there's plenty of room for it to git gud.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna drop it. It was good, but, I don't know how to put this, it was like cool guys who are awesome and never lose at fights do cool fight things. Even that is tropy in anime , but I'll continue to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom