• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHoot

One of my stupid dream fantasies would be: Being a billionaire with a competent dev team, and picking up busted/shitty franchises or flash game concepts, buying the rights and remaking them while trying to make them good. It's a fun exercise just to think "What can I take from this, what do I keep and what do I change and how do i make this good".

"Rouler vers l'enfer: Retribution" would be my new version where instead of bikers, it's french mimes (hence we can keep the fully clothed awkward sex) riding imaginary bikes on the roads of france

Numb

Should be an Us Vs. Them style video feature with the Best Friends versus YoVideogames.

The next level of beef between Youtube channels.

The Giantbomb East Vs West was the most hardcore and saltiest beatdown of the centuary.

I'm sure the crew will challenge them as soon as they get drunk.

Is it weird that the most invested I get in Evo is hoping that every Yuu player loses horribly and maybe also trips on their way off the stage?

MrHoot

Start a kickstarter, that'll beat Shenmue 3!

Would love to try to game jam it someday.

Speaking of Shenmue, the kickstarter got a huge amount of cash today, especially in the past few hours and now passed 6.15 million and is still rocketing. beating bloodstained

Just listened to the Podcast. Oh boy, Woolie better have some tolerance for Jingoism and border line racism(A black guy? Must be an American soldier.) If he wants to continue watching GATE.

Zenfalcia

For me, after the Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne LPs, I both love and hate Woolie as one of the pair. Sometimes amazing, sometimes completely hard to watch.

Edit: Gas-kwah
That's fair. Snailborne gif exists for a reason.
I'm hesitant to believe you about GATE. My gut is screaming hot SAO garbage is on the horizon with all the waifu or otaku bullshit that looks to be in the show. I'll keep watching because I can't stop, but it might become a hate watch for me.

And that's just what's going to happen every season since Matt, Pat, and Woolie just aren't into anime as much. They sacrificed anime for more time on the clock for games and other bullshit. We'll get it every now and again, but I never expect them to get super back into to where anyone besides Liam is giving something like a breakdown for what they watched this season.

Dis season all about dat Prison School and Monster Musume hype tho. Super glad Liam's in the Monster Musume hole.
I mean i can just spoil it all and say everything for you to judge. Just wait and see. Dat end of the second episode tho.

Woolie only watched these animes due to reccomendations and watching with friends and mike. They'll never be super back in, they don't have the time and people can't handle Liam's controversial anime tastes.

Ofc Liam would be in the monster girls hole, who the hell do you think he is!?!? Please be excited for no one caring about Gakmou gurashi/school live.

Pretty fighters is the most appropriate fighting game to play during EVO.
It really is. There should just be a stream for poverty games being played at Evo. Main stage is fine and all, but money matches on cheap ass fighting games is where the real hype is.

Ofc Liam would be in the monster girls hole, who the hell do you think he is!?!? Please be excited for no one caring about Gakmou gurashi/school live.
Prison School anime didn't look that great to begin with (as to be expected given the high quality of the manga) so I yes, of course Liam would be watching Monster Musume instead.

Fucking anime doesn't matter until Devilman starts in the fall, anyway. That's all that counts.

And just like that Ken wins Ultimax EVO. I can practically hear Pat's joyous shouts.

I mean, he's a shit Persona character, but he's actually a pretty good fighting game character in Ultimax. He's a hell of a lot less boring than Yuu.

I would have liked to see that Shadow Mitsuru go farther, and a whole let less Teddie in the Top 8, but otherwise it wasn't too bad.

Edit: The killers are all getting eliminated from SF4 and nobody knows who's responsible. Could it be that Woolie donned a mask and entered the fray?!
No, no it couldn't.

Archgan

Another masterpiece by IndonesianBob.
tumblr_inline_nrm35bcMo51tplz7v_1280.png

Edit: Any Kanji's at EVO? Man I'm jelly, I want to get back into that game, but I need less crap internet.

I'm hesitant to believe you about GATE. My gut is screaming hot SAO garbage is on the horizon with all the waifu or otaku bullshit that looks to be in the show. I'll keep watching because I can't stop, but it might become a hate watch for me.

I have about the same impression of GATE as woolie, so let me kinda sell it, or desell it as it were.

The main character right now, is a guy watching people die, and in his head he's screaming 'no, I can't buy doujins!'. In otherwords, awful. But, he's not really the focus of the show right now, he's feels more like comedy relief and the war stuff is the real focus.
But it's kinda obvious, that's not going to continue to be the case for very long. Main guy is clearly supposed to be a 'cool guy'. And when the plot starts being more about doujin man and his waifus, I don't think there will be anything worth continuing to tune in for.

Zenfalcia

Edit: Any Kanji's at EVO? Man I'm jelly, I want to get back into that game, but I need less crap internet.

I have about the same impression of GATE as woolie, so let me kinda sell it, or desell it as it were.

The main character right now, is a guy watching people die, and in his head he's screaming 'no, I can't buy doujins!'. In otherwords, awful. But, he's not really the focus of the show right now, he's feels more like comedy relief and the war stuff is the real focus.
But it's kinda obvious, that's not going to continue to be the case for very long. Main guy is clearly supposed to be a 'cool guy'. And when the plot starts being more about doujin man and his waifus, I don't think there will be anything worth continuing to tune in for.
No idea.

I mean, woolie is partially right with the military vs fantasy, but there's more to it. Main guy is not just now comedy relief, he is the joke guy who can also do the thing as seen in episode 1. There's more to this but that's spoilers. Same to the waifus stuff it's all spoilers.

Oberon

Banned
Now with pretty fighter on scrublord, I can say that there's no limits to how low scrublords can get. Can't wait for Tattoo assasines!

Skrams

Pretty Fighter is really something. I was just mouth agape at learning how throws worked. It's amazing how some people just made fighting games without knowing how to make a fighting game. Also banana mind game too strong.
when's best friends brawl rocket league
Soon because they already said they recorded an episode.
I mean, woolie is partially right with the military vs fantasy, but there's more to it. Main guy is not just now comedy relief, he is the joke guy who can also do the thing as seen in episode 1. There's more to this but that's spoilers. Same to the waifus stuff it's all spoilers.
I guess I'll get that with time, but I just wish there was more to it right now. Gate happened, fantasy attacked for fuck all reasons, great Nippon killed em all, and now they're going to march in to kill more because defending ourselves.
Just listened to the Podcast. Oh boy, Woolie better have some tolerance for Jingoism and border line racism(A black guy? Must be an American soldier.) If he wants to continue watching GATE.
Now I'm even more excited for what's coming up.
I mean i can just spoil it all and say everything for you to judge. Just wait and see. Dat end of the second episode tho.

Nah, I don't need spoilers. I'll just assume for now going off 3 episodes so far, it seems like it's heading down that waifu route super hard already. I kind of expected Liam to talk about Gakkou Gurashi on the podcast this week. It seems like a thing he'd try to push early before it became even more popular. I pictured him getting Matt to watch it even because of his loving of works.
Prison School anime didn't look that great to begin with (as to be expected given the high quality of the manga) so I yes, of course Liam would be watching Monster Musume instead.

Fucking anime doesn't matter until Devilman starts in the fall, anyway. That's all that counts.
They're both great so far despite obvious censorship. Also One Punch Man.

My problem is that the war feels very flaccid because curbstomping and I'm not getting much reason for the need to march in and murder everything. If I get good reasoning for the war later to justify murdering 10k fantasy doods then okay. The peppering of otaku catgirl bullshit in between is the only time I perk up to immediately say fuck you.

That's also why I expect Woolie to drop it since that escalation is visible from a mile away.

My problem is that the war feels very flaccid because curbstomping and I'm not getting much reason for the need to march in and murder everything. If I get good reasoning for the war later to justify murdering 10k fantasy doods then okay. The peppering of otaku catgirl bullshit in between is the only time I perk up to immediately say fuck you.

That's also why I expect Woolie to drop it since that escalation is visible from a mile away.

The thing with the war, is I find it interesting in the back to the future kinda way. These medievel people freaking out over modern technology. I love that fish out of water scenario. Plus, the fact that the fantasy dudes are the complete agressors in this makes their deaths okay to me. The fact they stomp over the defense forces' warning signs to go get butchered really sells that. Plus I love how the king is actually kinda smart, and apparently completely unflappable.
That said, I think I might quit this any episode now for the waifu shit myself.

Let the salt flow.
Why would Pat play goalkeeper? Isn't he a known shortie

He's used to hockey, where it's more about being broad and I guess actually kind of useful to be low to the ground. (Not sure if his legs are long enough to cover the goal span, though...)

Also, he's well-noted for being the least aggressive of the Super Best Friends in his playst--WAIT A MINUTE.

Zenfalcia

I guess I'll get that with time, but I just wish there was more to it right now. Gate happened, fantasy attacked for fuck all reasons, great Nippon killed em all, and now they're going to march in to kill more because defending ourselves.

Now I'm even more excited for what's coming up.

Nah, I don't need spoilers. I'll just assume for now going off 3 episodes so far, it seems like it's heading down that waifu route super hard already. I kind of expected Liam to talk about Gakkou Gurashi on the podcast this week. It seems like a thing he'd try to push early before it became even more popular. I pictured him getting Matt to watch it even because of his loving of works.

Well, the defence force will be defending, i'll say that much.

I feel like Liam doesn't want the anime pedastal he used to be on since people hated him for not watching stuff, so he probably won't ever bring it up. I am tempted to try to get Pat to watch it for good reasons.

The war is quite flaccid, but it is to be expected. Guns vs swords, how does swords even win on a big battlefield?!?!? Spoilers for your otaku point,
the otaku never ends. There's still more incoming.

I feel like woolie will drop it well before it gets to where i know he will definitely drop it.

I dropped GATE without ever even watching it as soon as I heard there's a protagonist who has some "special" trait. Don't need to do the whole Attack on Titan song and dance again, personally.

Squishy3

I dropped GATE without ever even watching it as soon as I heard there's a protagonist who has some "special" trait. Don't need to do the whole Attack on Titan song and dance again, personally.
The protagonist's special trait is that he's an otaku who is a member of the JSDF. That's literally it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom