• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
have they ever said if theyd be willing to do an LP of any Persona games? like P5 maybe?
just make sure Woolie doesnt play it by locking him in a closet
I'm 90% sure in a stream Liam said he was open to a semi-blind LP with Pat but don't quote me on it.
Edit- I'm probably wrong judging by everyone else's answers

Zenfalcia

have they ever said if theyd be willing to do an LP of any Persona games? like P5 maybe?
just make sure Woolie doesnt play it by locking him in a closet

I think they can't and won't do a full LP since the amount of hours needed to beat the game is too much. Also it'll be a lot of boring dungeoning..

No idea on P5 though.

Pat has said a couple times he doesn't want to ever do one since that'd be super boring for everyone and he wouldn't want his first experience to be during an LP. But they also said they'd never do RE4, so you never know if they'll get desperate for content or not later on.

they should play Persona 1 or 2 that may or may not exist depending on Atlus's current mood
i sure as hell wont ever play em due to the graphics making my eyes bleed

ultimax

Pat as Pumkinhead because fuck you. Stolen form the reddit, as usual
VykLVJp.png
ScreenShot2014-10-12at21458AM_zps1712d6f8.png

360pages

D-don't worry not a lot of you are super into writing. I wouldn't dare show this to writing gaf. They would break my back and suplex me into a burning building. That's why I wanted to edit it and get other peoples thoughts on it before I show them it.

Zenfalcia

D-don't worry not a lot of you are super into writing. I wouldn't dare show this to writing gaf. They would break my back and suplex me into a burning building. That's why I wanted to edit it and get other peoples thoughts on it before I show them it.

Be shameless and post it there and watch it get ripped to shreds. At least it'll be a learning experience.

360pages

Be shameless and post it there and watch it get ripped to shreds. At least it'll be a learning experience.

I thought about it, then pulled back. Someone on there is a fucking published writer, and not self published either. I can't just post anything there. I have to respect the readers time, plus I needed an editor for grammar. Though you are good at giving story stuff, which is always nice.

Ugh, this writing talk reminds me that I gotta write out the remainder of my chapter out by Wednesday, if I want to keep a good schedule. It's going to take a little dedication to hit that mark.

I'm terrified to go into writerGAF. I know my shit is not great.

NGE episode 8
this was by far the most anime episode so far. Asuka being a tsuntsun and the amount of reaction faces in this was substantial compared to the others. Also the action sequence with the cloak and junk. The only non animu part of the episode was the very end with Gendo and Kaji and that Adam thing and I have no idea what the Human instrumentality project is so that makes it super mysterious. Also it seemed like Gendo knew that an angel was about to attack the fleet so that makes things even more shady.

360pages

They are super nice, but super technical, they will tear your shit apart with the best intentions. That's why you got to make it perfect before you show it to them, even if that removes the entire purpose of showing it to them in the first place.

Zenfalcia

I thought about it, then pulled back. Someone on there is a fucking published writer, and not self published either. I can't just post anything there. I have to respect the readers time, plus I needed an editor for grammar. Though you are good at giving story stuff, which is always nice.

I never really went fully into depth with my review.. I'll figure something out.

I saw quite a few grammar errors and incomplete sentences. I am also a stickler of no conjunctions in the writing. It makes it sound so unprofessional, unless it's in dialogue, then it's ok.

Ugh, this writing talk reminds me that I gotta write out the remainder of my chapter out by Wednesday, if I want to keep a good schedule. It's going to take a little dedication to hit that mark.

Dedication and motivation. Gonna need a lot of both if you hit a writer's block.

I finished Mai-chan's daily life. Mmmm.. a lot of unanswered questions but hey it was only a few chapter..
Blood errywhere. It was a little sad with the pet girl.

360pages

I never really went fully into depth with my review.. I'll figure something out.

I saw quite a few grammar errors and incomplete sentences. I am also a stickler of no conjunctions in the writing. It makes it sound so unprofessional, unless it's in dialogue, then it's ok.

Dedication and motivation. Gonna need a lot of both if you hit a writer's block.

I finished Mai-chan's daily life. Mmmm.. a lot of unanswered questions but hey it was only a few chapter..
Blood errywhere. It was a little sad with the pet girl.

I'll probably rewrite the one I sent you. Then get an editor, or a beta to read though it for grammar mistakes. Though the one that Nova got is completely different than the one I sent you.

They are super nice, but super technical, they will tear your shit apart with the best intentions. That's why you got to make it perfect before you show it to them, even if that removes the entire purpose of showing it to them in the first place.

That's the problem, I'm a terrible technical writer and want more opinion on content and style and less of just being an English class.

Shit was mad edgy. It was dumb. It was pointless. It was bad.

That's it. It managed to make me laugh more than it made me cringe. And the cringe was supplanted by a laugh. It's so over the top, that the horror turns on itself, and becomes laugh worthy.

It might have been the years of seeing the worst of what the internet has to offer making me immune, but this was just odd. Stupid, gory, and dumb.

Also, again, what a hero. What a heroic non asshole our hero is. I just love how our hero committed basic atrocities with a smile on his face. Great...

It's super edgy, and that's all I have to say. The violence doesn't even serve a point.

Shame the animation is much better than a lot other H-series. It truly doesn't deserve it. Art sucks though.

Zenfalcia

I'll probably rewrite the one I sent you. Then get an editor, or a beta to read though it for grammar mistakes. Though the one that Nova got is completely different than the one I sent you.

Hmmm.. If you want me to look at it, i can. Up to you. Also another up to you is how honest you want me to be. One is i tone it down a lot, another is i'm brutally honest.

That's the problem, I'm a terrible technical writer and want more opinion on content and style and less of just being an English class.

So you want it more about how interesting it is and if it flows well?

One last point, when I finish the chapter, I'll just post it here. I ain't go nothing to hide, and besides, it's not fanfiction.

Judge away.

I only don't participate in the Writing talk because I'm actually so self concious I can never be satisfied with any of my writing. I see too many of my own flaws without being able to fix them. So as a result I've hardly written anything.

Anyway, if you guys want criticism I'll give it, just don't take my opinions too harshly, they'll just be opinions.

Zenfalcia

Shit was mad edgy. It was dumb. It was pointless. It was bad.

That's it. It managed to make me laugh more than it made me cringe. And the cringe was supplanted by a laugh. It's so over the top, that the horror turns on itself, and becomes laugh worthy.

It might have been the years of seeing the worst of what the internet has to offer making me immune, but this was just odd. Stupid, gory, and dumb.

Also, again, what a hero. What a heroic non asshole our hero is. I just love how our hero committed basic atrocities with a smile on his face. Great...

It's super edgy, and that's all I have to say. The violence doesn't even serve a point.

Shame the animation is much better than a lot other H-series. It truly doesn't deserve it. Art sucks though.

It was originally a visual novel. They cut all the really mature scenes out, which made me sad.

Oh, it was dumb. The whole idea could've been seen as dumb but it's a eroge, so eh. What made you cringe/laugh the most?

i loved the MC loving his violence and stuff. Just like a sadist should.

The whole violence thing was "fueled" by his lust and his desire to not die. They had to "follow" all the instructions in order to live and break open all the locks.

What was the dumbest part for you? I always think all hentai are dumb, but enjoy them nevertheless

360pages

Hmmm.. If you want me to look at it, i can. Up to you. Also another up to you is how honest you want me to be. One is i tone it down a lot, another is i'm brutally honest.

So you want it more about how interesting it is and if it flows well?

Maybe after I edit, if I'm not picked this week I'll happily let you see some of it.

Zenfalcia

More a review of the story and less of the writing, if that makes any sense.

It does make sense. Like reviewing more about the idea(s). Sometimes you need to fix some of the technical parts to make the content be understandable. So they kinda go hand in hand?

I only don't participate in the Writing talk because I'm actually so self concious I can never be satisfied with any of my writing. I see too many of my own flaws without being able to fix them. So as a result I've hardly written anything.

Anyway, if you guys want criticism I'll give it, just don't take my opinions too harshly, they'll just be opinions.

Yeah. I feel the same for many creative things.. Like art.. I want to get better at art, but hate myself every time i try to improve.

It was a visual novel?
Oh god.

Technically an eroge. Yeah, there are tons of scenes missing. I can spoil some if any of you care.

Yeah. I feel the same for many creative things.. Like art.. I want to get better at art, but hate myself every time i try to improve.
Woof. Yeah Art's the same way. I know the best way to get past that kind of block is to just keeping doing it till you git gud-er, but man it's really disheartening.

Zenfalcia

Woof. Yeah Art's the same way. I know the best way to get past that kind of block is to just keeping doing it till you git gud-er, but man it's really disheartening.

Maybe it's due to me reading a lot of good writing and looking at various great art
anime art but whatever
. I always have an idea or visual of what i want to make but the execution just craps the bed.. and then i give up or make a terrible piece.

We should just bite the bullet and just git gud by being baddies first.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Technically an eroge. Yeah, there are tons of scenes missing. I can spoil some if any of you care.
I wish I can draw. I did once.
You guys knew how that went

Also, is there anything worse than the ending?

360pages

The other problem is that I'm 20 years old, and I'm always thinking that I should be better than this. I mean I'm sure there are people younger than I that can write better, and the idea that I might have to completely rewrite something from nearly scratch after spending so much time on a draft crushes me as well.

Zenfalcia

I wish I can draw. I did once.
You guys knew how that went

Also, is there anything worse than the ending?

Everyone sucks at drawing. It's just when you started to try to improve is what makes a difference. My current art is only due to improvements during middle school and high school. It still sucks though.

Which endings? You mean people getting killed? or the pregnancy ending. I haven't played it myself since there's no translation for it out. I've only seen scenes online.

It was originally a visual novel. They cut all the really mature scenes out, which made me sad.

Oh, it was dumb. The whole idea could've been seen as dumb but it's a eroge, so eh. What made you cringe/laugh the most?

i loved the MC loving his violence and stuff. Just like a sadist should.

The whole violence thing was "fueled" by his lust and his desire to not die. They had to "follow" all the instructions in order to live and break open all the locks.

What was the dumbest part for you? I always think all hentai are dumb, but enjoy them nevertheless

Did not know about the VN. Neato.

It was just super violent sex, for no reason. The script was awful (Probably should have found a raw) and the overuse of the word rape was annoying. I understood the rules to the game, as dumb as the were, but I still couldn't stand the protag. Maybe because his love of the shit was really pushed too much.

I think the part that got me to laugh the hardest was when the protag just dumped ass in home girl's face. I think mostly because it was unexpected, and the sudden cut to it made the moment. The cringe/laugh came from the fisting making the other girl's stomach bulge. I was all like, that shit is painful, but then I was all like, shit don't work that way. Oh, and the classic line, "My viriginity hurts." Oh, and the random, and out of context beheading. Like the director was all like, "We need moar edge guiz!"

I probably should have found a raw. The sub sucked shit, and made me laugh far too much. For what it's worth, that shit can get someone who isn't familiar with the depravity that is hentai, but it's ain't catching me by surprise.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
The other problem is that I'm 20 years old, and I'm always thinking that I should be better than this. I mean I'm sure there are people younger than I that can write better, and the idea that I might have to completely rewrite something from nearly scratch after spending so much time on a draft crushes me as well.
I don't know much about writing, but at your age, you are in your prime for fighting games.
Everyone sucks at drawing. It's just when you started to try to improve is what makes a difference. My current art is only due to improvements during middle school and high school. It still sucks though.

Which endings? You mean people getting killed? or the pregnancy ending. I haven't played it myself since there's no translation for it out. I've only seen scenes online.
Nevermind, I don't even even know what a visual novel is.
id assume its just a book with pictures?

360pages

I don't know much about writing, but at your age, you are in your prime for fighting games.

It's more than that, it's like a semi game and what not. Think of Phoenix wright or Zero escape/999

NGE episode 9
wow do i not like Asuka, this felt like another really anime episode. Like from the tone series had set up to this episode it feels really weird seeing whole episode be light hearted when before the episodes had light hearted moments but not this much. i dont hate it, it just feels weird ya know?
I mean i liked the dance sequence at the very end. It was cool and the red hot kick was sick
i found the kaji x misato thing pretty cute and find it interesring for a pprofesional relationship
but Asuka annoys the hell out of me. Like the whole talk of "oh you ruined my japanese debut" and junk really irked me cause im ok with that kind of stuff when like Kamina do boisterous things in the middle of battle but when shes fighting with people like Shinji and Rei who are rather serious and no nonsense it just feels out of place.

NGE episode 9
wow do i not like Asuka, this felt like another really anime episode. Like from the tone series had set up to this episode it feels really weird seeing whole episode be light hearted when before the episodes had light hearted moments but not this much. i dont hate it, it just feels weird ya know?
I mean i liked the dance sequence at the very end. It was cool and the red hot kick was sick
i found the kaji x misato thing pretty cute and find it interesring for a pprofesional relationship
but Asuka annoys the hell out of me. Like the whole talk of "oh you ruined my japanese debut" and junk really irked me cause im ok with that kind of stuff when like Kamina do boisterous things in the middle of battle but when shes fighting with people like Shinji and Rei who are rather serious and no nonsense it just feels out of place.

bE8Gq6o.gif

Oh God, so sound just like me when I watch Eva. This is beautiful.

Let's see how you finish the course.

Zenfalcia

Did not know about the VN. Neato.

It was just super violent sex, for no reason. The script was awful (Probably should have found a raw) and the overuse of the word rape was annoying. I understood the rules to the game, as dumb as the were, but I still couldn't stand the protag. Maybe because his love of the shit was really pushed too much.

I think the part that got me to laugh the hardest was when the protag just dumped ass in home girl's face. I think mostly because it was unexpected, and the sudden cut to it made the moment. The cringe/laugh came from the fisting making the other girl's stomach bulge. I was all like, that shit is painful, but then I was all like, shit don't work that way. Oh, and the classic line, "My viriginity hurts." Oh, and the random, and out of context beheading. Like the director was all like, "We need moar edge guiz!"

I probably should have found a raw. The sub sucked shit, and made me laugh far too much. For what it's worth, that shit can get someone who isn't familiar with the depravity that is hentai, but it's ain't catching me by surprise.

It flows better as a VN/Eroge. The adaptation butchered the original material to hell, but it was obvious that was going to happen. it happens in all animes.

The script was pretty normal for most hentais of them screaming otu what's happenning or they're in pain etc etc. I'm used to terrible scripts. I bet the love for the rape made it too edgey for you, which is understandable. It's not too great as a plot device.

I hate the cutting. It was so jank and fast. I know why they did it. They wanted to add every scene people wanted from the eroge but not the extra gorey/brutal scenes like everyone's death scenes. Eh it might have followed a lot of tropes but what else can a girl really say except scream in pain. It shouldn't work that way doesn't mean it can't work that way. Since the vagina is the same hole where giant baby heads come out of and stomachs do bulge if you push up far enough? I've read some hentai like that, so i wasn't surprised if it was possible. I could be wrong, who knows.

It was more for people who aren't used to it being caught by surprise.

I hope you're not serious.. A VN is basically an anime with choose your own adventure elements. You go through dialogue reading it with characters in the screen sorta like a manga. Sometimes you get to make choices which change things that happens in the story. Depending on your choices you get different endings and get with different girls, most of the time.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom