• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
Man those Gamespot comments are filled high intensity salt, cant believe they reviewed Bayo higher than Destiny, TitanFall, TLOU and Mordor.

Have they never played a Platinum Game?

Man those Gamespot comments are filled high intensity salt, cant believe they reviewed Bayo higher than Destiny, TitanFall, TLOU and Mordor.

Favorite is how someone REFUSES to believe it deserves that score and how someone will buy the game and review it themselves to disagree with the 10

Jman014

Revengeance was my Babby's First Character Action game. They've probably never tried a Platinum game before.

Man, I just fucking crashed after I came home from work today, should probably not skip sleep in order to read mango's. #mangolife #hardwork #dedication

Luckily tho, I woke up to more Guacameelee

Not that I don't agree that Bayo 2 will be a very good game at release, let's not fall into the whole "Platinum is the best and above criticism" trap.

360pages

This...is super annoying, like when was the last time you seen such drama over a review of a movie or book? Why is gaming as a whole care so much about reviews when they rarely translated to sales anyway?

Rarely do bad reviews stop people from enjoying movies, then way is a review causing so much tension.

Then again a book like 50 shades of grey (Shit book by the way) Can be created published and made into a movie with very little care or outcry, but if a game tried to cover those things we would probably have the entire front page about that stuff.

It really is funny how narrow thinking of what we think is a game is.

There's nothing more pathetic than the kind of people who get worked up over game reviews, whether it's a a good score for a game they hate or a bad score for a game they like.

Not that I don't agree that Bayo 2 will be a very good game at release, let's not fall into the whole "Platinum is the best and above criticism" trap.

They definitely aren't, they made the easiest game I played all last gen.

There's nothing more pathetic than the kind of people who get worked up over game reviews, whether it's a a good score for a game they hate or a bad score for a game they like.

A poorly written review at this point means "I didn't agree with the person's opinions."

Nice. What kind of mangos?

Update: Yay recovered the files I thought i lost.

Vagabond. Read it, it doesn't stop getting better. I can say with certainty that Miyamoto Musashi is more badass than Guts. In fact, I would say Vagabond is better than Berserk.

Yeah I said it. Arrest me. Idgaf.

This...is super annoying, like when was the last time you seen such drama over a review of a movie or book? Why is gaming as a whole care so much about reviews when they rarely translated to sales anyway?

Rarely do bad reviews stop people from enjoying movies, then way is a review causing so much tension.

Then again a book like 50 shades of grey (Shit book by the way) Can be created published and made into a movie with very little care or outcry, but if a game tried to cover those things we would probably have the entire front page about that stuff.

It really is funny how narrow thinking of what we think is a game is.

I don't think publishers think that at all. If anything, they convince gamers that scores are what matter and who gives the scores is how we should judge something.

There's nothing more pathetic than the kind of people who get worked up over game reviews, whether it's a good score for a game they hate or a bad score for a game they like.

I hate Metacritic. It's done this to the games industry. It's done it to multiple industries.

Aggregating scores only muddles the waters of objective quality and makes those who buy below par "objective" quality feel inferior for even liking something rated poorly in the first place.

Xux

It's funny looking at Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, and Lucina's animations in Smash next to the whole "animating women in games is hard, you guys" thing from Ubisoft.

Village

There is a good chance they might not like it

While I would love to live in a world where the only reason why platinum/clovers in devours were purchased in such low numbers a good amount of the time, is because people have yet experience their wonder. I fully understand these people could just think those games are dumb and not like them, or look dumb or whatever.

It's funny looking at Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, and Lucina's animations in Smash next to the whole "animating women in games is hard, you guys" thing from Ubisoft.

I wish people would just boycott ubisoft games all together at this point. Personally I think they are worse then EA

360pages

I don't think publishers think that at all. If anything, they convince gamers that scores are what matter and who gives the scores is how we should judge something.

I hate Metacritic. It's done this to the games industry. It's done it to multiple industries.

Aggregating scores only muddles the waters of objective quality and makes those who buy below par "objective" quality feel inferior for even liking something rated poorly in the first place.

Shit reviewed games sell amazingly while great reviewed games sell poorly.

Sonic 06/ Sonic Unleashed sold amazingly well, but neither of them got shining reviews.

The problem is...over all, like movies, rarely do people who go and see it look at a review. Kind of like how, rarely do people who buy games look at a review. Hell, I'd take a friends recommendation over any professional review.

At this point reviews are just things people argue about now, I don't know when was the last time someone actually used it for decided if they were going ti buy a game or not.

Archgan

I think part of the reason is a movie ticket or a book doesn't cost $60. More people read a review for a game because a game is more of an investment. Because there is more people reading the reviews, there are more idiots commenting.

Sonic 06/ Sonic Unleashed sold amazingly well, but neither of them got shining reviews.

The problem is...over all, like movies, rarely do people who go and see it look at a review. Kind of like how, rarely do people who buy games look at a review. Hell, I'd take a friends recommendation over any professional review.

At this point reviews are just things people argue about now, I don't know when was the last time someone actually used it for decided if they were going ti buy a game or not.

Maybe that's because the outlets that matter aren't journalists?

I'd like to see the sales numbers in comparison to the advertising budget for all games. I'm sure with games like Earthbound and it's initial terrible advertising, what kept it alive was word of mouth.

ultimax

GG's ultimaxers
Rise mirror matches are intense. learned alot lol

So how hyped is everyone for Bayonetta 2?
tumblr_n3lbcgGcVw1rirdwco1_400.gif

this hype

I look up reviews on games I'm already interested in, but not sure about playing yet. Besides, youtubers are killing traditional reviews. They just have so much more to offer besides giving people a look at a game in a way no review ever can. They actually have shown to have a positive effect on sales as well, especially for indie games. Hell, PDP enjoying your game is like a dream come true for any developer.

It's funny to see how scared big publishers are of youtube content creators since they hold little to no power over them, as opposed to traditional reviews. There is barely anything they can do short of DMCA'ing stuff.

So how hyped is everyone for Bayonetta 2?

I will get the game along with Wonderful 101, Smash, and New Super Luigi U when I get my Wii U.

Bayo 2 isn't my first preorder for Wii U. Smash is.

I'm not concerned I won't be able to find a copy after a week or 2 and I spent way too much money on video games this year that after Bayo 2 is acquired, I won't buy anything else for the year.

Rutti

It's funny to see how scared big publishers are of youtube content creators since they hold little to no power over them, as opposed to traditional reviews. There is barely anything they can do short of DMCA'ing stuff.

Seeing the small controversies about shitty brand deals, it seems that they are trying to control youtubers by throwing money at them.

I look up reviews on games I'm already interested in, but not sure about playing yet. Besides, youtubers are killing traditional reviews. They just have so much more to offer besides giving people a look at a game in a way no review ever can. They actually have shown to have a positive effect on sales as well, especially for indie games. Hell, PDP enjoying your game is like a dream come true for any developer.

Here's the thing: If one day, all of the big publishers and devs wanted to lobby Congress regarding DMCA and getting control of their content, they absolutely could and might be able to. Hell, they'd be able to lobby enough dollars to actually censor Youtubers and other content creators.

But then they'd open up Pandora's Box and more or less tell consumers "Fuck you. Pay us money. No Video Reviews."

Those same content curators and reviewers, despite any amount of money thrown at them, help consumers sort the diamonds from the gravel. I think Matt and Pat and those guys/gals of gaming content are helping keep gaming relevant and sales moving as much as possible. Rarely do they even openly shit on a game that it doesn't deserve and that's what we like them for: being candid.

360pages

I will say the advert of YouTube reviewers and Youtube as a whole is killing regular reviews (Which is a good thing in my book) They usually give more detail as well as have actual gameplay to go along with it.

Plus if you just want to see gameplay youtube is great, I can actually see how a game plays/how it is meant to be played vs a Reviewer who might not know what they're doing.

Seeing the small controversies about shitty brand deals, it seems that they are trying to control youtubers by throwing money at them.
And then they got exposed and got shit flung at them, starting a trend where youtubers will accept their money and then turn around and say "Hey guys, they payed us to play this game and we like money, so we accepted. Take everything we say with a grain of salt."

Here's the thing: If one day, all of the big publishers and devs wanted to lobby Congress regarding DMCA and getting control of their content, they absolutely could and might be able to. Hell, they'd be able to lobby enough dollars to actually censor Youtubers and other content creators.

But then they'd open up Pandora's Box and more or less tell consumers "Fuck you. Pay us money. No Video Reviews."

That would be unwise indeed. Talk about kneecapping yourself.

And then they got exposed and got shit flung at them, starting a trend where youtubers will accept their money and then turn around and say "Hey guys, they payed us to play this game and we like money, so we accepted. Take everything we say with a grain of salt."

That would be unwise indeed. Talk about kneecapping yourself.

Nintendo caught a LOT of shit for flagging Nintendo Youtuber content and trying to take their ad revenue.

ubSkJ.gif

Popping in after school and seeing Bayo 2 talk. I'm glad it's getting good scores, but sadly won't be able to play it for a while. I'm going up to New York City next week and I'm gonna be away from all my gaming stuffs. Won't be back home for a little bit.

That, and I don't exactly want to spend money on game for a system I don't even own right now. There's too many other games coming out.

ubSkJ.gif

Popping in after school and seeing Bayo 2 talk. I'm glad it's getting good scores, but sadly won't be able to play it for a while. I'm going up to New York City next week and I'm gonna be away from all my gaming stuffs. Won't be back home for a little bit.

That, and I don't exactly want to spend money on game for a system I don't even own right now. There's too many other games coming out.

TImesSquareNight_460.gif

empire-state-of-mind-1.gif

Welcome to NY!

360pages

I should probably review more, I still haven't been picked for a week at my writing area. Maybe next week.

Hell, most of my reviews and what not for the story came from me simply reviewing other peoples work and them returning the favor. Which is more then I can say for other sites.

The feeling when you want to play a game despite knowing that you have to go through shit that you aren't comfortable with.

I wanna go home and play more Isolation but dammit it's too spooky. And I know the next area I have to go through is medical, and I've heard enough stories from people about how the Alien stops fucking around at that point.

Oh well, I'll just get caught up on Shitstorm in the meantime...

Okingjrr

Jeez, I have way too much content to catch up on. 3 shitstorm videos, 4 by tomorrow, Guacamelee and FNF. 2much2handle!

I'll be done by tomorrow night if I put myself to it.

That actually is pretty different. A 2.5D game like Smash isn't having character models interact with the environment half as much as a Creed game. That said they should still be able to just grab the male rigging and change the walk cycle, even though it'd be a girl of the same height as the males.
Nice. What kind of mangos?

Update: Yay recovered the files I thought i lost.
Sweet, same happened to me a few times. Audacity LYFE.
Wonderful 101 is the most obvious game they have that has flaws, along with Vanquish, and probably MadWorld but I haven't played it. Core gameplay is basically always fantastic though. Their track record is insane.
ubSkJ.gif

Yo, that sounds sick. Have a good time.

Zenfalcia

Sweet, same happened to me a few times. Audacity LYFE.

I hate how I can't do this any faster than one track at a time. It's taking me ages to literally sync up everyone's exact words HELL even pronunciations.

Want to listen to what I have so far? Idk how I'll'll send it.. Maybe as an audacity file?

I don't want to post a half completed one for everyone to hear since it'll take a ton of extra effort.

Sorry about all the griping.. It's just.. I've spent too much time sitting here listening to audio tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom