• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there was just a preview showing of naruto the last in japan...i now venture once again into the depths of /a/ hoping that someone out there saw it and have spoiled it...pray that I return comrades
well since we are tolerant about Naruto to have civil discussions, we might as well have conversation here since the Naruto thread closed. Hopefully people from there won't wander here.

So DmC is not a terrible game at all. It's not as good as Devil May Cry 1, 3, or (to a lesser extent) 4, but that's mostly because of the combat.

Although his new character design is pretty bad compared to his old one. His normal, douchey outfit fits the game's gritty new tone, which is also lame. Taking the Devil May Cry story seriously instead of making it campy and nuts ruins what little Devil May Cry story there was. And there's an incredible overabundance of cursing to go along with it, which just gives the already unpleasant tone a twinge of mean that it really didn't need.
DmC isn't great, huh. But it's not BAD. It's good, just not very good.

demidar

So DmC is not a terrible game at all. It's not as good as Devil May Cry 1, 3, or (to a lesser extent) 4, but that's mostly because of the combat.

Although his new character design is pretty bad compared to his old one. His normal, douchey outfit fits the game's gritty new tone, which is also lame. Taking the Devil May Cry story seriously instead of making it campy and nuts ruins what little Devil May Cry story there was. And there's an incredible overabundance of cursing to go along with it, which just gives the already unpleasant tone a twinge of mean that it really didn't need.

The DMC series died for this though.

Trying to summon the infamous Ghost Pirate Guardian are we? I wish ye luck

On a side note, a thread for another YouTube channel based around video games went up on the gaming side today. I'm not going to say or do anything and I'm not bringing it up so someone can but, I am curious as to how it will play out

On a side note, a thread for another YouTube channel based around video games went up on the gaming side today. I'm not going to say or do anything and I'm not bringing it up so someone can but, I am curious as to how it will play out
Did it went up today? I'm looking through the NeoGAF's new thread twitter page and I'm not seeing it.

edit: Is it GameSack?

edit2: Yes, confirmed I seen some of their videos, but I don't think it would grow to a giant thread like us.

Dragon's Dogma is also dead.
I don't have a PS3, and so I can't play that game. I have been told by people I trust that it's amazing, though... I want it...
Trying to summon the infamous Ghost Pirate Guardian are we? I wish ye luck

I have no idea what you are talking about on either of those counts. I would like to be enlightened.

Wait, what?! Sting is in the WWE now?
tumblr_m9pipa4gw91qmf3xn.gif

Did it went up today? I'm looking through the NeoGAF's new thread twitter page and I'm not seeing it.

edit: Is it GameSack?
Yeah
I don't have a PS3, and so I can't play that game. I have been told by people I trust that it's amazing, though... I want it...

I have no idea what you are talking about on either of those counts. I would like to be enlightened.
IIRC GuardianE is known on GAF for his views on DmC, Or I could just be fucking everything up and misremembering the name. Pat talked about him once in a video or a podcast and said he was a pirate much to his dismay and we give him shit for it. I made him a ghost to spice up the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom