• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

Im only invested in Hinata and nothing else because most of the show is shit but I have hope for the movie cause it looks like its gonna be a cheesy shojo.

I stopped giving a fuck about naruto when people started coming back from the dead. But oddly enough.... I want to see how it ends.

I stopped giving a fuck about naruto when people started coming back from the dead. But oddly enough.... I want to see how it ends.
Well the manga is already over. This is just a movie showing how Naruto and Hinata finally got together since in the epilogue theyre married.

Christmas Merger Man reporting for duty.
So the ghost of Christmas past?
get it cause hes dead?
made_myself_sad_futurama.gif

I want to meet the art director from NOA/Capcpom that decided that Megaman 1 should look deformed and creepy.

I'd like to shake his hand for his terrible box art decisions.

Okingjrr

"Not the shitty Megaman 1 box art"/10

Jk, 9 and 10 is an awesome parody of these box arts.
As much as I love how terrible the boxart for 1 & 2 are, the one for 10 is freaking amazing and just oozes of 80 camp.

I want to meet the art director from NOA/Capcpom that decided that Megaman 1 should look deformed and creepy.

I'd like to shake his hand for his terrible box art decisions.
Imagine the conversation:

"Hey, we need a boxart for this game!"
"What's it about?"
"Huh, a guy with a gun who has to go up to a castle"
"Any specific color?"
"The title's yellow and the hero is blue. That good enough for ya?"
"Yeah, Gimme a sec... How's this?"
*Doesn't even look at it* "PERFEKT! Print it and ship it!"

Unrecognized request path!

Xiraiya

Ah yes....
That was a simpler time.... when I still liked Naruto.

I remember a moment from that part of the series that pisses me off, Sasuke at any point never cared about Sakura, but she does have one memory of a time when he was nice to her and they almost kissed.
However it was Naruto posing as him wanting to know what it'd be like for her to be nice to him for once.

But she never knew that.

So my conclusion is her crush of Sasuke is based on a lie, at best.

croten

I remember a moment from that part of the series that pisses me off, Sasuke at any point never cared about Sakura, but she does have one memory of a time when he was nice to her and they almost kissed.
However it was Naruto posing as him wanting to know what it'd be like for her to be nice to him for once.

But she never knew that.

So my conclusion is her crush of Sasuke is based on a lie, at best.

Naruto has terrible writing, who knew?

I've felt like a ghost the past couple of days. Sorry.

Also, I gotta rock this avatar for a bit longer, until I get back home. For some raisin, my laptop refuses to connect to the internet out here, in my work space, leaving me armed with only my tablet.

I didn't know people actually liked the Legend series.

Then again, I'm not a Megaman fan, so what do I know.
As a "Megaman fan", I can't say I cared for the little I played Legends. It's fine I guess.

Megaman covers a lot of years, genres, and games. The lack of Megaman recently is mostly noticeable because they used to make them like clockwork.

As a "Megaman fan", I can't say I cared for the little I played Legends. It's fine I guess.

Megaman covers a lot of years, genres, and games. The lack of Megaman recently is mostly noticeable because they used to make them like clockwork.

Frankly, I think it's high time for mega man to be retired. That was why we had received X.

The kids these days don't have any interest in playing as the megaman.

I like the Megaman games, just never became a Megaman nut. Probably why I don't follow Mighty No. 9.

But even as a babby, I didn't like the Legends games. They felt like bad Zelda ripoffs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So here's the problem I have with P4. I do terrible with games where your time is limited, and I get so overwhelmed with all the things you can do in P4 that I just kinda lock up. I'm always afraid I'm making the wrong choices, or that I'll mess up somewhere along the line and not realize it until 10 hours later when I can't get past a dungeon. I just get super stressed out with Persona games. That's why I quit P4 the first time I played it.

Xiraiya

So here's the problem I have with P4. I do terrible with games where your time is limited, and I get so overwhelmed with all the things you can do in P4 that I just kinda lock up. I'm always afraid I'm making the wrong choices, or that I'll mess up somewhere along the line and not realize it until 10 hours later when I can't get past a dungeon. I just get super stressed out with Persona games. That's why I quit P4 the first time I played it.

If you're kind of OCD about it, and have no way to effectively savescum or deal with save states etc. Start a game, don't even think about doing everything efficiently, just kind of go through it, learn where everything is and how everything works until you feel pretty efficient, use a guide even.

And then start fresh over and do a proper game.

Frankly, I think it's high time for mega man to be retired. That was why we had received X.
The kids these days don't have any interest in playing as the megaman.
Megaman changed genres so often because the mascot star power exceeded the appeal of the gameplay, in the eyes of Capcom and to consumers to a degree. Every thread of Megaman games are actually nearly wholly different. While a lot of us have positive feelings towards the blue bomber, I don't think Megaman games should die, they're actually quite good regardless of what character you slap in there.

Hell, Megaman 9 is the best 2D platforming Megaman in years, and that really recent.
I have that horribly with real-time time limits. Games like Majora's Mask and Dead Rising stress me out terribly. Persona isn't actually like that to me though. You have infinite time to decide what to do, and while I occasionally take 20 minutes to decide, your very limited options don't give me too much of the paradox of choice.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Persona 4 (Golden) is really generous with the time constraints. You have ample time to overprepare, really, and you can't really make any bad decisions unless you just completely ignore everyone. Rotating saves would probably help ease your mind too.

Megaman changed genres so often because the mascot star power exceeded the appeal of the gameplay, in the eyes of Capcom and to consumers to a degree. Every thread of Megaman games are actually nearly wholly different. While a lot of us have positive feelings towards the blue bomber, I don't think Megaman games should die, they're actually quite good regardless of what character you slap in there.

Hell, Megaman 9 is the best 2D platforming Megaman in years, and that really recent.

But the success of Shovel Knight just proved that it's not the 2D Platforming, but the assets used for the IP.

Fun times:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=938473
I got 27/80
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=938674
9/80

To be on topic, I think the best friends would do a lot better than me.

21/80 so far. As long as you enter the last name spelled correctly, the field will auto complete.

I had trouble spelling out the Tetris guy's name.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If you're kind of OCD about it, and have no way to effectively savescum or deal with save states etc. Start a game, don't even think about doing everything efficiently, just kind of go through it, learn where everything is and how everything works until you feel pretty efficient, use a guide even.

And then start fresh over and do a proper game.

I have that horribly with real-time time limits. Games like Majora's Mask and Dead Rising stress me out terribly. Persona isn't actually like that to me though. You have infinite time to decide what to do, and while I occasionally take 20 minutes to decide, your very limited options don't give me too much of the paradox of choice.

Persona 4 (Golden) is really generous with the time constraints. You have ample time to overprepare, really, and you can't really make any bad decisions unless you just completely ignore everyone. Rotating saves would probably help ease your mind too.

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just power through and make whatever decisions I make and see where it takes me. I tried using the IGN guide but by the time I started using it I was already a day behind on events due to devoting one day to grinding. Is there a guide out there that *just* tells me what S-Links/side-quests/etc. are available on specific days and doesn't try to advise on what decisions to make and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom