• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the success of Shovel Knight just proved that it's not the 2D Platforming, but the assets used for the IP.
I'm not sure I follow your argument. If you mean that it's about the gameplay mechanics and not Megaman as a character, I agree. The franchise of Megaman is irrelevant, though I personally care about the games and character, but I don't want to see the various game series he was a part of die out forever. Most of them are quite good on a mechanical level.
I'm... Kinda creeped out. Something about these anime highschoolers with full beards showing that maybe a dating sim based on YouTube celebrities isn't the best idea.

But fuck it, I can play as a pink haired anime girl and date Paul, the best Continue Husbando, so I'm down to not put money into it but play it if it comes out.
What sold me is ProJared doing the creepy chin in the pictures he shows to your anime girl character. Now I'm more hoping it hits the goal.

Also fuck you, Josh4lyfe

I'm not sure I follow your argument. If you mean that it's about the gameplay mechanics and not Megaman as a character, I agree. The franchise of Megaman is irrelevant, though I personally care about he games and character, but I don't want to see the various game series he was a part of die out forever. Most of them are quite good on a mechanical level.

Pretty much.

I'm not saying "kill Rockman forever" but considering Capcom used to shove iterations of the same game out the door, albeit with slight 2D mechanic changes, I'm apprehensive in giving Capcom more money for a character they don't particularly care about.

The canon of Megaman is so messy that it seems like a mascot and less of an important icon of the 8/16 bit era.

Shovel Knight showed me that it was the mechanics that I loved about the Megaman series, not the silly storyline between Dr. Light and Dr. Wily. I am just as uninvested in the story of Shovel Knight as I was of Megaman and Dr. Wily, but that's only me. I can't imagine everyone else feels the same way.

Okingjrr

I automatically know I would do terrible on that, there are just too many series I do not care about.

I don't really think it's a big deal if you don't know them, I know about the games I care about.
Though I do understand your point of view, it doesn't hurt to know guys from franchises you don't care about. They could've be people who've redefined gaming in their time.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Phediuk/video-game-designers

27/80

I blanked on Suda51 and on Will Wright =(

Will Wright I'm ashamed of. He's my absolute favorite game designer.

I blanked on Warren Spector... and I met the guy!
Felt terrible for some of those.

Pretty much.

I'm not saying "kill Rockman forever" but considering Capcom used to shove iterations of the same game out the door, albeit with slight 2D mechanic changes, I'm apprehensive in giving Capcom more money for a character they don't particular care about.

The canon of Megaman is so messy that it seems like a mascot and less of an important icon of the 8/16 bit era.
Actually, I don't really disagree, but I still love Megaman because I associate him with all the great games, even despite the meh or bad ones.

I grew up watching that Megaman cartoon. What an AMAZING SHOW.

Edit: I already love Shovel Knight for all the awesome shit they did too.

Xiraiya

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just power through and make whatever decisions I make and see where it takes me. I tried using the IGN guide but by the time I started using it I was already a day behind on events due to devoting one day to grinding. Is there a guide out there that *just* tells me what S-Links/side-quests/etc. are available on specific days and doesn't try to advise on what decisions to make and such?

I always default to Gamefaqs before other places as the odds are always incredibly low that other places will have more indepth guides, IGN always seems to be basic guides or video guides, both of which are just dumb.

Give me a nice indepth 800kb txt document of information I can sift through and look at when I need to know stuff.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I always default to Gamefaqs before other places as the odds are always incredibly low that other places will have more indepth guides, IGN always seems to be basic guides or video guides, both of which are just dumb.

Give me a nice indepth 800kb txt document of information I can sift through and look at when I need to know stuff.

Yeah, I prefer GameFAQs as well. I just defaulted to the IGN guide since it was the first Google result and I was just feeling a bit lazy I guess. :lol

360pages

I think the X series and Zero series is the first time I started to care about the story in Megaman.

I just want them to finish the ZX series since ZX advent left off on a cliffhanger.

joe2187

Banned
The third one had the best story, music, and boss fights.

Also the boss designs were fucking sick

Cant forget JapanMan.

JapanMan.jpg

Still waiting on If You Thought It Was Harem Paradise, It Was Actually Yandere Hell.

Yeah right, might as well just import...

I'm still waiting for that localization of Gakuen Heaven Boy's Love Panic.

On a different note, after hours of messing with settings, I was able to remove the hiss that my mic had been picking up making everything sound like garbage! Now it just sounds like a low quality mic!

I'm still waiting for that localization of Gakuen Heaven Boy's Love Panic.

On a different note, after hours of messing with settings, I was able to remove the hiss that my mic had been picking up making everything sound like garbage! Now it just sounds like a low quality mic!

YO I watched your video. The audio sounds like an oscillating fan is in the background.

Also, you need a third person. A Liam.

YO I watched your video. The audio sounds like an oscillating fan is in the background.

Also, you need a third person. A Liam.

Yeah, the sound has been a huge issue and I've hated it. But it'll be roughly 50% better now. We just need to work on other background noises and it'll be fine.

And nobody else we know has any interest in doing this, though we'd like to get more people to do it later.

Man, I love the s links in P3 because of how some of them are with people that are just shitty. Felt way more interesting than P4's idealized bullshit.

Better than what I've seen of 3's where it essentially forces you to socialize with people you would otherwise never approach with a 50 foot pole.

Man, I love the s links in P3 because of how some of them are with people that are just shitty. Felt way more interesting than P4's idealized bullshit.

I'm torn because it's authentic in some ways, but they're also shitty people I hate. I think your party does this best, where
Junpei
especially starts off an asshole, but becomes likeable.

Oberon

Banned

I find the Yumi ( drama girl) pretty funny

Better than what I've seen of 3's where it essentially forces you to socialize with people you would otherwise never approach with a 50 foot pole.

So basically a normal high school?
jk, I don't find any slink that terrible

I'm torn because it's authentic in some ways, but they're also shitty people I hate. I think your party does this best, where
Junpei
especially starts off an asshole, but becomes likeable.
It became all endearing in the end. Part of why I have such fondness for that particular game is that I played it during my senior year of high school and it was around that time I was ESPECIALLY tired of this shit and could do without having to see any of my classmates.

I went into P3 with the intent of being an asshole, came out of it liking the characters a lot, and in turn it kinda mellowed me out for my last semester of high school that I wasn't totally annoyed with everyone and their quirks.

Xiraiya

Junpei is kind of nothing, his relentless need to be wannabe leader is annoying, where is the option to just be like: "No, shut the fuck up, they found you crying on the street and you can only use one Persona, when you can fuse and collect more THEN maybe you can be in charge, otherwise sit down and let me get us through this in one piece."

Otherwise I don't hate him, he just needs to close his mouth.

I like Yukari well enough, more likable than Chie.

Clearly I'd be a great Persona Protagonist.

Junpei is kind of nothing, his relentless need to be wannabe leader is annoying, where is the option to just be like: "No, shut the fuck up, they found you crying on the street and you can only use one Persona, when you can fuse and collect more THEN maybe you can be in charge, otherwise sit down and let me get us through this in one piece."
To be fair, you're still SUPER early on that major character development for the main cast has yet to kick in, and Junpei himself gets quite a bit.

Clearly I'd be a great Persona Protagonist.
I'm sure almost everyone in this thread has thought that at least once.

I don't dislike Chie, but she is not as cool as the anime made her seem, so the hype about her being based on the game is a little bit baffling, Yukiko in the dub comes across way more bitchy than she's suppose to.

I actually found her supremely disappointing in the anime, because it was an annoying representation of a cool character. And yeah, I think 90% of the Yukiko hatred comes from her dub voice just making her sound like a bitch.

I'm sure almost everyone in this thread has thought that at least once.

Yeah, but it's true in my case. I'd be the best protag.

It became all endearing in the end. Part of why I have such fondness for that particular game is that I played it during my senior year of high school and it was around that time I was ESPECIALLY tired of this shit and could do without having to see any of my classmates.

I went into P3 with the intent of being an asshole, came out of it liking the characters a lot, and in turn it kinda mellowed me out for my last semester of high school that I wasn't totally annoyed with everyone and their quirks.
I actually played P4 vanilla my senior year as well and had a similar experience, though that game is way more bubblegum and lollipops, I went into it without expectations.
junpei > Yosuke
Very much so. Especially in that character arc. Yosuke is just kinda there.

Xiraiya

I definitely find Junpei a little more interesting than Yosuke, because Junpei at least has a backbone, even if he doesn't actually have the right to have one.

Wait. Hermit? Dude, what you got against
nerdy MMO playing Teachers
?
SPOILERS

I've got everything about that S-Link against that S-Link. Honestly, didn't get that far, I could not stand it so greatly that I didn't finish it, so that spoiler actually spoiled that for me. Fuck that shit.

Xiraiya

I actually found her supremely disappointing in the anime, because it was an annoying representation of a cool character. And yeah, I think 90% of the Yukiko hatred comes from her dub voice just making her sound like a bitch.

Does Chie get any more development way later after the whole Yukiko mess?
Because that just made her annoying, coupled with Yukiko herself being kind of weird and bitchy, the pair of them are kind of urgh after awhile.

Ignore him. He's well known to have poor taste.
So you would like to believe.

Does Chie get any more development way later after the whole Yukiko mess?
Because that just made her annoying, coupled with Yukiko herself being kind of weird and bitchy, the pair of them are kind of urgh after awhile.

In her S-Link you help her get over her asshole first crush, eat steak and karate fight gang members together until she finally realizes she wants to be a cop and you makeout, then go eat steaks again. It's the best development in the series,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom