• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

We said that about Yakuza......

It's never happening.
ehhh maybe.

Do you think we will get Steins;Gate: Hen'i Kuukan no Octet if it sells well enough? I have to know what happens even if it's noncanon.

edit: I actually meant Steins;Gate Senkei Kōsoku no Phenogram, but the other is good too.

ehhh maybe.

Do you think we will get Steins;Gate: Hen'i Kuukan no Octet if it sells well enough? I have to know what happens even if it's noncanon.

Probably not.

The only way I could ever see it coming over would be if it is bundled in this release, sort of how they did it with DanganRonpa 2.

Edit: Just say your edit there.
Still probably the same thing though, not likely to happen as a full release. If it were to come over, then it would be as a bundle, DLC, or a collection of all the side stories together.

Oh my god, oh my god this fucking cock teasing shit.
nCXmRYG.png

Strange that they would remaster DMC 4 of all things. I guess it did sell the best of the series though.

I saw the Dark Souls thing on facebook a bit ago. I thought there was something big dropped, like a remaster or something.

I keeped it tamed because im just a junior

Wait until you get full member, then the lewd can rise.

So for some reason the guy at gamestop gave me the preorder edition of ultimax and I got the tarot cards and the teddie bop bag.
Strange that they would remaster DMC 4 of all things. I guess it did sell the best of the series though.

I saw the Dark Souls thing on facebook a bit ago. I thought there was something big dropped, like a remaster or something.
Theyre adding Vergil to the game, and im guessing since the other 3 games have an HD version im guessing they needed to make a better version of 4 too

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
WTH, no madworld love in this group? You know frienders.... sometimes... I don't believe I know you...

1. Bayo
2. Revengeance
3. MADWORLD.... YEAHHH!
4. Vanquish
5. Anarchy

Of the ones I played.

Madworld is subpar compared to Platinum's other output. It had its moments with a fun gimmick, great commentary, and amazing music, but it just doesn't measure up as a game overall.

So for some reason the guy at gamestop gave me the preorder edition of ultimax and I got the tarot cards and the teddie bop bag.

Theyre adding Vergil to the game, and im guessing since the other 3 games have an HD version im guessing they needed to make a better version of 4 too

I only got about halfway through 4 anyway. Any excuse to German suplex stuff.

I've also just realized something: while the MODs really visit here, which let's us get away with some questionable stuff every now and again since we self-moderate, the likelihood of any of us getting tagged in this thread is really low.

We may never see tags.

Same here. I honestly don't care if one sounds better than the other. If the english isn't bad, just give me that. Its the language I understand best and the one I want to hear. Unless its english is Higurashi levels of bad, I honestly don't care which one gives a little more emotion or has grunts that sound better. Of course, if Japanese Dio is in the game, then that's the exception to the rule.
I still prefer having an option, but sometimes a lot of the fault is in the localization or translation, not the actor, I think. Especially with videogames.
Now that Mrgoodwil has appeared, here is a small continuation of last night's talk. Beware, huge KLK spoilers.
Glad to hear that! That being said...
I have to somewhat disagree with it being poorly handled or frustrating. This is only the case when the viewer isn't aware of Ryuko's overarching character tale and the multiple bumps are necessary because she is one of the few, if not the only character with actual significant character development in the entire show. Nearly everyone else, while lovable, is relatively simple, straight-forward, static as a character and only exist to fulfill a single purpose. That includes the beloved and very cool Satsuki, who practically doesn't grow as a person, but merely changes in the eyes of the viewer due to the initial lack of information about her plans and behavior.

Ryuko's struggles are necessary to give the story some actual weight and conflict and the fact that the vast majority of events revolve perfectly around that character trait made it quite enjoyable for me. If they were to decrease the amount of inner conflict the character has, they'd have to divide that development and responsibility to others as well. The way the show has been written right now however, she's basically the only person moving the story forward, hence the responsibility of conflict and purpose lay solely on her shoulders. That being said, I can understand it being frustrating when one's under the impression that she's just constantly flip-flopping without any overlying reasoning behind these events, so maybe they should have made that main theme (of which revenge is merely a part of) more clear.
Still Kill La Kill spoilers:
Maybe my complaint is just that the show just drags it out for too long then. I think maybe a 12 episode KLK could've been twice as rad by condenscing hat same character arc. The majority of the cast of characters are all static, but I think just conveying it slightly better as an ongoing progression of the character would've made my first impression and others a lot more positive.

It also likely matters that I really enjoyed comedy/slice of life elements the show had in the beginning especially, which didn't incorporate any character development, but took tropes and placed characters in various silly situations, kinda something like Panty and Stocking, though I guess you've never watched that... More like an episodic Saturday Morning Cartoon I suppose.

Regardless, I'm happy with Kill La Kill, and I want to reiterate you explained the reasons the people like Ryuko really well. Forgive any spelling errors, I'm on mobile.

360pages

So I'm going to read though the hobbit. I thought the book was going to be 600 pages. but it's less than half of that. Which makes me question why we need 3 long movies for a okay sized book.

Top Bottom