• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Hearts R |OT| With Our Vitas Combined

can i still get the preorder code if i buy the game now from namco store via amazon's payment?
i know it's supposed to be a preorder offer, but the details are still available at the site and i thought it maybe still valid

Zafir

Got the game a day early but DLC.TOHR.COM just doesn't work. Guess I'm not that fussed about costumes for the moment.

I'm stuck at Mount Grimm. The game is telling me it's the next place I need to go to continue the story but everywhere I look is a dead end, either a gap in the ground or a boulder blocking the way. Been running around for an hour

I'm stuck at Mount Grimm. The game is telling me it's the next place I need to go to continue the story but everywhere I look is a dead end, either a gap in the ground or a boulder blocking the way. Been running around for an hour
There's an area that has one boulder with a boulder above it. It should have had a quick little scene indicating the upper boulder. Go up to the upper boulder, hold X and push it forward. That will clear the path you need.
Are you pretending to be play dumb for no reason? I thought there was some issue with Amazon and it wouldn't be added to the OP. The fact that you're so uptight over such a meaningless comment is fucking hilarious.
I personally don't care, but Ryuukan was right. It was right in the OP. It said "retail exclusive."

Protag

Banned
Theres an image of costumes that are around online

Does this image contain both DLC and in game acquirable costumes or just DLC costumes?

I probably already know the answer, but where does this stand if I only care about gameplay?

I consider Destiny R and Graces to be God-tier and to be honest, after Graces I'm kind of burned out on the series (until I can get some Udo goodness again).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I probably already know the answer, but where does this stand if I only care about gameplay?

I consider Destiny R and Graces to be God-tier and to be honest, after Graces I'm kind of burned out on the series (until I can get some Udo goodness again).

It's kind of like a stripped down version of Abyss's battle system with free roaming.

Bladenic

Quite the understatement. :lol They were selling worse than even the worst selling Tales spin offs up to that point.

But Vita right? 😂

As for the gameplay, it's definitely not anything like Graces. I'd say it's maybe like Xillia (not as fluid though) but with a counter system and emphasis on aerial combat.

Xenus

This is my first Vita retail release and I have to say. The packaging is small but there is still so much waisted space inside. They could have like 6 to 9 games inside. But lord knows what you could read on a package even a 4th the size.

Bladenic

So I definitely prefer the big events in the middle of the game in the DS version. I also thought it was way cooler that (boss spoilers for both versions)
in the DS version you fought Incarose without Kohaku or Shing available. You didn't have to win though.

fates

Any updates on Namco Bandai store orders? It says get it by the 16th with Prime but I have Prime and it says the 18th still...

Bladenic

Can we talk about how (villain name spoiler)
Corundum
is the most annoying character ever. The voice holy shit make it stop

This is my first Vita retail release and I have to say. The packaging is small but there is still so much waisted space inside. They could have like 6 to 9 games inside. But lord knows what you could read on a package even a 4th the size.
I've really missed the manuals lately. It would be nice for companies to even just stick a little cheap promo art inside. But it's not worth the cost I guess.

Stuart444

I've really missed the manuals lately. It would be nice for companies to even just stick a little cheap promo art inside. But it's not worth the cost I guess.

We had a manual in the EU version. It was a nice surprise to me lol.

I've only just got Beryl in my party but I'm really enjoying the game so far. More than I expected to this early on at least.

My only issue just now is controls, I'm used to using analogue sticks (in the console games) to do artes so It's taking me a bit to get used to using the DPAD for them in this game.

Fauve

I've only just got Beryl in my party but I'm really enjoying the game so far. More than I expected to this early on at least.

My only issue just now is controls, I'm used to using analogue sticks (in the console games) to do artes so It's taking me a bit to get used to using the DPAD for them in this game.

You can change the controls to L+analogue for free run, and the analogue for artes as well.

Stuart444

You can change the controls to L+analogue for free run, and the analogue for artes as well.

Oh, will have to check that out. Might not change it though since I've been getting used to it but we'll see. Still have a lot of the game to go after all.

They misprinted on the card, correct address is: http://dlc-tohr.com/

So, either I'm being dumb or you still can't redeem it yet? I click on more info and it doesn't doesn't do anything for me - with or without adblock :S?

Edit- For those of you using firefox like me, a little box opens at the bottom left of the page. Just use internet explorer, it's much easier.

Would you mind posting a pic of the manual? I've never actually received a Vita manual...ever. Kinda curious what they look like!
brb-using-imagination-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2132.gif

Bladenic

The main villain's outfit is hilarious. At least now I get why one of the final battle themes is titled
Glitter! Like a Star

kewlmyc

Just got out of the mines and holy crap, I'm enjoying this game way more than I should. The combat is awesome, just slightly behind Graces f for me. Plus I'm liking the characters more than Graces. This might be my third favorite Tales game so far (Vesperia and Xillia 2 are above it).

If the original DS Hearts somehow has better combat than this, I definitely going to track down a way to play it.

Just got out of the mines and holy crap, I'm enjoying this game way more than I should. The combat is awesome, just slightly behind Graces f for me. Plus I'm liking the characters more than Graces. This might be my third favorite Tales game so far (Vesperia and Xillia 2 are above it).

If the original DS Hearts somehow has better combat than this, I definitely going to track down a way to play it.

What control scheme are you using? Default or the l to free roam?

Top Bottom