• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

Draugoth

Gold Member
Update 2:

It has been an insider civil war and no one know shit anymore

Update: IGN Corroborates

Draugoth Draugoth you should probably edit this into the OP.

GWLIU-EXEAAeGNA

Article:
Update (8/29): A source with knowledge of the situation has told me that contrary to previous reporting, and even departing from Game Science’s own statement, that the reason Black Myth: Wukong is not currently on Xbox is due to an exclusivity deal, not because of some sort of technical issue causing a delay in the release of the game.​

Black Myth Wukong is not currently on Xbox because of an exclusivity deal, not delayed because of any sort of technical issue, claims Forbes journalist

Information via Paul Tassi from Forbes:

A source with knowledge of the situation has told me that Black Myth: Wukong is not currently on Xbox because of an exclusivity deal, and is not delayed because of any sort of technical issue​

Jez Corden (Windows Central):

I'm sure I'll get apologies.

I was just reporting what Microsoft said but people attributed it to me cuz I was the only person to report it lol.

Last edited:

Dane

The only way I can think about this deal being secret is if they took the money after having announced all the platforms ala Stellar Blade (Project Eve back then) but it was so late by this point that they didn't want to start a fire publicly.

kevboard

then where did the info about Microsoft refusing verification due to a memory leak bug come from?

the game indeed seems to have memory leak issues as well, as some report that long play sessions on PS5 result in UI becoming unresponsive and frame drops increasing

Aenima

I think you're thinking of Phantom Blade: Zero.

Black Myth devs haven't spoken much about this other than their 'optimization' comment.
The devs coment about the xbox version delay cuz needed further optimization is all the proof you need. Not a trust me bro i know a guy. Paul Tassi is pretty much contradicting what the devs said by saying it was not delayed by a technical issue when thats the reason the devs said it was delayed.

Also what kind of exclusivity deal Sony has when reviewers dont even had access to the PS5 version. This game had a marketing deal with Nvidia.

Last edited:

Metnut

Sony should spend its money to get places like Naughty Dog and Bluepoint adequately staffed rather than paying millions for time exclusivity. These studios go forever between games. Surely some of this money could help them finally release a game.

StueyDuck

I think you're thinking of Phantom Blade: Zero.

Black Myth devs haven't spoken much about this other than their 'optimization' comment.
Doesn't that essentially refute it.

Meaning that making the game for Xbox is something they are wanting to do.

When jezzy poopoo and Paul tassi are the sources you may as well just quote some Randoms on Twitter. Those two chops don't know jack

Dane

It's always the Xbox guys who are somehow "insiders" regarding Sony deals.

They don't even know what their own side is doing ("Xbox is never going multiplatform!"), but somehow how they have the inside scoop on playstation.
Unironically its true, they are probably the ones with most of the information regarding Sony stuff, even Spheshal Nick leaked a whole State of Play earlier this year.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I dont believe he's right, Sony didnt market this likr Stellar Blade at all.

Same post on Era and r/Xbox has people believing it.
Oh, over in those parts, no question they’d believe it. I assumed more levelheaded folks were here, but nope, people easily are duped by stuff like this. It’s clearly nonsense, but you know…

Meanwhile, Sony (in the craziest of all historical moves) got this exclusively and decided to keep that fact to themselves.

Last edited:
The game can run on a PC weaker then a Xbox Series S and uses very little VRAM when doing so. It looks like dogshit, but when has that ever stopped a Series S version.

So what is the minimum amount of RAM you can have for the game and how does that compare to what Xbox series S has?

Last edited:
Top Bottom