• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Ken

Just hit level 17 and so far it's pretty good I hope I can get out of this Lumber town area soon though.

jEjeJJFysMEDM.png

Are you on GAF server? I'm in Lumbertown too on my warrior if you want to play.

Cmagus

Are you on GAF server? I'm in Lumbertown too on my warrior if you want to play.

Yeah that sounds good.My times are a little all over the place but I am on Dragonfall server.As for applying to the GAF guild I am not really sure how but I'll look into it.

Scum

Are there special glyphs in-game that I'm missing?? It's just that I'm staring at a Glyph builder and there's one (Glyph of Swift) circled in green and 1 point less than the one I have...

Coverly

NT is turning out to be a really fast instance if you go strait for the bosses. At some point I need to clear it all out though for a quest, just been lazy about it.

I tried fok hard mode for the first time with guildies on the weekend, and it was fairly easy. I died at the crab though, but that was because it decided to charge strait at me, I never stood a chance. The hard mode was really profitable though, I came away with like 1k worth of stuff. in regular mode i usually come out with 200-400k only.

Coverly

This is the only boss I like in NT, mainly because I can keep its attention on me.
sootient2.jpg

Anyone know an easy way to tank the first boss in NT? Tank it at the stairs? By the wall? He moves way too much.

Almost lvl 44, can't wait to wear some new pieces.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This is the only boss I like in NT, mainly because I can keep its attention on me.

Anyone know an easy way to tank the first boss in NT? Tank it at the stairs? By the wall? He moves way too much.

When you first walk into the room, I run all the way to the right against the wall. The spikes are close enough where you can leash him onto them for nice damage. I tell the ranged and melee to stack near me and the healer stands close to the side. That keeps him right by everyone for a quick kill.

Jomjom

Banned
You can also submit an application to the believe guild. Even though serena is away, an officer can accept you into the clan. just make sure to say you're a gaffer.

Sorry for all the questions, but how do I apply for the guild? Do I just do it here on this thread?

Jomjom

Banned
You can apply in-game. Instructions can be found here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471546

Ahhh I see. Thanks so much for the info! Applying when I get home.

So far I've created a dog Lancer and a high elf Slayer. Do those two jobs fill any needs in the GAF guild? I'm pretty much willing to play whatever job we need for events or whatnot. I'll level whichever is a greater need to max level first or start another class altogether.

With the next patch (August 22nd) they're lowering the cost of glyphs from Temple of Temerity. So I wouldn't turn anything in between now and then.

Relevant info here.

Rinoa

Kept getting crappy race swimsuit boxes so ended up buying from auction, they made it way too hard (rare) and too short an event, most my friends missed it and I barely got on for it.

cilonen

So far I've created a dog Lancer and a high elf Slayer. Do those two jobs fill any needs in the GAF guild? I'm pretty much willing to play whatever job we need for events or whatnot. I'll level whichever is a greater need to max level first or start another class altogether.

Endgame is really short on lancers who know what they're doing, so you're good. The key, of course is to play what you enjoy though.

If Lancer really isn't working out for you, try something else, have fun above all!

Ken

Kept getting crappy race swimsuit boxes so ended up buying from auction, they made it way too hard (rare) and too short an event, most my friends missed it and I barely got on for it.

I just bought them from the shop.

u.u

NT was fun for tanking. Trash mobs were boring though.

I just tank the first boss around where he starts in the middle of the room so I can get a taunt off easier if he runs.

Squalltdx

sootient2.jpg

lol, I'm in that screenshot somewhere :p

Coverly

Honestly play the one you like best, because if you do then that means you'll be more active. There is no point if you're a lancer and you don't log on often because you don't like the class that much. Lancers are always welcomed, but I also see lots of "need one more dps" for groups, so there is something for everyone.

If you do roll a lancer, make it a point to shout for a quest leveling group or duo. It's so slow to solo. Also make sure you do a fair amount of instances so you're used to what will basically become your endgame.

Thanks for the tank advice Nicoga, Ken. Right now what I'm practicing is pulling him to the spikes consistently and finding the best angle for that.

lol, I'm in that screenshot somewhere :p

lol nice. That was actually a really good group. dps was fast and you guys evaded aoes well enough. Shame the picture didn't capture more people, just that one guy casting on the left, but it's hard to get a screenshot when you're next to the wall.

Is the GAF PVP guild dead on Valley of Titans? I see over 100 members but rarely see them anywhere or posting in the thread.

How active is PVP on Dragonfall (GvG, Deathmatches)?

NeOak

Is the GAF PVP guild dead on Valley of Titans? I see over 100 members but rarely see them anywhere or posting in the thread.

How active is PVP on Dragonfall (GvG, Deathmatches)?

No clue about the VoT branch, but it looks dead to me too.

As for Dragonfall, GvG is basically dead other than for vanarchy, but the Penny Arcade guild has a set of deathmatches every friday after nexus. They are somewhat popular.

Coverly

So are the spikes on the crab boss for fok hm really random? If there is a set pattern I want to go ahead an memorize it so that I can start moving to the appropriate side ahead of time. If there is a pattern, can someone post the sequence?

For the last boss in bt hm, is there anything different that a healer has to do in comparison to normal mode?

Oh, one more question: I don't have any repeatable quests on NT like i did with CR, did I miss a quest somewhere? Where can I pick them up if they exist?

cilonen

So are the spikes on the crab boss for fok hm really random? If there is a set pattern I want to go ahead an memorize it so that I can start moving to the appropriate side ahead of time. If there is a pattern, can someone post the sequence?

For the last boss in bt hm, is there anything different that a healer has to do in comparison to normal mode?

Oh, one more question: I don't have any repeatable quests on NT like i did with CR, did I miss a quest somewhere? Where can I pick them up if they exist?

It's north side, south side, south side, north side, repeat i.e. NSSN, NSSN.... The time intervals between drills firing are 60 seconds, then 30, then 30 too *I think*; I don't worry too much about the timings. It helps if one of the dps can stun crab right after a drill attack so people can begin to swap sides if required.

I've done BTHM once. If you're the only ranged person, then auricadis will constantly try to nuke you with the laser. As soon as you see the purple lock-on, dodge to the side; if there's an archer or sorc then they'll share the laser pain with you. The dps race begins a bit higher too, 35% boss health IIRC.

The pool timings on the red kuma are a bit tighter too, if you get out of there too quick the minions will just follow you, head for the steps when the countdown is at about 2 and you should be good.

All the fireball timings are different on the force-field kuma too; there are different safe zones and different tactics if you get targetted.

Not sure about NT repeatables tho, sorry.

Coverly

It's north side, south side, south side, north side, repeat i.e. NSSN, NSSN.... The time intervals between drills firing are 60 seconds, then 30, then 30 too *I think*; I don't worry too much about the timings. It helps if one of the dps can stun crab right after a drill attack so people can begin to swap sides if required.

I've done BTHM once. If you're the only ranged person, then auricadis will constantly try to nuke you with the laser. As soon as you see the purple lock-on, dodge to the side; if there's an archer or sorc then they'll share the laser pain with you. The dps race begins a bit higher too, 35% boss health IIRC.

The pool timings on the red kuma are a bit tighter too, if you get out of there too quick the minions will just follow you, head for the steps when the countdown is at about 2 and you should be good.

All the fireball timings are different on the force-field kuma too; there are different safe zones and different tactics if you get targetted.

Not sure about NT repeatables tho, sorry.

Thanks for all the advice. Yeah the youtube guide I initially used said that it was random spikes so I believed it. I guess I should have just asked the groups I was in to save stress.

If it wasn't for that cannon BT would be just as fun as FoK. It's the aiming that makes it hard, either by controller or keyboard it's just too clunky. It should be smoother and easier to aim.

Scum

It's funny to see the prices of the Tier 12 Rebirth gear on the AH. I remember the gloves and boots going for around 300g each. Now they're both selling for around 50g.
Thank you based drops. :lol

cilonen

Thanks for all the advice. Yeah the youtube guide I initially used said that it was random spikes so I believed it. I guess I should have just asked the groups I was in to save stress.

If it wasn't for that cannon BT would be just as fun as FoK. It's the aiming that makes it hard, either by controller or keyboard it's just too clunky. It should be smoother and easier to aim.

I'm not an Auricadis fan at all :)

Thinking about it, the crab drills might just be n,s,s repeat... I can't remember if it does north twice in a row! I've not run one in a week or so as my D/C's have been too frequent for about a week, don't want to piss people off by D/Cing in the middle of a DPS race.

Coverly

It's funny to see the prices of the Tier 12 Rebirth gear on the AH. I remember the gloves and boots going for around 300g each. Now they're both selling for around 50g.
Thank you based drops. :lol

I really like the overall drop in prices. Good for alts and enchanting. Not so good when you get a great drop and you could only sell it for nowhere near what it used to sell for.

Cilonen, I'll check with others in guild chat to see if it's a nss patter, at least it should be easier this weekend to queue up for it.

NeOak

Alright, I closed registrations for the guild (got tired of having 20 applications and no one online so i could interview them). That means the invites have to be manually done (/ginvite <name>)

If I kicked you from the guild due to inactivity, you can ask me (Serena), nicoga3000 (Nicoga) or Ragingnight (Leixia) to be invited to the guild.

In case none of the three above are online, ask Cilonen (Astarea) or Coverly (Sooty/Sootie) to get an officer to invite you.

We are ready to do the Nexus Raid when its available this friday.

cilonen

Alright, I closed registrations for the guild (got tired of having 20 applications and no one online so i could interview them). That means the invites have to be manually done (/ginvite <name>)

If I kicked you from the guild due to inactivity, you can ask me (Serena), nicoga3000 (Nicoga) or Ragingnight (Leixia) to be invited to the guild.

In case none of the three above are online, ask Cilonen (Astarea) or Coverly (Sooty/Sootie) to get an officer to invite you.

We are ready to do the Nexus Raid when its available this friday.

I'm away for an extended weekend this weekend :-/ ... spectacular timing. I'll be out Thursday through Monday, may get back on Monday evening GMT. Depending on when the patch hits and how large it is to download I might not make it on Wednesday either.

I'll have the laptop with me, but it'll melt if I go anywhere near a Nexus!

So apparently the Queen of Argon has been killed in Korea. Like every other endgame boss fight it's a DPS and healing race. If they don't buff zerker soon I'll probably stop logging in just to buy Chronoscrolls, I don't actually want to level slayer from 0 to 60 with all the servers dead. And you basically have to have a priest for that fight, mystic healing simply is not adequate.

NeOak

So apparently the Queen of Argon has been killed in Korea. Like every other endgame boss fight it's a DPS and healing race. If they don't buff zerker soon I'll probably stop logging in just to buy Chronoscrolls, I don't actually want to level slayer from 0 to 60 with all the servers dead. And you basically have to have a priest for that fight, mystic healing simply is not adequate.

Dead? For leveling kinda. Dragonfall still has a lot of people leveling alts.

Coverly

I think you can get to 60 in no time. But then you will have the battle the rng again to get to +9 again or higher.

Besides the queen update, is anything coming after? I don't think I've seen what they plan for the next update or schedule. Is there a place to look this up?

Had the best and the worst pug fok hms this weekend:
badfokhm.jpg

That's the first boss, chasing me down to the portal entrance. On this group, in our first try after all 4 towers were gone the boss still had over 30% health. We all died, tank was pissed, took him 10 mins to come back. Second attempt and the tank hits the boss before we were all in! So he rage quit and the boss chased me down but reset at the end of the bridge.

Next day though another fok hm group was perfect. No deaths, fast dps.

On a fok normal run I messed up though and didn't hit the tower on time, 2 dead. Rezzed them and 2 towers later one was destroyed by the boss, no deaths thankfully. The rest of the run was easy, good thing everyone was forgiving on that first boss.

On NT, had a great group and we finally cleared the whole dungeon. Those skeleton mages are a pain.

cilonen

I think you can get to 60 in no time. But then you will have the battle the rng again to get to +9 again or higher.

Besides the queen update, is anything coming after? I don't think I've seen what they plan for the next update or schedule. Is there a place to look this up?

Had the best and the worst pug fok hms this weekend:
badfokhm.jpg

That's the first boss, chasing me down to the portal entrance. On this group, in our first try after all 4 towers were gone the boss still had over 30% health. We all died, tank was pissed, took him 10 mins to come back. Second attempt and the tank hits the boss before we were all in! So he rage quit and the boss chased me down but reset at the end of the bridge.

Next day though another fok hm group was perfect. No deaths, fast dps.

On a fok normal run I messed up though and didn't hit the tower on time, 2 dead. Rezzed them and 2 towers later one was destroyed by the boss, no deaths thankfully. The rest of the run was easy, good thing everyone was forgiving on that first boss.

On NT, had a great group and we finally cleared the whole dungeon. Those skeleton mages are a pain.

There's a whole area north of Fey Forest / Blightwood / Lumbertown (but still on the same continent south of the river that runs east-west) which is all done except for mob packs - Baldera IIRC, city is called Balderon I think. There's a way to sneak over the mountains up by Bastion of Lok and go unofficially check it out, but I've not been. That's supposed to be the next zone to open in December and it's a levelling /questing zone for the increased level cap supposedly.

After QoA2 K-Tera and us are at the same point so content updates should be more universal from here out.

And man, I know what you mean about those casters in NT.

Edit: Forgot to comment on the pic, wonderful! I had someone Leeroy Jenkins the first boss on my first PUG run through NM on Fane too, I'd run it a couple times with guildmates, but first pug and little jimmy tank just steamed straight in.

Ricker

Sorry I haven't been playing much guys,I am at the trailer park 5 or 6 days a week lately with a crappy Wifi connection only hehe...I am only level 46 anyway so I couldnt help you guys for the end game stuff obviously...Summer season ends on the 15th of September,I will probably resub for another month at least then as I want to reach 60 with my Sorcerer at least.

Hey look, just like in Korea, literally everybody else got small or huge changes except zerkers!

Seriously Bluehole, just delete the zerker class and convert us all to slayers. For fucks sakes.

edit: Oh, huh. There was a second zerker buff in the August 16th K-Tera patch. Well, I guess I'll be buying a Chronoscroll this month after all. The second zerker buffs lets you block cancel out of Cyclone! No more spinning around in circles unable to prevent your own inevitable death when a boss decides to break your skull in the middle of a Cyclone! They modified T-strike too, instead of 2 hits (1 big and 1 small) they now have it down to 1 hit. We'll see what kinds of DPS changes that makes. I still don't understand why Bluehole is happy to make a million changes to the other classes instantly and all at once but they are SLOWLY and ARDUOUSLY adding buffs to zerkers at a GLACIAL PACE. What is so special about zerkers which warrants this different and worse treatment, anyways?

NeOak

So the servers are up and there is a lot of content. Battlegrounds have a lot of stuff to get.

Now to level up damn crafting D:

Top Bottom