• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Oh okay, let's try this. I haven't played a lot lately other than Nexus and collecting eggs/chests, because I find grinding FoK and BT for gear not very fun.

Coverly

So the servers are up and there is a lot of content. Battlegrounds have a lot of stuff to get.

Now to level up damn crafting D:

cool. How big was the update?

Cilonen thanks for the NSS spike advice, I've been able to move around like a boss now because of it.

So when a character hits 60, what gear should they be getting now? Go strait to t14 or do t12 +6 and then jump to t14?

NeOak

Gotta say, the battleground is pretty hectic. I'm grinding it because i like it and doing instances with this lag is just stupid.

Coverly

Right before the last boss in AC ;_;

Same, we were on a boss on AC, down to 18%, when it went down.
The problem is that the rest of the party was from another server lol. They probably died ;_;

Can someone break down the top spin boss and the last boss in AC?

for the Top Spin:
1. There is a pylon that flies in a circle on the edges. If it detects you what happens? Kill it?
2. When the boss says "there is more than meets the eye" or something like that, can only the tank survive that hit?
3. There is a ball flying around and if it stops on you it will open up to reveal a mob that will try to hit you. I noticed that when a fighter kills the mob, it explodes killing anyone nearby. So have ranged destroy it?

for the last boss:
1. Any tips besides killing the worms asap?
2. when do you burn?

NeOak

Same, we were on a boss on AC, down to 18%, when it went down.
The problem is that the rest of the party was from another server lol. They probably died ;_;

Can someone break down the top spin boss and the last boss in AC?

for the Top Spin:
1. There is a pylon that flies in a circle on the edges. If it detects you what happens? Kill it?
2. When the boss says "there is more than meets the eye" or something like that, can only the tank survive that hit?
3. There is a ball flying around and if it stops on you it will open up to reveal a mob that will try to hit you. I noticed that when a fighter kills the mob, it explodes killing anyone nearby. So have ranged destroy it?

for the last boss:
1. Any tips besides killing the worms asap?
2. when do you burn?

1. Pylon can't be killed.
2. I think that one can kill the tank.
3. Gotta kite them until they explode.

1. No, gotta have a ranged dps on them so they dont multiply
2. No idea, just did it once.

Westlo

Oh okay, let's try this. I haven't played a lot lately other than Nexus and collecting eggs/chests, because I find grinding FoK and BT for gear not very fun.

Pretty much why I stopped playing this and returned to WoW... the entire way they do end game gear here is just horrific..

Coverly

1. Pylon can't be killed.
2. I think that one can kill the tank.
3. Gotta kite them until they explode.

1. No, gotta have a ranged dps on them so they dont multiply
2. No idea, just did it once.

Thanks. On that spin top, we did one with no deaths yesterday. they ran to the edges when it did the 'more than meets the eyes' and for the pylon, if it detects you longer than a few seconds it will summon that ball mob, so if you're ranged just move around in a circle to keep out of range.

The last boss got me twice with the purple laser it does in a circular fashion. Not enough time to go near the boss and circle into safety. But it also has a certain range, one time i was far away enough to not get hit by it.

other than that AC hasn't been good drop-wise. No priest stuff at all.

The price really dropped on Master Enig Scrolls ;_; They used to be 250 gold or higher before tuesday and yesterday they were selling for around 150.

I didn't get to try battlegrounds, anyone have any impressions?

Coverly

Wow, Tera got its only major update for that looks like the rest of the year and the thread is all the way back on page 3 lol.

Neoak, or any priest, what path should i follow on my priest? go buy all t13 and get it up to +6 specifically for pvp and keep my t12 for current dungeon runs? or get t13 that is for both pvp and pve?

On the lancer, I can now run Golden labyrinth and Akasha's Hideout. Anyone have any opinions on these two? Guild said run AH over GL, but I need to stock up on those potions if I want to do AH over and over.

Also I'm not liking the RE bar. It's going to take some time to get used to it.

NeOak

Well, GW2 is coming soon and not many gaffers play TERA anymore.

If you want to do PvE, get T13 and enchant it to at least +6. T12s don't cut it anymore.

As for both PvE and PvP armor, the Battlegrounds set only has PvP stats. This means that they separated PvE from PvP.

NeOak

So, did the Nexus Raid

iblCJCAnRakdKN.jpg

i8NwTKiTPMYAn.jpg

We cleared Zulfikar Fortress first and then did the raid. Even had to increase the capacity of our mumble server to handle the 2 raid parties.

EDarkness

Good to see people still playing. I logged on yesterday to find that I'm guildless which is probably for the better. I think TERA is one of those games I have to play alone. Kinda funny since it's an MMO. Maybe this weekend I'll need to level up a bit. I'd like to try the new dungeons, but I'm only level 30. :(

NeOak

Good to see people still playing. I logged on yesterday to find that I'm guildless which is probably for the better. I think TERA is one of those games I have to play alone. Kinda funny since it's an MMO. Maybe this weekend I'll need to level up a bit. I'd like to try the new dungeons, but I'm only level 30. :(

Alright, I closed registrations for the guild (got tired of having 20 applications and no one online so i could interview them). That means the invites have to be manually done (/ginvite <name>)

If I kicked you from the guild due to inactivity, you can ask me (Serena), nicoga3000 (Nicoga) or Ragingnight (Leixia) to be invited to the guild.

In case none of the three above are online, ask Cilonen (Astarea) or Coverly (Sooty/Sootie) to get an officer to invite you.

Coverly

;_; I forgot to upload the screenshots I took over the weekend for the nexus raids.

So on the opening weekend of guild wars 2 did anyone notice less activity? While in a random pug group I asked if any one of them got the game and two said the game sucks while one said he will try it out.

Finally did Nexus over the weekend. So. Many. People. I have to say, the guild has this down like clockwork. But after two nexus the only healer drop was a glove and i lost (curse you serena!). Still, very cool to travel with the guild.

I think resolved killed my enthusiasm for tanking. I went from doing awesome with minimal damage and keeping everything in order to staring down at a boss who was going to do another super move and not being able to block because I had no resolve. Even with glyphs for resolve, it didn't help much. Tanked 3 times on the weekend on AH and died 8 times.

For the tanks that have adapted and mastered resolve, any tips? what's your opinion on resolve?

I REALLY want to play this game again, but got stuck at 45 or so grinding quests. Love the combat, love the animations, love the graphics... just wish the rest of the gameplay was there.

Is there anything neat to do with the latest patch - is it worth getting to 60?

I'm one of those odd ones that wasn't too terribly impressed with Guild Wars 2, and I'm really itching to either go back to this or Secret World.

Hell, even Vindictus is on the plate. :)

Coverly

I REALLY want to play this game again, but got stuck at 45 or so grinding quests. Love the combat, love the animations, love the graphics... just wish the rest of the gameplay was there.

I'm one of those odd ones that wasn't too terribly impressed with Guild Wars 2, and I'm really itching to either go back to this or Secret World.

What class did you play?

As for the patch, tank and warrior got some very notable changes. They put in battlegrounds (pvp) that you can queue for, and added more dungeon instances to do at 60.

I-I'm patching Tera with QoA2! H-here I go!

God speed! Let me know if people are actually playing. The last time I logged in after the update, the server felt completely dead. When Valley of Titans is arguably the most populated server in the game and all the major cities of congregation are empty after a major title update on the weekend, things can't be good... and that was before Guild Wars 2.

Global chat was even filled with people talking about how dead the other servers were because everyone transferred to Valley...

I was going to try Battlegrounds but none of my friends were online and it looks like some of them haven't even changed zones since I more less stopped playing back in June, which means they have probably moved on. My guild kicked me due to inactivity, so now I'm alone in the world and so out of practice, I'm scared to go out and do dailies, let alone run hard modes and I don't even want to think about getting into the grind again. I feel completely unmotivated to play this.

Coverly

Finally got around to uploading the weekend pictures.

This was nexus on Sunday I think

nexus1.jpg

And here is the instance right after,

nexus2.jpg

Robok, why don't you transfer to our server for a bit? It's pve, but there are plenty of players and there are a lot of people doing battlegrounds.

cilonen

If you get stuck on BAM quests up to the mid 50's or so, hit me (Astarea) up and I'll come help. I'm on GMT time, so I'm usually around in the mornings US time.

What class did you play?

As for the patch, tank and warrior got some very notable changes. They put in battlegrounds (pvp) that you can queue for, and added more dungeon instances to do at 60.

I was playing a sorceror. I tried all the classes and this one seemed to gel with me the most. I have no issues with sorceror.... I just got a bit bored with the endless questing. I had fun with dungeons, though I could tell that running them over and over was the norm.

Do I just need to get to 60 and start doing pvp?

This was nexus on Sunday I think

nexus1.jpg

And here is the instance right after,

nexus2.jpg

Robok, why don't you transfer to our server for a bit? It's pve, but there are plenty of players and there are a lot of people doing battlegrounds.

You can't transfer between PvP and PvE servers.

cilonen

I was playing a sorceror. I tried all the classes and this one seemed to gel with me the most. I have no issues with sorceror.... I just got a bit bored with the endless questing. I had fun with dungeons, though I could tell that running them over and over was the norm.

Do I just need to get to 60 and start doing pvp?

Pretty much. Look out for decent PvP gear once you get there - don't worry about looking for gear before you hit 60.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

This was nexus on Sunday I think.

Yay, I'm in the pics!

You'd get better framerate during Nexus if you turned down graphics and turn off those names. I do that and still only get 2fps :/

Coverly

Yay, I'm in the pics!

You'd get better framerate during Nexus if you turned down graphics and turn off those names. I do that and still only get 2fps :/

Yeah, most of the time it was a slide show. I'll lower it down significantly next time. Just wanted to see how it would look like on normal settings. Turns out mostly everyone was grey'ed out.

Ethics, buddy up with someone to knock those quests out. There aren't that many guildies under 60 though, but for the few that are I bet you can talk to them and do some sort of leveling plan. If you get to 50 I can duo with you on my lancer and get to 60 in no time. From 35 to 60 I was always grouping with one or two people for quests, didn't solo too much.

but at 60, yeah, it's gear up(expensive), run a lot of dungeons over and over. You can do battlegrounds though, but I don't know how much mileage you'll get out of that.

Unknown, have you given it a try after the patch already?

Ken

So playing GW2 makes me miss the character designs and animations of Tera and I kind of want to start a new character. Any suggestions on best class to choose for someone with half a second to a second delay because of lag? Makes playing my Lancer and Slayer difficult so I'm thinking a ranged class?

Unknown, have you given it a try after the patch already?

I did login for a bit after patching to find that my guild on VoT are still vanarchs and there's still 20-30 active players. I was honestly a bit surprised to find that many still active.

I'm still trying to figure out how to un-censor Elins now. Apparently the modder who used to make the un-censor mods has quit Tera and so isn't modding anymore. I do find it hilarious that they never bothered to censor the swimsuits in the first place, but they did bother to censor the T13/T14 armor sets. I just don't get Bluehole sometimes, you would think they have something better to do than continue to add censoring.

NeOak

Err, I see a lot of people have left the guild in the past 2 days...what happened?

We don't really know :-/

They left without giving any reasons at all. They were people that I spoke to everyday on mumble, so I was confused at first too.

What I can gather is that they left because they wanted to focus on gear and didn't want to help the people in the guild. All the reasons they gave to other people were BS, so I believe they were planning to do it for a while anyway.

TBH, their loss. We aren't #1 in the voting leaderboard on Arun for nothing.

cilonen

So playing GW2 makes me miss the character designs and animations of Tera and I kind of want to start a new character. Any suggestions on best class to choose for someone with half a second to a second delay because of lag? Makes playing my Lancer and Slayer difficult so I'm thinking a ranged class?

Playing an Archer with lag will make you want to tear your hair out unfortunately.

What do you guys mean by lag?

When I used to play the only lag I experienced was a few times where you couldn't pick up drops and the chat died.

But combat itself was completely unaffected and remained crisp.

After playing GW2 for a bit I'm not sure if I want to continue.

Kind of getting bored with the combat + lag. It doesn't hit all the right notes required for me to play it for a long time.

I am thinking of returning to TERA.

cilonen

When I used to play the only lag I experienced was a few times where you couldn't pick up drops and the chat died.

Kind of getting bored with the combat + lag. It doesn't hit all the right notes required for me to play it for a long time.

My experience with lag in TERA has been variable. Most of the time it's fine and unnoticeable even playing on the US servers from the UK. A month or so ago, when you hit rough patches it would just freeze* and eventually D/C you, or freeze* for a noticeable period, then re-sync and suddenly you'd be in a different position with monsters beating the crap out of you.

*freeze as in, the world would stop, but you could still move around, monsters would do their animations in a static position, but you couldn't trigger a skill or interact with anything...

Now it seems like they've smoothed it out somehow, so there are no big de-syncs, but you might rubberband a little for a while or you'll fire off a skill only to hear it hit, see the damage come up *then* see the animation of your toon firing.

I found the way it used to be far more troubling than how it is now, but it's still a little jarring trying to get lock, fire off a skill and dodge/ backstep if there's a quarter to half a second delay between you triggering an action and it happening.

Coverly

I think Ken mentioned before that the place that he moved to does not give him the same great connection to Tera that he used to have. Now he has noticeable lag, but he still wants to play.

Ken, I would say go Sorc if you are going to go ranged. Doe aoe attacks and when you do group, just let them know you lag a bit.

For me the only time I got major lag was after the queen update, but it's fine now.

Since you already bought gw2, you can always go back to it since it has no subscription model. My wife loves gw1/gw2, so we play here and there until she's satisfied and then I log back to Tera.

Yesterday I tank solo'ed my first bam quest at lvl 49. It took time, but it wasn't as long as I thought it would be. I would have grouped, but no one ran by during that hour it took to complete the quest.

I think Ken mentioned before that the place that he moved to does not give him the same great connection to Tera that he used to have. Now he has noticeable lag, but he still wants to play.

Ken, I would say go Sorc if you are going to go ranged. Doe aoe attacks and when you do group, just let them know you lag a bit.

For me the only time I got major lag was after the queen update, but it's fine now.

Since you already bought gw2, you can always go back to it since it has no subscription model. My wife loves gw1/gw2, so we play here and there until she's satisfied and then I log back to Tera.

Yesterday I tank solo'ed my first bam quest at lvl 49. It took time, but it wasn't as long as I thought it would be. I would have grouped, but no one ran by during that hour it took to complete the quest.

I see.

The no subscription thing is definitely a bonus.

With that Queen update, did that include the new stamina bar for Warriors/Lancers?

I'm just reminiscing on my time with the game, fighting BAM's, running from players in various areas who decided they wanted to pk me because there were two of them and one of me, doing instances and tanking, fun times.

It's a good game, the combat is definitely an ace in the MMO genre.

Ken

I press attack and the attack comes out several seconds later. Makes it hard to dodge and stuff. Game was lag free when I was in the States and got a Slayer and Lancer up to 40+ but now that I moved the lag makes it pretty difficult to play compared to a more traditional MMO combat system like SWTOR and GW2.

EME is working on allowing PVP to PVE transfers (PVE to PVP will not be allowed), so I would definitely consider this if they ever get around to doing it. I would be really reluctant to lose the character names of my main and all of my alts though. :(

Are you in the GAF guild?

Top Bottom