• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Coverly

Are you in the GAF guild?

No but we want to. I just saw that there were problems with inviting people and that there was a long waiting list so I was waiting till all of that died down. I've seen gaffers run around here and there, but that's about it.

Neoak, I went to the tera believe forum and filled out that survey you wanted. I also saw that the forum was semi-active, that was good to see.

cilonen

So. Server merges this month, the vanarchy resets and you only get to keep your name (if someone merging in already has it) if you manage to log in first and claim it. Character and guild names are up for grabs.

Fucking brilliant EME.

NeOak

So. Server merges this month, the vanarchy resets and you only get to keep your name (if someone merging in already has it) if you manage to log in first and claim it. Character and guild names are up for grabs.

Fucking brilliant EME.

OJOiJOijDOAI:SJHDOIASHJD:OPASHJD:OSAH:OIDJHASOIDJ

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Damn EME fucking the game

Reikon

It might actually be a good thing for getting names since it would free up any names taken by OBT and trial accounts. It's a name grab all over again.

I think precedence should be given to those with current active subscriptions and those that have held their names the longest. Making post server merger name claims a first-come-first-serve free-for-all grab, and on a regular work day, would be a complete and total fuck up. One of the major pre-order incentives was being able to reserve your character name.

They should definitely free up all those inactive OBT names though. They promised to do that a while ago.

Coverly

From the faq:

Which servers will be merged?

The following servers will be merged into 1 (currently unnamed) PVP server:
Basilisk Crag
Feral Valley
Jagged Coast
Valley of Titans
The following servers will be merged into 1 (currently unnamed) PVE server:
Arachnaea
Blightwood
Dragonfall
Freeholds
Serpentis Isle
Frost Reach

Celestial Hills will not be merging into any other server and will remain how it is currently.

So going down to just 3 servers?
Why does CH get spared? Is there a lot of activity on that server?

Didn't feel like playing this weekend. On Thursday and Friday I ran about 6 hrs worth of instances and all I got from them was a green boot drop. Screw that.

cilonen

From the faq:

Didn't feel like playing this weekend. On Thursday and Friday I ran about 6 hrs worth of instances and all I got from them was a green boot drop. Screw that.

Molestial Hills is the roleplaying server. If it got merged with non-RP, the chat channels would just be wall to wall trolling (er, even more then it is currently) of the RP-ers I guess.

I'm half considering shifting an alt there to see if it's a decent place to play, but I fear the RP.

Molestial Hills is the roleplaying server. If it got merged with non-RP, the chat channels would just be wall to wall trolling (er, even more then it is currently) of the RP-ers I guess.

I'm half considering shifting an alt there to see if it's a decent place to play, but I fear the RP.

The RP is mostly confined to /say in cities and outlying areas.. the global channel is out of character typical global channel.

There are plenty of non-RPers on Celestial Hills.. they may even outnumber the RPers..

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How many more months till it's F2P?
I enjoyed the Combat until you hit level 26 or 32 or something and I got 15 more skills that basically I just have to add into my rotation for bonus DPS.

From the faq:

Holy shit, they're merging everything. That's insane. They better come up with some better methods for name claiming/reservation.

NeOak

How many more months till it's F2P?
I enjoyed the Combat until you hit level 26 or 32 or something and I got 15 more skills that basically I just have to add into my rotation for bonus DPS.

Its kinda F2P if you buy the chronoscrolls in game.

Thinking of resurrecting "Hazaru"?

cilonen

I'm going to be around a bit less as the impending name loss clusterfuck has killed my motivation a bit.

I'll try to get there first to grab my names, but I doubt I'll manage it.

Oh, I'll do the crafting quests when they come back in.

NeOak

Yeah, i'll have to skip class that day to keep trying to log in to the game and save my name.

Serena is tooooooo unique, and there are like a thousand variations of the name.

BTW, a lot of Gaffers never came back and quit. Are they coming back? And those playing in the other PvE servers are gonna join Believe when the merger is done?

NeOak, yeah, Serena is a very desirable name.

Donno about the other gaffers, but I wish TERA has an affiliate function sometimes, between friendly guilds. I can't leave my friend's tiny guild, cuz we've stuck it out from games to games.

But I'd sure love some help with some dungeons from bigger guilds.... ._____.

(tbh, I havent gone back to GL since that bad experience with a bad group T___T it traumatized T___T)

Rinoa

I have my own (mostly empty) guild but I still play with other guilds for end game, without switching. It'd be nice if we could alliance or linkshell swap like FFXI or something.

I was lucky enough to get into the game when people were super friendly about partying and dungeon running with non-guild members. My friends trying to do the same thing now have problems.

Was a time announced for the name guarding?

cilonen

Been a heck of a week and a large rainstorm has knocked my wired Internet out tonight. Should get back on tomorrow.

NeOak, I'm away for the weekend but should be able to get mumble up and running with TERA on my laptop for Saturday. Just hope where I'm going has decent Internet :)

NeOak

NeOak, yeah, Serena is a very desirable name.

Donno about the other gaffers, but I wish TERA has an affiliate function sometimes, between friendly guilds. I can't leave my friend's tiny guild, cuz we've stuck it out from games to games.

But I'd sure love some help with some dungeons from bigger guilds.... ._____.

(tbh, I havent gone back to GL since that bad experience with a bad group T___T it traumatized T___T)

Well, once the merger is done, you can count with us in Believe

I have my own (mostly empty) guild but I still play with other guilds for end game, without switching. It'd be nice if we could alliance or linkshell swap like FFXI or something.

I was lucky enough to get into the game when people were super friendly about partying and dungeon running with non-guild members. My friends trying to do the same thing now have problems.

Was a time announced for the name guarding?

Funny that you mention it, because most of the lancers in the guild right now are the ones most willing to teach people the instances.

As for the names, still first come first serve.

Been a heck of a week and a large rainstorm has knocked my wired Internet out tonight. Should get back on tomorrow.

NeOak, I'm away for the weekend but should be able to get mumble up and running with TERA on my laptop for Saturday. Just hope where I'm going has decent Internet :)

Oh, that sucks. But alright, try to be there since this saturday we will decide the voting blocks between the guilds in the alliance.

cilonen

WARNING: the nVidia driver update that came out today (306.something) absolutely kills the frame rate. I dropped to 20-30 FPS wandering around Cutthroat with a GTX 690. Lyah and Squishy were getting 9 FPS in FoK HM's crab room.

NeOak

It is if you are in the west coast. The maintenance time ends at 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT.

The OP has to be updated that we will be in Tempest Reach. I wouldn't want a gaffer looking for us in Molestial Hills.

Ricker

Resubbed till December...now that my time at the trailer park is over,starting at the merge on the 18th, I will play more...level 46 only still and waiting in front of the portal to CT,near Arcanum...hoping the server merges will make it easier to find people to do this instance...

cilonen

It is if you are in the west coast. The maintenance time ends at 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT.

The OP has to be updated that we will be in Tempest Reach. I wouldn't want a gaffer looking for us in Molestial Hills.

So 11PM for me. I swear, if my ISP messes me around tomorrow with my connection....

I'm also back from my weekend away, apologies for missing the meeting NeOak, I managed to connect a couple of times but seemingly everyone in the hotel wanted to use WiFi as it got to primetime evening UK time and I just couldn't get back on!

Ricker

So when we log in tomorrow once the maintenance is done,I have to choose Tempest Reach as the server and hope that my name is not taken or will I see it right away at the character select screen that my name is taken...how will this work exactly?

Damn, that is cheap.
I've been trying to get more people to play this game with mixed results.
Sadly, I think the repetitive questing and lack of people to party with really tires them out.

Top Bottom