• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

It is if you are in the west coast. The maintenance time ends at 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT.

The OP has to be updated that we will be in Tempest Reach. I wouldn't want a gaffer looking for us in Molestial Hills.

I'll update with the merger info later tonight and maybe update some other things in the OP (pre-order/purchase information, content, etc.) since the game has been out for about 4 months now.

NeOak

Please do

Anyone remembers if the code amazon gives you is transferable? I want to gift the game to 2 of my friends.

Everyone ready for the merger? I'm going to leave work an hour early to make sure my client is up to date prior to the patch and try and secure my character names.

I updated the server names and a few other minor details in the OP. I am going to assume the GAF PVP guild and the EU guild are dead. If this is not the case, please PM me. When I have more time, I'd like to move the GAF community information to the top, and add information about chronoscrolls, Nexus Raids, and Battlegrounds.

NeOak

Nice. And the new producer letter states that they are doing more changes, but i don't know how late they are for it.

I guess I'll keep Serena even if i cant grab it at the beginning, since I have 1100 hours of playtime on that Elin.

Rinoa

Damn, that is cheap.
I've been trying to get more people to play this game with mixed results.
Sadly, I think the repetitive questing and lack of people to party with really tires them out.

The game really needs another tank class for dumdums cuz the changes to Warrior don't count - people still need skill and eq to do the same things a Lancer does.

cilonen

So, been here since shutdown. Kuu, Apple, Holydevesta and a couple of others were in there 'till the end.

About an hour after shutdown the client launcher became responsive again, no update that I noticed and launching the game dropped you at the server select screen. All the old servers were marked as 'Event' type, and the two new ones plus CH at the bottom of the list as 'PvP, PvE and PvE - Roleplay'

About an hour of occasional refreshing the server list and the old ones are all gone. My characters haven't showed up on the new one yet. Going to try logging as soon as they appear next to Tempest Reach in the list.

Ricker

Okay,just checked and we cant access Tempest Reach just yet...so I guess my 2 existing characters will be on that server automatically...?

Rinoa

I'm on Sheila right now. The new name I got on my healer is Rinoa but idk what playtime is. I remade that character twice since beta since I can't decide if I wanted it to be a High Elf or a Castanic.

d6dkb.jpg

glittery mask is in everyone's bank

btw I moved costume things from temp bank and can't put them back in the regular bank, wtf @ that?

aett

The game really needs another tank class for dumdums cuz the changes to Warrior don't count - people still need skill and eq to do the same things a Lancer does.

I haven't played since around launch. I take it they made the changes to Warrior that were rumored so that it can be played as a pure DPS class if you wanted?

One of the main reasons why I quit was because the content seemed to be identical from the beginning until at least where I quit, which was around level 25. I wanted to try out other classes to see what fit me best but I was already sick of the forest/plains zone after I started going through it a second time. It was kind of ridiculous that you don't move into a new place until around 25.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
So I log in for the first time and within 3 minutes I run into a bugged quest... good job.

Rinoa

So I log in for the first time and within 3 minutes I run into a bugged quest... good job.

Is it the pre-isle-of-dawn thing? Cause I made a new character and got into a bugged quest there too. Couldn't go forward and couldn't skip that thing either.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Is it the pre-isle-of-dawn thing? Cause I made a new character and got into a bugged quest there too. Couldn't go forward and couldn't skip that thing either.

The one where you receive clothes that you have to try on?

Either way, it's inexcusable to have bugged shit that early on.

Effect

Are the server mergers happening do to a drastic loss of players or moving to some of the server tech that Eve Online and Funcom uses in their games?

NeOak

The game has instancing tech, however the population wasnt enough for the amount of servers that were online.

zugzug

Heh I lost every single name i had.

Between SWTOR and Tera now getting your names in the first hour the game launches clearly means nothing anymore.

Had to delete 20 chars with names stashed on the pve server and 14 on the pvp server, had 8 names on the rp server.

aett

A "double loot weekend" sounds like a really cool idea. I wonder what else TERA could do to draw people in and keep them, apart from the obvious "free to play" idea.

NeOak

A "double loot weekend" sounds like a really cool idea. I wonder what else TERA could do to draw people in and keep them, apart from the obvious "free to play" idea.

They are holding mini-events, changing certain stuff such as Nexus times,

They will be "fixing" the enchanting system soon but tbh, i expect this to be the superior KTERA version. Yes, Grindan-Korea has a better enchant system.

cilonen

They are holding mini-events, changing certain stuff such as Nexus times,

They will be "fixing" the enchanting system soon but tbh, i expect this to be the superior KTERA version. Yes, Grindan-Korea has a better enchant system.

What does their system look like?

LadyRiven

My toon (formerly "Misu") is now named Acorn. I got booted out of Believe during the Summer due to inactivity, but I am hoping to play more now!

What is exciting and new in TERA nowadays? I'm kinda sad I missed the Summer events. Hopefully there will be something for Halloween or Christmas.

NeOak

My toon (formerly "Misu") is now named Acorn. I got booted out of Believe during the Summer due to inactivity, but I am hoping to play more now!

What is exciting and new in TERA nowadays? I'm kinda sad I missed the Summer events. Hopefully there will be something for Halloween or Christmas.

Oh girl, get to 60 so you can come to Nexus and enjoy the lagfest.

In other news, Nexus is daily now:

• Sunday noon
  • Sunday 5 p.m.
  • Monday 5 p.m.
  • Tuesday noon
  • Wednesday 5 p.m.
  • Thursday noon
  • Friday 6 p.m.
  • Friday 9 p.m.
  • Saturday 5 p.m.
  • Saturday 9 p.m.

All times PST.