• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Veitsev

I can open a chat with them real quick on your behalf. PM me your account name (not your password, obviously).

Edit - Well, I can in two hours anyway, their live chat is not open until 11 PST.

Thanks! I am actually at work right now. I can send you a PM when I am back later today. You can also add me on Steam if you want to communicate that way. Same ID (Veitsev), same avatar.

Wallach

Thanks! I am actually at work right now. I can send you a PM when I am back later today. You can also add me on Steam if you want to communicate that way. Same ID (Veitsev), same avatar.

No problem. Not sure how long I'll be around today, though.

For what it's worth I got the Account Armor prompt again trying to log into their support page and it is again not sending me an e-mail (even though the last e-mail in this inbox is the last Account Armor code I was sent the other day). I bet their system is fucked up.

Tc91

Yeah I'm getting that Account Armor prompt as well after having just purchased a US copy.

Guess the system is screwing up.

Wallach

I just got all the Account Armor e-mails that were backed up in their system all at once. I suspect their error is fixed now, so you should be able to get your problem solved next time you try to log in, Veitsev.

Just watched a guy in my guild solo Manaya's Core (Normal) on his Lancer. I guess I should be glad they will never nerf Lancers so people can do crazy shit like that.

Veitsev

I just got all the Account Armor e-mails that were backed up in their system all at once. I suspect their error is fixed now, so you should be able to get your problem solved next time you try to log in, Veitsev.

Yeah me too. Thanks for the help. Got five emails all at once.

Sora_N

No option to buy a physical copy so just gonna buy digital to get the bonus, screw having a case lol.

Did anyone that buy theirs recently get their code yet?

So... pretty much if I buy the $20 game, I get a lot of cool shit permanently?

Seems to be a better 'founder' rank than most mmos that transition to f2p o_O.

chualie

Is the GAF PvP guild going to come back or is it permanently dead?
My friends and I were interested in playing this game on the PvP Server.

Is the GAF PvP guild going to come back or is it permanently dead?
My friends and I were interested in playing this game on the PvP Server.

I'm going to try and resurrect it, but I'm out of town until Jan. 18th. Hopefully the F2P switch and all the new content in February will bring more of GAF to the PVP side.

Tendo

Any class that is flat out worthless? I already have a 22 archer from launch but I'd like to start fresh to relearn the game a bit but don't want an uneeded, worthless class. Anything to avoid? I'm a fan of tanking, dps, and healing so I'm open to anything.

Yeah their system is fucked up something fierce, I've been trying to reset my password to absolutely no avail for awhile now.

That's their loss! They need to fix that...

NeOak

Any class that is flat out worthless? I already have a 22 archer from launch but I'd like to start fresh to relearn the game a bit but don't want an uneeded, worthless class. Anything to avoid? I'm a fan of tanking, dps, and healing so I'm open to anything.
All classes are useful, some just more hard than the others.

NeOak

Thanks. I'm torn between Sorc and Mystic but will probably go mystic for something different. I'm usually not so good at melee classes in action games.

Be patient, mystic dps is the lowest, so leveling up might be a bit slower if you solo it. Try to find leveling partners.

LowParry

I actually just started playing the other day as Mystic. I really enjoy how active you have to be in instances with healing with the class. I've never been a healer in any other mmo before so this is an entirely different concept. Leveling is a bit slow but I low the slow pace of things. Pretty easy to find groups for the group quests. How active is the GAF guild anyway? I see a few people here and there with the GAF logo.

Tendo

I actually just started playing the other day as Mystic. I really enjoy how active you have to be in instances with healing with the class. I've never been a healer in any other mmo before so this is an entirely different concept. Leveling is a bit slow but I low the slow pace of things. Pretty easy to find groups for the group quests. How active is the GAF guild anyway? I see a few people here and there with the GAF logo.

Be patient, mystic dps is the lowest, so leveling up might be a bit slower if you solo it. Try to find leveling partners.

What is survivability like? I'm ok with slower DPS as long as I'm not incredible fragile.

Rinoa

Surviving was not bad, it just was slow to kill things. I way too impatient with Mystic. Took ten button presses to kill what took 3 on Sorc.

Makki

Serena is my priest.

There is space. However, i only accept people to the guild when they are online.

I've been trying to catch you online but your friends list is full so I cant tell when you come on and whispering has always yielded "Character not online." When are you usually on?

Anybody else can invite to the PVE guild?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Been playing the trial to get a feel of the game before the F2P begins, and I'm enjoying it, but I am curious. How much of the game can I solo? I don't play on a schedule, and I really hate being beholden to others for when I can play. If I can't solo something, how easy is it to PUG dungeons?

NeOak

I've been trying to catch you online but your friends list is full so I cant tell when you come on and whispering has always yielded "Character not online." When are you usually on?

Anybody else can invite to the PVE guild?

I'm usually on during nights CST. But i'm on right now.

Been playing the trial to get a feel of the game before the F2P begins, and I'm enjoying it, but I am curious. How much of the game can I solo? I don't play on a schedule, and I really hate being beholden to others for when I can play. If I can't solo something, how easy is it to PUG dungeons?

You can solo from 1 to 60.

LowParry

What is survivability like? I'm ok with slower DPS as long as I'm not incredible fragile.

You won't die. If your dropping an orb during or before a grouped fight, you'll live just fine. Easiest to level. Just you kill things slow. Though if you can find someone that's grouping the same quests and onward with you, things can go very quick.

NeOak

Anyone totally unable to get the download manifest to patch?

How easy is it to PUG dungeons?
Not that hard to get people for dungeons, unless its the current endgame ones.

Lots of people are coming back and leveling, so there are people to play with. Heck, I hadn't seen a channel in Island of Dawn on high since summer.

Tendo

You won't die. If your dropping an orb during or before a grouped fight, you'll live just fine. Easiest to level. Just you kill things slow. Though if you can find someone that's grouping the same quests and onward with you, things can go very quick.

Cool. Ill try it out!

So... Seems like warriors can tank and dps. What's the point of lancer? Are they that good tank or are warriors half ass tanks?

Game seems pretty fun, kinda want to buy game for founder... But I'm guilty of getting gw2 at launch and barely getting anywhere :X

$20...

NeOak

So... Seems like warriors can tank and dps. What's the point of lancer? Are they that good tank or are warriors half ass tanks?

Game seems pretty fun, kinda want to buy game for founder... But I'm guilty of getting gw2 at launch and barely getting anywhere :X

$20...

Warriors are of a more evasion based tank. Lancer is the old block based tank.

Mupod

I really like the changes they made to Lancer since I last played. I always REALLY wanted a backstep since I was so used to having one in Monster Hunter, Wallop is almost like having Overhand Strike and the Resolve system is perfect for my playstyle. I was always very aggressive before so adjusting to the new system didn't really require me to do anything differently except use second wind more intelligently.

Catching up on gear is gonna be kinda awful but I guess I can just play casually for a while until my nexus rep is high enough for a weapon. NT is easy and I get a big pile of money each time I run it, plus I've already gotten T14 boots and chestpiece from it. The Nexus zerg to open it up is really boring though.

mileS

ugh this patcher.... having endless problems with it. "Unable to Downlaod Metafile" keep trying, keep trying, looks like its going to finally work bam. nope. And thats after it spends 5+ min checking the files....

mileS

Really?! Even after the patching is fully done. Even after I was literally just playing the game. The launcher now says "Unable to download manifest" again...

Anyone else know why this is STILL happening?

NeOak

I can be online right now if you are.

Oops that post was over an hour ago..dang.

I'm still on lol

Really?! Even after the patching is fully done. Even after I was literally just playing the game. The launcher now says "Unable to download manifest" again...

Anyone else know why this is STILL happening?

DNS problems.

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/foru.../Unable-to-Retrieve-ManifestDownload-Metadata

Aaaaand apparently there are issues with the emails lol

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Email-and-Purchase-Delays

Wallach

Hey NeOak, my Priest was kicked out of Believe but my Berserker is still in Disbelieve. Think I could move my Berserker into Believe? I don't think I'm going to play the Priest for a while.

Edit - Actually, I don't know as I'd pay for any game time between now and F2P so I don't know if I should just wait until that kicks in or not...

NeOak

Hey NeOak, my Priest was kicked out of Believe but my Berserker is still in Disbelieve. Think I could move my Berserker into Believe? I don't think I'm going to play the Priest for a while.

Edit - Actually, I don't know as I'd pay for any game time between now and F2P so I don't know if I should just wait until that kicks in or not...

Yeah, whisper me in game or on Steam. I had to kick inactives a while ago.

You can trade 2000g for 30 days of play time if you contact support.

Sora_N

Made a Castanic Berserker, class seems fun as well (my first char was Sorcerer) but I couldn't make a Castanic character I liked so gotta try again!

Wallach

Yeah, whisper me in game or on Steam. I had to kick inactives a while ago.

You can trade 2000g for 30 days of play time if you contact support.

I think I have like 18 gold. Maybe some stuff to sell but I don't think I have anything worth that much.

Top Bottom