• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

omlet

Seems that February 5 is the official day it goes F2P. Announcement:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/...dium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+tera_news+(TERA)

Hmm. Maybe I should pick up a month of gametime/elite to cover a the day gap (my sub's up on the 31st or 1st IIRC)...

Character transfers between all servers is interesting. I don't think I'll be taking advantage of it except maybe to get my sorc from OB off the RP server (mostly just to rob of her stuff and then delete lol). Got a few alts on PvP to static with some friends, but I don't play them that much and won't transfer unless they want to.

soc

Ugh, just had Fangspawns reset to 100% on our party at least 6 times. After the first 3 times, our priest ragequit. Most frustrating night of TERA yet for me. Anybody knows why this happens?

On a side note, Mystics are really fun to play, and dropping orbs instantly makes the cheesy cutscenes 100% better.

jsZgDjoXaWmUK.jpg

Kammie

Ugh, just had Fangspawns reset to 100% on our party at least 6 times. After the first 3 times, our priest ragequit. Most frustrating night of TERA yet for me. Anybody knows why this happens?

On a side note, Mystics are really fun to play, and dropping orbs instantly makes the cheesy cutscenes 100% better.
When the BAMs get too close to the border of an area/a certain limit, their health resets. You'll want to have your tank keep him relatively still, or draw him back off to what you know is the safe area if it wanders too far. I think but I'm not sure, that if an area BAM gets too far away, he'll keep fighting you unless the tank loses aggro, in which case he'll run back.

I had this happen like 4 times when fighting a dragon in the fourth dungeon. We had a tank who had limited English capabilities--you could tell everybody was getting pissed off. lol. Eventually he got the idea and we managed, but I won't lie, it was exceedingly frustrating.

Speaking of BAMs, last night I ended up soloing some in Arachnea since I couldn't find a group for them. On the fourth one, I got cornered and stuck beneath it, so I just kept blocking and hitting without seeing anything since the camera was now zoomed in on the floor and clipping like mad. Somehow we made it through some corridors and out into the main area, where the BAM glitched and got stuck over the side. I felt like a badass as I took him on and everyone just ran carefully behind us on their horse. The situation just felt epic! The cool thing is that the fifth one respawned in the same spot, so I was able to cheat my way through it.

But you'd think that out of those 5 BAMs, someone would have lent a hand to a gal in a swimsuit by giving them a smack or two. Nope. Everyone just came into the room and abandoned. Bunch of chickens!

Styles

I recently did a few BAM quests with a Warrior in Bastion where we had to fight these Blue Ass Monsters (yes, BAMs). Some of them would reset 2-3m away from their position; their attacks usually pushes players farther away than that so, they would reset themselves when ever they roll or throw a tantrum at us! It was quite annoying. Usually, the ones that had that problem were situated at a corner.

omlet

Stefan™;47126212 said:
I recently did a few BAM quests with a Warrior in Bastion where we had to fight these Blue Ass Monsters (yes, BAMs). Some of them would reset 2-3m away from their position; their attacks usually pushes players farther away than that so, they would reset themselves when ever they roll or throw a tantrum at us! It was quite annoying. Usually, the ones that had that problem were situated at a corner.

The armadillo and dracoloth BAMs are the worst about resets. In general you really have to stay at the spot you engaged them and never chase them if they use an attack that takes them away from that spot.

omlet

So I was playing last night, got kicked off at midnight like some other people right as we finished Nexus. Went online and renewed account for a month (15 bucks for the the weekend plus the rest of the month as elite, why not?), got back on no problem for half an hour or so then went to bed.

This morning when I try to log in I'm getting "Subscription not found or has expired" error when I try to log in. My account management page shows this:

wtflpk.jpg

wtf? Did we skip to March already? Why is my account expired? I guess I need to get with support about this?

Jomjom

Banned
So I was playing last night, got kicked off at midnight like some other people right as we finished Nexus. Went online and renewed account for a month (15 bucks for the the weekend plus the rest of the month as elite, why not?), got back on no problem for half an hour or so then went to bed.

This morning when I try to log in I'm getting "Subscription not found or has expired" error when I try to log in. My account management page shows this:

wtflpk.jpg

wtf? Did we skip to March already? Why is my account expired? I guess I need to get with support about this?

I had this exact problem except my sub was set to expire end of February. If you do the live chat with customer support, they will fix this for you.

omlet

I had this exact problem except my sub was set to expire end of February. If you do the live chat with customer support, they will fix this for you.

Right on. Back to Hyperdimension Neptunia until their support hours open, then. >_>

Jomjom

Banned
Right on. Back to Hyperdimension Neptunia until their support hours open, then. >_>

Hehe usually when I click in I'm 25 or more in the queue, so you'll be able to get in a lot of Hyperdimension Neptunia while you wait in the queue.

The patch notes have been posted for the F2P "Rising" patch:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/tera-rising-patch-190402

They are quite huge, so I won't quote them here.

Since the patch contains changes that have been in K-Tera for some time now, most of them shouldn't be too surprising. Many classes have had their CD reset glyphs nerfed, and depending on the class the result is pretty dramatic. Price reduction for many faction items from Agnitor was already in K-Tera and finally carries over here. However, they reduced the frequency of Nexus again. Why did you do this, fucking EME?

It's cheaper to make Visionmaker and Conjunct pieces too. And praise be to Elinu, they have added the balancing from K-Tera where Visionmaker has been nerfed for PvP and Conjunct has been buffed. It's nice to see them realizing that Visionmaker, a set you get from being a PvE hero, had no place being the most ridiculously OP PvP set in the game. Meanwhile Conjunct, a set you get from actually doing PvP, is being buffed for it's actual intended purpose which is PvP.

The 3v3 arena has been added as expected. The Korean seem to really like it, so I'm hoping it will be fun in North America too. Since there are both unranked and ranked matches, you can just hop in with 2 buddies into the unranked arenas and start fighting people right away.

In unrelated news, you can't jump Spinzaku Dragon into the second room in Nexus Traverse now to kill him without his friends interfering. I didn't think they would actually patch that, especially considering other dungeon bosses with similar exploit mechanics have never been patched.

NeOak

Stefan™;47190268 said:
They are!
Indeed they are.

I can't believe how someone that was given 21 days of free time dared to post that the GM didn't give him more free time to play with his girlfriend and friends.

Fucking freeloaders.

Tucked away at the bottom in the 'bugs squashed' section is the note that they've fixed the traverse dragon move to second room glitch :-(
They did, but finally loot is buffed according to raid size so it kinda fixes that.

And quite a few now are working on getting conjunct, especially since its being buffed.

With Conjunct now being 'less expensive to craft', I can see more people with Conjunct running around in BGs in the near future. I'm looking forward to delicious salty tears when the people who have been abusing VM gear to faceroll their premades to BG wins suddenly find that everyone they've been repeatedly killing can suddenly kill them back. Apparently even after the buffs Conjunct still isn't quite as strong as VM in K-Tera, but it should at least give people a fighting chance against the PvE heroes.

cilonen

And quite a few now are working on getting conjunct, especially since its being buffed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I'm aiming for. Need all the chest pieces but am just wanting mats now for boots & gloves.

LuuKyK

Finally created a character in the right server now! :D

While visiting Lumbertown stumbled upon a banner with a familiar logo. Looked again and it was GAF's symbol then I clicked on it and it said "Pay your respect to Believe." or something. lmao Amazing.

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

NeOak

While visiting Lumbertown stumbled upon a banner with a familiar logo. Looked again and it was GAF's symbol then I clicked on it and it said "Pay your respect to Believe." or something. lmao Amazing.

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

;)

NeOak

lol @ the incomplete patch notes. We are getting everything until the KTERA F2P patch.

And not everyone wants to PVP.

Funny thing is that we are going to. The Consul part of the game seems fun and we need PvP gear for it.

And gotta tone down the casual attitude in the guild.

Funny thing is that we are going to. The Consul part of the game seems fun and we need PvP gear for it.

And gotta tone down the casual attitude in the guild.

It's an alliance of guilds. There are probably plenty of hardcore types if you add up the players in all the guilds your guild is allied with.

Patch notes have been updated. Apparently everything that has been added to K-Tera up to January 10th (their F2P patch) is the February 5th patch. I'm guessing this means all the price reductions for Agnitor and Bellicarium up until that point.

Rinoa

So right now until Feb 5 people who actually bought the game can't play, but people on free accounts can play. I can't brain this.

Kammie

I thought it was impossible for a game to top at 7 FPS, but Tera does it! And everyone else in the party was also complaining about it, so I know it's not just my hardware.

Is this how the Nexus raids work? I've heard people mention extreme slowdown. Please tell me no. :(

Nexus is trash but framerate will be better once they implement the cap of 120 people per active Nexus. Until then I just afk during Nexus with my 4 fps.

NeOak

Seems they finally moved the damn UI bug to critical status on the bug list for BHS.

I gave up hope long ago anyway.

Styles

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

PRAISE

Serena, his impact.
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

I just need Inquest and Scribes Fingers to complete my Nexus set. Now, to farm gold...

Top Bottom