• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Forkball

Does anyone have a support e-mail for TERA or how to get in contact with them? I bought the game last year and had a character, but moved out of my region and was interested in playing again. However, my login is blocked because I switched regions. Which means I can't send a support ticket because I need to login to do so, which I can't. I want my character transfered to a server I can actually play in.

Different companies operate Tera in different region. You can't transfer a character between regions. You have to use a proxy or start a new character in whatever region you are now in.

soc

Superior Elin princess.
iTf84OZQvFMF0.png

Also, squirrel elin > fox elin.

omlet

Superior Elin princess.

Also, squirrel elin > fox elin.

It's so nice to be able to run this game on high graphics settings now. I have some more squirrel for you~

terascreenshot201301212.jpg

Leveling in Castanica area, new lance and shield! I love how Elin pretty much completely fit behind their shields lol...

terascreenshot201302020.jpg

Exploring Balder's Refuge, cool zone.

Holy crap these things are crazy tough for open world generic BAMs!

Rawr, new nexus armor! (still missing the body piece, but it looks similar to the T13 I bought when I hit 60)

I guess no one really runs Fane of Kaprima much anymore, but I'd never tanked it before, Ayres (priest) had never been before, and wanted to test out my new armor.

terascreenshot201302030.jpg

Going back and clearing Seeliewood quests after I hit 60. Flowers. Flowers everywhere.

terascreenshot201302031.jpg

Practicing some dragon tanking. onore nexus sovereign...

terascreenshot201302030i.jpg

I dyed my armor :eek:

First time in Argon Corpus, super argon dragon chicken is a pain to tank!

Good thing this was just normal mode because I was having a hell of a time figuring out this guy's tells!

Styles

Fighting Dracoloths at 5fps was fun... until you hit 0fps.

Started a Castanic Slayer cause I was sold by their battle stance. *.*

I wish they'd give everybody a free glyph point reset when they make changes to glyphs.

Edit: also boo at the removal of glyphs with the chance to reset skill cool downs.
Edit 2: hmm, it looks like not all cooldown reset glyphs were removed - magma bomb doesn't seem to have been touched for example

Kinda surprised to see this go F2P, I've been planning to play this game but completely forgot due to MoP.

Now since there's no excuse to not try this game, few questions.

- How is the priest's soloing capability here? are they slow-ish?
- How is the gear upgrade done here?Do you still need to "plus" the gear(korean MMO staple which I somehow hate lol).
- Are battlegrounds available for all levels? or just for the level capped character?
- How do you earn the PVP gear?crafting or PVP point etc?

I'm planning to roll a Baraka/Priest because of the cool casting animation. And probably roll on the PVP server.

NeOak

Kinda surprised to see this go F2P, I've been planning to play this game but completely forgot due to MoP.

Now since there's no excuse to not try this game, few questions.

- How is the priest's soloing capability here? are they slow-ish?
- How is the gear upgrade done here?Do you still need to "plus" the gear(korean MMO staple which I somehow hate lol).
- Are battlegrounds available for all levels? or just for the level capped character?
- How do you earn the PVP gear?crafting or PVP point etc?

I'm planning to roll a Baraka/Priest because of the cool casting animation. And probably roll on the PVP server.

1. Good, but you won't be soloing BAMs while leveling
2. No for leveling (it even can drop enchanted to +6), Yes for Endgame, but it is WAY EASIER than the grindy stuff we early players had to face
3. Only 60s
4. Facerolling in BGs for T13, Nexus+T13 for crafting T14

As for the PvP server... only difference is the OwPvP skill and a bit lower prices in gear (inb4 U.S comes with "BESTO SERVAR!").

Tempest Reach's OwPvP is non existent. Troll GvGs are the order of the day ([Taco] declares a GvG against [Burrito], etc). PvPers in TR just do battlegrounds atm since it is what you can do. But we as a guild are very interested in the factions update and we will be forming several groups for the 3v3 stuff too once Rising goes Live.

And LOL at the QQ of people from MT due to Anime doing premades with Visionmaker gear. I thought MT was the "hardcoar servar".

For anyone coming to the PVP server (Mount Tyrannas) tomorrow after F2P officially launches, the name of the guild is "Believe". You can apply in-game or PM me, androidcandy, or SmallWind on GAF.

Believe will rise again!
Right?

NeOak

For anyone coming to the PVP server (Mount Tyrannas) tomorrow after F2P officially launches, the name of the guild is "Believe". You can apply in-game or PM me, androidcandy, or SmallWind on GAF.

Believe will rise again!
Right?

It's up to you guys, we are organizing a lot in the PvE side and using the website for it. You can just leech what we do and add more.

And use our Mumble damn it >.>

Edit: I even set custom ranks according to server and you can select that you are playing in the MT server.

Ianan

Hey guys, was going to jump into Tera with it going free to play now but I have a few questions.

I heard Frogster are doing a terrible job at running the EU version, late patches etc. How true is this?

Because of the above, I was thinking about joining a US server. Anyone from the UK playing on the US servers? How high is your ping? I want to be doing a lot of PvP so I'm worried my ping on the US servers will basically handicap me.

Xamdou

Thinking about getting this but got a few questions about it:

1. PVP servers, how does it work?
2. Are a lot of gaffers playing this still?
3. Whats the best melee class?

NeOak

Hey guys, was going to jump into Tera with it going free to play now but I have a few questions.

I heard Frogster are doing a terrible job at running the EU version, late patches etc. How true is this?

Because of the above, I was thinking about joining a US server. Anyone from the UK playing on the US servers? How high is your ping? I want to be doing a lot of PvP so I'm worried my ping on the US servers will basically handicap me.

cilonen is from the UK, plays an archer among other classes and is getting conjunct gear. PM him:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=19892

Thinking about getting this but got a few questions about it:

1. PVP servers, how does it work?
2. Are a lot of gaffers playing this still?
3. Whats the best melee class?

1. Get ganked, guild wars in open world, battlegrounds (PvE server has duels, deathmatches, consensual GvG and BGs but no OwPvP)
2. A few. A lot have joined recently and some have returned
3. What for?

Standard Tanking=Lancer
Evasion Tanking=Warrior
Sustained DPS=Slayer (aka faceroll-on-keyboard class)
Burst DPS=Berserker

It sounds like people who have mods like uncensor patches and voice replacements are failing on patch. If you're modded, it's probably better to revert to stock before patching just to be safe!

Xamdou

cilonen is from the UK, plays an archer among other classes and is getting conjunct gear. PM him:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=19892

1. Get ganked, guild wars in open world, battlegrounds (PvE server has duels, deathmatches, consensual GvG and BGs but no OwPvP)
2. A few. A lot have joined recently and some have returned
3. What for?

Standard Tanking=Lancer
Evasion Tanking=Warrior
Sustained DPS=Slayer (aka faceroll-on-keyboard class)
Burst DPS=Berserker

Which melee class is the fastest and does the most damage?

NeOak

Which melee class is the fastest and does the most damage?

LOL

Seriously?

This game isn't like that.

You pick what you like and roll with it. There are no class shortcuts, its based on your fucking skills.

Drop the OP class mentality. It doesn't exist here.

T.O.P

Banned
The EU shop has some fucked up prices, and not even 20% of the objects available in the NA one :/

One thing guys, the Tera Club boosts (money, exp etc.) are usable one time per day, but one time for each account or characters?

Wouldn't mind leveling up my two alts with the exp boosts (while gettin more gold) while my sorc goes for end game instances and gets the extra money too

This might be the first time that the NA version of Tera has shown what the letters actually stood for. I haven't seen it say "The Exiled Realm of Arborea" under the big Tera logo on the title screen since my K-Tera days.

The full name has always been shown in the tiny copyright text on the bottom, however.

NeOak

This might be the first time that the NA version of Tera has shown what the letters actually stood for. I haven't seen it say "The Exiled Realm of Arborea" on the title screen since my K-Tera days.

What? It finally did? Where?

They had it in the copyright notice IIRC

Edit: that one there is new.

NeOak

Wow. Of all the times I've seen that title, I never realized that the first letters formed TERA.

It's actually called "TERA: The Exiled Realm of Arborea" in Korea.

I asked why EME dropped the subtitle and it was for practical reasons: Brian Knox answered me that had they kept it, they would be forced to include the subtitle every time the game's name was mentioned.

So its only used for copyright reasons.

Nopren

I'm playing on the US server from EU, and I usually get a ping about 150. I usually don't have any problems, but I mostly play ranged classes, and they are a bit more forgiving when it comes to lag.

This game still looks absolutely gorgeous. It's strange but recently I've been wishing for a friendly Questing experience game to play while listening to music and podcasts... something with generic quest lines I dont have to pay attention to, but fun combat and fun sense of exploration.

Loginius

Soooo
I thought I check out tera again since its gone ftp and now my lvl 60 lancer has just disappeared?

In the server selection screen it says that I have 2 toons on the INT PVP server and one on the DE PvE Server.

When selecting one of those servers I only see 2 on the PvE Server (none of which is my lvl60 lancer, still alts I created back when the game released but with the original Server in their name...) and none on the PvP Server....

What is going on?

Top Bottom