• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

That number would include Korea, Japan and Europe yeah? What's the Korean numbers like?

Koreans don't "subscribe" to games, and I doubt that includes the Koreans who are in a different region. Same with Japan. EME is handling only NA region so it seems safe to assume only applies to our region. I would be surprised if this number even includes EU, which is being handled by Frogster.

Sblargh

Banned
Koreans don't "subscribe" to games, and I doubt that includes the Koreans who are in a different region. Same with Japan. EME is handling only NA region so it seems safe to assume only applies to our region. I would be surprised if this number even includes EU, which is being handled by Frogster.

What do you mean they don't subscribe?

Wallach

En Masse wouldn't have numbers for anything outside of their region.

Edit - That said I have no idea how a GM would have access to information like that all and given the nature of their other replies, I wager he just typed a random number to be funny.

Tess3ract

Banned
This Clippers/Grizzles game better start delivering. I'm missing out on valuable xping here. =(

I still need another SM run. Hate myself for missing the final quest and there were move quests to do for a second run! =(

I thought crafted items at the high end turned out as good or better than dungeon drops?
No one knows because it's such a massive goldsink

Cat%20Prince.png

Izayoi

Banned
I thought crafted items at the high end turned out as good or better than dungeon drops?
They are. You could definitely run hard modes in crafted gear, as long as it's enchanted. Anyone crafting endgame gear is making 800-1200 gold per piece on my server.

In other news, 1000 gold for me to go from +4 to +5 on my gloves. ;_;

2San

I still need another SM run. Hate myself for missing the final quest and there were move quests to do for a second run! =(
This reminds my off how I screwed it up for my party. In the CR(lvl 38 I think?) instance I blew up an pilar/altar or something, before the 2 guys talked to quest NPC. I felt bad, I had no idea you could screw things up like that. :X

Rinoa

Wow feels like within a week or two the prices of nice stuff in AH jumped from 10s of gold to 100s of gold to 1000s?

I find the community in this game (on Arachnea server at least) to be very friendly. I've yet to encounter someone rude. In other MMOs I've always seen people bounce once they get what they need.. so this is definitely nice considering they're strangers who have nothing to gain.

Level 60s join people who shout for BAM members to help them out, people stick around for helping others quests, and people offer assistance when they see you solo. Everyone I know has a huge friends list with people we randomly partied with and constantly getting re-invites or recruited to other guilds or guild alliances.

Wish I knew how the guild alliance stuff works though, I'm in a casual guild and don't want to get us roped into anything insane.

Oh and this game is still pretty

But I really want to get out of this outfit like yesterday.

At lvl 37 should I bother crafting my own gear? Ive been buying stuff in the AH so far with good results. But it does get pricey. How time consuming is it to build your own stuff?

AeroGod

At lvl 37 should I bother crafting my own gear? Ive been buying stuff in the AH so far with good results. But it does get pricey. How time consuming is it to build your own stuff?

Its not really worth it to craft your own gear at low-mid levels. Alchemy is nice to have though. Crafting is expensive IF you try to do it all. The gathering materials are plentiful but the compnents you have to buy are expensive unless you are higher level and getting gold easily. You can level your crafting though relatively cheap by just making the core components like Ingots, Leather, Clot hand the essences. Its not interesting in the least bit but it gets the job done fairly cheaply. Its only when you start trying to created all the mid tier gear and buying all the recipes that it gets really expensive..and that stuff is pointless and terrible anyways.

Sblargh

Banned
I am crafting tailoring little by little and I think I'll just go crazy with it when I hit 60.
I may be playing this wrong, but there are a few things, like crafting, enchanting, proper gem and glyph management that I'll start caring only after leveling is done.

Visceir

Did Ebon Tower for the first time while helping a friend complete his quest there and got an armor from the last boss (which looks quite nice may I say), at the same time I've done BT and Fane 10+ times each and still haven't gotten the armor or weapon for myself, sigh.

TERA_ScreenShot_20120513_233333.jpg

This threads needs more Beserker Barakka love...just me standing around places.

Vampire Clowns...can't beat a game that has Vampire Clowns.
ibumMLSkZK1RRb.png

Cultists Refuge Instance Final Boss
iulYncz1snvcK.png

Arriving at Allemanthia for the 1st time. High Elf Capital City
iqVLdjBJRMnsQ.png

Pink is sexy
ibgwh8Z70ErxAl.png

New Armor. And loved the Fountain of Shara area
ibpWCCZkXqe6LY.png

Torraz

Got to 41 today. Have to finish a gigantic mountain of dark cathedral quests and then its off to the next continent which is supposedly even more beautiful. D3 is going to have to work hard to pull me away from this.

Started a new alt on VoT this weekend marking my first experience with pvp. Definitely enjoying the added danger though it's annoying seeing so many lvl 60 players camping the lower lvl zones. I need a posse.

Universaldamps

Neo Member
Just thought I'd offer some advice in regards to the payment system. If you're like me and only wanted to play for a month, you've more than likely hit the "cancel auto renew" button in the account management page. I noticed when I pressed it, the "Automatic Renew" status did not change. I figured it was probably normal, but submitted a support ticket anyway.

Ended up getting a response, and the representative told me he set auto renew to manual. I also asked to have my credit card details removed since there's no option on our end. So I suggest checking your accound management page if you don't want to billed for another month.

So my server chat today had a conversation on what crystals are the best to use for Crit damage. They said the best combos are to use enrage target(1) with crit on enraged target(2) (sorry forget the actual names). Add these two with other crit crystals and you have huge crit multipliers. Is this true? Anyone have experience with these? I would love to get that perfect crit crystal combo and get huge critical hits on BAMs.

Visceir

I usually roll with Acrimonious, Savage, 2x Mutinous if it's just about damage output.

If you want the highest crits then drop your hp below 50% and use one of those crystals with the enraged, acrimonius and savage one.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do boss multipliers affect BAMs?

Are all BAMs considered bosses?

Westlo

Started a new alt on VoT this weekend marking my first experience with pvp. Definitely enjoying the added danger though it's annoying seeing so many lvl 60 players camping the lower lvl zones. I need a posse.

After seeing Q's High Elf Female Warrior pics I started working on mine (especially after experiencing the Slayer queue for SM....), really enjoying it but yeah I've noticed quite a few 60s in the lower level zones lately.. mostly Zerkers lol... including some terrible ones unable to catch my 16 warrior.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After seeing Q's High Elf Female Warrior pics I started working on mine (especially after experiencing the Slayer queue for SM....), really enjoying it but yeah I've noticed quite a few 60s in the lower level zones lately.. mostly Zerkers lol... including some terrible ones unable to catch my 16 warrior.

:D

Visceir

Could we get some anecdotal evidence of how long the queues are for each class in the instance dungeon finder? Takes me usually ~1h 15 min to get into one of the end-level dungeons as a slayer. Yesterday a warrior ended up in my party who said it took him 2h30m to get into a party.

I'm curious if there actually is a time difference for the different damage dealer classes.

..Obviously lancers get in instantly.

Edit: I also dislike how I can't just go afk for an hour after getting in the queue as Tera kicks you if you're idle too long :l

Izayoi

Banned
Eh? What class are you?
Greedy Lancers run the show at endgame. Zerks especially have a hard time, but Priests and Archers are getting kicked too.

Reporting people, as far as I can tell, does nothing. Definitely thinking about talking to a GM about it and letting them know there's a serious problem.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Greedy Lancers run the show at endgame. Zerks especially have a hard time, but Priests and Archers are getting kicked too.

Reporting people, as far as I can tell, does nothing. Definitely thinking about talking to a GM about it and letting them know there's a serious problem.

Aren't there like, defensive heavy armor that Lancers should be gunning for? Why should they be taking Zerker stuff?

RSLAEV

Priests are getting kicked? are they queing as DPS or are mystics in high demand?

Visceir

Seriously? They don't matter in the game?

As far as I know there is pretty much only one set of enigmatic lvl 60 armor that is the "best" armor. That armor drops in the Fane Of Kaprima lvl 60 dungeon.

The other lvl 60 dungeon, Balder's Temple, has enigmatic weapon drops but the last boss has a timer and needs to be killed in a certain amount of time, berserks are perceived as bad damage dealers though so they get kicked there too.

There were those badass looking armor pictures (including the fur one) making the rounds around the web a while ago but I doubt they are in game as I've yet to see them. There's a small chance that they are lvl 60 dungeon hard mode drops but that seems rather unlikely.

Priests are getting kicked? are they queing as DPS or are mystics in high demand?

Again, it's about Balder's Temple. Mystics provide better damage buffs and are in higher demand for the last boss. In the other dungeon (Fane Of Kaprima) healers have a very important task during the first boss fight and when a healer is new and hasn't done it before there's a good chance he will be kicked as players don't want to take the risk of getting killed because the healer's
inexperience.

I've managed to clear Balder's temple with a priest in the party and with a berserker in the party but if you have a party with priest and zerker and no sorc then it's nearly impossible to kill the last boss.

Izayoi

Banned
Basically it's the fault of the community. K-TERA never had these kinds of problems, but it's pretty obvious the system wasn't designed with a Western audience in mind. Honestly I'm not sure what can be done aside from letting Warriors queue as tanks. Lancers just have too much power being the "only" tank quest.

Seriously? They don't matter in the game?
Who? Zerks?

T.O.P

Banned
Most common group is becoming Lancer/Mystic/Sorc x3, both for bams and dungeon

Not disliking this at all being a sorc but i can understand how this can be a letdown for other players

BTW Potato Guild is doing really well right now, we had around 12-15 gvg and whe won them all, still we need more high level player, i'm 43 and i'm the higher one wich it does says a lot e_e

Still, is awesome to go against guilds with 10 times the number of our members <3

Top Bottom