• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Izayoi

Banned
I haven't started the 60 dungeons yet but that sounds pretty ridiculous considering how many classes share gear. I guess as long as Lancers don't get leader there isn't much to worry about. Also, you can't kick people that aren't from your server and at least if I get kicked, the healer will be coming with me...
It doesn't matter if they get leader or not.

"Kick the Berserker or I leave."

Nobody wants to sit in the queue for another hour, so everyone listens.

How tight is the dps race for Balder? I did it yesterday with a lancer, sorc, war, archer, and priest and it didn't seem that bad.
It didn't seem that bad because you had an almost perfect makeup for it. Ranged, particularly sorcs, are best. Usually, as long as everyone is wearing the proper crystals, and as long as nobody dies, you'll be fine. That's a big usually though, especially with ideal makeup. People seem to have a lot of trouble dodging the laser for whatever reason.

Rinoa

You guys are in the minority, unfortunately. I tried again this morning just to see and the Lancer didn't even have to say anything, I got kicked out five seconds after joining. I'm just really disappointed in the community, nothing like this ever happened in K-TERA.

I remember watching your vids, nobody seemed to care about job class in those instance matchers.

I was also wondering do you use character facing or camera/reticule to aim attacks? Whenever I zoom far out as Zerk I feel very sloppy.

Izayoi

Banned
I remember watching your vids, nobody seemed to care about job class in those instance matchers.

I was also wondering do you use character facing or camera/reticule to aim attacks? Whenever I zoom far out as Zerk I feel very sloppy.
Camera takes precedent for most attacks. Face the opposite direction and try combo attack or block, for example. Also try charging an attack and then rotating the camera.

Wallach

I'm not sure about block, but combo attack always goes in the direction you are moving as a 'zerker, and uses the camera if no directional buttons are being held. Which I find highly annoying and wish I could disable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You guys are in the minority, unfortunately. I tried again this morning just to see and the Lancer didn't even have to say anything, I got kicked out five seconds after joining. I'm just really disappointed in the community, nothing like this ever happened in K-TERA.

Kicking someone because they're a) idle or b) REALLY bad is fine. I mean, if a healer simply cannot heal the damage, they probably need to go gear up elsewhere. That's fine. But kicking because you're a greedy fuck? :\

As a Lancer, it shouldn't bother me because I'm not like that, but the community is going to go that route, it's REALLY going to push me away later on.

What COULD EME do to help alleviate this? I've left mid-instance because I had to go, my group was fine with it, and I got a 30 minute (or was it 15?) "You cannot queue" thing. Well fine, I could have said, "Lancer LFG NT" and gotten in within seconds. That doesn't really help the case of ass hat Lancers who boot because they just want all the gear.

Kicking someone because they're a) idle or b) REALLY bad is fine. I mean, if a healer simply cannot heal the damage, they probably need to go gear up elsewhere. That's fine. But kicking because you're a greedy fuck? :\

As a Lancer, it shouldn't bother me because I'm not like that, but the community is going to go that route, it's REALLY going to push me away later on.

What COULD EME do to help alleviate this? I've left mid-instance because I had to go, my group was fine with it, and I got a 30 minute (or was it 15?) "You cannot queue" thing. Well fine, I could have said, "Lancer LFG NT" and gotten in within seconds. That doesn't really help the case of ass hat Lancers who boot because they just want all the gear.

They could let warriors queue as tanks. Then the lancers wouldn't have so much power.

2San

I haven't encountered this problem in EU-Tera either(then again, I haven't played that much). That's some bullshit though. :|

There are so few 60s on dragonfall that its pretty time consuming to get a group together. I ended up just doing dailies on my main and rolling a sorc alt until more people hit 60.

Torraz

Guess as a nearly 44 zerker I'll have to alt it up, unless something changes. Warrior should be good with the "tanking patch", right? Decent dps, good BAM soloing capabilities, should be good at getting groups...

Rinoa

Camera takes precedent for most attacks. Face the opposite direction and try combo attack or block, for example. Also try charging an attack and then rotating the camera.

I'm not sure about block, but combo attack always goes in the direction you are moving as a 'zerker, and uses the camera if no directional buttons are being held. Which I find highly annoying and wish I could disable.

Got it, I was wondering why my character seemed out of control when using "character direction" and trying to aim by constantly pressing the direction as I use skills.

Guess as a nearly 44 zerker I'll have to alt it up, unless something changes. Warrior should be good with the "tanking patch", right? Decent dps, good BAM soloing capabilities, should be good at getting groups...

Does the patch allow War to queue as tank? And if it did, does the patch give abilities for War to crowd control like a Lancer? From what I read of the English communities, that may not be enough to get rid of the Lancer preference.

T.O.P

Banned
The community is getting bitchier as level goes by, god

And whe lost the second gvg against darkness, they ganked all our low lvl players for the entire war, we got an alliance with a few other guilds, gonna kick their asses hard next weekend

3) Queue as group
When Dave Inc. and I tried to do our first instance yesterday we couldn't figure out how to queue as a group. He did something where when he clicked a button he immediately went into a queue, but it kicked me out of the group and he got a 15 minute debuff when he grouped back up with me. What did we do wrong?

Hi, fellow priest : )

I see others have answered most of your other questions, so I'll just cover this one. If your husband was not the party leader in your own tiny group, he will be queued to an instance on his own. The party leader has to be the one that initiate the queue for the whole group to be taken into the instance matching.

Hope that helps!

And, glad to hear you are enjoying the healing in TERA. I found it very disorienting at first, cuz I was expecting to be health-bar monitor and just click on the players' names or bars to heal them, but TERA's healing system is quite engaging. It really differentiate good healers from inexperienced ones.

BoL is a fairly breezy dungeon, I reckon you both will find the next dungeon to be more exciting (Sinestral Manor).

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I killed my first BAM basilisk the other day! I was soloing it and a nice elin lancer came over and helped me kill it.
I was pretty proud I was able to keep on top of the auras and healing while still doing damage. But I ran into some mana issues at the tail end of the fight.

Bam's are fun :3

I killed my first BAM basilisk the other day! I was soloing it and a nice elin lancer came over and helped me kill it.
I was pretty proud I was able to keep on top of the auras and healing while still doing damage. But I ran into some mana issues at the tail end of the fight.

Bam's are fun :3

Which basilisks, anuxinamon? The ones in the desert, or the level 20 ones at Oblivion Woods?

BAMs are fun, yes : D

You're a mystic, right? I love soloing BAMs as mystic. Drop some balls, thrall at them and then just learn their tells whilst managing kiting and cursing. If you can map your sleep spell to be handy for when they are enraged, that also helps out a lot.

Orisks and the funny looking dragon-thingers that stuck their tail up like a giant flower in Aurum Road areas are also fun.

NeOak

You're in SI, right?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know lancers kicking zerkers for gear is the dumbest shit in the world when the gear ends up being class based in the end anyways. I'd kick them for be a shitty class before kicking them for gear. But I'd played with so many fucking god tier levels of SHITTY PLAYER slayers that leveled up mashing buttons that cant dodge an aoe for shit. That Id bring a damn zerker along just cause they would have more knowledge of the damn game already by default.

Besides most non greedy as fuck players know what pieces of gear to give up for other players over themselves. Say if we had a slayer in the group and I was tanking as a war. I wouldnt touch the gloves if they droped but said slayer wouldnt touch the chest if it was a good upgrade for me. Sadly most people are just loot whores.

Ryuuga

Banned
It doesn't matter if they get leader or not.

"Kick the Berserker or I leave."

Well it's a good thing that me and my lancer friend play together mostly. Though I can't say I've experienced this on Dragonfall yet, in fact a lot of the lancers here look forward to instructions from others.

Torraz

Anyone know if it is possible to disable the floating combat text (periodical hp/mana regen due to crystals)? The numbers are in screenshots even if one CTRL+Zs.

I tried looking in UI settings but found nothing.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Which basilisks, anuxinamon? The ones in the desert, or the level 20 ones at Oblivion Woods?

BAMs are fun, yes : D

You're a mystic, right? I love soloing BAMs as mystic. Drop some balls, thrall at them and then just learn their tells whilst managing kiting and cursing. If you can map your sleep spell to be handy for when they are enraged, that also helps out a lot.

Orisks and the funny looking dragon-thingers that stuck their tail up like a giant flower in Aurum Road areas are also fun.

I fought some egg bam by accident, is that the one you are talking about? It totally owned me as it caught me off guard xD

Just the level 20 basilisks :D I'm still only 21, don't get much time to play :(

I get confused with the target lock and press skill again abilities. I'm trying to get the hang of it.

But yeah I prepared my fighting area with 20 balls hahahah. Just in case something went south.

I also hooked up a couple of glyphs for the first time. A healing and debuff glyph. Am I able to diversify my glyph point allocation a bit or should I stick to one or two abilities?

Lhexh

I am calling together a meeting with all the Berserkers.

Berserkers unite, We will stage a sit in in a particular area and lag it up real bad somehow. I will iron out the details later. We can't allow them to treat us like this I call for an equality of all classes and races.

I think we should collect names of these certain players and make a thread on the official forums.

Rulza

Neo Member
I am calling together a meeting with all the Berserkers.

Berserkers unite, We will stage a sit in in a particular area and lag it up real bad somehow. I will iron out the details later. We can't allow them to treat us like this I call for an equality of all classes and races.

I think we should collect names of these certain players and make a thread on the official forums.

lol, the zerker revolution is here.

I fought some egg bam by accident, is that the one you are talking about? It totally owned me as it caught me off guard xD

Just the level 20 basilisks :D I'm still only 21, don't get much time to play :(

I get confused with the target lock and press skill again abilities. I'm trying to get the hang of it.

But yeah I prepared my fighting area with 20 balls hahahah. Just in case something went south.

I also hooked up a couple of glyphs for the first time. A healing and debuff glyph. Am I able to diversify my glyph point allocation a bit or should I stick to one or two abilities?

Aah, those basilisks : ) Sure brings back memories !

Yea, you need to get used to the press-skill-again : ) It took me awhile too, haha.

20 balls seem a lot, Anuxinamon! They disappear after 5 minutes, you know? So, just drop 10 or so, and keep dropping one or two every other minute once the fight starts (when it's safe to do so). And, remember to mana-recharge when you can, as well!

I mostly use up my glyphs for the curse and target healing abilities. When you get to SM, you will need to heal more than one team members at once, so you may want to +1 recipient on your heal spell. I also think I glyph up on the casting speed on one of my skills.

Oh, the egg BAMs, Arakia and Ovoliths.... those are great fun too : ) Once you learn their tells, they are very fun to fight : D Big, angry spiders hahaha

Visceir

Besides most non greedy as fuck players know what pieces of gear to give up for other players over themselves. Say if we had a slayer in the group and I was tanking as a war. I wouldnt touch the gloves if they droped but said slayer wouldnt touch the chest if it was a good upgrade for me. Sadly most people are just loot whores.

Chest is way more expensive than gloves and everyone needs the -xx% dmg from large monsters, dunno why I would ever give up a chest armor, lol. I'm open to sharing things with my friends, in fact I just handed a golden earring to my lancer friend, but if it's a stranger I let the dice do the talking.

As for the last boss in BT and dying to it, sometimes my evasive roll bugs out and makes me roll forwards instead of backwards as I intended to. When that happens I roll directly underneath the boss and theres no escape after that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Chest is way more expensive than gloves and everyone needs the -xx% dmg from large monsters, dunno why I would ever give up a chest armor, lol. I'm open to sharing things with my friends, in fact I just handed a golden earring to my lancer friend, but if it's a stranger I let the dice do the talking.

As for the last boss in BT and dying to it, sometimes my evasive roll bugs out and makes me roll forwards instead of backwards as I intended to. When that happens I roll directly underneath the boss and theres no escape after that.

and you are part of the problem. Tanks need the chest way more than any of the dps roles. If you are sucking ass and eating aoes all day like a failure the armor isnt gonna magically make you suck less

As for how to fix your mess up, dont you have a backstab type move? just use that really fast.

Owensboro

Hi, fellow priest : )

I see others have answered most of your other questions, so I'll just cover this one. If your husband was not the party leader in your own tiny group, he will be queued to an instance on his own. The party leader has to be the one that initiate the queue for the whole group to be taken into the instance matching.

Hope that helps!

And, glad to hear you are enjoying the healing in TERA. I found it very disorienting at first, cuz I was expecting to be health-bar monitor and just click on the players' names or bars to heal them, but TERA's healing system is quite engaging. It really differentiate good healers from inexperienced ones.

BoL is a fairly breezy dungeon, I reckon you both will find the next dungeon to be more exciting (Sinestral Manor).

Hahahahaha. While I do enjoy Dave Inc's company very much, I think my girlfriend would be very upset to find out he's my husband :).

In all seriousness though, thanks for that answer. It took me reading that to realize that I probably was the group leader the whole damn time and didn't even realize it. I can be such an idiot sometimes.

The healing it Tera so far is pretty damn great. I know I've said this already, but actually looking at the Monsters, and reading their tells, and having to judge where to put healing circles on the ground (Did the monster jump away? Try and set the circle so your party runs through it on the way to it) is so incredibly refreshing. I'm so used to Party and Raid healing being me staring at a grid of names and playing whack a mole. Now, I just want to get to the point where I can run in and help the party with Damage! Mele-healer, activate!

Hahahahaha. While I do enjoy Dave Inc's company very much, I think my girlfriend would be very upset to find out he's my husband :).

In all seriousness though, thanks for that answer. It took me reading that to realize that I probably was the group leader the whole damn time and didn't even realize it. I can be such an idiot sometimes. Thanks again!

The healing it Tera so far is pretty damn great. I know I've said this already, but actually looking at the Monsters, and reading their tells, and having to judge where to put healing circles on the ground (Did the monster jump away? Try and set the circle so your party runs through it on the way to it) is so incredibly refreshing. I'm so used to Party and Raid healing being me staring at a grid of names and playing whack a mole. Now, I just want to get to the point where I can run in and help the party with Damage! Mele-healer, activate!

Oh sorry! LOL

I misread : D and no problems, I was in similar mishaps too, with the instance matching thing.

And yea, TERA's battle system is very refreshing : ) The self-heal is pretty handy, too, to 'tank' (sort of), for the regular quest monsters. LOL. But, yea, I definitely hear you on the switching from whack-a-mole type of play style to actually being engaged in what's happening in the combat. It's the one thing that keeps me in TERA atm.

Melee-healer unit, go go! Sounds like a plan to me : D

Xiaoki

Ive seen a bit of the Lancer arrogance problem and well know the DPS queue problem.

En Masse really needs to unlock the Nexus before the first month is up to keep people occupied and temporarily forget about the above 2 problems long enough for Blue Hole to sort out Warrior tanking.

The first subscription month is a big deal and a lot of people are on the fence because of this. En Masse cant afford to lose subscriptions unnecessarily.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Aah, those basilisks : ) Sure brings back memories !

Yea, you need to get used to the press-skill-again : ) It took me awhile too, haha.

20 balls seem a lot, Anuxinamon! They disappear after 5 minutes, you know? So, just drop 10 or so, and keep dropping one or two every other minute once the fight starts (when it's safe to do so). And, remember to mana-recharge when you can, as well!

I mostly use up my glyphs for the curse and target healing abilities. When you get to SM, you will need to heal more than one team members at once, so you may want to +1 recipient on your heal spell. I also think I glyph up on the casting speed on one of my skills.

Oh, the egg BAMs, Arakia and Ovoliths.... those are great fun too : ) Once you learn their tells, they are very fun to fight : D Big, angry spiders hahaha

Ohhh thanks for the info :D:D:D:D

I didn't know the balls dissapear! =O I made a huge path of balls in the noob zone when I first started. Like a trail of breadcrumbs.

Sblargh

Banned
Well, what I really hope is that when the guild gets a lot of 60s (which I think it will take a bit for me yet), we can group with each other and not have to deal with people kicking people over other people's arrogance.
Seriously, it's some fucked up stories and kind of depress me having to deal with assholery in colorful loliland of the hot elves. Doesn't people have more "serious" games to be assholes there?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
There is always going to be a DPS problem regardless. They will always be the most played classes and less played classes will have more pull in groups.

My advice is the same I kept in WoW and other MMOs. If you are a good player, you don't have to worry. It will work out.

There is always going to be a DPS problem regardless. They will always be the most played classes and less played classes will have more pull in groups.

My advice is the same I kept in WoW and other MMOs. If you are a good player, you don't have to worry. It will work out.

That doesn't really work, people are getting kicked from group at the start, you wont be able to show if you are skillful and they really don't care because its all about loot. The only solution is to tell these people to play diablo 3, the real loot game.

My advice to the whole situation is to just roll with guild groups, try and set up a group that will consistently play with you and so you will always have a spot.

Sounds like berserkers got it tough but it could explain the 3 berserker parties I keep running into when people ask for Bam or dungeon questions.

mileS

Anyone know if it is possible to disable the floating combat text (periodical hp/mana regen due to crystals)? The numbers are in screenshots even if one CTRL+Zs.

I tried looking in UI settings but found nothing.

yea I hate this as well.

RSLAEV

By only giving us one tanking class and making it such a chore to play enmasse/bluehole created the perfect setup for "jerk-tank" syndrome :( sorry zerkers...

Top Bottom