• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
VoT. Trying to get goons or random pubbies to level through the area and maybe to 60 is like pulling teeth.

TFT's active players instantly dropped by 50% on May 15th. I heard NFA and DGKK are being killed too right now. I really should go play Diablo III too while I wait for people come back to Tera instead of bashing my head against a wall looking for groups to run dungeons when the guild has so few actives.

:lol

50 to 60 really is a "one less to go, yay"… I had to grind half of my level 52 because I skipped everything in Serpentis Isle. I did Akasha's Hideout until finally leveling.
Now I'm 53 at 50%. Finally have quests, but it does take longer to do them. You do see more people looking for a group to quest though, as everyone is noticing the same difficulty increase.

Don't worry once you hit the 55 zone it speeds back up pretty damn fast. The 58 zone has quest that take like 5 minutes to do at most and give between 1mil- 2.5mil exp.

At level 20 you get glyphs aka skill mods, at 11 you get your mount. Game starts off a little slow cause they want to ease people into it. Once you get around 20 *takes only a few hours* The game starts to open up to more of what you can expect it to be. Just don't get used to how easy it is and practice avoiding hits and stuff properly as end game mobs actually do hurt. A lot

There are also cyrstals you can buy from crystal merchants that you put in your armor and weapons. They are reuseable and can be taken back out. Get the hp regen, and movement speed out of combat one as soon as you get to the first area that has shops and get the mp regen stuff for your weapon crystals. They stack unless it says otherwise. Once you get to about 25 or so start using one bonus crit damage to enrage monsters in your weapon. Remove the bonus movement speed out of combat crystal for another hp regen crystal at 11.

Also take the time to up your gathering, you have 4 bank slots shared across acounts you can store the materials in for later, you can do any craft and any gathering when ever you want. Gathering has a chance give you passive hp regen, mp regen, more stam *max hp and mp increase for a short bit*, and movement speed in combat buffs every time you gather and they stack up. Once you hit 300 gathering on all 3 types of nodes you actually get a whole extra row of bag space. Just save the mats for leveling a craft you want later as it's too expensive early game but it becomes easy as hell to level late game.

Oh and be on the look out for specialty vendors they might not be in every region but they have better versions of crystals, badages, charms that buff you when thrown in a fire for 15 mins, and teleport scrolls that take you instantly to a dungeons location.

And thats the basics oh this video is nice too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RksKxhzrBZU

Thanks a bunch!

One question: is it feasible to use the controller exclusively to play this game? I realize you can use it for battle, but can you stick with it for all the menus and whatnot effectively?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Thanks a bunch!

One question: is it feasible to use the controller exclusively to play this game? I realize you can use it for battle, but can you stick with it for all the menus and whatnot effectively?

It's pretty damn possible on a slayer to use a controller. But overall it's still slower than mouse keyboard. but slayers have pretty forgiving hit boxes so it works still :p

It's pretty damn possible on a slayer to use a controller. But overall it's still slower than mouse keyboard. but slayers have pretty forgiving hit boxes so it works still :p

That's great. The main reason I wanted this game was the fact that I can use a controller. The way my setup is, using a keyboard is a pain. Slayer it is then...

VanillaPMP

Neo Member
Solo-leveling a mystic is a pretty miserable experience in my opinion. You only have a few boring attacks and it takes forever to kill mobs compared to DPS classes. Mystics are super fun to play in groups though!

Ya just watched a video and they were not what I expected. I usually like playing hybrid classes or summoners, but the Mystic doesn't seem like a very fun class to play and none of the others seem to fill that role.

Since I will probably be going with a dps class, are there any which are more valuable in a group situation?

T.O.P

Banned
LOL just learned the haste skill with my sorc, this thing is OP at so many level (70-80.000 dmg more or less in just 10 sec) <3

Sblargh

Banned
My priest is lvl 36 and soloing with him it's godlike so far. There are a bunch (3 so far) litte AoE spells that demolish anything that I have encountered. And then you just heal yourself.

Just started playing a Sorcerer. Not sure if I like it. Every time I attack, I notice I walk really slow in battle, making it hard to dodge attacks.

Noticing a lot of projectile players too and not much swords. Has there been any word when the updates to the cooldown system is released? I want to play as a Warrior, but the dodging cooldown is annoying.

Lebron

Sorcerer is probably the best, or one of, evaders in the game. Starting out you just have the backstep skill, which make it seems like you're disadvantaged.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just started playing a Sorcerer. Not sure if I like it. Every time I attack, I notice I walk really slow in battle, making it hard to dodge attacks.

Noticing a lot of projectile players too and not much swords. Has there been any word when the updates to the cooldown system is released? I want to play as a Warrior, but the dodging cooldown is annoying.

You dont need to dodge THAT often on a warrior. Just walk out of the way of attacks. The reasons dodge is getting revamped on wars is because they cant tank some of the end games mob when they enrage. There is a crystal that increases your movement speed in combat. Use that if moving slow in combat is getting annoying :p

Visceir

Finally got my enigmatic lvl 60 chest armor. Now I have the whole set: +6 shoes/gloves/chest. Also switched out my rings for slotted ones that give 2 crit.

Did a few BT runs, still no weapon for me. Has been and will still be my main goal to get that damn weapon.

Also realized how amazing some of the daily quest store items are. Shame it will take me ~18 days of doing daily quests to actually have the needed credit for the stuff I want.

Are there pictures somewhere on the net of all the hats/headgear you can make/get? It's rather odd that they aren't more common in the game yet.

Edit: After a little googling I found this: http://tera.hangame.com/wiki/read.nhn?docNo=15705

Finally started playing. Went through some of the prologue as a Slayer, then quit and started again as a Sorcerer. I think I like the feel better.

Question: When I restarted, I opted to skip the prologue. Thing is, I didn't make it though the entire prologue my first time through. Did I miss anything important? I see they knocked me down from level 20 to level 1, I assume there was a story reason for that?

And lastly, any tips for a Sorcerer?

Finally started playing. Went through some of the prologue as a Slayer, then quit and started again as a Sorcerer. I think I like the feel better.

Question: When I restarted, I opted to skip the prologue. Thing is, I didn't make it though the entire prologue my first time through. Did I miss anything important? I see they knocked me down from level 20 to level 1, I assume there was a story reason for that?

And lastly, any tips for a Sorcerer?

The prologue actually is petty terrible.

In terms of story, you fight some BAMs with Elleon and he disappears

You dont need to dodge THAT often on a warrior. Just walk out of the way of attacks. The reasons dodge is getting revamped on wars is because they cant tank some of the end games mob when they enrage. There is a crystal that increases your movement speed in combat. Use that if moving slow in combat is getting annoying :p

So it's only for wars and not general gameplay? I got my ass kicked pretty good with the Warrior class in the beta because of the cooldown. I guess I'm too used to Vindictus and being able to dodge and weave whenever I want.

The story is pretty boring at this point. If it wasn't for the gameplay, the grind wouldn't be worth it. The Prologue really just shows off your potential of the class and is pretty good at helping you pick and that's about it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I thought they were just fancy loading screens.

It's nice that you can quickload by hitting ESC during those moments, more games should use this tech.

Izayoi

Banned
Yay~

7cgzj1.png

Now to get it to +9...

Haly

Yeah, when you roll an alt you should pay more attention to all the PLOT in the second continent.

Particularly Fraya's PLOTS.

Kerrinck

Do I get a free month after I get the game?
Bought it through amazon yesterday and when I tried to log in today, it said my subscription had already expired.

Haly

You need to set up a subscription but you won't be charged until the end of the free month.

I'm at level 9, liking it so far as a Sorcerer.

Having some issues though:

-Often during combat a message will pop up saying 'can't log out during combat', and I'm like what the fuck, I'm not trying to log out.

-Further on that, often when I'm not in combat I'll often get a message pop up saying 'returning to character screen', again, when I haven't pressed anything to indicate to the game that I wanna log out. I can hit 'cancel' to negate it, but it's damn annoying.

-Sometimes my character will run in a direction without any input for me, lasts for several seconds, even when I push another direction (I'm playing with a 360 wired controller) and it reminds me of when on consoles the analog calibration would be off if you turned on the console while pressing a direction on the analog stick.

Am I the only one experiencing this crap? Playing on a good PC, and the game runs fine performance-wise.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

-Often during combat a message will pop up saying 'can't log out during combat', and I'm like what the fuck, I'm not trying to log out.

-Further on that, often when I'm not in combat I'll often get a message pop up saying 'returning to character screen', again, when I haven't pressed anything to indicate to the game that I wanna log out. I can hit 'cancel' to negate it, but it's damn annoying.

-Sometimes my character will run in a direction without any input for me, lasts for several seconds, even when I push another direction (I'm playing with a 360 wired controller) and it reminds me of when on consoles the analog calibration would be off if you turned on the console while pressing a direction on the analog stick.

Am I the only one experiencing this crap? Playing on a good PC, and the game runs fine performance-wise.

Sounds like an issue with the controller, try to recalibrate it or try another one. Or just take it out and plug it back in.

mintylurb

I've been playing with my 360 controller and haven't experienced such issues.

Anyway, with fxaa injector, this game looks pretty nice..but that's the only positive thing I could say about the game so far.

kevm3

This game is a lot of fun... maybe since this is my first mmo and i haven't been worn out on the whole 'mmo grind and fetch quest' thing. the fighting system keeps it interesting.

Top Bottom