• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

NeOak

They posted this on fb:

https://www.facebook.com/TERAonline/posts/10151771162960032 said:
As some TERA fans have already noticed, all servers had nexuses appear today starting at 5:00 PM Pacific. This was a soft-launch test of our timing and hardware.

If things go well tonight, we'll provide all the details tomorrow for official times and information about the ongoing nexus cycle.

Also, Serpentis Isle is back up and ready for you!

Ricker

I can't play now because it says my account has expired...it always said that it would expire today,even though I took the 3 month plan and I was told that was normal that my account said expires on 5/30...this doesn't seem to be the case...I really hope I dont have to wait for 3 hours for the chat support this time...

LuCkymoON

Banned
Screenshot time!
Reiza_theBlade.png

I am the hero this server needs! >:)

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Whaaa? Whats nexus?! I need to go read up on this!

Anuxinamon, you're oceanic time zone too? Oh, but you can play in the morning! So lucky. I get stuck at work in the morning : (

Yeah, the levelling thing. It's hard. I do the red quests and instances first before I do the yellow quests, so at least I wont be too overlevel for the instances. But, yeah.... this game just throws quests at you, really. And I can be a bit of a completionist, so I struggle with this aspect of TERA. I probably need to skip some, cuz they get a little overwhelming, the dingdingdingDING.... lol.

haha! Yeah I'm oceanic too :D QLDer of Australia :)

Forkball

I'm level 17 now, getting a bit tired of these mundane quests. I know this game is supposedly rich in end game content, but I really wish there was some more diverse gameplay.

PewPewK

I'm level 17 now, getting a bit tired of these mundane quests. I know this game is supposedly rich in end game content, but I really wish there was some more diverse gameplay.

Quests stay mundane throughout the entire experience. Only thing that makes it bearable is the significantly better than your standard MMO gameplay.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Did you fight any Basilisks yet? :D thats where fun really starts!

I randomly join a mate to grind BAM's for a few hours every day. And hit Y to find any parties looking for healers to help with BAM's. It's super fun :D

OKAY! So the nexus is like Rifts in, well Rift! That's cool! :D Is it only for end game (lvl 60's)?

Yesnoyesno: xD Its pretty damm cold up here too! At l;east my computer is running cooler so I can play Tera for longer :3

Yesnoyesno: xD Its pretty damm cold up here too! At l;east my computer is running cooler so I can play Tera for longer :3

A new china moon, you can just call me yny for short XD That's one good thing about the winter months, I agree, computers seem to run happier : )

AND WOW NEXUS STUFF. I WANTS~

Izayoi

Banned
It's theorized that it will block a relatively small amount of damage - 10k to 15k - in order to make trash tankable on Warriors, which honestly would be totally fine, as bosses (especially on hardmode) would still one-two shot them through block. And while they are getting a block, Lancers are getting a dodge at the same time. Depending on the cooldown, I'd say it evens out.

2San

It's theorized that it will block a relatively small amount of damage - 10k to 15k - in order to make trash tankable on Warriors, which honestly would be totally fine, as bosses (especially on hardmode) would still one-two shot them through block. And while they are getting a block, Lancers are getting a dodge at the same time. Depending on the cooldown, I'd say it evens out.
True, we have to see how it turns out. At face value it seems pretty crazy.

Despite the 3 FPS slideshows, Nexus was pretty fun. A few people in our guild already got the mask for dealing the most damage to the Nexus lord. First run on Temple was pretty decent but it looks like it might take a while to get those advanced glyphs.

QotA Part 2 details. Warriors get a block, a huge debuff, some other shit - Lancers get a backstep and a guaranteed knockdown. Three new 5-man instances, two raids, revamp of the Nexus stuff. Ultra-rare "black edition" armor. 15 vs. 15 cross-server battlegrounds. New BAMs and new bosses. Bluehole pumping that shit out.

<snip>

WOW. I hope this gets localized quickly. Warrior tank queuing ftw! Now, how about that Berserker revamp?

Ricker

QotA Part 2 details. Warriors get a block, a huge debuff, some other shit - Lancers get a backstep and a guaranteed knockdown. Three new 5-man instances, two raids, revamp of the Nexus stuff. Ultra-rare "black edition" armor. 15 vs. 15 cross-server battlegrounds. New BAMs and new bosses. Bluehole pumping that shit out.

yIPhN.jpg

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=97015

Haha,it's like she is going ''deal with it''...awesome ;)

So my subscription issue is fixed...for a few days anyway,I could log in this morning.

look like they extended the sub. i let the sub expire sicne may 27th. just logged in today and it shows june 2th

edit: derp. it was posted yesterday.

elwes

I really wish Archers got some ranged stun/slow abilities earlier on. The traps are fine during PVE, but I find myself getting ganked hard in PVP due to the fact that all of my best attacks require charging. I've gotten a glyph that reduces movement speed penalty for Penetrating Arrow, and I'm trying to decide if I want the same glyph for Radiant Arrow, or a glyph that reduces the charge up on one of those.

Do any late game archers have some advice regarding things that worked for them?

I haven't had a ton of time to play yet, unfortunately, so I'm only level 7 or 8. I submitted an application for my character Xiaoling on Valley of Titans last night. Not sure if it was approved yet, but I guess I'll find out later tonight!

Anyway, I have been running the game with the graphics fully cranked and I haven't run into a spot of slowdown thus far, though I'm not sure what my framerate is at. I think it is probably because the intro areas are sort of sparsely populated, but I'm still impressed, considering how good the game looks. If things start to slow down for me a bit I will put some of the settings down to get it to run more smoothly, but for now I want to enjoy the beautiful scenery.

A question though, can targeted heals get line of sighted by enemies? Like if I am about to heal someone and a monster runs into my path, will the heal target what is behind the monster or will I have to move? I don't mind moving, in fact I think it would be cool if it did work like that to keep healers on their feet. Definitely adds a dynamic element.

ithorien

Anyone interested in purchasing the game and need a 25% off code?

Received two of these a while back in my email and I won't be purchasing any time soon, it expires tonight at 11:59 PDT. I'll reply to first two PMs interested.

Forgot to post my douche of the day story.

We were running Fane with three guild members (myself included), a random Archer, and this tank named "Strength" from Feral Valley, I believe (might have been Basilisk Crag - I'll have to check). We are clearing the dungeon like pros until we get to the fireball room. The Archer calls the room and on the first spawn he dies pretty quickly after going in. No big deal, we have done plenty of runs where someone has fucked up in the room and it's really not a problem. The Slayer runs in as backup and finishes it up. The Slayer from our guild says he will do the next room and we raise the Archer and defeat the boss without any other problems.

The tank makes a comment about the Archer and calls us all "bad". I ignore it as we make the run to the final boss and throw down a fire for charms and buffs. While waiting, this Lancer, Strength, proceeds to lay into the Archer about how he is terrible and shouldn't be doing the fireball room if he doesn't know how and complains about the Archer not having any purple potions (stam pots). I feel bad for the Archer but continue to ignore the Lancer while we wait for stamina. The Archer responds in kind asking what the guy's problem is and the Lancer demands that we kick the archer or he leaves. On the last fucking boss. We start discussing it in guild chat and I really feel like kicking the tank instead, just because of how big a douche he's being. He literally says something to the effect of "Giving you to 10 and I'm gone" and then proceeds to count down in party chat "10...9...8...etc.". We basically tell the guy to fuck off and leave at that point, which he does but not before counting down line-by-line from 10 to 1 first.

We decide to 4-man the last boss just for the hell of it because it is nearly impossible to find a new tank once a dungeon is in progress. We weren't really that optimistic about winning but we run in with high spirits and actually do it without any problems at all. I traded hate back and forth with the Slayer and we barely took any damage, and the hate flipping caused the boss to interrupt a lot of his own attacks. The Archer thanked us for not kicking him and said we were the coolest players he ever met through LFD on the Valley. Feels good man.

I took screenshots of everything and was debating on exposing the tank and rubbing it in his face on the official forums (childish, I know), but I probably won't. I really can't wait for the day when Lancers aren't the only tank in town.

RSLAEV

Don't read the quests, it'll only slow you down. They really aren't worth it, really. If you want to know what's going on just look for a summary online.

I went from 1-39 meticulously reading all of the quest text but I got tired of the leather armor look so I re-rolled a lancer.I'm getting much more satisfaction from being able to drop in, speedily do a handful of quests and log out than I was doing half of the quests in the same amount of time because I was reading the text.

Forgot to post my douche of the day story.

I don't know why people insist on taking this game so seriously-I can't wait for the next big name MMO to come along and strip away all of the assholes from Tera

Anyone interested in purchasing the game and need a 25% off code?

Received two of these a while back in my email and I won't be purchasing any time soon, it expires tonight at 11:59 PDT. I'll reply to first two PMs interested.

My two friends are considering purchasing the game. I think they would be pretty grateful if you could share! Thanks mate!

Liberty4all

Banned
Cancelled my sub today. (side note: you will NOT be able to cancel via the website, it doesn't work. You have to go through chat support)

I enjoyed my time in Tera (made it to level 35), but there's just so much else coming out I find it hard to justify a subscription based model. With that said I don't regret the 50 bucks I spent. I've gotten way less game time out of other similar priced titles. And I may come back to Tera every now and then.

Cancelled my sub today. (side note: you will NOT be able to cancel via the website, it doesn't work. You have to go through chat support)

I enjoyed my time in Tera (made it to level 35), but there's just so much else coming out I find it hard to justify a subscription based model. With that said I don't regret the 50 bucks I spent. I've gotten way less game time out of other similar priced titles. And I may come back to Tera every now and then.

i canceled via website. it shows error but if you go back it'll be canceled.

TGMIII

Thats happening today actually.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=96697

This is the first round and only charge times and Unchained Anger is changed.

Does that mean the BG's are actually going to be added in a reasonable amount of time then? I just canceled my sub but might just resub if this is coming any time soon. Also did they up the cap on EU servers before the queues start or have that many people stopped playing, haven't seen a queue on Essenia since the first week of launch.

Izayoi

Banned
Does that mean the BG's are actually going to be added in a reasonable amount of time then? I just canceled my sub but might just resub if this is coming any time soon. Also did they up the cap on EU servers before the queues start or have that many people stopped playing, haven't seen a queue on Essenia since the first week of launch.
The caps were only there to balance server populations right around launch, they've all been removed.

Top Bottom