• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Tess3ract

Banned
I bet archers are going to get it too most likely.

The way I see zerks working better is to double the charge time of their attacks and cut the dmg on them in half and reduce the cooldowns as well. Would make them more in line with the other dps classes and make it so they are not so slow and clunky in the more intense fights. At the same time it wont break them in pvp due to the reduced burst damage.

Here's how to fix berserkers: Give us a god damn fucking instant stun for 3 seconds.

BAM

EAT MY GODDAMN AXE YOU MOBILE PIECE OF SHIT CLASSES

Owensboro

For those that don't know: A bunch of Vanity Items were unlocked through the Facebook Promotion.

Rewards and Codes: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/unlock-in-game-prizes-by-sharing-tera
500 Shares: Black Horn-Rimmed Eyeglasses
Game Code Unlocked: smarty pants!
A must-have if you want to look smart—or at least smarter.

1,000 Shares: Pirate Eye Patch
Game Code Unlocked: ahoy matey!
A black eye patch printed with a skull.

5,000 Shares: Shadowcat Mask
Game Code Unlocked: I can has mask!
Stalk your enemies in the dark with this mask. WARNING: Mask will not actually help you see in the dark.

25,000 Shares: Dread Pirate's Dark Hat
Game Code Unlocked: swashbucklers!
A dashing corsair's hat, made exclusively for you by Meruma.

Hurry! This event ends on June 1 at 11:59 PM Pacific! These cosmetic items are all permanent and can be redeemed for one character per account. The game codes will be redeemable until one week after the end of the event.

How to use the codes: https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/210/

Paprikka

So how does the guild bank fee work? I didn't even realize there was a cost to it till it asked for 3g today when I tried to stick in some tokens.

Rinoa

Somewhat random but scary.

Three people I know of had credit card fraud within a week after inputting their CC to en masse's site to subscribe to TERA. One of them has only ever used the credit card for TERA and nothing else. The charges all came from apple itunes usa and none of them have itunes.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Ken, I'm on Serpentis Isle, cuz Oceanic time zone based.

I'm oceanic in my time zone but I only get time to play in the morning so I don't mind being on NA time zone for that xD

When you were levelling, what level did you start catching up to the quests? I'm still like 4-5 levels over my current quest monsters. Doing all the bam grinding for Titan runes and instances might help but I am not sure for how long.

Visceir

Yup, eventhough there are many aspect of the game I don't like, pvp with this combat system is amazing.

The sorc can kill a slayer(especially if the slayer start with 0mp). It goes either way at lvl 47 at least. I'm personally not that familiar with lvl60 pvp. In that gif, the sorc screwed up the glacier retreat. The sorc said the slayer was on him in his screen, not sure if this is a excuse(his pc is crappy tho). The punishment of that mistake looked awesome, hence the gif. :p

From what I hear Warriors deal with Slayers decently as well.

I had quite a few duels with my sorc friend and he could occasionally beat me when his mana drain ability wasn't on cooldown. It did seem like that thing had a loong cooldown though as it wasn't ready for all duels.

Guess it's rather obvious but still worth mentioning that skill played a big role. The first few duels I took him down rather easily and slowly he adjusted to my attacks and got better at fighting me. At that time I didn't have my lvl 60 enig weapon yet so my attacks were rather slow.

And yes, warriors are most likely the biggest headache for me. Especially if I wear all-crit gear and no stun resistance (which I normally do).

New Patch changes
Added a new level 60 dungeon instance: Temple of Temerity.
Temple of Temerity has been added to Instance Matching

Dire badge merchants will sell specific advanced glyphs (unlike honey badger merchants, who just don't give a…)

It’s worth noting, the residents of Val Kaeli have reported atmospheric disturbances in the skies…

Why isn't there more talk about this? This seems HUGE content wise =o

New dungeon, finally access to advanced glyphs (3x crit rate YES PLEASE) and nexuses finally in game.

Somewhat random but scary.

Three people I know of had credit card fraud within a week after inputting their CC to en masse's site to subscribe to TERA. One of them has only ever used the credit card for TERA and nothing else. The charges all came from apple itunes usa and none of them have itunes.

Wow that sucks. Hopefully they get it settled and that its not because of Tera, and if it is because of Tera then I hope paying by paypal express is somehow the safer.

Free Tier 13s for everyone!

Nexus T13s are for PvP though, or something. The gear division in this game is confusing.

A revamp? Huh, that's interesting. Guess they scrapped the idea of just a minor buff.

If they are planning on keeping the endgame boss fights the same, they have to revamp.

The irony is that supposedly the 60 dungeons are the way they are in order to be harsh to zerkers, because they were doing too well with previous dungeons. Now they have to revamp zerkers to be more in-line with the gameplay the new dungeons demand. This is an example of success actually being failure.

Also, they have to revamp if they want to make zerkers 1v1 PvP-viable. I'm sorry, there's just no way a class which has to charge every skill WHILE EVERYONE AROUND HIM WATCHES, which has no gap-closers or escapes, which has no real stuns, can be 1v1 PvP-viable in it's current state. As much as I hate to say it, because people who played WoW still rage about it, this is one situation where PvP dictates the revamp, not PvE. It happens that revamping zerker for PvP will likely improve the PvE in the current dungeon boss designs, but I have little doubt that PvP is what is driving Bluehole to revamp zerker.

Izayoi

Banned
You mean the nexus stuff or did I miss something? You still have to grind nexus rep, right? Wonder how time consuming that will end up being.
It is the Nexus gear I'm talking about. It didn't seem to take too terribly long in K-TERA, but who knows how they might've changed it.

Nexus T13s are for PvP though, or something. The gear division in this game is confusing.

If they are planning on keeping the endgame boss fights the same, they have to revamp.

The irony is that supposedly the 60 dungeons are the way they are in order to be harsh to zerkers, because they were doing too well with previous dungeons. Now they have to revamp zerkers to be more in-line with the gameplay the new dungeons demand. This is an example of success actually being failure.

Also, they have to revamp if they want to make zerkers 1v1 PvP-viable. I'm sorry, there's just no way a class which has to charge every skill WHILE EVERYONE AROUND HIM WATCHES, which has no gap-closers or escapes, which has no real stuns, can be 1v1 PvP-viable in it's current state. As much as I hate to say it, because people who played WoW still rage about it, this is one situation where PvP dictates the revamp, not PvE. It happens that revamping zerker for PvP will likely improve the PvE in the current dungeon boss designs, but I have little doubt that PvP is what is driving Bluehole to revamp zerker.
Nexus gear has some PvP stats but a lot of it is great for PvE too. I decimate in duels as a Zerk, I dunno. All about baiting people, if you can successfully bait someone chances are they're dead.

Visceir

Pretty sure PVP gear just means that it has a +/-10% damage from other players as one of the base bonuses. They still have higher attack than T12 weapons and you can roll PVE bonuses on it.

That new dungeon should be quite well suited for zerkers...if its all about defending the relic and blasting huge groups of monsters that is...

Edit: what I'm looking forward to the most is actually being able to purchase gold enchantment fodder for a low price. Currently T12 gold weapons cost 600 g, the nexus stuff is ~35 - 40 g

Nexus gear has some PvP stats but a lot of it is great for PvE too. I decimate in duels as a Zerk, I dunno. All about baiting people, if you can successfully bait someone chances are they're dead.

You should try dueling with people on the PvP server sometime. You might feel differently fighting people who actually fight people all the time. I can kill people who haven't ever fought in a duel too. I can't kill Lancers, Slayers, Warriors, Archers, or Sorcerers who know what they are doing, and I can only kill Mystics or Priests if I get the knockdown and can keep them pinned to the ground until I've erased their HP bar.

Lancers are in general unkillable by any class if they know what they are doing, so I'll give them a pass there. General OP-ness is just that. It was pretty hilarious watching a lancer in my guild stream a 5-Lancer BT run, they killed that Robot with like a minute to spare. But Slayers and Warriors will dodge anything I try to do, stunlock me, and then proceed to merrily kill me while I stand there helplessly. It's ludicrous that Slayers and Warriors get a backstab, a general stun, a rush skill, and a dodge that works every 4 seconds and zerkers get shit on a stick. Sorcerors are fucking ridiculous after they get their fastcast, even if I block I still get to stand in the circle of death until I die or I try to run, and then they immediately spellspam me until I die anyways. Archers are 50/50 for me, if I get in their face I can go for the KD and try to kill them fast, otherwise they'll just laugh at me from 10 meters until I'm dead.

Ricker

Dragonfall currently says that it's not available even though server Status says it's up and the server list says Medium...weird.

jiien

So how does the guild bank fee work? I didn't even realize there was a cost to it till it asked for 3g today when I tried to stick in some tokens.

Yeah, we had about 160 gold in there, until someone jacked all of it, and a bunch of the golds. Not sure why, but said person is also still in our guild, and hasn't really been on since everything was taken, so I'm not sure what happened there. The gold we kept in there was mostly just to reimburse people for having to pay the guild bank fee for everyone, if they happened to be the unlucky soul who was asked.

Next time I catch you online, I'll move you from Official Guild Master Slave to Official Former Guild Master Slave :D

Yeah, we had about 160 gold in there, until someone jacked all of it, and a bunch of the golds. Not sure why, but said person is also still in our guild, and hasn't really been on since everything was taken, so I'm not sure what happened there. The gold we kept in there was mostly just to reimburse people for having to pay the guild bank fee for everyone, if they happened to be the unlucky soul who was asked.

Next time I catch you online, I'll move you from Official Guild Master Slave to Official Former Guild Master Slave :D

damn, who did that??

jiien

damn, who did that??

Some dude named Based. I don't know if he was a GAF member though. It could be he actually needed the stuff, so I'm not assuming he was a terrible person yet. I mean, he did keep himself in the guild instead of leaving as soon as he took a bunch of stuff so... weird, at any rate.

Some dude named Based. I don't know if he was a GAF member though. It could be he actually needed the stuff, so I'm not assuming he was a terrible person yet. I mean, he did keep himself in the guild instead of leaving as soon as he took a bunch of stuff so... weird, at any rate.

don't worry. i'll put money in there. it's not like i have any use for gold other than waste it lulz

Ah, pretty sure he's not a GAFer

H3xum

Edit: Found the answer. Seems like the 2nd instance is for lvl 26min, recommended 28 for DPS

Also, I'm going to stroke myself a little bit. After watching videos of other Slayers on youtube running thru instances and such, I feel WAY better about myself. Everyone just does knockdown strike ---> overhead strike --->cool down ----> repeat. I'm apparently pro since I chain all of my skills.

Okay so my initial free month ran out, and I'm trying to add another one to play right now but... nothing seems to be updating. Is it supposed to show $0.00 as balance when Im adding time?

Why isn't there more talk about this? This seems HUGE content wise =o

New dungeon, finally access to advanced glyphs (3x crit rate YES PLEASE) and nexuses finally in game.

Advanced glyphs for Sorcerer aren't all that special.

There's one reduce healing on Burning Breath (PvP boost!) and a couple of lulzy ones for Arcane Pulse (can charge while moving, but why would you even use it in the first place) but really the best thing is to be able to free up a few extra points while keeping all the same ones you use now.

As for the new dungeon, I'd want to run it before making any comments, although I am getting tired of Fane of Kaprima not dropping T12 robes or boots.

H3xum

Okay so my initial free month ran out, and I'm trying to add another one to play right now but... nothing seems to be updating. Is it supposed to show $0.00 as balance when Im adding time?

If you speak to support they'll extend you for 3 days and starting tomorrow you'll be able to manage subs from your account

I'm having similar issues. Says my Subscription has expired or is not found. I sure hope I don't lose my character that ive been building up to lvl 53. That would suck.

Xiaoki

And yet another feature is exploited and therefor ruined because the devs didnt try to break the game from every possible angle.

Well, EME, good luck with the next Vanarch election.

Xiaoki

Umm...what happened?

Also, EME have been terrible at communication.

Apparently when you server transfer all of your lockouts are reset.

Instances are reset

Dailies are reset

And, yes, Vanarch elections are reset.

So, since server transfers are instant and can be done everyday, guilds are making alliances with other guilds on different servers.

People from your guild votes, server transfers, votes for their guild then the next day server transfers back and revotes for their own guild. Meanwhile, the other guild is doing the same thing.

Well, atleast its not as bad as the first Korean election. That was just plain super retarded of Blue Hole.

Won't be an issue once they close free server transfers.

I fail to see how this is of any consequence.. seeing as you can't take items from your bank to another server.. only the gear on your person.. it wouldn't exactly be convenient to "exploit" the system this way.

2San

So I just applied my 30 day game time, so what the hell do I do with this?

oyARF.jpg

Ubisoft hating money and the environment. >_>

So I installed and rolled a human mystic on Valley of Titans yesterday. I can't get over how good looking this game is. If I remember I will try to join the Believe guild today.

Izayoi

Banned
You should try dueling with people on the PvP server sometime. You might feel differently fighting people who actually fight people all the time. I can kill people who haven't ever fought in a duel too. I can't kill Lancers, Slayers, Warriors, Archers, or Sorcerers who know what they are doing, and I can only kill Mystics or Priests if I get the knockdown and can keep them pinned to the ground until I've erased their HP bar.
Yeah, because it's not like I played K-TERA for a year or anything, and the people I'm dueling definitely don't duel everyday or hold PvP tournaments, and haven't been doing so for weeks. Wait a second...

Just because there isn't a gankfest doesn't mean people don't PvP, as shocking as that might sound. The only class I have real trouble with is Warrior because of their very high defense, short-cooldown dodges, and large amounts of stuns, every other class is a pushover. Evasive Smash, Inescapable Doom, and Flurry of Blows just by themselves give us a ridiculous amount of options. I'm worried about how they'll balance us in PvP, to be honest. If they're buffing the class some kind of PvP nerf will have to happen - we're just too powerful.

2San

Yeah, because it's not like I played K-TERA for a year or anything, and the people I'm dueling definitely don't duel everyday or hold PvP tournaments, and haven't been doing so for weeks. Wait a second...

Just because there isn't a gankfest doesn't mean people don't PvP, as shocking as that might sound. The only class I have real trouble with is Warrior because of their very high defense, short-cooldown dodges, and large amounts of stuns, every other class is a pushover. Evasive Smash, Inescapable Doom, and Flurry of Blows just by themselves give us a ridiculous amount of options. I'm worried about how they'll balance us in PvP, to be honest. If they're buffing the class some kind of PvP nerf will have to happen - we're just too powerful.
Do you know where I can see vids of a good Berserker? I'm really interested in this. Tbh every single Berserker I've seen has been pretty terrible(which means either the player is bad or the class itself has problems). I want to see how a proper one is played. While rare, I have seen good Warriors.

mileS

the new instance is trash.. awesome 10 fps at the last 3-2 minutes. What kind of rigs do they test these on?

also, I'm all for grinding, but after doing the math for all the glyphs I want... I feel like throwing up.

Izayoi

Banned
Do you know where I can see vids of a good Berserker? I'm really interested in this. Tbh every single Berserker I've seen has been pretty terrible(which means either the player is bad or the class itself has problems). I want to see how a proper one is played. While rare, I have seen good Warriors.
I'll dig around for some stuff. If I can't find anything I'll make some videos of my own.

the new instance is trash.. awesome 10 fps at the last 3-2 minutes. What kind of rigs do they test these on?

also, I'm all for grinding, but after doing the math for all the glyphs I want... I feel like throwing up.
What kind of rig do you have? I didn't have any problems. The glyphs are can be sold on the AH, so you won't have to do all of the work if you don't want to.

mileS

I'll dig around for some stuff. If I can't find anything I'll make some videos of my own.

What kind of rig do you have? I didn't have any problems. The glyphs are can be sold on the AH, so you won't have to do all of the work if you don't want to.

My specs
Intel i5 750 - 2.67GHz
4gb ram
Windows 7 64-bit
radeon 5850

2 giant packs coming from both sides with sorc ice spell (no idea of the name) and spike traps going off = 10fps. A bunch of other people in guild chat are talking about the performance getting destroyed for that part as well. I'm sure its not helping that the game is currently bugged with the UI and not using the full GPU as It should be.

Also, the amount of time it takes to get a single glyph.. Nobody is going to be selling them for a while and if they are its going to cost your soul.

Alucrid

Banned
So I just applied my 30 day game time, so what the hell do I do with this?

http://i.imgur.com/oyARF.jpg[IMG]

Ubisoft hating money and the environment. >_>[/QUOTE]

You save them so that when you stop playing you can look upon the pile of boxes in despair.

I'm oceanic in my time zone but I only get time to play in the morning so I don't mind being on NA time zone for that xD

When you were levelling, what level did you start catching up to the quests? I'm still like 4-5 levels over my current quest monsters. Doing all the bam grinding for Titan runes and instances might help but I am not sure for how long.

Anuxinamon, you're oceanic time zone too? Oh, but you can play in the morning! So lucky. I get stuck at work in the morning : (

Yeah, the levelling thing. It's hard. I do the red quests and instances first before I do the yellow quests, so at least I wont be too overlevel for the instances. But, yeah.... this game just throws quests at you, really. And I can be a bit of a completionist, so I struggle with this aspect of TERA. I probably need to skip some, cuz they get a little overwhelming, the dingdingdingDING.... lol.

Top Bottom