• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Scum

Do want.

bqUQZ.jpg

ewwdaf.gif

Ooccoo

I cancelled. Honestly the combat alone couldn't convince me to pay for this. It's the same crap all MMORPGs shove down your throat and I just can't convince myself to grind grind grind and do the same repetitive stuff all day. Seriously.

Izayoi

Banned
I cancelled. Honestly the combat alone couldn't convince me to pay for this. It's the same crap all MMORPGs shove down your throat and I just can't convince myself to grind grind grind and do the same repetitive stuff all day. Seriously.
Why do you bother still playing MMOs? I don't get it.

NeOak

Your sub ran out a day before you become the Vanarch? :p

Meh, i don't want to go through support today. I'll do that tomorrow morning.

You don't want to grind? Don't play another MMO ever again.

Ken

That's what MMOs are.

Effect

That's what MMOs are.

Very true. Some games make it easier to deal with then others though.

Not sure if I'll be sticking with it past the free month myself. At least not at the moment. Enjoying the game but my gaming time is getting tight (other games I'd like to play more at the moment) and my first month ends in the middle of my vacation and the last thing I plan on doing is playing a MMO on those days if I can help it. So makes no sense to let a charge happen. I also haven't been on in the past few days either.

I do see myself coming back to this though at a later date.

NeOak

So i've been reading the Dragonfall forum on the EME website for the vanarchy. Holy shit, what a crapload of drama. I had to "tl;dr" a lot D:

I don't remember grinding in Planetside.

The only reason MMO's are known as grindy is because they copy each other without bothering to innovate in fear of losing profit.

Sub is gone in about 2 days. Not sure if I'm going to go for another month at this point.

PewPewK

So i've been reading the Dragonfall forum on the EME website for the vanarchy. Holy shit, what a crapload of drama. I had to "tl;dr" a lot D:

A system like that will always create some drama. Sad, but most people will get butthurt over this shit.

NeOak

A system like that will always create some drama. Sad, but most people will get butthurt over this shit.

Yeah. When we get vanarchy i'll disable the open registration for the guild. I'll interview each applicant. I dont want freeloaders for the horse.

Is it about the sometime terable being labeled as a zerg guild?

Yeah. When we get vanarchy i'll disable the open registration for the guild. I'll interview each applicant. I dont want freeloaders for the horse.

You're just being a dictator! Princess Serena is not like this in the anime =( she lets anybody be a sailor scout! jk

I'm honestly surprise nobody has called out our guild for being a "zerg" guild yet

Rinoa

I've got a pretty good computer but things like Nexus/crowds make my client splutter. Is it a faster internet connection needed or do I need to change my graphics settings down from max?

NeOak

Is it about the sometime terable being labeled as a zerg guild?
I'd say Something Terable, No Matter The Cost and Passion. None of them are zerg guilds AFAIK. But NMTC seems to be hated a lot.

Seems that Girl did botch up this time with that sarcastic pledge. No Ostgarath for ST i guess.

You're just being a dictator! Princess Serena is not like this in the anime =( she lets anybody be a sailor scout! jk
You're welcome to take this noble endeavor and be the interviewer.

I'm honestly surprise nobody has called out our guild for being a "zerg" guild yet
They almost did TBH. I was grilled for like an hour by what i call the "penis alliance" (half the meeting was trolling about balls and dicks :/) about what Believe was. The fact that i could point them to GAF practically erased their assumption that we were a zerg guild. Surely a forum with 79k+ registered users could muster to gather more than 150 people, no?

I've got a pretty good computer but things like Nexus/crowds make my client splutter. Is it a faster internet connection needed or do I need to change my graphics settings down from max?
Everyone gets the FPS rape. Lower the settings and be prepared to see only names.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Finally instance matched myself up with a Believe guildie :D Ran CR twice and it was super fun. Got my gold sceptre and gloves too! Woo! All I need now is the robes. C'mon lucky robes!

Paprikka

So I went and changed guild bank access since some guy named Ceax took some items/gems/gold then cut guild and ran. If you had your GAF username in your note I gave you access, else just add it in or bug me and I'll up your rank next time I'm on. Should stop these randoms from nicking stuff.

Ken

Fronteraaaaaa *snore*

I'm going to try grinding it out tomorrow and rush for Golden Labryinth since I love the dungeon party stuff in this game.

Because Tera is so CPU-bound, Preset 0 vs. Preset 6 makes very little difference for Nexus. It's going to be 3-4 fps either way. On VoT the zerg was literally hundreds of people at once, so all I saw was a slideshow of a sea of names at 3 fps, myself, and the mob I was hitting. It doesn't mean much unless you are after the achievement and mask, which is virtually impossible to get unless you stack your party with 5 Sorcerers anyways with the current mechanics. The sheer number of people around each mob makes it really hard for you to even be within attack range if you are melee due to player collision. You'll get your Agnitor rep and credits if you manage to hit the mob once, so the trick is to run around and hit everything you can once before the zerg kills it.

There's a pretty hilarious amount of butthurt on VoT about how the 3 biggest guilds are voting for each other and have unassailably locked up first place in all 3 Vanarchy regions.

A question though, can targeted heals get line of sighted by enemies? Like if I am about to heal someone and a monster runs into my path, will the heal target what is behind the monster or will I have to move? I don't mind moving, in fact I think it would be cool if it did work like that to keep healers on their feet. Definitely adds a dynamic element.

You have to have LoS at the moment you lock on. Once you have the lock, your view of your target can get blocked and the heal will still go off when you hit the skill button again to set it off.

glaurung

Wrapped up a lot of my WoW remaining tasks and got to Revered with my guild.

This weekend will be mostly Tera. Hit ~31 with my archer and now pretty much the entire world is open to me. Have not had luck with good groups.

Weenerz

Banned
Tried to cancel multiple times, it did not go through it seems. Got auto-renewed 2 days early this morning, tried again to cancel my auto-renewal and now this error appears;

Server Error
Error:

We are unable to perform the selected action. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Error Number: SIT_000002

I submitted a ticket, but what a shitty experience.

Effect

Tried twice last night as well. It said it would take 5 to 10 minutes for the site to reflect the change but nothing ever changed. I'll try again today.

2San

Tried to cancel multiple times, it did not go through it seems. Got auto-renewed 2 days early this morning, tried again to cancel my auto-renewal and now this error appears;

Server Error
Error:

We are unable to perform the selected action. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Makes me sad that both the NA and EU publishers of Tera are so bad. I really like the game, but bluhole really couldn't do better then these guys?

NeOak

So I went and changed guild bank access since some guy named Ceax took some items/gems/gold then cut guild and ran. If you had your GAF username in your note I gave you access, else just add it in or bug me and I'll up your rank next time I'm on. Should stop these randoms from nicking stuff.
Only the 8 officers in DF have access, and all are gaffers.

You'll get your Agnitor rep and credits if you manage to hit the mob once, so the trick is to run around and hit everything you can once before the zerg kills it.

Priests can use Energy Stars and it counts as a hit, in case none want to risk a one-shot.

There's a pretty hilarious amount of butthurt on VoT about how the 3 biggest guilds are voting for each other and have unassailably locked up first place in all 3 Vanarchy regions.
Same in Dragonfall. Oh boy, it has been fun going to possible alliance meetings and people deriding the top 3 guilds, which we are allied with in a 9 guild block.

timkunedo

I finally bought the game after a friend hyped me for it. Seriously the best MMO i've ever played. Started a slayer and just hit level 20. Game is just BEAUTIFUL and the enemies are bad***!! I just went ahead and did a monthly sub.

I'll keep playing for a bit. I just wish the game had more options for gear at 60 other than running Fane of Kaprima over and over at level 60 and praying something drops.

There's the Nexus, yes, but given the cost that will take a while even if you hit every last one.

(I haven't even seen the cloth robe or boots drop.)

cilonen

I'm in - just applied to the guild on Dragonfall,

Looks great - that first 'fade to black' thing after the prologue threw me a curve - I'm back to level one now and everything is rainbows... D'oh

Server Error
Error:

I contacted support to cancel my subscription since I wasn't able to stop the auto renewal from their site. I received an email confirmation that auto renewal has been stopped. I just received another email informing me that the auto renewal went through and i've been charged for 3 months.

I've never played an MMO where billing issues made me never want to play again.

Effect

I contacted support to cancel my subscription since I wasn't able to stop the auto renewal from their site. I received an email confirmation that auto renewal has been stopped. I just received another email informing me that the auto renewal went through and i've been charged for 3 months.

I've never played an MMO where billing issues made me never want to play again.

I hope I don't run into this problem. Didn't get any email so I assume my sub is still live. I have about 10 days to get this fixed though and hope I still don't get charged.

I hope I don't run into this problem. Didn't get any email so I assume my sub is still live. I have about 10 days to get this fixed though and hope I still don't get charged.

I'm on live chat with them right now and he's checking on it. I'm sure it will be resolved, but it's a pain that I have to deal with it at all.

cilonen

so if I want to speak to people in the guild do I type /guild [what I want to say] ?

the chat command helplist doesn't seem to be too helpful

elwes

I really think they should start matching up the drops in instances to the party members in the instance. I'm so tired of doing CR and 25-50% of the drops being for classes that party members aren't even using. I've done it a good 7-8 times now and have yet to get a gold bow or win a roll on gear my Archer can use. It's getting pretty frustrating. Starting to think that I should get my priest up to the level my friend and I are at and make that my main, since we hardly ever get sorcerors in our party and tons of mage gear is always dropping.

Looks like the second part of the Argon update or most of it will be ready for Western players this Summer.

With TERA's first month in the rearview mirror, we're excited to turn our attention to future content you'll see later this summer. An MMO launch is just the beginning—we're listening to your feedback and incorporating it into our plans for the game.

Many of you have shared your thoughts on TERA's two tank classes, the warrior and lancer. If you play either class, you'll appreciate having more flexibility on both offense and defense, so we're changing defensive skills to consume a new resource instead of MP. (And before you ask, yes—you'll be able to restore that third bar on the top of your screen quickly.) Warriors will gain three new skills, including the ability to block an attack with their twin swords. Lancers will get two new skills, including a skill that should significantly improve lancer mobility.

These improved tanks deserve improved challenges, so we're adding two new instances to the game, including a toe-to-toe battle against Shandra Manaya, the queen of the argons. You may have caught glimpses of Shandra Manaya in Northern Shara already, but later this summer, you'll get all the argon queen you can handle. We've also placed some phat lewt within these new instances. (Did someone say “new advanced glyphs”? Tell no one!)

In this update, you'll also experience 15 vs. 15 cross-server PvP battlegrounds for the first time. We've sprinkled other improvements throughout the game, including some awe-inspiring armor sets. Best of all, these new features are nearing completion. Expect to see them later this summer. Even the argons can't stop us now!

NeOak

Nexus times are up!

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Nexus-Schedule said:
Fridays
  • 5pm PDT
  • 9pm PDT

Saturdays
  • 5pm PDT
  • 9pm PDT

Sundays
  • 12pm PDT
  • 4pm PDT

Top Bottom