• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Coverly

What most healers do with FoK is they will break 1 tower down until it's about to die. Then they wait until they see the guy start to fly down and hit the tower once or twice to kill it. This way the healer can be healing instead of standing around the tower babysitting it. What is important with this strategy is the tank knows not to pull the boss near a tower, and the party knows not to hit the towers. The healer is the one who really needs to practice watching the guy so they know when to break the tower, but when you get to FoK HM everyone in the party should know to keep an eye on the guy in case the tower isn't dead enough and someone needs to detach from the boss to whack it really quick before the guy wipes the party. Also in FoK HM the towers don't respawn, it's a DPS race. You get 4 towers, and the 5th time the guy flies down the party will wipe so you better have killed the boss by then.

That sounds great, I'll try that next time. Right now what I'm doing is bringing the tower down, waiting, break the tower, then heal for 10 seconds, and then go to the next tower repeat. That's usually enough healing for the party to stay healthy but what you're saying sounds more risky/fun.

On another topic, what is the deal with crafted templates? Looking at them(for robes) yesterday at the AH, I only saw one real one for 1k. It was nice but I thought there would be more. Is it true that if a regular armor is crafted it can also qualify as a template?

I also ran out of money yesterday lol. Money accumulated at 60: 8k or so. I also had 4k in materials that I sold off for a total of 12. It was all ok until I had to get the right stats for the enig armor/weps. I had the worst of luck. But then a nightgown dropped, so in theory I should have some money today. The only thing I'm missing now are the crystals for the jewelry slots.

Scum

So, I reached lvl 60 a while back. A very rare thing for me in MMOs I've played. lol
I still have quite a bit of story quests left to do, like Labyrinth of Terror, but I'm currently looking for somewhere to farm gold.

I'm just using the gear from the first few Argon main line quests, but if anyone has some tips it'd be much appreciated. :D

So, I reached lvl 60 a while back. A very rare thing for me in MMOs I've played. lol
I still have quite a bit of story quests left to do, like Labyrinth of Terror, but I'm currently looking for somewhere to farm gold.

I'm just using the gear from the first few Argon main line quests, but if anyone has some tips it'd be much appreciated. :D

grats on 60 :)

Uh huh. Go do FoK HM and BT HM and get back to me. I'll be around, you let me know how being a zerker in BT HM goes especially. Have fun with that.

Is zerker useless at high level dungeons cuz they are slow and the monsters move too fast for the zerkers to land any hits?

I didn't play my main at all this weekend. Was zerking at level 20 to 29, and the BAMs are a lot of fun. Took awhile to solo the kumas, and the naga mercenaries before moving on to popolion area. Tried ovoliths last night, but no success yet. I still have to watch their tells and patterns.

Zerk is much fun at this level :)

Scum

I've had a pretty poor day on TERA today. Lagged to hell and back all day. :-/
I finally managed to get into Ebon Tower to complete Thulsa's Doom and then I lag even more before my PC dies, so I never got to finish my quest. :-(
Anyway, there's something I want to know...

...when is it appropriate to use the Purification Totem and where can I get the items to create some more? I've had no luck searching.

grats on 60 :)

Thanks very much. :)

Is zerker useless at high level dungeons cuz they are slow and the monsters move too fast for the zerkers to land any hits?

Zerkers have many problems in endgame PvE, and chasing bosses is only one part of it. The zerker, having no ability to close gaps quickly (and trust me, Dash is useless for this), spends more time than any other class just chasing the boss instead of hitting it. But that's not the only problem.

A big problem is that zerker can never be behind when hitting because no stuns, leashes, rushes, or backstab abilities. This game demands you be behind the boss to do your best DPS and the BT HM robot spins like it's on crack. This is a smaller problem for warrior and slayer who attack much more often than zerker and both have a backstab, a rush, and multiple stuns so they can make it to the boss's backside long enough to land a big skill since they don't have to charge their skills. The robot is the biggest offender at endgame which is why no one wants to take a zerker to BT HM and no zerker wants to go, because you kill the robot from 35% to zero in 2 minutes or the party wipes and the zerker's DPS is just too far behind all the other DPS classes. The zerker is being carried 100% of the time through BT HM and the other DPS need to be overgeared to compensate, because no matter how good you think you are and how incredible your gear is, the mechanics are entirely broken for you.

The other big problem is that zerker only hits once every 3-5 seconds. The zerker depends entirely on crits to do his DPS, more than every other class including archer (the other class which charges all their attacks) which has the lowest base crit rate in the game. However the HM bosses all have ridiculous crit resist, so zerker doesn't crit nearly enough, so in the HMs his effective DPS is cut by a ridiculous amount compared to all other classes including archer which never crit that much to begin with. This means that even HM Kaprima will take much less damage from zerker than other DPS, even though Kaprima can be made to hold still long enough for zerker to hit him from behind, because when it's LOL NO CRIT EVAR meanwhile warrior and slayer are CRIT ALL DAY ERRYDAY the zerker just can't do shit for DPS compared to all the other DPS classes.

To be perfectly honest, simply reducing charge times by 20% won't solve any of these problems. Zerker needs a massive increase to base damage across all skills and a massive increase to base crit rate to keep up with the other DPS if they keep zerker's mechanics the same. I would estimate ~50% increase in base damage and minimum 3x base crit rate is needed just to be on the same level as the other DPS in HMs. Since Tera is dying on the vine anyways due to Bluehole's astonishing incompetence and glacially slow pace of content updates I don't expect anything will ever be done. It's clear that Bluehole doesn't understand anything about balancing an MMO at all from what they've done the last 18 months of live K-Tera, plus their pace of new content releases would make a F2P MMO feel ashamed.

Coverly

... but I'm currently looking for somewhere to farm gold.

Yeah I wouldn't mind farming some gold too when I only have half an hr to play or waiting on cooldown. What I'm doing now is just leveling my alt until i see someone needing a healer for an instance. Oh on my alt I tanked my first instance at lvl 22 and it went very well. I was nervous that people were going to wipe since I had soloed until then.

Anyways, a pic to spruce up this page

elinbts.jpg

Looks like elins have massive eye problems.

Zerkers have many problems in endgame PvE.

Thanks for the inputs, I didn't realise the mechanics were so broken at end-game stage for the zerker :(

Coverly, hahah everyone and their grandma who has an elin seems to think the same about them glasses. lol

And grats on successful tanking at BoL :) (is your alt a lancer tank or a warrior tank ?)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
;_; Unknown is all grown up now and knows everything I was trying to warn him about in the first place yet constantly argued against it. Shame you wasted time though leveling it :p

Wasted time? T_T?

I'm still going to level my zerk alt up though. It's much fun at the lower levels. I think I will just do it until it's not so enjoyable anymore... And then, at that time, against all hopes, I hope BH would fix the end-game zerk mechanics. :D lol

;_; Unknown is all grown up now and knows everything I was trying to warn him about in the first place yet constantly argued against it. Shame you wasted time though leveling it :p

I don't regret the time I spent from level 1-60. Zerker is fun while you're leveling it. And it's not as if the game is magically good for the other classes either at endgame, everyone faces the same meaningless grind to piss money away on terrible RNG for no other reward than to run the same shitty dungeons again only more annoying. Even if I had leveled slayer instead of zerker I still would have eventually quit because the endgame is such total garbage.

As MMOs go, Sword Art Online is way better than Tera in every imaginable way even though the death penalty in SAO is so harsh.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't regret the time I spent from level 1-60. Zerker is fun while you're leveling it. And it's not as if the game is magically good for the other classes either at endgame, everyone faces the same meaningless grind to piss money away on terrible RNG for no other reward than to run the same shitty dungeons again only more annoying. Even if I had leveled slayer instead of zerker I still would have eventually quit because the endgame is such total garbage.

As MMOs go, Sword Art Online is way better than Tera in every imaginable way even though the death penalty in SAO is so harsh.

SAO isn't a real mmo though it's an anime LOL

Mashing

Zerkers have many problems in endgame PvE, and chasing bosses is only one part of it. The zerker, having no ability to close gaps quickly (and trust me, Dash is useless for this), spends more time than any other class just chasing the boss instead of hitting it. But that's not the only problem.

A big problem is that zerker can never be behind when hitting because no stuns, leashes, rushes, or backstab abilities. This game demands you be behind the boss to do your best DPS and the BT HM robot spins like it's on crack. This is a smaller problem for warrior and slayer who attack much more often than zerker and both have a backstab, a rush, and multiple stuns so they can make it to the boss's backside long enough to land a big skill since they don't have to charge their skills. The robot is the biggest offender at endgame which is why no one wants to take a zerker to BT HM and no zerker wants to go, because you kill the robot from 35% to zero in 2 minutes or the party wipes and the zerker's DPS is just too far behind all the other DPS classes. The zerker is being carried 100% of the time through BT HM and the other DPS need to be overgeared to compensate, because no matter how good you think you are and how incredible your gear is, the mechanics are entirely broken for you.

The other big problem is that zerker only hits once every 3-5 seconds. The zerker depends entirely on crits to do his DPS, more than every other class including archer (the other class which charges all their attacks) which has the lowest base crit rate in the game. However the HM bosses all have ridiculous crit resist, so zerker doesn't crit nearly enough, so in the HMs his effective DPS is cut by a ridiculous amount compared to all other classes including archer which never crit that much to begin with. This means that even HM Kaprima will take much less damage from zerker than other DPS, even though Kaprima can be made to hold still long enough for zerker to hit him from behind, because when it's LOL NO CRIT EVAR meanwhile warrior and slayer are CRIT ALL DAY ERRYDAY the zerker just can't do shit for DPS compared to all the other DPS classes.

To be perfectly honest, simply reducing charge times by 20% won't solve any of these problems. Zerker needs a massive increase to base damage across all skills and a massive increase to base crit rate to keep up with the other DPS if they keep zerker's mechanics the same. I would estimate ~50% increase in base damage and minimum 3x base crit rate is needed just to be on the same level as the other DPS in HMs. Since Tera is dying on the vine anyways due to Bluehole's astonishing incompetence and glacially slow pace of content updates I don't expect anything will ever be done. It's clear that Bluehole doesn't understand anything about balancing an MMO at all from what they've done the last 18 months of live K-Tera, plus their pace of new content releases would make a F2P MMO feel ashamed.

I'm glad that you posted this. This puts your thoughts into context and as a 60 zerker (who hasn't attempted a HM yet), I can definitely see your issues with the game and class. Thank you. Only thing weird is how much you post about it given how much you hate it.

Coverly

Thanks for the inputs, I didn't realise the mechanics were so broken at end-game stage for the zerker :(

Coverly, hahah everyone and their grandma who has an elin seems to think the same about them glasses. lol

And grats on successful tanking at BoL :) (is your alt a lancer tank or a warrior tank ?)

Thanks. It was a Lancer. Hadn't used the aggro skill until that day so I was curious as to how much aggro I could hold. I had aggro crystals and so on, so that helped. I think out of the whole instance I only lost it twice and got it back quickly. I did a couple more today and they went well too, got a lot of lancer drops which was nice for that level. I think for this alt I'll just do instances to level up, curious to see if i can level up the toon without actually doing any quests. So far instant parties whenever I queue, hope that holds true for later.

sootietank.jpg

Tanking sure gives you a different perspective on bosses. As a healer I try to stay away from the bosses as much as I can while being in range to pop in and heal. But here, I'm actively running into the balls of bosses. Nice change of pace. I wonder at what level I'll get hat laser lasso to pull things in, since I don't have many skills anyways.

Coverly, that's a quite a switch ! From avoiding monsters to running headlong into them. lol.

I heard at higher levels lancers are expected to time their skills not only to block but also to interrupt monsters' attacks? When you get to those levels can you let me know how is the lancer's playstyle like?

Dungeon farming can be really fun,... and great for gears :)... I duo-ed BoL with my warrior friend and got a lot of good loots. We're thinking to duo SM too, come time. We flick the monster's aggro back and forth, so when the aggro is held by the warrior, my zerker have time to bumrush the monster with a big, charged skill. It's stupidly addictive.

Cant wait for next weekend, tbh :)

Sblargh

Banned
I think I quit. :p
I was just giving it a break, but it's been two weeks (I think) and everytime I open up the client, I just give up.
...Well, sucks, I really like the guild on Dragonfall; you guys embraced my eccentric and idioticy and for that, I thank y'all.
Maybe I go back in the future, maybe I try again one weekend and find it it is a cool game, but for now, I just can't deal with the thought of OMG let's go FoK/BT YET AGAIN.

I guess I'm too weak to grind.

Coverly

One day it will be real!

You got me on that one. I looked it up and was disappointed it wasn't.

YesNo, at least for that first instance, if you have decent dps that can do damage and know how to work the mobs that are focused towards me, it can be very easy. All I have to do is hate and stand my ground in a way that is convenient for them to hit enemies from the back. Pre- level 26 I only have one stun with a long cool down, so I have to choose wisely when to use it, since it can't be spammed. And the shield stun is not always a 100%. In later instances I"m looking forward to interrupting attacks, but for now it was more about learning how to keep the aggro and defending even when you want to hit. Im 26 now and can do SM, but I might wait a level so I can get my lvl 27 gear.

A guildie told me about how daily quests work and what you can buy, going to start doing them today.

Ah, it must have sucked to have died at the last minute in that Argon Queen video. So close! The priest looked really funky, but i want that hat!

hyelife

My take on the game after having to play it for about 2 months now.

PRO'S
  • Combat: Its the best combat system out there on any MMORPG period.
  • Graphics: This game has one of the most beautiful graphics of any MMORPG game out today. From landscapes to mobs and everything else in the game.

CON'S
  • Limited Classes: I loved the old school way of changing from one class to another in order to reach your goal. This is just boring since you start and end with no change.
  • Instances: Should have just been open world with no instances.
  • Quests: Too long and repetive.
  • Longativity: Not much to do once you reach the end.
  • Transport: Should add skip key for the transport.

I haven't really done much pvping to determine if thats going to fall under Pro's or Con's but so far the developers have allot of work to do.

When is the next major update and what does it bring??

Visceir

Way back when I first turned 60 my friend and I wanted to go check out Kelsak since neither of us had been there before. We stumbled into a priest at the entrance and went in with just the three of us...probably the biggest mistake I made in Tera.

Had been more than a week since I last logged in, got online today to buy a chronoscroll and renew my account. Now I can let it sit there again!

Scum

Maybe going in there with cheap gear for the first time was just asking for trouble. D:

But here's the thing. Where the bloody hell am I going to get more Dark Matter to create the Torch of the Gods? I hear it was supposed to drop from Labyrinth of Terror and Ebon Tower but it doesn't since the game was "westernized".

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Out of pure curiosity, how is the population on both US and EU servers nowadays? Still strong or did most people left after the first rush?

Scum

Video walkthrough of Kelsaik fight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpwIP1fpINE&list=FL8sMh4UqGZNIqvNyURI7K3g&feature=mh_lolz

I've been playing Skyrim. The sheer quantity and variety of quests in that game is breathtaking. There's so much to do in that game, I know it's an offline RPG and things are different in MMOs but the difference in sheer quality and quantity of content is breathtaking to comprehend between a game like Skyrim and Tera.

Holy shit! These guys are bloody good and with top notch gear, no doubt! Kelsiak didn't even get a chance to do his awesome 1 hit flame-in-the-room KO. :O

Lucis

Thinking about jumping in.
Downloading the 7 day trial thing. I am guessing it's the real game's client, just need to unlock at the end.

Will roll on DragonFall (for GAF PVE, not a big PVP person), thinking about going sorc (always a mage in mmo). Any suggestion for race?

Also I am not sure if trial can join guild or not, if so who do i try to contact for guild invites?

Coverly

Thinking about jumping in.
Downloading the 7 day trial thing. I am guessing it's the real game's client, just need to unlock at the end.

Will roll on DragonFall (for GAF PVE, not a big PVP person), thinking about going sorc (always a mage in mmo). Any suggestion for race?

Also I am not sure if trial can join guild or not, if so who do i try to contact for guild invites?

In the menu, go to guilds on server and apply for the Believe guild. put in the application that your'e a gaffer and probably send a pm to serina(sp?) if he's online. Can people on trial join guilds?

Out of pure curiosity, how is the population on both US and EU servers nowadays? Still strong or did most people left after the first rush?

Dragonfall is active, well at least the Believe guild is, but that's misleading because most groups I queue for have people from different servers meaning either
A. There are not enough people on the server queuing for instances
B. Lots of statics or self formed groups create a real drain on queues

Oh, for Kelsiak, a guildie and I tried to duo him without knowing anything. Ma' crystals!

This weekend I did a lot of SM instances on my lancer. I would say 80% of pugs are great or exceptional(luck?), but then there are some where the dps output is non existent or you could tell the healer is still getting used to the role. I also have +3 and +4 gear on that level since selling fodder is worthless, might as well use it to enchant.

NeOak

In the menu, go to guilds on server and apply for the Believe guild. put in the application that your'e a gaffer and probably send a pm to serina(sp?) if he's online. Can people on trial join

Its "Serena", and yeah, people on trial can join.

Coverly, get that lancer to 60 asap. We need lancers!

NeOak

how do the class break down look in the guild?
I play on playing sorc, is there an over abundance of sorc?

Unfortunately atm, kinda yeah. But two sorcs in an instance do tremendous damage!

Just play the one you like the most.

Coverly

how do the class break down look in the guild?
I play on playing sorc, is there an over abundance of sorc?

Agree, play what you like, you can make it work. The healers in the guild are very active (priests and mystics), and more tanks are always welcomed. I haven't looked at the guild dps-wise, so I can't comment on whether we need more of one(slayer) or the other (sorc).

As you level up though you're bound to make friends in the guild, and people help out if you need a bam or an instance to take care of (just remember that many 60's do instances constantly so they might not answer a question or help right away). You'll level fast with a sorc, and when you get to the bams or instances, do what i did and just ask people in the area to group up. I was able to do that all the way to 60 easily, had really fun times playing with randoms.

Sorc seems really popular at the high levels, best dps or something. Hope you'll enjoy your run with Tera, Lucis :)

Coverly, I've been running SM with my zerker too, but havent had your luck with groups. I ran it five or six times, and twice had group members dropping off. But all in all, good experience :)

The first group drops was due to some snark between the lancer and the healer (we had a sorc that died and when the lancer told the elin mystic to heal better, the mystic said that people should pick up the balls, so the lancer laughed and dropped. the rest dropped soon after.) I was left with the warrior guildie on that run, and so we decided to run SM on our own. LOL. Took a while. Goddamn. It's the little mobs in the rooms that were particularly tough to chew.

Second time, group drops cuz a popori mystic just got back to the game after 3 weeks' break. He forgot every button / skill on his char. My warrior friend was tanking on this run, so only the sorc and slayer dropped out. We requeued and got another group easily. Finished SM, added friends, and the new slayer got his gold weapon.

Im now at the mines with the zerker, fighting the mini-malgarios spider BAMs. Soloing with zerker at this level is so much freaking fun.

Coverly

Alrighty then, a Castonic female sorc to start ;o I bet half of the player bases probably rolled this also

lol, I actually haven't seen a Castonic sorc recently. The ones I've met were either popori or elins.

YesNo, I've had
- A healer that didn't know how to debuff almost had me killed in one of the boss fights.
- Another healer that just randomly healed. I would see dps with the same mid to low % of health for the entire time. SM for a healer should be easy: small enemy aoes and plenty of room to move around. If the tank has the aggro then it shouldn't be hard to heal consistently.
- One archer who kept going to mobs before me and just ran all over the place.
- Two groups were dps output was so small it took a long time. Maybe they all had white fodder weapons with no crystals. pew pew pew.

But I've had way more pugs where everyone was great. They knew how to hit from the back, constant kockdowns, clear debuffs, the works. Sometimes it was sad that we were from different servers and couldn't friend each other. On the bad groups though, I never said anything negative, just kept on trucking because one way or another, that instance was going to get done. Usually I ask at the beginning if people need a room or mobs to speak up, otherwise I skip what doesn't need to be killed.

^^

Coverly said:
Sometimes it was sad that we were from different servers and couldn't friend each other.

SO TRUE.

Yea, in general, random groups have worked for me too, if I combine both my mystic and my zerker's experience all up. During my mystic time, I've ran SM three times with the same pug group on a single day cuz everyone was so goddamn spot-on with their roles. We ended up with blues and golds for most of the members and friends were added all-around :)

The only disappointing group I've had with my mystic was the last one, at GL. Will try that dungeon again soon, ... once my addiction with the zerker let off a little. lol.

Also agree on the trucking on. That's what works for me too.

One thing I've found, though, I really enjoy playing a dps in dungeons cuz is so nice and almost stress-free.... hahah...

Lucis, most castanic female i've seen are warriors or slayers. Not many sorcs :)

Coverly

Any reason for that?

From what I read, the race doesn't matter in your class performance

Or am I misinformed?

Whatever you pick is fine. Races do have some individual traits, but truthfully the only one that i find useful is the teleport back to a big city skill. Here is a breakdown by race:

http://tera.wikia.com/wiki/Racial_skills

I think what most people do is they google armor sets and see which race has the best looking armor for their class, and choose that one. That's probably why, like Yesno said, castanic females are often fighters because of their sexy lack of armor.

Lucis

Played for a while tonight (took a while to download 20g worth of stuff...)

Pretty fun over all combat, but at lower level it's hard to tell, there's no jumping and casting even for instant spell which is kinda =( Castonic women are pretty tiny... barely bigger than loli

Sent an app to Believe =)

New patch!

Cool New Stuff
  • Berserker skills adjusted. (Just the skills—berserkers are still totally maladjusted.)
Thunder Strike
  • Decreased charging time for ranks 1–3 to 0.8 seconds (maintains full charge for 2 seconds)
  • Decreased charging time for ranks 4–9 to 0.65 seconds (maintains full charge for 2 seconds)
  • Damage from overcharging every 0.45 seconds
Cyclone
  • Decreased charging time for ranks 1–3 to 0.8 seconds (maintains full charge for 2 seconds)
  • Decreased charging time for ranks 4–9 to 0.65 seconds (maintains full charge for 2 seconds)
  • Damage from overcharging every 0.4 seconds
Vampiric Blow
  • Decreased charging time to 0.8 seconds (maintains full charge for 2 seconds)
Lethal Strike
  • Decreased charging time to 0.8 seconds (maintains full charge for 2 seconds)
Unchained Anger - Reduced hit point cost
  • Rank 1 : 748 to 640
  • Rank 2 : 1,350 to 884
  • Rank 3 : 2,303 to 1,221
  • Rank 4 : 3,784 to 1,685
  • Rank 5 : 6,467 to 2,329
  • Rank 6 : 10,198 to 3,261
Skill Added: Cyclone Intensity
  • Obtained at level 26
  • Cyclone deals full damage, even across multiple targets.
  • Passive
Added new gear drops for Kelsaik’s Nest (Hard).
  • Bind-on-pickup weapons of similar power to the dreamkeeper series:
  • Fire Talons, Ice Talons (warrior)
  • Emberspar, Frostspar (lancer)
  • Flamewright, Frostwright (slayer)
  • Firewing, Icewing (berserker)
  • Flamecoil, Frostcoil (sorcerer)
  • Firebow, Icebow (archer)
  • Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Ice (priest)
  • Emberneedle, Rimetorch (mystic)

Miscellaneous Changes

Decreased warrior tank buffs in the Instance Matching system:

BEFORE
  • Damage - Down 30%
  • Reaction - Down 70%
  • Aggro - Up 40%
NOW
  • Damage - Down 20%
  • Reaction - Down 50%
  • Aggro - Up 40%
Improved drop rates in high-level instances:
  • Labyrinth of Terror (Hard)
  • Ebon Tower (Hard)
  • Kelsaik’s Nest (Hard)
  • Fane of Kaprima (Normal and Hard)
  • Balder’s Temple (Normal and Hard)
  • Extended the ruling period for vanarchs from three to four weeks. For those who asked, no, you may not be named vanarch for life.
  • The cooldown timer for rejoining a guild (either the previous guild or a new guild) now starts from the moment you join a guild.
  • Formerly, this was from the time you withdraw from a guild.
  • Cooldown changed from 24 hours to seven days, but it starts the moment you join a guild.
  • Players now vote to change loot settings in a party.

Added buffs for using Instance Matching.

If one or two players apply…
  • Defensive Class (Tank): Attack Speed 4%, Defense 10%, Aggro 20%, Reaction Resistance 30%
  • Offensive (DPS)/Restoration (Healing) Class: Attack Speed 4%, Defense 10%, Damage 10%
If three people apply…
  • Tank: Attack Speed 3%, Defense 5%, Aggro 15%, Reaction Resistance 20%
  • DPS/Healing: Attack Speed 3%, Defense 5%, Damage 5%
If four people apply…
  • Tank: Attack Speed 2%, Defense 3%, Aggro 5%, Reaction Resistance 10%
  • DPS/Healing: Attack Speed 2%, Defense 3%, Damage 3%
  • New fifteen-minute “Dropout” status added.
  • Applies to players who drop out of a party and party leaders who disband a party after being matched through the Instance Matching system.
  • Does not affect players kicked from parties.
  • New “Execute the Executioner” quest added.
  • Changed Chimakur’s spawn time to a uniform 90 seconds and reduced its drop rates.

Bugs Squashed
  • Fixed the problem of warrior tanks occasionally not receiving Instance Matching buffs. Contrary to rumor, lancers were not behind it.
  • Fixed the problem of some quest items remaining in inventory when the related quests were dropped. Now you can learn to let go.
  • Fixed the problem of Kaprima maintaining Fiery Rage status even after resetting from previous rage in the Fane of Kaprima.
  • Advanced ingredients no longer drop after successful gathering attempts.
  • Fixed the problem where players under the “join guild” cooldown were able to create and join guilds. No more willy-nilly guilding up.
  • Fixed the problem where the “Entrepreneurial Spirit” quest would take more normetal ore and star essence than the quest asks for.
  • Fixed the problem of “conversation” social actions appearing when interacting with the vanarch flag object.
  • Fixed the problem where candidate names were cut from the vanarch competition UI when a candidate’s name exceeded 12 characters.
  • Deathmatch announcements are no longer blocked and no longer appear as a string of pound signs (##############). Stupid ####### bug.
  • Players can now delete the cave charge item obtained during the “Pulling the Fangs” quest.

Known Issues
  • When trying to use the “Notes” function in the Friends list, there is room for only 16 characters for the friend added last.

Coverly

Played for a while tonight (took a while to download 20g worth of stuff...)

Pretty fun over all combat, but at lower level it's hard to tell, there's no jumping and casting even for instant spell which is kinda =( Castonic women are pretty tiny... barely bigger than loli

Sent an app to Believe =)

Jumping? isn't that spacebar? or do you mean jumping while casting a spell? What's your character name?

Out of curiosity I made a sorc yesterday and loved it way more than the slayer I had made the other week. I couldn't quite get slayer, the regular attack feels like it's cutting through air, like it has no weight. But what I did like about the slayer is that it cut through multiple mobs fairly easy.

On that patch.. they nerfed warrior tank buffs? whyyyyyy!? it wasn't op was it?

Top Bottom