• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Cheerilee

Next Cell Vs is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQe4H7dgvbU
Light Yagami

That fight shouldn't have ended up that way, because...

"If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack."

That's pretty self-explanatory language. There is no surviving that move. It's not a
heart attack generator
, it's a
Death Note, the tool of a God of Death
, laying down the
exact time and conditions of Perfect Cell's death
. It only has one purpose, and it can't be used to deliver an injury. If it was incapable of defeating Cell (which can happen if it's used improperly), then it should've had zero effect, unlike the partial effect that was shown.

Although this other rule might apply.

"The Death Note will not affect those under 780 days old."

They should've spent less time editing that face for no reason, and more time crafting an intricate one-sided chess match, with shocking twists and turns, discussed and strategized by
Light and Ryuk
, as Cell looked on (unable to see
Ryuk
), wondering when the fight was going to start.

Zolo

Didn't really care for this one much, but that's not really saying anything bad since I've found the rest hilarious. Yugi and Ken are still my favorites.

Kalentan

Didn't really care for this one much, but that's not really saying anything bad since I've found the rest hilarious. Yugi and Ken are still my favorites.

Yeah. Even as someone who liked Death Note it was just very meh. Unlike the others I don't have a desire to rewatch it. Last week set the bar so goddamn high though. xD

munchie64

That fight shouldn't have ended up that way, because...

"If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack."

That's pretty self-explanatory language. There is no surviving that move. It's not a
heart attack generator
, it's a
Death Note, the tool of a God of Death
, laying down the
exact time and conditions of Perfect Cell's death
. It only has one purpose, and it can't be used to deliver an injury. If it was incapable of defeating Cell (which can happen if it's used improperly), then it should've had zero effect, unlike the partial effect that was shown.

Although this other rule might apply.

"The Death Note will not affect those under 780 days old."

They should've spent less time editing that face for no reason, and more time crafting an intricate one-sided chess match, with shocking twists and turns, discussed and strategized by
Light and Ryuk
, as Cell looked on (unable to see
Ryuk
), wondering when the fight was going to start.
You should write an angry letter.

Zubz

Banned
New DB Super short. Spoilers as per usual

First time we get to hear Abridged Whis.

Seeing how we're not reaching Super within this decade at the current pace, I love that they've been doing shorts for it.

It's Willem Dafoe, who's going to play Ryuk in the American live-action version of Death Note.

Thank you for the explanation; I know barely anything about Death Note so the sudden live-action face just confused me. This was definitely the weakest one by far.

Cheerilee

At the start of the Buu saga in DBZ, the World Martial Arts Tournament put on a comedic stage-show reenactment of the Cell Games, and for Funimation's DBZ Kai redub of that scene, Funimation hired TFS voice actors and made some jokes.

Toei heard about it, and being a humorless wet blanket with a mad-on for TFS, Toei made Funimation pull the scene at the last minute. But the scene somehow found it's way to Youtube anyways.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1347921

Zubz

Banned
Alucard's gotta be the last one, right?

That's my guess. Just watch it be something relatively left-field, though. I mean, they showed the Super Friends in S1; just watch it end with Superman.

I love Beerus.

Definitely. I think I prefer Dub Beerus to TFS Beerus, but they definitely know how to write for him.
Had some pineapple pizza tonight; it wasn't too good, but it wasn't the pineapple's fault.

Kalentan

Lani was asked on the latest TFS Gaming Nioh stream about Abridging Super when they finish the Buu Saga and actually gave an interesting answer. Without giving a definitive no or mentioning Toei, he says they're unsure about Abridging Super because it's a very different beast to DBZ and they're unsure if it really fits the Abridging format as well as Z does.

While it does suck to hear that... It does make sense.

Diablos54

Lani was asked on the latest TFS Gaming Nioh stream about Abridging Super when they finish the Buu Saga and actually gave an interesting answer. Without giving a definitive no or mentioning Toei, he says they're unsure about Abridging Super because it's a very different beast to DBZ and they're unsure if it really fits the Abridging format as well as Z does.

While it does suck to hear that... It does make sense.
Maybe just do the movies (and the episodes in between them!) and then move onto Champa? I dunno but it's not like it's happening anytime soon anyway!

Top Bottom