• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S3 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
New episode tonight:
Walter Taffet

Philip and Elizabeth feel the weight of a new family secret while following up on the KGB's interests in South Africa; Stan faces struggles both at work and at home; Martha confronts a shocking development.

- Noah Emmerich interview with TVLine (some spoilers)
After two-and-a-half seasons of tightly kept secrets and close calls, this week’s hour “delivers on a bunch of them,” teases the actor, who helmed the installment.

Below, Emmerich also talks about Stan’s complicated feelings for the many women in his life and what his deepening friendship with Philip means for his job at the FBI. Plus, he reveals how he escaped co-star Matthew Rhys’ hazing as a first-time director.

IronRinn

I'm so pissed I'm going to miss this tonight! Gonna have to stay far away from here but it certainly sounds like
the jig may be up for Clark.

Or maybe they find the bug in the office and think it's the defector? May give Philip/Clark an out.

Ugh, SO MAD!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Tonight's episode sounds like a good one. Then again, critics aren't hyping it up on Twitter so I don't know what to believe!

-griffy-

Banned
Tonight's episode sounds like a good one. Then again, critics aren't hyping it up on Twitter so I don't know what to believe!

Sepinwall tweeted this:
uJrCZ8J.png

Powered through the show and caught up to this, really fun stuff

Most depressing thing about the show is how Phillip has to wear "meaningful" relationships like a different hat, just having to slide into them at any moments notice. So when he has real shit he cares about on his mind like home stuff and yet he has to hear some other woman's troubles and pretend he cares

Feels like they're going more in depth with that stuff this season, especially with that disturbing flashback

Powered through the show and caught up to this, really fun stuff

Most depressing thing about the show is how Phillip has to wear "meaningful" relationships like a different hat, just having to slide into them at any moments notice. So when he has real shit he cares about on his mind like home stuff and yet he has to hear some other woman's troubles and pretend he cares

Feels like they're going more in depth with that stuff this season, especially with that disturbing flashback

Yeah, it's funny how this show often manages to present an even bleaker, more cynical picture of the espionage world than John LeCarre usually does. That's...quite the accomplishment.

I'm around. Should be able to catch most of the episode when it airs.
I have a meeting super early in the morning and I will still watch it all. Priorities man!

Also calm Elizabeth was so close to telling her. Wonder what will happen tonight. We are only a few left right.

I'm in. Let's go :)

I have a meeting super early in the morning and I will still watch it all. Priorities man!

Also calm Elizabeth was so close to telling her. Wonder what will happen tonight. We are only a few left right.

I think we are about a little more than half way. This is episode 7 and there should be 13 episodes this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom