• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaverious

Would you guys, if asked by your boss, work Monday nights at a part time job that goes from 11 to 2 or 3 and you already work Thursday - Sunday while you're in school? I want to but I think I prefer having 3 days off instead of 2. It's cleaning and organizing airplanes if that helps.

Izuna

Banned
Would you guys, if asked by your boss, work Monday nights at a part time job that goes from 11 to 2 or 3 and you already work Thursday - Sunday while you're in school? I want to but I think I prefer having 3 days off instead of 2. It's cleaning and organizing airplanes if that helps.

I told my boss to fuck off when he wanted me to work 5 days as a student.

Maybe I was a little more polite, but yeah

Thing is, I've done that before. Just before I got depression I worked full time at Uni. My grades were good but I sort of crashed for numerous reasons. I wouldn't recommend it.

Johndoey

Banned
Depends on if you need the money. If not don't do it.

If you can pull it off and need the $$ why not. But I come from a different mindset that during school all I did was work after and during any time I had free. Money is money. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn't take the extra day, let's see:

11-3 = 4 hours
4 * $10 = 40
40 -.22% ($8.80) = $31.20

At $15/hour you would clear $46.80 for the same 4 hours

So, in conclusion using these baseline numbers, you would be bringing home 30 bucks on 10 dollars an hour and giving up half a day +/- travel time.

Sch1sm

I wouldn't take the extra day, let's see:

11-3 = 4 hours
4 * $10 = 40
40 -.22% ($8.80) = $31.20

At $15/hour you would clear $46.80 for the same 4 hours

So, in conclusion using these baseline numbers, you would be bringing home 30 bucks on 10 dollars an hour and giving up half a day +/- travel time.

This, and honestly, just pay attention to school if money isn't a major problem. A free day does wonders.

Aiustis

Made the least money at the box office and has the least likable protagonist and yet most of GAF still stands by Tokyo Drift as the best F&F movie because Han's in it. I don't think it's the worst but it's certainly not the best.

Delusional they are.

Shy

Why are you sleeping so early?
Because of my unique situation i sleep during the day.
Evidentally the translations are rough
Really. ? awwww.
Oh man hope you like it! I definitely tossed everything aside for it.
I really like it so far.

Before i went to bed i played up till you get the dairy.
This will honestly NEVER get old
It really doesn't 😆
Third time GameStop fucking with me this year
Not enough copies of P5,can't preorder,can't reserve and get told when the next batch is coming,they don't even know know when the next batch is coming either -_-

Would never go if they weren't the only option for reselling old shit
I'm really sorry that shit happened to you.
Mornin' peeps.
Evening good sir.
Any reason you didn't pre-order from Amazon? They even give you a discount..
Amazon doesn't Prime game discounts in every country. They only started doing that in Canada recently.

E: Yeah, Sweden gets no love on that.
We only get a discount of 2 quid.
I'm so tired cause outside is awful and now I'm sick.
Get well soon D.D.
I like reselling games before buying new ones
Was turning in a couple of games and the price of P5 was 20 bucks at the end(usually everything is 70 here)

All comes down to the resell of used games and they got that market
The same spot they on used to be a much better store that they took over
How come you don't buy from Amazon, but then resell to Gamestop.
an excerpt:
tumblr_m7ysqcPygU1qh49xjo1_1280.png
qr0dlZv.gif

Why y'all posting Dolzals origin story
lH2TMWH.gif

Huh, the Mormons are back. And they brought black cars parked all around.

This is getting a little scary.
46LMRY0.gif

Izuna

Banned
The worst thing just happened. I have to redownload everything to my 4TV external. *sigh* I guess I'm going to watch more 13 Reasons Why

Slayven

Tomi Lauren, Stacey Dash and Sage Steele walk into a bar. Bartender asks what will you have to drink. They all say "water" cause it's free

zeemumu

Gotta realize it's about more than just the cars, it's about family. Do you know what you get when you take the family out of F&F but keep everything else in?

Also, someone on Wikipedia needs to fix the link for "Race Film" because it sent me to this. Not really what I meant, guys.

zeemumu

Fuuuuuck, we might be getting a Harry Potter RPG for real. I need that Bioware-style Hogswarts sim so badly.

I haven't played a Harry Potter game since Chamber of Secrets. You get 50 points deducted from Gryffindor every time you fail a stealth mission.

Kreed

Slang threads and "today's political climate/outrage culture/we're more divided than ever" threads are good ways to see how long people have been living under rocks until social media/iPhone/Android came along.

zeemumu

I had it for PS2 though, and the disc was blue on the bottom for some reason? Was the Gamecube's the same? I know Timesplitters had a blue one as well.

I saw one of my friends playing one of the later games (I think it was Order of the Phoenix) and at some point Harry Potter became a third person cover-based shooter.

Fuuuuuck, we might be getting a Harry Potter RPG for real. I need that Bioware-style Hogswarts sim so badly.
Boy don't you play with me.

Persona with wizards is my dream game.

Don't you play.
Slang threads and "today's political climate/outrage culture/we're more divided than ever" threads are good ways to see how long people have been living under rocks until social media/iPhone/Android came along.
Shit that H3H3 thread taught me that most people around 18-24 don't know how the god damn NEWS works.

Izuna

Banned
I had it for PS2 though, and the disc was blue on the bottom for some reason? Was the Gamecube's the same? I know Timesplitters had a blue one as well.

I saw one of my friends playing one of the later games (I think it was Order of the Phoenix) and at some point Harry Potter became a third person cover-based shooter.

No clue. As a kid I didn't even like Harry Potter, but it came with the Gamecube and the only other game I had was Sunshine lol. It was dope af.

Never thought to look for another Harry Potter game tho

Zaverious

Thanks for the advice guys. I decided not to take the extra day.

How the fuck does anyone binge this show wtf

Are you talking about 13 Reasons Why? That show was so tragic with each passing episode and yet I still binged the whole thing. Got me on the verge of tears most of the time.

Izuna

Banned
Are you talking about 13 Reasons Why? That show was so tragic with each passing episode and yet I still binged the whole thing. Got me on the verge of tears most of the time.

Yeah, it's consuming my off time. I don't know if this is a good for making me feel this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom