• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
930113627_fe5172575e.jpg

My favorite soda on the planet.

Sch1sm

Wait, Ramadan is a whole month?

Yeah, I won't join for funsies.

29 or 30 days. Lunar cycle. Fast from sun up to sundown.

While we're on this topic, though, Ramadan is projected to start on the 26th of May. When we get to that point, I just want to ask everyone from now to be respectful of that. Be strong with the spoiler tags, it's a pure time. ;-;

29 or 30 days. Lunar cycle. Fast from sun up to sundown.

While we're on this topic, though, Ramadan is projected to start on the 26th of May. When we get to that point, I just want to ask everyone from now to be respectful of that. Be strong with the spoiler tags, it's a pure time. ;-;
I'll only post food pictures three times a day.

Sch1sm

I'll only post food pictures three times a day.

We're immune, you can post them 24/7 and we'll be unaffected. My concern is more with stuff that ain't exactly PG-13. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Y'all feast like kings afterward though.

After 17.5 hour long fasts in Toronto, damn right we do. Hell, last summer I was in Kenya so it was only 13 hours - still feasted.

I can't make any promises

I won't post any horse gifs for the month if you promise.

Izuna

Banned
I'll probably join for the first three days, because fasting is a humbling experience regardless.

Then it's whoever is the first result on Just-Eat

==

wait, is Ramadan shit other than fasting?

Sch1sm

I'll probably join for the first three days, because fasting is a humbling experience regardless.

==

Fasting is mainly it, but it's just a more religious time in general. That is, people check their language and actions a lot more than they tend to on the every day. The month is all about self control, and abstention from desires.

Doesn't mean you can't have sex, if you're concerned. Gotta be after sundown, though. Forbidden again come dawn. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Numb

==

I'm nicer during
I know ,I'm already too nice

Izuna

Banned
Fasting is mainly it, but it's just a more religious time in general. That is, people check their language and actions a lot more than they tend to on the every day. The month is all about self control, and abstention from desires.

Doesn't mean you can't have sex, if you're concerned. Gotta be after sundown, though. Forbidden again come dawn. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Self-control for me is not ordering take-away and cooking, so perhaps from day 3 onwards I can join in my own way.

Lemme appropriate and bastardise this holy holiday just so I can feel part of something
I'm being self-aware/honest

Sch1sm

Self-control for me is not ordering take-away and cooking, so perhaps from day 3 onwards I can join in my own way.

Lemme appropriate and bastardise this holy holiday just so I can feel part of something

It's easier than you think, really, going without food or drink for those hours. The first day is tough. Beyond then? Eh.

Izuna

Banned
It's easier than you think, really, going without food or drink for those hours. The first day is tough. Beyond then? Eh.

I've only fasted once when I wanted to be Buddhist all of a sudden in my teens haha. I lasted 3 days until my big brother was like "btw, there's like 2 whole boxes of pizza in the fridge cause I ordered too much"

Yeah, once you get over the initial hump your body goes into a fasting mode etc. (like it does every night actually). I read a lot on fasting, even watched a dude on YouTube do a 40-day water fast.

Forgive me if I'm tone deaf, but as someone who's not religious, I get the feeling that this is a humbling and healthy "activity", which is why I'm considering it.

It's after exams and before my holiday in Japan, sounds great.

Numb

I clap back as hard, I'm not Numb.
Exchanged horse pic posting ability for clapbacks

As long as you are active in doing good it's all good
Being aware and attempting when not required is already fantastic!

I've only fasted once when I wanted to be Buddhist all of a sudden in my teens haha. I lasted 3 days until my big brother was like "btw, there's like 2 whole boxes of pizza in the fridge cause I ordered too much"

Yeah, once you get over the initial hump your body goes into a fasting mode etc. (like it does every night actually). I read a lot on fasting, even watched a dude on YouTube do a 40-day water fast.

Forgive me if I'm tone deaf, but as someone who's not religious, I get the feeling that this is a humbling and healthy "activity", which is why I'm considering it.

It's after exams and before my holiday in Japan, sounds great.

Fasting isn't really necessary in the beginning for Buddhism unless your moral compass caused for it outright...

Shy

Honourable brothers and sister, this is the only fizzy drink brand you should be drinking.
YecmXD0.jpg

*Other flavours are available.
Whatup, Shy!
Sup, Shy..
LQdknyC.gif

I buy from online when i have no games to sell
Just go to Gamestop when i got some
Otherwise never
Gotcha.
I like how Shy always does his home work when he comes back.

Evening.
Been playing for a good part of the day.
I played up till i unlocked the confidant ability. Then stopped at the next save point.

I fucking love the game.

I'm kinda disgusted wiith myself, but i might have to get all the paid DLC for it.
Nigga got a dossier on all y'all..
LMAO.
What?! Canada and the US get 20% off discounts if they're Prime subscribers.
Yep. And i'm prime too.

Izuna

Banned
didn't stop watching like I thought

half way through 7

told Bae to watch it because I can't be the only one feeling this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom