• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

It's crazy. You'd think we'd take mental health more seriously in this (the US) country, considering how every racist white person seems to have a mental illness. I mean, this shit should be a national crisis
I think the mental illness angle is just so folks don't have to call out their family. Depression easier to stomach then pop pop being a bigot.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
. . .

normal people

just say the n word

once or twice

and then move on

normal people

Thaaaat's enough GAF for today, later y'all.

Beefy

I think the mental illness angle is just so folks don't have to call out their family. Depression easier to stomach then pop pop being a bigot.

I got depression and anxiety don't see me saying either word and am black. Some dudes just want to make shit up.

Going into race related gaming side threads has to be the equivalent of smoking... you know its not good for your health but you keep doing it anyway.

cdyhybrid

Makes one wonder about all these dudes that say it's normal for dudes to drop n-bombs when angry. Who are they hanging out with? 🤔

Got to boycott your store bro

Like 95% of our personal hygiene section are all Sundial Brand (SheaMoisture/Nubian Heritage) stuff

I mean, we can try to push more direct African imports like raw shea butter and black soap, but yall know black folks price conscious as all hell.

Or... there IS a black owned local company that makes shea butter products which is very popular in this area. We'll give them a call tomorrow... lol

Merc_

Hay guys just asking questions but would a black guy get in the same trouble for calling a white person cracker just asking questions

please make sure to discuss this for pages and ignore what the thread is actually about

Like 95% of our personal hygiene section are all Sundial Brand (SheaMoisture/Nubian Heritage) stuff

I mean, we can try to push more direct African imports like raw shea butter and black soap, but yall know black folks price conscious as all hell.

Or... there IS a black owned local company that makes shea butter products which is very popular in this area. We'll give them a call tomorrow... lol

Oyin and As I Am are my go-to's for hair/skin products.

D i Z

How is VICE seemingly so prosperous when everything they produce results in so much prepacked and ready to deploy venom against everything they do?

SheaMoisture...is ran by idiots.

We going at SheaMoisture now?

Shea moisture fucked up and their Twitter person ain't helping

Their Facebook account is getting dragged from here to kingdom come. And the few people supporting them...well, I looked at the pics attached to the comments and they are either white or light.

I was a little late to the SheaMoisture party, but I appreciated the fact that they were a black owned company and their products were free of most of the harsh chemicals that are used in black hair products. I use their products on my hair and on my son's hair (though his hair has a looser curl than mine, he still needs that black barber shop). I'm going to use up what I have and then see what happens. As people are saying, Shea Moisture is going All Hair Matters, and completely ignoring the demographic that put them on the map. I'm cool with non black people using the product (shout out to that one white woman in those old Jheri Curl ads), but when you center non black people, you have an issue.

Man, I feel like I need to get my mom in Japan and out of America

Feels like Trump getting elected ripped off the last piece of duct tape and people calling themselves liberals are cool with coddling racists and anti-abortion people to try and get some votes back

Slayven

SBS-Laughing-Legend-Match-2-1600x825.png

http://nextshark.com/south-korea-sbs-laughing-legend-match-racist-blackface-skit/

South Korean television network SBS has come under fire after airing a racist comedy sketch featuring a character in blackface on the show “Laughing Legend Match”.

In a comedy skit, a character named Hyunhee talks to her family about her dreams of becoming a comedian despite her father’s disapproval, according to Koreaboo.

When she comes to see him, Hyunhee appears in blackface, wearing dreadlocks and what are supposed to be African tribal clothes.

The final scene of the show has the character dancing to the song “Circle of Life” from Disney’s “The Lion King”.

akira28

Man, I feel like I need to get my mom in Japan and out of America

Feels like Trump getting elected ripped off the last piece of duct tape and people calling themselves liberals are cool with coddling racists and anti-abortion people to try and get some votes back

All I got to say is remember what happened after the Civil War. Had former slaves in the damned Capitol Building. Somehow those racist traitorous fucks dragged the country all the way back to treating black people like dirt. Took them less than 30 years to do it.

Don't let it happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom