• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
MHWIlliams is a Gotham fan.

akira28

Miley Cyrus funny as shit "all the mysogyny and sex images and materialism pushed me out of hip hop"

lol, you don't say ?

her rebellious "urban" phase is over, now she's back to being a country western starlet. hope her 'black friends' aren't disappointd

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Miley Cyrus funny as shit "all the mysogyny and sex images and materialism pushed me out of hip hop"

lol, you don't say ?

her rebellious "urban" phase is over, now she's back to being a country western starlet. hope her 'black friends' aren't disappointd

its an all too common occurrence. i wasnt shocked when kid rock did it, i wasnt shocked when justin beiber did it, and i wasnt shocked when miley did it. what does shock me is that people keep enabling it.

Guardians vol 2 of course only
played the black 80's music for the credits. Fuck that Zine nonsense and this 80's music if it happens again
because really really tho

Finally saw Power Rangers... damn it was surprisingly decent... the Rangers are pretty damn likeable and relateable... and surprisingly not just 2D stock characters.

Really cool to have a character on the autism spectrum but it not be his defining characteristic.

The Trini/Rita scene in Trini's bedroom had hella super lesbian undertones to it. Thought it was a really cool. Given she basically says she's gay earlier I really dug the scene driving it home. Worked well for a movie where everyone begins and ends single

Thank god they never did Max Landis' script

Guardians vol 2 of course only
played the black 80's music for the credits. Fuck that Zine nonsense and this 80's music if it happens again
because really really tho

Meh, Sam Cooke got a track.

Anyone here heard Logic's new album yet? It's kinda preachy, but I fuck with it. "1-800" hit me pretty hard since I've been kinda going through it recently.

Slayven

Finally saw Power Rangers... damn it was surprisingly decent... the Rangers are pretty damn likeable and relateable... and surprisingly not just 2D stock characters.

Really cool to have a character on the autism spectrum but it not be his defining characteristic.

The Trini/Rita scene in Trini's bedroom had hella super lesbian undertones to it. Thought it was a really cool. Given she basically says she's gay earlier I really dug the scene driving it home. Worked well for a movie where everyone begins and ends single

Thank god they never did Max Landis' script
Movie was way better than it had any right to be

lol, you don't say ?

I hope everyone gave her maximum sideye

Movie was way better than it had any right to be

Way way way better. Even the decision to only have them morph in basically the final act worked well. It made that moment pretty satisfying. Like I expected this to fucking suuuuck and instead I cared, instead the best parts of the movie were the character moments, some it reminded me of the farm scene from TMNT 1990.

I dug that each piloted a Mega Zord body part.

Such a great touch to drive team work home.

I hope they do go with a female Tommy for the sequel as some of the cast were hoping, it'd make it an even gender split and it'd fit everything about the Green Ranger as laid out in this movie.

That and switch the romance from Kim/Tommy to Trini/Tommy. Have the big team romance be between two women!

I can't get over how fucking likeable they all were. Easily the best nostalgia cash in to date imo

lol, you don't say ?

Funny, don't recall her ever being hip hop. I guess surrounding herself with black dudes and pretend twerking made her feel that way.

Slayven

Way way way better. Even the decision to only have them morph in basically the final act worked well. It made that moment pretty satisfying.

I dug that each piloted a Mega Zord body part.

Such a great touch to drive team work home.

I hope they do go with a female Tommy for the sequel as some of the cast were hoping, it'd make it an even gender split and it'd fit everything about the Green Ranger as laid out in this movie.

That and switch the romance from Kim/Tommy to Trini/Tommy. Have the big team romance be between two women!

I can't get over how fucking likeable they all were. Easily the best nostalgia cash in to date imo

I like that the movie actually used the zords individually, something the genre itself has pretty much abandoned

I'm going to remake the film Havock
Replace the white people with Hispanics with white people
White people with Asians
Black people with invisible people
there isn't any if I remember
And keep Joseph Gordon Levitt as a gangsta

Even Goldar was a lot better than you have lead to believe

But Rita
mid reviving seemed like a horror movie that was spliced into a kid's movie

Bit of a tone whiplash

Yeah I missed the Cosmic Moons Dumpster lol...

Rita's arrival was the only thing that bothered me....
I mean she was just in the water for 65 million years and fishermen in what was called a Fishing town only conveniently found her now when the Power Coins got found... she should have been released from a fossilisedish state by the blast that revealed the power coins... a sort of double edged sword. Minor nit pick though, Banks was also pretty good, I liked the mythos of her being the previous Green Ranger and Zordon the previous Red Ranger...

If they do a Green with Evil storyline I hope it's only the first half of the movie. I don't want to wait for a third for a full team.

Slayven

I found out today the dude that was Lex Luthor in Smallville is in Guardians 2

Yeah I missed the Cosmic Moons Dumpster lol...

Rita's arrival was the only thing that bothered me....
I mean she was just in the water for 65 million years and fishermen in what was called a Fishing town only conveniently found her now when the Power Coins got found... she should have been released from a fossilisedish state by the blast that revealed the power coins... a sort of double edged sword. Minor nit pick though, Banks was also pretty good, I liked the mythos of her being the previous Green Ranger and Zordon the previous Red Ranger...

If they do a Green with Evil storyline I hope it's only the first half of the movie. I don't want to wait for a third for a full team.

Oh one other thing i didn't like only Red got a weapon

Shout out to Bryan Cranston, most actors at his level wouldn't have taken the job let alone actually put the work in

I found out today the dude that was Lex Luthor in Smallville is in Guardians 2

Oh one other thing i didn't like only Red got a weapon

Shout out to Bryan Cranston, most actors at his level wouldn't have taken the job let alone actually put the work in

Yeah hopefully the others will come next time

I'm sure Cranston having a personal connection given that he voiced monsters back in the day kept him motivated... Bill Hayder rocked as Alpha too (another example of a design that looked way better in motion)

Slayven

Yeah hopefully the others will come next time

I'm sure Cranston having a personal connection given that he voiced monsters back in the day kept him motivated... Bill Hayder rocked as Alpha too (another example of a design that looked way better in motion)

Yeah the marketing for this movie did not do it any favors. Perfect example of "you only get one shot for a first impression"

Yeah the marketing for this movie did not do it any favors. Perfect example of "you only get one shot for a first impression"

Yep. Glad I gave it a chance though cause like I said dug it. I'd even say I like these versions of the characters more than the originals

Too bad looking at the Box Office Revenue that their ambitious but dumbass 6 movie arc probably won't even get to act 2...I doubt we'll get a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom