• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this Ledger slander?

The Joker is literally the most flexible character in comics. His very character means he can be anything, from goofy to grounded to bizarre to otherworldly. The only things Ledger was missing were a perma-smile, bleached skin, and Joker venom. He has the suit, he has the mentality, he has the plans, he has makeup to replace the bleach, he has the hair, he has the charisma, he has the insanity, he replaced venom with knives and mutilation, and like all other Jokers he is the perfect anti-thesis to his version of Batman, which is a great version.

They changed how elements worked (ie. face paint replacing bleach and knives replacing chemicals) but the elements are all there.

The Joker is extremely flexible. He can fit into any mold.

The Nolan Batman movies were more concerned with being good movies and taking after greats than fitting the comics, but for what they were they did an amazing job.

They still got out there with Ras, Talia, Bane (ninja cult with worldwide influence), Harvey (corpse face), and Crane (perfect psychotropic hallucinogen). Begins is Year One mixed with Blade Runner, and The Dark Knight is The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, and The Killing Joke mixed with Heat. And for all the talk that they aren't comic booky, or weird enough, I can find screenshots of scenes pulled right out of the comics.

Remember Batman controlling bats in Begins? That's from Year One.

main-qimg-515d423ee2c62d09afed7dc30d3cb7d5

Remember the rooftop meetup between Harvey, Dent, and Gordon in TDK? That's from The Long Halloween. Along with burning giant stacks of mob money, moles in the justice system working for the mob, the look of Harvey's face, Harvey's war on crime, one of the three faking their death to catch a criminal, the whole damn movie. Even the ending basically comes from The Long Halloween.

Remember Scarecrow riding a horse in Batman Begins, as well as hiding fear toxin in stuffed animals? That came from Dark Victory.

A man being hung from a building with a note attached? Dark Victory.

Falcone working with Scarecrow to deal with the rise of costumed freaks? The Long Halloween.

Bruce trying to reveal his identity? Dark Victory.

And on and on and on.

Gotham looks the way it does in Begins because Nolan wanted it to look like Blade Runner.

Gotham looks the way it does in TDK because Nolan wanted it to look like a Michael Mann movie.

I won't stand up for many DC movies, but these knew what they were doing.

God damn Kat Blaque content is so fucking good. Just went on a binge on her YouTube channel

Wait is American Gods worth me paying Amazon $7 a month for?

D i Z

God damn Kat Blaque content is so fucking good. Just went on a binge on her YouTube channel

Wait is American Gods worth me paying Amazon $7 a month for?

Hard to say. It's only on the second episode. I like it a lot, but If I didn't already have access to it, I don't think I'd spring just for one show.

Meh Guardians vol 2 was ok
Went to 11 on it doing the whole 80's thing again
Strutting in like
WelfareQueen-HERO-Tinted.jpg.CROP.fresca-xlarge.jpg

But Drax that dude, probably wouldn't even like the film without em

Izuna

Banned
Preliminary stress over

Exam period begins

and I'm obsessing over the unimportant stuff in life

~~

Hello BCT, this is a new version of Izuna. Hold no grudges.

I'll let you get to know me:

~~

[my backlog]
Ks3Twni.png

Since getting a dope af gaming laptop and a desktop like set-up with 144hz, it hasn't changed. I wanna play the same games. Quake Champions is dope. So is the beginning of Nier Automata.

~~

japanese girl absolutely destroys black boy

race doesn't matter here but there is so much emotion in this video

~~

GOTG2 was worth watching just to keep up to date with the trending movies and to see baby Groot

akira28

Hey Izuna. it's almost like you never left.

so I'm seriously hankering for Panda and I am ashamed.

damned teriyaki and orange devil

Shy

Morning, peoples..
Afternoon people that can say the N word
Good morning league of assassins negros
Mornin' all.
Morning BCT
Mornin all!
Evening all.
As the moon hits it peak on nigga solstice our fast twitch muscles are powered up 3 fold
Finally i'll be able to hit Kyoken X10.
Not on Shy's watch.
cM7y8d8.jpg

Need to get me some GotG figures.
What's your budget ?

Because Hot Toys does a 1:1 Baby Groot. but it's very expensive.
Dat American Gods ep 2 intro goddamn
The beginning of American Gods episode 2... Watch it people
Gonna watch it in a bit.

Been listening to the audio book last night.

Beefy

Evening all.

What's your budget ?

Because Hot Toys does a 1:1 Baby Groot. but it's very expensive.

Evening Shy! Damn I am going to have to get that figure now!

--------------------

Also I was chatting to this stunning girl. We were getting on and had the same interests, she was even into football (UK). Then she started talking about how great Trump and La Pen were for the world...

D i Z

--------------------

Also I was chatting to this stunning girl. We were getting on and had the same interests, she was even into football (UK). Then she started talking about how great Trump and La Pen were for the world...

Shiiiiiiit.

----

Whatup, Shy!

Shy

It's pretty dope.

You could probably import it for cheaper then Forbidden Planet is selling it.

But that goes without saying, they were always a fucking ripoff.
Hope you told her to fuck off.
Whatup, Shy!
Evening fam.

--------------------

At least you heard it early man. Imagine if you went well on for a few months to find out late.

Beefy

It's pretty dope.

You could probably import it for cheaper then Forbidden Planet is selling it.

But that goes without saying, they were always a fucking ripoff.

Hope you told her to fuck off.

Yeah Forbidden Planet are a rip and yeah dude I did. I can't be dealing with that shit.

At least you heard it early man. Imagine if you went well on for a few months to find out late.

True! Imagine her saying Trump and La Pen shit all the time..

Watched the first ep of 13 Reasons Why and I get why its so popular

Main character an ol' cold cornball nice-guy ass bitch. Dude offended that his waifu may not be pure
mjlol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom