• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
What even would be the "ain't shit dream team" ? The two aforementioned, Derrick Rose's knees, Snipes and Lauryn Hill's accountant, Destiny's social features...

the Traveler from Destiny, Ninja Gaiden 3 in all incarnations, Nas' alimony payments, post-Da Purge NBA-GAF, The Book of Eli, and dat struggle ass show My Brother and Me from Nickelodeon

coached by Ripclawe, asst. coach the human modeller guy from Halo 3, waterboy Carlos Mencia

I get that but that response had nothing to do with that dumb ass article. I didn't know we were criticizing Shonda's writing.

On that topic I guess Shonda's writing embellishes aspects of day time soap operas but give it a prime time coat of paint, for better or for worse. So things get very melodramatic and very over the top at times but I think that's entirely the point (it has to be.)

I'm not entirely convinced that black characters in Shonda's shows are paired with white people so the show won't be seen as black and I say that because the characters and dialogue seem very racially aware. However considering how this trend is very pervasive on TV and especially on the network Scandal airs on I mean...yeah.

i'm sure that's exactly why it happens. she knows that at the end of the day she needs ratings and people just ain't down with a black lead couple in a drama or a black male/white female lead couple.

harSon

Banned
the Traveler from Destiny, Ninja Gaiden 3 in all incarnations, Nas' alimony payments, post-Da Purge NBA-GAF, The Book of Eli, and dat struggle ass show My Brother and Me from Nickelodeon

coached by Ripclawe, asst. coach the human modeller guy from Halo 3, waterboy Carlos Mencia

How about the Too Human lead animator?

How about the Too Human lead animator?

5t9Gh.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I liked it too. But then again, I think I liked every show on Nickelodeon back then. Except Hey Dude. Anyone else fuck with The Secret Files of Shelby Woo?

hey dude was boring as shit. i fucked with shelby woo until the new cast came. i couldnt after that

She gave sidepieces hope = Olivia inspires real life women who have affairs with married men.

Now give me a couple that contains two black people = Olivia and this woman on this new show are in relationships with white men of power. Many people believe Shonda writes her stories like this so that white people are more willing to watch them where as if the main black female character was with a black guy they (white people) might be turned off (and subsequently the show would be seen as a "black show").

I haven't watched any of her shows past the first season of Gray's Anatomy so I could be wrong on the relationship dynamics in these shows.

Oh I read the article and I have no problems with Shonda's current work, what I'm saying is she has corporate and white america fully behind her sop now lets start sneaking in some fully functional and ell developed black couples.

I think I watched that show anyway, just cuz where else was I gonna see black people on Nick besides Keenan and Kel.

Tevin Campbell lookin' mofos and all

i know everyone else was getting their iPhones today (i'll get my Note 4 in a month), but today i got a UE Boom and i approve of this product. damn, i'm feeling it right now listening to Sean Paul.

shoulda stuck around DY. Beat that strike at level 25, got 6 strange coin.

It glitches out when the two of us his behind some rocks, enemies stopped attacking us.

KumaJG

Learn from me. Go outside, look at the sky, feel the wind. Don't throw your life away...

I am already addicted lol Been playing on easy to get a feel for the game. Shit straight crack. I am about in the hypobolic time chamber and master this game lol.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Archeage's launch has been embarrassing as fuck. Fucking 9hr queues...wut!?

Clearly Trion decided to cheap out on servers. When I can download and play another F2P MMO in the time it takes me to wait in line after choosing a server, you have fucked up.

Clearly Trion decided to cheap out on servers. When I can download and play another F2P MMO in the time it takes me to wait in line after choosing a server, you have fucked up.

Shit makes no sense. 9hr queues is gonna kill what little community this game gets quick af.

I still need to buy Destiny. Unfortunately I only have a PS3 and Bungie are being bitches and aren't releasing Destiny on PC.

Fuck, saw that Surface commercial again...now the damn song is stuck in my head yet again.

G-Fex

I tried halo anniversary again a while back, ehhh..it might be just me but I'm not feeling it anymore. Wasn't really enjoying playing it, the slow parts just felt boring and it didn't feel worth it to continue.

Ah well. Must be me.

RedSwirl

hey dude was boring as shit. i fucked with shelby woo until the new cast came. i couldnt after that

I don't know why but I watched the shit out of Hey Dude. Even back then I probably couldn't think up a good reason to be watching it. My Brother and Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom