• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division PC performance thread

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hey guys, I just got a G810 that comes with the game and I was wondering how it runs on a GTX680 with 2GB VRAM? Could I lock to 30fps and run it on high/ultra? What type of settings give a mostly locked 60fps?
Thanks!

Iced

Patched up the game last night and I'm still experiencing jerky horizontal mouse movement with the frame limiter at 30. Ah, well.

dr_rus

Hey guys, I just got a G810 that comes with the game and I was wondering how it runs on a GTX680 with 2GB VRAM? Could I lock to 30fps and run it on high/ultra? What type of settings give a mostly locked 60fps?
Thanks!

I'd say that you should be able to get a locked 30 in 1080p on Low-Med settings.

Locked 60 is unlikely as even on Low this is what 680 (as something in between 670 and 770) manages as average:

division_1080p_low.png
wcMb.png

The game is very CPU heavy btw, so that may also be important.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'd say that you should be able to get a locked 30 in 1080p on Low-Med settings.

Locked 60 is unlikely as even on Low this is what 680 (as something in between 670 and 770) manages as average:

http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2016/03/game_division/charts/division_1080p_low.png[/im
[img]http://i.picpar.com/wcMb.png[/im

The game is very CPU heavy btw, so that may also be important.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I got the game since two nights ago and it plays very well on most high, some ultra at 30fps locked. My 2500K is at 4.6GHz so I am guessing that helps quite a bit.

Nohar

Hello,

I bought The Division on PC recently. I've been trying to run the games several times, but I experienced numerous crashes and bugs. I was finally able to play it and reach the main island, but I am experiencing low FPS (< 30 FPS ; around 21 to 25 FPS most of the time) even with very low graphical options. Do you have any advices on what I could do to improve my performance?
It seems I am able to have "decent" FPS (~30 FPS) while playing in Window mode (Fullscreen) (1920 x 1080), though I'll need to check if the FPS drops if there is some action on the screen.

Here is my system configuration:
  • Windows 7 64 bits
  • AMD Radeon HD 7800 series (with the latest drivers)
  • 8go of RAM
  • Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3100 MHz, 2 cores, 4 processors".

DasTanK

Does anyone mess with the settings in the nvidia control panel or should i use let the 3d application decide? thanks

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hello,

I bought The Division on PC recently. I've been trying to run the games several times, but I experienced numerous crashes and bugs. I was finally able to play it and reach the main island, but I am experiencing low FPS (< 30 FPS ; around 21 to 25 FPS most of the time) even with very low graphical options. Do you have any advices on what I could do to improve my performance?
It seems I am able to have "decent" FPS (~30 FPS) while playing in Window mode (Fullscreen) (1920 x 1080), though I'll need to check if the FPS drops if there is some action on the screen.

Here is my system configuration:
  • Windows 7 64 bits
  • AMD Radeon HD 7800 series (with the latest drivers)
  • 8go of RAM
  • Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3100 MHz, 2 cores, 4 processors".

Performance not improving despite lower settings points to a CPU bottleneck. Sadly, you can't overclock non-K CPUs.

what are the new lighting options patch 1.1 brought? quality enhancements or just lower settings for performance?

The patch isn't out yet; it hits in a couple of days.

n0razi

How playable is this game on a Dell 7559 (Skylake i7, 8gb dd3, 4gb 960M)?

Medium settings at native res?

JaseC

How playable is this game on a Dell 7559 (Skylake i7, 8gb dd3, 4gb 960M)?

Medium settings at native res?

The 960M is roughly as powerful as a 750 Ti, so 1080p30 should be achievable with medium settings as per dr_rus' post towards the top of the page (the one with the bar graphs). If you buy the game on Steam, you can play around with the graphics settings for a couple of hours before deciding whether or not you want to keep it.

JaseC

The new resolution scaling option allows you to scale your selected resolution to 50% (i.e. half), 75%, 85%, 100% (i.e. no change) or 200% (i.e. 4x supersampling).

The new lighting option is just a Yes/No toggle for "neutral lighting", which disables/enables some lighting effects. On (No):

Off (Yes):

The new resolution scaling option allows you to scale your selected resolution to 50% (i.e. half), 75%, 85%, 100% (i.e. no change) or 200% (i.e. 2x supersampling).
In game downsampling and up sampling is nice. Kudos to the devs for that.
looks like some sort of GI. what was the default option pre patch?

That is how it is manifesting, but it also kind of reminds me of a constant ambient term. Yeah... I wonder what it is.

dr_rus

The new resolution scaling option allows you to scale your selected resolution to 50% (i.e. half), 75%, 85%, 100% (i.e. no change) or 200% (i.e. 2x supersampling).

If that's the diagonal type of 200% then it's 4x supersampling. Which would make more sense from a quality point of view.

JaseC

If that's the diagonal type of 200% then it's 4x supersampling. Which would make more sense from a quality point of view.

Ah, yeah, I tend to forget that supersampling is overall resolution and not the multiplication factor of each axis.

looks like some sort of GI. what was the default option pre patch?

On. The day one patch notes mention "Fixed several lights that did not cast global illumination".

tioslash

The new resolution scaling option allows you to scale your selected resolution to 50% (i.e. half), 75%, 85%, 100% (i.e. no change) or 200% (i.e. 4x supersampling).

The new lighting option is just a Yes/No toggle for "neutral lighting", which enables/disables some lighting effects.

Interesting. What about performance impact? Noticed anything between on/off setting?

dr_rus

Ah, yeah, I tend to forget that supersampling is overall resolution and not the multiplication factor of each axis.

I'm not saying it is. I just kinda hope it is because the game could definitely do with a better AA than whatever post/temporal it had previously and 2x SS isn't enough to get to a good AA quality usually.

Relying on DSR to do this stuff isn't really a good thing either as DSR/VSR hack could be closed off by MS at some point.

JaseC

Interesting. What about performance impact? Noticed anything between on/off setting?

Oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be one as far as the inbuilt benchmark is concerned. I get practically identical results -- the difference is only 2 or 3 FPS at most (my specs are in the OP).

JaseC

I'm not saying it is.

Well, you should be, because that is what supersampling is. ;)

I just kinda hope it is because the game could definitely do with a better AA than whatever post/temporal it had previously and 2x SS isn't enough to get to a good AA quality usually. Relying on DSR to do this stuff isn't really a good thing either as DSR/VSR hack could be closed off by MS at some point.

I think you have your wires crossed. This isn't the Quantum Break thread. I don't even own Quantum Break, haha.

Edit: D'oh, I was supposed to edit this into my previous post.

With an ocd 980ti, a 2500k @4.5ghz, and 8gb ddr3 RAM I could barely hold 60fps at 1440p.

Upgraded my CPU to a 6700k and ocd to 4.5ghz and upgraded RAM to ddr4 16gb (3000) and I'm pushing 100 constantly. Some small dips occasionally which is fine with gsync

edit: 970ti -> 980ti hehe

finlaybob

Neo Member
I'm getting a weird stuttering problem whenever I use a scope.

My frame rate is mostly a consistent 60fps (1680x1050, various raised and lowered settings to try and stick around 60 due to mid-level CPU).

When I exit from the scope by either hitting tab or releasing the mouse button, the stutter is so bad I've seen the fps drop to 1-2fps, then 1-2 seconds later it is back at 60 fps. It's affecting my ability to play the game a little bit - as I can't use a scope at all during play.

I have no idea what's causing it. If the game has been on for longer - it gets progressively worse. i.e. If I've been playing for 10 mins the stutter is only 0.1 seconds. If I've been playing for 2 hours the stutter is about 2 seconds.

I've tried most of the graphics options too, can't seem to pin it down.

I have:
AMD FX-8350 Oc'd at 4.7Ghz
8GB 1600mhz Ram,
EVGA GTX 970 SC,
The game is on a brand new 7200 rpm mechanical HDD ( I don't have enough space on my SSD )

It can't be reading from disk that is causing it? Surely when you scope in and out it's not trying to stream data from the disk? Have I not got enough RAM and it's caching something to the disk?

Interestingly I've not seen anyone else with this issue. Anyone heard anything similar to this?

Buburibon

The new lighting option is just a Yes/No toggle for "neutral lighting", which enables/disables some lighting effects. On:

Off:

Interesting. The recommended default setting for Ultra is "No." The description seems to imply that "Yes" disables effects, am I reading that right?

cripterion

This game is pure bullshit, how the fuck are the servers still unstable? Doing Russian CM and party members disconnect left & right, get near the end and we all get Delta. Come back and the instance resets?
Do the incursion thing and my abilities are bugged (they both don't activate), jesus.

On the plus side the lighting seems better than before.

Just did some quick comparisons regarding that new resolution scaling. On my custom high settings at 1080p, the difference between 100% to 85% resolution is 5fps. Turning it down to 75% gives me additional 5fps. Not sure if it's normal, because my PC is pretty old and CPU bottlenecked. 85% resolution still looks good (900p?), but at 75% it's starting to look blurry (750p?). I'm not good at maths.

Is anyone still getting crashes with this update? I'm really getting frustrated with the lack of developer response to the PC version's issues. I started a new thread on Reddit to try to get some visibility, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to "spam" it here.

dr_rus

Well, you should be, because that is what supersampling is. ;)
They could have a 200% scaling which will essentially be 2x supersampling - just scale across one axis. So I don't really know what these 200% means here.

I think you have your wires crossed. This isn't the Quantum Break thread. I don't even own Quantum Break, haha.

Edit: D'oh, I was supposed to edit this into my previous post.

What gave you an idea I'm talking about QB? I'm talking about The Division, it's AA isn't really good as post+temporal is the only option it has - or had prior to 1.1. It's always good to have an in-game supersampling option.

Is anyone still getting crashes with this update? I'm really getting frustrated with the lack of developer response to the PC version's issues. I started a new thread on Reddit to try to get some visibility, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to "spam" it here.

I've never had a single crash after 120 hours of playtime according to Steam.

Maybe it's a driver issue? Have you tried updating/rolling back your driver?

I've never had a single crash after 120 hours of playtime according to Steam.

Maybe it's a driver issue? Have you tried updating/rolling back your driver?

Believe me, I've tried everything. In fact, things were working quite well after I overclocked (opposed to the popular underclocked) my video card. But the crashes came back hard last week.

I've done the clean drivers, the clean install of the game on SSD, on the drive with the OS, etc. It's just so unpredictable and random and frustrating. :\

JaseC

They could have a 200% scaling which will essentially be 2x supersampling - just scale across one axis. So I don't really know what these 200% means here.

Sure, it's possible insofar that there are no forces in play that render it impossible, but it'd be completely bizarre.

What gave you an idea I'm talking about QB? I'm talking about The Division, it's AA isn't really good as post+temporal is the only option it has - or had prior to 1.1. It's always good to have an in-game supersampling option.

You mentioned the possibility of Microsoft deciding to put a stop to the use of D/VSR.

dr_rus

You mentioned the possibility of Microsoft deciding to put a stop to the use of D/VSR.

Ah. Well, they can make some changes in some WDDM 3.0 for example rendering the trick impossible to implement anywhere, be it exclusive fullscreen or borderless. So having the in-game option is always good, even though we have the DSR/VSR option at the moment as well. I wish more devs would implement this as it's arguably the easiest thing to add to the renderer.

JaseC

Ah. Well, they can make some changes in some WDDM 3.0 for example rendering the trick impossible to implement anywhere, be it exclusive fullscreen or borderless. So having the in-game option is always good, even though we have the DSR/VSR option at the moment as well. I wish more devs would implement this as it's arguably the easiest thing to add to the renderer.

Ah, right. On the bright side, even if MS did go that route (which wouldn't be completely shocking in light of UWP), at least it wouldn't be a concern for those on Win7 through Win10 given MS' history of only updating WDDM with a new OS release, presumably because any tweaks to an existing model would have the potential to cause catastrophic driver issues. Mind you, at some point sticking with <Win10 for the sake of D/VSR would become infeasible due to practically every new release using a version of D3D that you don't have access to... although such a scenario would be a good excuse to dual boot if you simply couldn't part with driver-level supersampling in older games.

Alexious

With an ocd 970ti, a 2500k @4.5ghz, and 8gb ddr3 RAM I could barely hold 60fps at 1440p.

Upgraded my CPU to a 6700k and ocd to 4.5ghz and upgraded RAM to ddr4 16gb (3000) and I'm pushing 100 constantly. Some small dips occasionally which is fine with gsync

Ah, I knew it. I have a GTX 980Ti SLI, but my i7 3770 at stock frequency is dragging me down and it seems like I can't reach 60FPS at 1440P (with everything maxed though, including HFTS and HBAO+).

I just need to move to a much stronger CPU.

Ah, I knew it. I have a GTX 980Ti SLI, but my i7 3770 at stock frequency is dragging me down and it seems like I can't reach 60FPS at 1440P (with everything maxed though, including HFTS and HBAO+).

Yup, that was my issue. I'm on max everything now. It looks pretty however it doesn't help that I think the game is fucking boring :(

riflen

Your CPU does not care what rendering resolution you use. If you can reach your frame rate target at lower resolutions, then you are being GPU limited at 2560x1440.

grendelrt

SLI is broken in the game. I get much more stable performance using a single card. In SLI the performance slowly downgrades and has stutters. Nvidia is aware of it but still hasnt done shit to fix it.

The game is much more optimized right now than it was on the beta/launch week.

It's staying mostly at 75C while it was almost hitting 90C back then.

Believe me, I've tried everything. In fact, things were working quite well after I overclocked (opposed to the popular underclocked) my video card. But the crashes came back hard last week.

I've done the clean drivers, the clean install of the game on SSD, on the drive with the OS, etc. It's just so unpredictable and random and frustrating. :\

OC may lead to crashes, try resetting it to factory clocks. Sorry, can't help you further.

Vtomi80

Neo Member
4690K @4.2GHz + 8GB Ram + 980Ti

With everything maxed at 1080p including HFTS, rock solid 60fps at 98% of the time with gorgeous visuals! HFTS looks amazing.

FPS drops to 45-50 at the east part of the city, on the streets where there are a lot of individual objects.

As I found out this is more like a CPU bottleneck (!!!) and if I notch down the extra streaming distance from 100% to 70%, it gets better.

I will try to OC my CPU further (new cooler ordered) and will see the results.

Awesome game BTW :)

Top Bottom