• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

DD

Kind of off topic, but my brother sent me these pics and I find them effin' awesome.

img-20151113-wa0001nosx7.jpg

img-20151113-wa0002wqsym.jpg

img-20151113-wa0003y5scd.jpg

Zeknurn

Situated 120KM North East of Paris CDG Airport is the currently disused Laon-Couvron Air Base. Rumours has it that the site has recently been purchased by MSV, Motorsports Vision, owners of the Brands Hatch circuit amongst others in the UK. It is understood that group, led by former Formula One Driver Jonathan Palmer, have ambitions to redevelop the site, creating a new circuit in France and ultimately the new home of the French F1 Grand Prix. Reports suggest redevelopment work will commence in 2016.

The site is situated between two major highways through France, a little over 1.5 hour’s drive from Paris and 40 minutes from Reims.

http://jwgrandprix.com/2015/11/13/formula-one-a-new-home-for-the-french-grand-prix/

The FIA has begun the official process of finding an alternative engine supplier for Formula 1 from 2017, Motorsport.com can reveal, after making the first step in its formal tender process.

In the document asking for companies to express their interest in supply the engines, it said: “The FIA has decided to launch a consultation among the engine manufacturers in order to potentially identify for the 2017, 2018 and 2019 seasons of the aforementioned Championship [F1] an exclusive alternative engine manufacturer which will be solely entitled to supply this alternative engine to the competitors entered for said seasons of the Championship.

“The FIA is now calling for expressions of interest to identify candidates interested in becoming the exclusive supplier of the alternative engine to the competitors. This call for expressions of interest is governed by French law.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-begins-tender-process-for-standard-f1-engine/

Good.

Lego Boss

Not sure that's rekt, considering everyone else was out in their cars doing laps and once again Button is back in the paddock talking to reporters instead of getting some time behind the wheel.

He's been more than a little bitter at Hamilton with some comments of late.

I don't see him as been bitter, just a bit snide.

I guess it's fully justifiable when Hamilton bailed to win 2xWDCs and he's stuck in lawnmower (Honda make excellent lawnmowers by the way).

Fisico

Since we were talking about GP2 earlier, here are their respective results for the Sauber's teammates

Ericsson 4 full seasons
2010: 17th, 11pts 1 win
2011: 10th, 25pts, 2 podiums
2012: 8th, 124pts, 1 win, 4 podiums
2013: 6th, 121pts, 1 win, 4 podiums

Nasr 3 full seasons
2012: 10th, 95pts, 4 podiums
2013: 4th, 154pts, 6 podiums
2014: 3rd, 224pts, 4 wins, 6 podiums

So yeah, I wouldn't consider surprising how is the Nasr vs Ericsson going right now (and how it's going to be in the future)

Bonus

Van der Garde, 4 full seasons
2009: 7th, 34pts, 3 wins
2010: 7th, 39pts, 4 podiums
2011: 5th, 49pts, 5 podiums
2012: 6th, 160pts, 2 wins, 4 podiums

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Not sure that's rekt, considering everyone else was out in their cars doing laps and once again Button is back in the paddock talking to reporters instead of getting some time behind the wheel.

He's been more than a little bitter at Hamilton with some comments of late.

I don't think he's bitter I think they've just got that banter.

Mohonky

I don't see him as been bitter, just a bit snide.

I guess it's fully justifiable when Hamilton bailed to win 2xWDCs and he's stuck in lawnmower (Honda make excellent lawnmowers by the way).

I don't think he's bitter I think they've just got that banter.

Sorry I wasn't so much talking about that comment, I was just more on the topic of Button in general lately.

We all scratched our heads at Hamilton going to Merc, but Button shouldn't be so quick to say oh well it's the car, especially going off Buttons one time WDC.

Kind of off topic, but my brother sent me these pics and I find them effin' awesome.

img-20151113-wa0001nosx7.jpg

img-20151113-wa0002wqsym.jpg

img-20151113-wa0003y5scd.jpg
Mate has a few that would be nearly as big. Where so just moved, supposedly a guy at the local club I'll be joining has one of the biggest planes out there, runs on 4 turbo props.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
This quote from Button is very disappointing :

Looks like Mclaren Honda next year will be as good as this season.

It would be overly optimistic to expect them to be championship contenders next year. When ever does it happen in F1 that a team jumps from rock bottom to the top? Without dramatic rule changes that reshuffle the cards entirely (Brawn GP) such things virtually never happen.

Ruruja

It would be overly optimistic to expect them to be championship contenders next year. When ever does it happen in F1 that a team jumps from rock bottom to the top? Without dramatic rule changes that reshuffle the cards entirely (Brawn GP) such things virtually never happen.

Manor Mercedes next year. #Believe

Looks like Mclaren Honda next year will be as good as this season.

Not going to happen, the McHonda is crippled this season, Honda knows the problem and tried to change the ERS earlier this season under reliability but one team rejected so the FIA turned down the request.

Button the other day said they'll be fighting at the front next season, Alonso says the 2016 Honda is looking promising, McLaren Honda will be the second fastest car at the first GP next season. Book it!

Aiii

So not worth it
I would have lol'ed hard if he had brought that folding chair with him in the back of his McLaren, but alas.

Top Bottom