• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JawzPause

Ugh what now?
I
That's not how reviews work.

A perfect 10 clearly doesn't mean a game is perfect.

C'mon now.
I never said that a perfect 10 means it's perfect. I said the reviewers that are giving it perfect scores should acknowledge it at least in their reviews.

C'mon now.

Yes!

Very good point! 22 reviews compared to over 60 is a night and day differential. If you would look at it based on that average, Ocarina Of Time would be in second place behind Breath Of The Wild.

and not to mention the times were living in these days. critics dont throw 10s out like candy anymore.

aBarreras

I never said that a perfect 10 means it's perfect. I said the reviewers that are giving it perfect scores should acknowledge it at least in their reviews.

C'mon now.

did you read all the reviews? or are you asking them just to lower their score because of the "frame rate problems"?

i havent read them

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
98 metacritic... is that a record for a major title? Obviously, with a smaller sample of reviews, a higher score is easier.

You mean I can play one of the highest rated games of this generation...

OUTSIDE!?

nut.jpg

Why would you want to go outside when you can play the new Zelda while sitting on the toilet?
:p

jmartoine

Seemed like Andre overlooked the fact that you can literally just throw a weapon to get rid of it too, you don't have to go into the main menu.

That confused me too. Surely if you know your inventory is full you would drop more than one weapon at a time? Otherwise you will fill it up constantly.

PrimeBeef

did you read all the reviews? or are you asking them just to lower their score because of the "frame rate problems"?

i havent read them

Every one of the perfect scores mentions the frame rate issue and says it does nothing to deter from them feeling the game deserved a perfect score. Those non perfect scores took the score down in part due to the frame rate issues and having issues with them.

JawzPause

i havent read them
I haven't read them all but I've read a few and watched a few video reviews that don't mention performance at all

98 metacritic... is that a record for a major title? Obviously, with a smaller sample of reviews, a higher score is easier.

We were just discussing that a few posts ago.

Basically with the higher amount of reviews Breath Of The Wild has - and it's at 98% Metacritic - it would easily be 99 or possibly 100 if you cut it down to just 22 of the flawless reviews.

But that's not how things work lol ;)

Let this be a lesson to all you 1080p60 folks.

Gameplay > Graphics.

Every. Single. Time.

Nintendo just told the industry that the way they have been making games is no longer good enough.

aBarreras

I haven't read them all but I've read a few and watched a few video reviews that don't mention performance at all

read this then
Every one of the perfect scores mentions the frame rate issue and says it does nothing to deter from them feeling the game deserved a perfect score. Those non perfect scores took the score down in part due to the frame rate issues and having issues with them.

ckaneo

Gameplay > Graphics.

Every. Single. Time.

Nintendo just told the industry that the way they have been making games is no longer good enough.
Frames are apart of gameplay.

In anycase the game gets a graphics pass cause the hardware it is released on is so weak. If it was on the ps4 it would score lower if it looked and played the same.

cantona222

Wow. Impressed. I was not planning to buy the Switch any time.... Well, I changed my mind after this thread. I'm glad to see Nintendo back on track. Nintendo deserves my day 1 money.

Pif

Banned

Gameplay > Graphics.

Every. Single. Time.

Just wait until cemu people force native 4k on this bad boy.

diaspora

Gameplay > Graphics.

Every. Single. Time.

I can't tell if you're bullshitting but frames do affect gameplay and Zelda would be better at 60fps.

NeoRausch

That giant USK eyesore makes me so glad I'm getting an American copy lol
To this day I don't understand this.
I mean... Yeah, it ruins the artwork, but that thing is going straight into the shelf and will never been seen again.
Or just print out your own cover.

Moff

Gameplay > Graphics.

Every. Single. Time.

for me, 60fps is part of the gameplay. I don't need state of the art super badass graphics, I need lovely art design and supersmooth gameplay.

Play ALBW again and you'll notice how 60fps are part of the gameplay

which is why I want an option for switch to play all content with the handheld resolution on docking mode

DonShula

I know right? It's crazy (and scary) to think how quickly it's come by.

It seems like only yesterday that GAF was dragging itself through the mud over when the Switch would be revealed. Took a whole lot of trying just to get up that hill.

Now we up in the big leagues. It's our turn at bat.

Peltz

Gameplay > Graphics.

Every. Single. Time.

Come on man. I'm as hyped as you are, but this isn't appropriate.

Gameplay > Graphics.

Every. Single. Time.

same for those 30 fps purists

I mean wtf a game is still playable at 20 fps that's the future of gaming right there

I mean, it seems likely that this is actually a pretty good game.

Whether or not you'll be disappointed or not... :shrug:
i guess seeing Mass effect 3 and a few others on that all time high list that i didn't really like has me wondering.

i have mine pre-ordered and ready to go but i wasn't too crazy about skyward sword and it scored high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom