• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
C56L1_mXEAMP7ns.jpg

Iokis

Even if it doesn't quite peak OoT, I never thought I'd see something like this again.

Fitting, perhaps, that it would be a Zelda game that truly evolves the open world ideals of the original that opens the critical floodgates, just as the last game to do so (and remain the highest Metacritic score of all time) was the first Zelda to be brought into 3D.

Goddamn, Nintendo.

I don't even know where to begin.

My god...those scores are beyond what my old, jaded, "played Zelda 1 when he was 5" mind could have possibly imagined in the current age.

To be fair, one of the reasons why launch games are often not good is because later games have more opportunities for refinement; BotW on Switch was in development for the entirety of the Wii U's lifespan.
Yes, that's a good point.
-------------
I'm not a Legend of Zelda fan and didn't play more than 1 hour of this series in my life, but these reviews are so amazing and make me happy without a reason! lol Let alone it's die hard fans!

Did your opininon about the combat and the weapon durability change as you got further into the game? I'm still early on and it's not really clicking with me so I'm wondering if it gets better or if I just have to get used to it.

It doesn't feel as tight as earlier titles. Also you have to do a lot of group combat and the system isn't quite robust enough to give you great battlefield control.

I got used to it because there are some great emergent mechanics and a lot of room to play around. Think Minecraft or Terraria.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
WOW at all the critical acclaim. Impressive.

People didn't belive me when I said Edge wasn't going to be the only significant perfect score coming.
My review will arrive with the second batch of Reviews within few days, but I've already tried enough of the game to say that I'm not surprised by this critical acclaim.

At all.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Yeah but this is literally the highest (aggregate) scoring game since 2008 though.
There are probably going to be another 30-50 reviews, it probably won't end up at 98. Still way higher then anything else this gen.

Jacobson

People are probably going to attack you for posting a negative review (even though the vast majority haven't played it yet), but I appreciate you being honest with your thoughts and sticking to your guns.

People are drowning in 10s, I doubt many would pay attention to this. Although I do find it silly that he doesn't like the game because open-world is not Zelda.

Exciting. I only really ever played Ocarina of Time and enjoyed it, but I think I will have to get a Switch at some point. This and Xenoblade 2 are very tempting.

It's a Zelda game, of course it was always gonna be around 93~98MC. After the Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess disappointments I'll put my hype into check.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I read some review sentences... First time I'm having a boner, crying and smiling at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom